• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Francis Albert

• The Real Maroonblood

• GinRummy

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Only issue is the keeper otherwise delighted. 

Backing Stendel but one shot in 45 minutes against Falkirk suggests Pereira isn't the only issue. 

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Backing Stendel but one shot in 45 minutes against Falkirk suggests Pereira isn't the only issue. 

Starts from the back. 

34 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

You don't support Hearts.  You support Craig Levein.  😂

I support Hearts and everyone at Hearts. 

The truth is that we were ripped apart by Kilmarnock. But for their keeper having a mad moment we would have been slaughtered.

I only saw the highlights of the Falkirk game but it looked like the same old disappearing act by the CB's. Falkirk could easily have won last night and it wouldn't have been undeserved according to the highlights.

People said when Stendel came in they'd be happy losing games as long as we played attractive football. Well I'd rather we played ugly and stayed up rather than playing more exciting football and going down.

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Surely it's in everyone's best interests to actually get behind the club and Stendel, during this difficult period rather than slate the club and Stendel for ****sake. 

I'm beginning to wonder if people seriously want to see us relegated, just to say told you so fecking pathetic,call yourselves Hearts supporters man embarrassing. 

Do people really want us to be playing Championship football next season?, we have been through the shit and back and survived before why, because in my opinion we have the best fans in the world.

when this club was on it's knees and time's were looking dark how did we get by? By being defiant Heart of Midlothian football club and all sticking together and taking the blows that came along. 

Just like this man says in this video this is a call to arms 

The club needs us all Now!!!.

And we are going nowhere without one hell of a fight!!. 

**** this is I'm out, cut me open and I bleed maroon. 

Bongo 1874. 

Just my opinion, but this is such a ‘look at me, I’m crying out for attention as an Uber Hearts Fan post’  it’s actually hard to think of anyone other than i8hibs coming up with anything remotely similar. 

Edited by Paris 84

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

The truth is that we were ripped apart by Kilmarnock. But for their keeper having a mad moment we would have been slaughtered.

I only saw the highlights of the Falkirk game but it looked like the same old disappearing act by the CB's. Falkirk could easily have won last night and it wouldn't have been undeserved according to the highlights.

People said when Stendel came in they'd be happy losing games as long as we played attractive football. Well I'd rather we played ugly and stayed up rather than playing more exciting football and going down.

That wasn't really the choice was it under Levein ?

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Starts from the back. 

Sorry are you really saying our inability to.have more than one shot in 45 minutes against a team.two

Leagues below us was down to.our goalkeeper?

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

That wasn't really the choice was it under Levein ?

And are we any better off now? The jury is out for me.

Things have to get MUCH better and SOON.

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

We were not ripped apart by Kilmarnock at all.  Our keeper let in two absolute howlers and could have done better at the 1st.  So going by your logic we should have drawn 0-0.

I don't recall anyone saying they would be happy to lose games.  Craig Levein would have relegated us playing ugly so a managerial change was essential.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

For me we are definitely better off. I look forward to Hearts games rather than dreading them. Of course we have to.get better soon but at least I.think we might do.so. 

PS WHY DO THESE FULL STOPS KEEP APPEARING IN MY POSTS?

Edited by Francis Albert

46 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry are you really saying our inability to.have more than one shot in 45 minutes against a team.two

Leagues below us was down to.our goalkeeper?

Everyone has retreated a couple of yards to cover the goalkeeper. 

47 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

...or what?

It’s over Craig, leave and get on with your life. I’m sure a good Championship job will be available in the summer. 

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Am all in with Stendel. I said in my post after Killie that I’d rather watch Hearts lose 3-2 but have a go than lose 1-0 having tried not to be beat. Balls to the walls football, 6 up front. Love it. I voiced my concern that Stendel wants to stick with a keeper that has directly cost us 5 points in the past 2 games. On another night, he may well have cost us a cup place as well. Other than that, am buzzing. 

Agreeing with you wholeheartedly here. 

Stendel has my full backing, but this insistence on pereira despite him being a total let down to his teammates is baffling. I'm fairly certain we'd have picked up more points with Bobby.

Captain Canada

We've lost 1 in 7 which is progress. Yes, two wins came against League 1 teams, but you can only beat what's in front of you. 

