Negativity

Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Hated BEING in the lower league, which we really struggled to get out of despite the emergence of those you mention. Hated us playing in an empty Tynecastle. Hated some of our fans being the billy big boys at away games emulating OF fans at their worst. Hate the nostalgia some have for those days.

Why did you bother then?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Francis Albert

• The Real Maroonblood

• GinRummy

HardcoreJambo

The fans have ever right to complain about the lack of results (The Rangers result aside). Usually most new managers come in and have a honeymoon period of sorts. Unfortunately that has not been the case with Stendel. He has inherited a squad depleted of confidence and ruthlessly ended the stay of a few of our more experienced players. Its been a bit of a whirlwind thus far and I don't expect it to calm down from now until the end of the season. We are still bottom of the league and many thought we'd be out of the relegation battle by now. The longer this goes on the stronger the toxicity from the fans. I, like many others, have the right to be concerned. However I will back the team until the end of the season under Stendel. They need as much support as possible.

Edited by HardcoreJambo

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It's because you didn't have anything critical to say against CL or his team yet a couple of months under Stendel and you're suddenly concerned. I can't see any reason why you'd expect to be taken seriously. You've made yourself out to be stupid to a lot of posters.

Ah yes, when I was defending Sean Clare from the haters and the disgusting abuse that he was receiving on this forum.

When I was pointing out that Levein was faced with a horrendous injury situation and was NEVER able to field the anything like the same team twice. 

When I was pointing out that INDIVIDUAL ERRORS were costing us dearly. 

When Hearts weren't bottom of the league, let alone being 5 points adrift of the bottom.

So yes, I am concerned. Concerned that despite having players back from injury AND having brought his own players in we STILL look like we are in serious danger of being relegated.

I'm concerned that you don't appear to be concerned Rummy.

30 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Ah yes, when I was defending Sean Clare from the haters and the disgusting abuse that he was receiving on this forum.

When I was pointing out that Levein was faced with a horrendous injury situation and was NEVER able to field the anything like the same team twice. 

When I was pointing out that INDIVIDUAL ERRORS were costing us dearly. 

When Hearts weren't bottom of the league, let alone being 5 points adrift of the bottom.

So yes, I am concerned. Concerned that despite having players back from injury AND having brought his own players in we STILL look like we are in serious danger of being relegated.

I'm concerned that you don't appear to be concerned Rummy.

I was only pointing out why nobody would enter into a serious conversation with you. Your positivity and excuses for levein and the exact opposite for Stendel is obviously agenda driven and involves some sort of emotional attachment. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I was only pointing out why nobody would enter into a serious conversation with you. Your positivity and excuses for levein and the exact opposite for Stendel is obviously agenda driven and involves some sort of emotional attachment. 

:laugh:

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, westbow said:

Why did you bother then?

"Son, I'm a Hearts fan."

As Dave Mackay responded when someone asked him before a game whether he was backing Spurs or Derby County.

If you can't understand why I should hate seeing Hearts relegated for the first time in our history and then struggling for 6 years to re-establish themselves as a top flight club then I can't help you.

24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just because you make things up doesn't make them true.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Not biting any more. Say what you want. Nothing sincere about any of it so why should I care. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

"Son, I'm a Hearts fan."

As Dave Mackay responded when someone asked him before a game whether he was backing Spurs or Derby County.

If you can't understand why I should hate seeing Hearts relegated for the first time in our history and then struggling for 6 years to re-establish themselves as a top flight club then I can't help you.

Help yourself first mr furious. I suggest Mindfulness not football for you.

thecarnbeejambo

well said, d.s. is trying to change our style of play while at the same time trying to turn around the mess he has inherited from c.l. and company. hard enough job just trying to achieve one of the above. come  on jambos the club need us to get behind them just as we did in the dark days of admin. lets get out of this relegation mess then we can look forward to a season when d.s. can start with a clean slate. hhgh.

22 hours ago, Spoleto said:

I support Hearts and everyone at Hearts. 

The truth is that we were ripped apart by Kilmarnock. But for their keeper having a mad moment we would have been slaughtered.

I only saw the highlights of the Falkirk game but it looked like the same old disappearing act by the CB's. Falkirk could easily have won last night and it wouldn't have been undeserved according to the highlights.

People said when Stendel came in they'd be happy losing games as long as we played attractive football. Well I'd rather we played ugly and stayed up rather than playing more exciting football and going down.

