I think this might be the best system to play

keeper 

Souttar smith halkett

Clare.                                      Hickey 

Sibbick Irving 

Walker 

Naismith  Boyce 

that would be my starting 11 if all fit 

I think Stendel more or less said he wasn’t looking to play 3 at the back again after the Falkirk game.

That said, I think we need to incorporate Smith somehow. Potentially in the middle of the park.

31 minutes ago, Zaba said:

I think Stendel more or less said he wasn’t looking to play 3 at the back again after the Falkirk game.

That said, I think we need to incorporate Smith somehow. Potentially in the middle of the park.

Smith easily fits in at CM so pretty much sorted there, and if we need a CB in a pinch he can do a job there too. Mr Reliable :D 

Voice of reason

We need time to work on the 3-5-2 but even after one training session working on it we were defensively far more secure. They had very few chances in the first half but hit the woodwork 3 times when we changed back to normal. It’s a formation that should suit us. We just need to get used to it.

10 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

We need time to work on the 3-5-2 but even after one training session working on it we were defensively far more secure. They had very few chances in the first half but hit the woodwork 3 times when we changed back to normal. It’s a formation that should suit us. We just need to get used to it.

Agree with this, Smith has to play but I certainly would not drop Irving as this kid is class 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Just switch the formation to a diamond with Smith at the base dropping deeper if need be.

id actually be happy with that starting 11 although we would be heavily depending on the full backs to provide the pace with that starting 11 

I think we need 3 centre mids to close down 2 doesn't seem to work.  i'd have smith, sibbick,  langer/bozanic for against hard teams or away from home.  irving for anyone except smith when we play rubbish teams.

1 striker 2 winger/forwards. could start to rotate naisy with boyce maybe not a bad shout for celtic game.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
34 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Do people listen to our manager?

He didn’t like 3 at the back - he changed it because we didn’t have enough players forward.

can we ban debates about 3 at the back and shit like that as it is a waste of time - we won’t be playing it

2 hours ago, Zaba said:

The priority for the team is to stop leaking goals. Smith is a better defender than Clare. Smith gets my vote.

Voice of reason
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Do people listen to our manager?

He didn’t like 3 at the back - he changed it because we didn’t have enough players forward.

can we ban debates about 3 at the back and shit like that as it is a waste of time - we won’t be playing it

He didn’t say that. Maybe you should listen to our manager?

He said we didn’t need as many players behind the ball in that particular game (presumably because Falkirk are 2 leagues below us) but could revisit the system in league games. 

I imagine we may revisit it against Celtic in our next match and i hope we do. We were defensively more secure in the first half. As soon as we went back to our normal set-up they rattled the woodwork 3 times.