I was delighted last night because we got through a tricky game in brutal conditions. I couldn't care if they hit the woodwork three times - they didn't score any. It's like saying if only Joel had saved that shot against Killie we'd have drawn. Results matter, not ifs and buts.

Stendel has given us an identity again and it's certainly not been boring. We can definitely stay up if everyone believes it and we give our full backing in every game. 

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

...or what?

It’s over Craig, leave and get on with your life. I’m sure a good Championship job will be available in the summer. 

.... or what?

We get relegated.

jamboinglasgow

good post from the Op.

I avoided this place after the Kilmarnock game knowing it would be an angry place. Came on after the game yesterday and came away thinking we had lost to Falkirk due to the negativity and sack cloth wearing here. 

We are in a tough situation, but I thought the last 12 months would mean we appreciate every win, while wanting to do better.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

...or what?

Craig wouldn't be good enough to manage a Lowland league side never mind one in the Championship.  Although I heard he was lingering about Dunfermline recently like the bad smell that he is.

The Real Maroonblood
40 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

...or what?

:laugh:

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

If we had sourced a trustworthy keeper in the transfer window this thread wouldn't exist. 

I hope the goalkeeping issue isn't going to be the cause of us being relegated. 

I like Daniel's ideas and given time I think he will be a success for us. 

Not with El Cato doing his clown impression berween the sticks though. 😕

You do know they only call him El Cato because he likes milk dontcha?

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Everyone has retreated a couple of yards to cover the goalkeeper. 

So it is not just down to.our goalkeeper.

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So it is not just down to.our goalkeeper.

Hey Francis, why do those full stops keep appearing in undesirable places in your posts?

I'll judge Stendel when he has his own team in place.

You can hardly blame the fans for the club's near total incompetence the previous few years that has placed us in the position we are.

Need to look a tad higher up the chain of command for that my man.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

That’ll please you 🤷‍♂️

...or what?

:lol:

...or what?

:lol: 

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, smiler said:

Hey Francis, why do those full stops keep appearing in undesirable places in your posts?

No idea. That is kinda why I asked the 

question.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No idea. That is kinda why I asked the 

question.

A know man, i was trying. to be funny. but it looks. like I failed. 😔

Edited by smiler

1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

We've lost 1 in 7 which is progress. Yes, two wins came against League 1 teams, but you can only beat what's in front of you. 

I was delighted last night because we got through a tricky game in brutal conditions. I couldn't care if they hit the woodwork three times - they didn't score any. It's like saying if only Joel had saved that shot against Killie we'd have drawn. Results matter, not ifs and buts.

Stendel has given us an identity again and it's certainly not been boring. We can definitely stay up if everyone believes it and we give our full backing in every game. 

Results matter, not ifs and buts. The league results this season have been worse since Stendel came in than before he came in. I didn't expect miracles from Stendel and him to fix all the problems in the team, but I did expect results to improve rather than get worse. I find it hard not to feel a bit negative about that.

As for the OP, I think if you aren't happy reading a range of opinions, then a discussion forum isn't the place for you. Suggesting that any Hearts fan wants to see us relegated is the stupidest thing I've read on here. The only posters I've seen equivocate on relegation have been on the "100% Stendel" thread where some of his most ardent supporters suggested they were fine with us being relegated if that meant he got to put in place his ideas. 

Under the floodlight
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

good post from the Op.

I avoided this place after the Kilmarnock game knowing it would be an angry place. Came on after the game yesterday and came away thinking we had lost to Falkirk due to the negativity and sack cloth wearing here. 

We are in a tough situation, but I thought the last 12 months would mean we appreciate every win, while wanting to do better.

Good post, seems to be the usual suspects as well.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Surely it's in everyone's best interests to actually get behind the club and Stendel, during this difficult period rather than slate the club and Stendel for ****sake. 

I'm beginning to wonder if people seriously want to see us relegated, just to say told you so fecking pathetic,call yourselves Hearts supporters man embarrassing. 

Do people really want us to be playing Championship football next season?, we have been through the shit and back and survived before why, because in my opinion we have the best fans in the world.

when this club was on it's knees and time's were looking dark how did we get by? By being defiant Heart of Midlothian football club and all sticking together and taking the blows that came along. 

Just like this man says in this video this is a call to arms 

The club needs us all Now!!!.