The truth aye?

Possesion 57-43 %

Shots 15 -7 

On Target 11-5 

Corners 12-6.

You obviously weren't at the game to make that moronic statement. Watching the highlights on Sportscene really doesn't count.

Not the type of stat we would have had under your hero. Get behind the man for god sake, the football is so much better to watch, and the results will come.

You had absolute patience in your hero, time to show some of the same.

2 hours ago, Spoleto said:

As you so regularly demonstrate

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

The truth aye?

Possesion 57-43 %

Shots 15 -7 

On Target 11-5 

Corners 12-6.

You obviously weren't at the game to make that moronic statement. Watching the highlights on Sportscene really doesn't count.

Not the type of stat we would have had under your hero. Get behind the man for god sake, the football is so much better to watch, and the results will come.

If you watched the highlights of the Hearts v Rangers game you would have though Rangers dominated Hears . 

Only an idiot would use the BBC highlights as a true barometer of how a game unfolded . 

Apart from a mad 10 mins after we scored Hearrs controlled Saturday nights game and the stats back this up . 

The truth aye?

Possesion 57-43 %

Shots 15 -7 

On Target 11-5 

Corners 12-6.

They certainly cut our defence open a few times that night, and I was at the game.

On 09/02/2020 at 17:49, Dino Velvet said:

Bit hard to be positive when bottom of the league. 

This.  Dare to speak out about our current predicament and you get accused of all sorts!!

The truth aye?

Possesion 57-43 %

Shots 15 -7 

On Target 11-5 

Corners 12-6.

The truth is that Kilmarnock tore us apart. You can quote stats, I'll stick to what I saw. 

22 minutes ago, ramrod said:

If you watched the highlights of the Hearts v Rangers game you would have though Rangers dominated Hears . 

Only an idiot would use the BBC highlights as a true barometer of how a game unfolded . 

Apart from a mad 10 mins after we scored Hearrs controlled Saturday nights game and the stats back this up . 

"Only an idiot would use the BBC highlights as a true barometer of how a game unfolded"

I agree. 

Now what is your point?

15 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Sorry GR. I think you are a really good balanced poster on this forum and a genuine decent poster at that 

Debate is great and all that but I am fast coming to the realisation that where there are alternative agendas in play it is becoming more pointless even getting involved with it. 

(Easier said than done and don’t hold me to that 🥴

It is, what it is, in all honesty.

Nothing will ever ever change it. 

7 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Sorry GR. I think you are a really good balanced poster on this forum and a genuine decent poster at that 

Debate is great and all that but I am fast coming to the realisation that where there are alternative agendas in play it is becoming more pointless even getting involved with it. 

(Easier said than done and don’t hold me to that 🥴

It is, what it is, in all honesty.

Nothing will ever ever change it. 

Thanks very much. Enjoy your posts too. I'll chat away with anybody,  but whether it's just mischief making or whatever, some posters are definitely insincere. I don't think we are infested with undercover hibs fans but some peoples motives seem highly questionable.

11 hours ago, Spoleto said:

"Only an idiot would use the BBC highlights as a true barometer of how a game unfolded"

I agree. 

Now what is your point?

He is saying that if you watched the highlights, only, you would think that Rangers dominated us.

Said On the basis that only an idiot would think this happened watching clips of the whole game.

He then infers that if you were at the game, or even watched the game, that we dominated them for the 90 minutes which is spot on and accurate.

Apart from that 10 minute spell after we scored which is the exception. 

Do keep up. it isn’t that difficult 

13 hours ago, merrymac said:

The truth aye?

Possesion 57-43 %

Shots 15 -7 

On Target 11-5 

Corners 12-6.

Stats are pointless and mean very little- almost as little as highlights. Fact is, if their keeper hadn’t made an arse of himself we would have been soundly and deservedly beaten. 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Stats are pointless and mean very little- almost as little as highlights. Fact is, if their keeper hadn’t made an arse of himself we would have been soundly and deservedly beaten. 

What about if our keeper hadn't made an arse of himself?

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good point! 👍

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I was referring more to the stupid sending off rather than inability to stop basic shots. 

I am a Stendel fan but I don’t think we can use basic stats to defend a pretty poor performance overall. 

Mind you, I can’t remember a time when we didn’t get hammered by Killie at home. It’s a theme going back a decade 🙈

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I was referring more to the stupid sending off rather than inability to stop basic shots. 

