Negativity

Bongo 1874

Surely it's in everyone's best interests to actually get behind the club and Stendel, during this difficult period rather than slate the club and Stendel for ****sake. 

I'm beginning to wonder if people seriously want to see us relegated, just to say told you so fecking pathetic,call yourselves Hearts supporters man embarrassing. 

Do people really want us to be playing Championship football next season?, we have been through the shit and back and survived before why, because in my opinion we have the best fans in the world.

when this club was on it's knees and time's were looking dark how did we get by? By being defiant Heart of Midlothian football club and all sticking together and taking the blows that came along. 

Just like this man says in this video this is a call to arms 

The club needs us all Now!!!.

And we are going nowhere without one hell of a fight!!. 

**** this is I'm out, cut me open and I bleed maroon. 

Bongo 1874. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Francis Albert

• The Real Maroonblood

• GinRummy

It should have been ten

Well said 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

So many boring, torn faced arseholes on here.
Not a peep from our supporters during the Killie game, where was the ****ing support?? 
We are in a relegation battle ffs. Tons left well before full time, maybe try getting behind the team.

Hearts ‘supporters’ aye nae bother then! 

Edited by It should have been ten

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Surely it's in everyone's best interests to actually get behind the club and Stendel, during this difficult period rather than slate the club and Stendel for ****sake. 

I'm beginning to wonder if people seriously want to see us relegated, just to say told you so fecking pathetic,call yourselves Hearts supporters man embarrassing. 

Do people really want us to be playing Championship football next season?, we have been through the shit and back and survived before why, because in my opinion we have the best fans in the world.

when this club was on it's knees and time's were looking dark how did we get by? By being defiant Heart of Midlothian football club and all sticking together and taking the blows that came along. 

Bongo 1874. 

:greatpost:

Ex member of the SaS

Not so much torn faced but maybe expecting professional players to make a pass or god forbid score ( or even have a shot ). Yes the conditions were dire but it was for both sides so I would expect premiership players to do better. Stendel still has the core of rubbish he inherited but would hope he could get them up for it a bit more. Still sure he will but right now we need every player playing at 100%. Anything less is not good enough. They expect a win bonus so why don't they think a deduction for a loss is a bad idea?

Am all in with Stendel. I said in my post after Killie that I’d rather watch Hearts lose 3-2 but have a go than lose 1-0 having tried not to be beat. Balls to the walls football, 6 up front. Love it. I voiced my concern that Stendel wants to stick with a keeper that has directly cost us 5 points in the past 2 games. On another night, he may well have cost us a cup place as well. Other than that, am buzzing. 

Francis Albert

I think I remember calls to get behind the club when Levein was creating the mess we are in now. I am behind Stendel and the club and encouraged by some of the things he has already done and his overall progress. But blind faith isn't any sort of answer to our current predicamemt.

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bongo 1874. 

Would never want that ,,were all concerned,let's win on saturday ,and let's see what happens next ?everyone's concerned and upset ,  let's not start cutting each others throats ,,,,,bye  the light ,,🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👏👏👏👏👏👏🙌🙌🙌🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I think I remember calls to get behind the club when Levein was creating the mess we are in now. I am behind Stendel and the club and encouraged by some of the things he has already done and his overall progress. But blind faith isn't any sort of answer to our current predicamemt.

:laugh:

What else is there FA? Are we to be mostly faithful to Stendel but a little suspicious?

I don't think there is any other way to behave in the stands than blind belief because what's the point in even going to the game if you're 100% sure of loss? Unless you are half writing Stendel off now

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, Dino Velvet said:

Bit hard to be positive when bottom of the league. 

True, but I'm taking a view that we've not lost many recently, so thats a big improvement. Had it not been for our ridiculous goalie, we may have beaten St J and not lost to Killie.

I'm all in backing Stendel to the end of the season. I'll be at as many games as I can make home and away. If we do get relegated i want to know that at least I've done my bit

10 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Not so much torn faced but maybe expecting professional players to make a pass or god forbid score ( or even have a shot ). Yes the conditions were dire but it was for both sides so I would expect premiership players to do better. Stendel still has the core of rubbish he inherited but would hope he could get them up for it a bit more. Still sure he will but right now we need every player playing at 100%. Anything less is not good enough. They expect a win bonus so why don't they think a deduction for a loss is a bad idea?

Is that "core of rubbish" that you are referring to the squad of players that most supporters reckoned was a strong squad not so long ago?

Bit hard to be positive when every long ball over the heads of Halkett and Souttar seems to result in a goal scoring chance for the opposition.

SpruceBringsteen
22 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Do people really want us to be playing Championship football next season?

The way a fairly large portion of Hearts fans still talk in revered tones about us strutting it against Alloa and Dumbarton that season, I'd say many do. It was - from start to finish - an utter embarrassment for a club of our stature, and I'd rather not suffer it again.