And we are going nowhere without one hell of a fight!!. 

**** this is I'm out, cut me open and I bleed maroon. 

Bongo 1874. 

Good post 👍🏽

13 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

The way a fairly large portion of Hearts fans still talk in revered tones about us strutting it against Alloa and Dumbarton that season, I'd say many do. It was - from start to finish - an utter embarrassment for a club of our stature, and I'd rather not suffer it again.

This. Then when we were promoted and started to face stronger opposition, but still managed to get in about the top 3/4 places, apparently the style of the wins wasn’t good enough. 🙄

13 hours ago, Paris 84 said:

Just my opinion, but this is such a ‘look at me, I’m crying out for attention as an Uber Hearts Fan post’  it’s actually hard to think of anyone other than i8hibs coming up with anything remotely similar. 

Jealousy needs attention!

Double pop at two forum posters in as many lines. Nae need for i8's inclusion, using his high profile hasn't brought the attention that you crave.

OP's video collage is full of positives, well done Bongo, I'm envious :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Bit hard to be positive when bottom of the league. 

Aye Dino but it is what it is, as the saying goes, we have to make the best out a bad situation.

4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye Dino but it is what it is, as the saying goes, we have to make the best out a bad situation.

All the more reason to back the team and staff to get us away from the bottom.

16 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I think I remember calls to get behind the club when Levein was creating the mess we are in now. I am behind Stendel and the club and encouraged by some of the things he has already done and his overall progress. But blind faith isn't any sort of answer to our current predicamemt.

It's not blind faith that's required, it's support

The Old Tolbooth
16 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Jesus wept, I was going to rip this apart, but I can't be arsed, you can't educate stupid! 

3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Jesus wept, I was going to rip this apart, but I can't be arsed, you can't educate stupid! 

Ah yes!

The old "can't be bothered to debate or listen to anothers point of view, I'll just resort to personal abuse instead" position.

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, Spoleto said:

Ah yes!

The old "can't be bothered to debate or listen to anothers point of view, I'll just resort to personal abuse instead" position.

I don't class it as abuse if it's the truth, and I think you'll find I'm not alone in that.

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I don't class it as abuse if it's the truth, and I think you'll find I'm not alone in that.

18 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Hated every minute of our stays in the lower league. Even during and after the  7-0 win at Arbroath my main feeling was what the ****  are we (as in HMFC) doing here?

The only exception was our last excursion to the second tier but only because there was a clear reason why we were there and we ran away with the title rather than struggle ever more desperately to escape.

Really? The emergence of Robbo, Mackay, Henry? Alex MacDonald, Sandy Jardine, Willie Johnston? Wallace Mercer? The last year of the yo-yo seasons was the one that finally galvanised the club.  If I hated every minute of something I think I'd chuck it in.

Walking out of Tynecastle after a defeat there is rarely much anger, especially of late where losing has become the norm. 

I witness mostly a quite disappointed demeanour with the real supporters.

It's only when you read the diatribe on here, usually when games are being played and directly afterwards that I feel the seethe.

I reckon all the angry keyboard batterers must be the ones that leave early desperate to be heard over the interweb.  Each to their own I suppose.

I personally prefer a pint and a bit of reflection then a few more pints, if I'm still disappointed afterwards I head here to cheer me up. Generally works well for me.

Edited by Noah Claypole

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Ah yes!

It's because you didn't have anything critical to say against CL or his team yet a couple of months under Stendel and you're suddenly concerned. I can't see any reason why you'd expect to be taken seriously. You've made yourself out to be stupid to a lot of posters.

Edited by GinRummy

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It's because you didn't have anything critical to say against CL or his team yet a couple of months under Stendel and you're suddenly concerned. I can't see any reason why you'd expect to be taken seriously. 

Francis Albert
57 minutes ago, westbow said:

Really? The emergence of Robbo, Mackay, Henry? Alex MacDonald, Sandy Jardine, Willie Johnston? Wallace Mercer? The last year of the yo-yo seasons was the one that finally galvanised the club.  If I hated every minute of something I think I'd chuck it in.

Hated BEING in the lower league, which we really struggled to get out of despite the emergence of those you mention. Hated us playing in an empty Tynecastle. Hated some of our fans being the billy big boys at away games emulating OF fans at their worst. Hate the nostalgia some have for those days.