I am a Stendel fan but I don’t think we can use basic stats to defend a pretty poor performance overall. 

Mind you, I can’t remember a time when we didn’t get hammered by Killie at home. It’s a theme going back a decade 🙈

Yeah we have probably won more games away at Killie than against them at home in last decade.  Sometimes fixtures run like that.  

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'm not a big fan of stats either but I thought we played well in spells and it was our defence that let us down. Souttar and Halkett were poor and Pereira isn't worth discussing again. Stendel must be pulling his hair out. We couldn't buy a goal and now we look like we've got goals in us. Knowing full well we'd ship more goals under the new system he must've been relieved to get a defensive paring of JS and CH in the team, then after good enough performances against the huns they start making schoolboy errors, getting caught on the ball and straying out of position multiple times over the last two league games. Soul destroying.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

What like our keeper?

Fact is if our keeper hadn't made an arse of himself TWICE the result might have been totally different

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

What like our keeper?

Fact is if our keeper hadn't made an arse of himself TWICE the result might have been totally different

Think there is a difference between a keeper not stopping shots and a keeper kicking the ball away and getting sent off. 

After Killie weathered our early good play, they schooled us in counter-attacking football. 

Don’t get me wrong, I like DS and expect him to do well next season. I just wonder sometimes if he is the right man to get us out of this mess and get us to the summer to rebuild. 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Think there is a difference between a keeper not stopping shots and a keeper kicking the ball away and getting sent off. 

After Killie weathered our early good play, they schooled us in counter-attacking football. 

Don’t get me wrong, I like DS and expect him to do well next season. I just wonder sometimes if he is the right man to get us out of this mess and get us to the summer to rebuild. 

With respect, is there anyone who could get us out of this with the team at their disposal ?

I don’t think so. That’s not to say we won’t but he’ll give it a good try and hopefully keep us up.

We all know what this place will be like if we don’t !

1 minute ago, Boab said:

With respect, is there anyone who could get us out of this with the team at their disposal ?

I don’t think so. That’s not to say we won’t but he’ll give it a good try and hopefully keep us up.

It won't be his fault though, and we shouldn't blame him, according to quite a few fans on here.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

It won't be his fault though, and we shouldn't blame him, according to quite a few fans on here.

That’s how the battle lines will be drawn for sure.

If we don’t make it, I’ll put my mortgage on the predictable shitfest of Levein would have kept us up against the ones saying it’s solely down to him.

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

Just now, Boab said:

If we don’t make it, I’ll put my mortgage on the predictable shitfest of Levein would have kept us up against the ones saying it’s solely down to him.

Abso-****ing-lutely.

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

There is, but a keeper not stopping shots inevitably leads to goals against, whereas a keeper getting sent off does not necessarily lead to conceding goals only makes it more likely.

So my question ,which would have the biggest and most immediate impact?

I agree with your last point. I wonder if the changes in style are just too much for players to digest, given the situation we are in.

I really hope we stay up, cos next season could be some exciting rollercoaster ride.

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

I hope so too .

Most (many) managers would take the pragmatic (à la CL) route to safety . Not pretty but probably the safest (least scary) option .

Think DS is more of a shit or burst manager . Bumpy ride but certainly will be entertaining

I still think we will stay up, I would rather watch us attack than sit back and watch some boring football like what our previous manager played in Daniel we trust.

3 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

He is saying that if you watched the highlights, only, you would think that Rangers dominated us.

Said On the basis that only an idiot would think this happened watching clips of the whole game.

He then infers that if you were at the game, or even watched the game, that we dominated them for the 90 minutes which is spot on and accurate.

Apart from that 10 minute spell after we scored which is the exception. 

Do keep up. it isn’t that difficult 

Yeah, that's all very well, but seeing as I never even mentioned the Rangers game the entire post was irrelevant.

I suggest you take your own advice and try to keep up. As you say, it's not difficult.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Are you seriously suggesting that this squad of players isn't better than St Mirren, Hamilton & Ross County?

Just now, Spoleto said:

Are you seriously suggesting that this squad of players isn't better than St Mirren, Hamilton & Ross County?

We’ve played 6 games against those 3 teams this season. W 1, D 4, L 1.

We’re below all of them right now.

Are you seriously suggesting we’re better ?