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Bit hard to be positive when every long ball over the heads of Halkett and Souttar seems to result in a goal scoring chance for the opposition.

Ah, the Leveinbot returns

How was things in the void?

7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

pretty much the same when the long balls were over berras head

29 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Well said 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

So many boring, torn faced arseholes on here.
Not a peep from our supporters during the Killie game, where was the ****ing support?? 
We are in a relegation battle ffs. Tons left well before full time, maybe try getting behind the team.

Hearts ‘supporters’ aye nae bother then! 

Were you at the Killie game? There was a few songs in the opening spell when the team started well. The fans are right behind them. 

Edited by Debut 4

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, kila said:

:laugh:

What else is there FA? Are we to be mostly faithful to Stendel but a little suspicious?

I don't think there is any other way to behave in the stands than blind belief because what's the point in even going to the game if you're 100% sure of loss? Unless you are half writing Stendel off now

Where does the 100% sure of losing come into it. Or for that matter the "little suspicious" of Stendel. 

I am neither. But blind faith in  the sense of not being critical of the performances or stendel's decisions when deserved seems to.me the opposite of supporting. I am sure Stendel and those players with more than half a brain fully understand that.

Just now, milky_26 said:

pretty much the same when the long balls were over berras head

People getting ‘boring’ levelled at them but the people who defiantly stuck by a Levein still sneak around with veiled digs at the current set up. It’s not even subtle.  

It should have been ten
6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Were you at the Killie game? There was a few songs in the opening spell when the team started well. The fans are right behind them. 

Was there that’s why I said it. Right behind them? Walking out so early? Some of us are though, I’ll give you that. 

No negativity from me Bongo. I love this club wether we’re top or bottom. All my eggs are firmly in the Stendel basket just now. 100% support for me. Sure I’d love another few marquee signings but this will

come in due course.

We need to continually support the club and show the management and chairwoman we are firmly behind them. Daniel acknowledges our following home and away. I’ll be there on Wednesday signing my heart out as usual. 

PS, pm me an email address and I’ll give you a sneak preview of my appreciation to DS that will be unveiled at Easter road on the 3/3/20? Tried to send you a pm but the file was too large 

33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bongo 1874. 

Come on. It is the dread of relegation after all of us coming together to save the club that is really damaging. Blind Faith made a half decent supergroup but for the fans paying money and hoping to see us challenge at the top end of the league? I have supported the team for a long time and so far this has been pretty dispiriting. Leave blind faith to the different religious zealots.

Haringshairband

I'm a positive person in general but feck me this season has been testing.Hopefully we can secure our premiership status and kick on next season.

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

The way a fairly large portion of Hearts fans still talk in revered tones about us strutting it against Alloa and Dumbarton that season, I'd say many do. It was - from start to finish - an utter embarrassment for a club of our stature, and I'd rather not suffer it again.

Hated every minute of our stays in the lower league. Even during and after the  7-0 win at Arbroath my main feeling was what the ****  are we (as in HMFC) doing here?

The only exception was our last excursion to the second tier but only because there was a clear reason why we were there and we ran away with the title rather than struggle ever more desperately to escape.

queensferryjambo
32 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

They expect a win bonus so why don't they think a deduction for a loss is a bad idea?

Hearts players don't get a win bonus on a game for game basis. They certainly don't in the league.

In fact they will only get a bonus of any kind in the league is if they finish 4th or above and it is done on a points system based on how many starts, sub appearances, inclusion on the bench. The bonus pot is then divided depending on your points score.

Not sure what the deal is for cup games though.

13 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Correct - the fans were unsurprisingly shocked and dumbfounded when we went 3-0 down however when we scored the penalty the fans did their best to encourage the team. 
Just the same old crap on here from the usual suspects wanting to blame the fans for every poor performance from the team.

portobellojambo1

After what we have had to sit and watch for way, way, way too long now I suspect maybe people possibly thought that when a new manager came in everything would just change from shit to brilliant almost instantly. It is going to remain a WIP for a little while but I can't think of anyone who would have changed things from day 1, such was the awful position we had been placed in. What Stendel is looking to do is so good to watch when it works, but it still needs some work. While it is possibly a style of play that could be adopted for a full 90 minutes it does need 10 outfield players on the park who are effectively able to multi task to a certain extent, and we aren't at that level yet. The opposition teams can see what we can see from the stands. When too many players all look to go forward at once, or where everything starts off much nearer the half way line than our own penalty area the style the opposition use, which incorporates hoofball, works against us at the moment. Smith made us look stronger yesterday evening, but the defending still needs to be a bit better. I say that while accepting that I feel the team will continue to worry about the man in goals, but the defence do need to be more like a traditional back 4 type of defence. Again Hickey coming back may help that, and it may then give Stendel additional options in the front 6 posiitons, including both Clare and White. They appear to have recovered their confidence and fitness respectively so he should have the option of getting them playing further forward as alternatives to anyone who is struggling. I know he doesn't have a lot of time to get things right, after the end of this month there are only a further 5 leaque games until the split. Beating both Hamilton and St Mirren this month is huge, while it is more than reasonable to assume we will still be in the bottom 6 come the split if we are in amongst those around us I would hope we can do enough, and all that needs done this season is making sure we are in the same division come the start of next season. In some instances I don't think what is being transmitted by fans is outright negativity but instead does include some reality about where we were when he started and what he is trying to do for us.

Edited by portobellojambo1

I’m 100% behind Stendel.  Things had got so bad under Levein that watching my team had become a chore.  Now I can’t wait for our next game.  Wednesday was disappointing, but no one who left at full time could say they hadn’t been entertained.  Those that left at 3-0 probably didn’t feel that way. 

We still have problems and face a battle until the end of the season, but I firmly believe we are heading in the right direction.  We”re going to give someone a hiding  in the not so distant future.

1 minute ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Combating negativity by calling our fans "pathetic" and "embarrassing" 👍

The ones that are turning on him already 👍🇱🇻 give the guy a chance? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Right behind him but not convinced for all the same reasons I stated from the beginning. 

Hope I'm very wrong. I don't get losing as exciting. 

Leveins games against Motherwell and Hamilton must have been exciting by the same logic. 

I don't get how we started looking organised to a crumbling wreck in a week. 

With the OP time for recriminations will have be in the summer,  right now its about the fight ahead 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What you’re talking about it unconditional support, which simply isn’t going to happen when you’re 3-0 down at home to Killie.

The players have to earn support. They’ve been letting us down for long enough.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bongo 1874. 

Its not the Hearts way to do anything easy. If we're avoiding relegation it will be play offs or last day of the season type affair.

Boring as otherwise.

Maroon rollercoaster full speed ahead!!

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The ones that are turning on him already 👍🇱🇻 give the guy a chance? 

Definitely, I don't think we can be too hard on people for how they react at 3-0 down at home to Kilmarnock on a cold midweek night though. 

59 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

You don't support Hearts.  You support Craig Levein.  😂

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bongo 1874. 

I’ve thought this many times over the last 5 years. What happened to supporting your team through thick or thin whether we’re 3rd under neilson, 6th under Levein or 12th under Stendel?

Spoiler

@Bongo 1874 great post. We have lost one game this year are creating far more chances in every game things are looking much better going forward.  Only justified negativity is with regards to El Gato, but we win games when he plays , Smith returning ,Toby in midfield and a fit again Hickey make me feel optimistic about staying up.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Blind faith is all a football fan has FA!

Spot on @Bongo 1874 👍🏻

I’m giving jkb a bodyswerve for the most part just now as it makes horrendous reading. The same posters who harped on and on about negative, boring football are now complaining about how open and attack-minded we are. You couldn’t write it. 😳

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think our fans have stuck by the team really well in recent weeks. We know this team isn't good enough but getting relegated would be a complete disaster so if we ward that off then we can focus again on next season. Plus no one is blaming Stendel for getting us into this mess. Where the quizzical looks were coming was the seeming lack of acknowledgement that mediocre teams like St Johnstone and Kilmarnock worked us out quite easily.

fabienleclerq

I've missed any stuff slating der gaffer, we are of course bottom of the league so people are understandably annoyed. 

However the 2000 at he game yesterday were positive and back the team, I think even if we do end up down we still have the right man in charge. 

If we had sourced a trustworthy keeper in the transfer window this thread wouldn't exist. 

I hope the goalkeeping issue isn't going to be the cause of us being relegated. 

I like Daniel's ideas and given time I think he will be a success for us. 

Not with El Cato doing his clown impression berween the sticks though. 😕

There’s a world of difference between an Internet forum and the real world.

The backing the team are getting home and away at the moment is not a sign of a support giving up. Under Levein no danger we’d have sold out Falkirk and St Johnstone and packed out Tynecastle for a mid week against Killie.

For the 35+ years following Hearts there’s always been some torn faced dick in the crowd but generally the fans get behind the team. Unlike on here where you have trolls and Hibs fans thrown in with that torn faced dick from the crowd and this gives them a platform to spout shite.

Can be as negative as you want here but the games is where the support counts and I don’t think Stendel or the players can moan that they’ve not been backed. Sean Clare was getting boos not so long a go now he’s the new hero, all because he’s shown us he’s up for it, Liam Boyce, Washington and now even Jamie Walker look like they’ll run all day for the team, and while I may have a wee moan on here at the games that’s all I ask from Hearts players, give it your best leave everything out on the pitch and I and 99% of the fans will support you. 

49 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What you’re talking about it unconditional support, which simply isn’t going to happen when you’re 3-0 down at home to Killie.

The players have to earn support. They’ve been letting us down for long enough.

The players or the manager?