Kevin Nisbet

Graeme Russell

Graeme Russell

Hearing Hibs had made a deadline offer for him 350k plus 150k worth of add ons. Dundee Utd  then came to the table with an even better

offer  which was also declined. Looks like Utd trying to get someone in place if they sell Shankland. Would like to see either of them in maroon.

3 minutes ago, Graeme Russell said:

Hearing Hibs had made a deadline offer for him 350k plus 150k worth of add ons. Dundee Utd  then came to the table with an even better

offer  which was also declined. Looks like Utd trying to get someone in place if they sell Shankland. Would like to see either of them in maroon.

Good source ?

The_razors_edge
2 minutes ago, Graeme Russell said:

Problem with United is other than shankland they have no other fit strikers - Sow injured, Clark injured and a couple of youngsters on loan. Hence why they signed rakish Bingham during the week

If we have the money available in the summer I'd like to see us make a move for him. 

Was there not some rumour that Dunfermline wanted 50% sell on fee? 

I think thats a bit mental, but wouldn't be against giving them a decent sell on fee. Would be good in building a good working relationship with smaller clubs like them. Being difficult doesn't serve anyone long term.

I do think though, that at £350k we're fast entering the end of our price range territory. 

Looking at him since he was at Raith but that was before, I doubt Stendel knows anything about him.

Besides Dunfermline seemingly want £500k for him, which ties in with the figure quoted.

No chance we'll be signing him.

Ive not seen much of Nisbet so couldn't comment but I've seen a fair bit of a lad at Crewe Alexandra called Charlie Kirk. He'd be well worth a look. 22 Yr old, 7 goals and 12 assists this season. 

39 minutes ago, Graeme Russell said:

I heard h1b5 offered £250k and Dunfermline wanted 400k not ITK but think that bid was reported at the time 

1 hour ago, Graeme Russell said:

Details in the Courier yesterday.

Dundee United made a stunning big money deadline day bid for Dunfermline striker Kevin Nisbet, Courier Sport can reveal.

Hibs were the first club to show their hand last Friday and submitted a £350,000 offer plus £150,000 worth of add-ons for the highly-rated 22-year-old.

United then came to the table, it is understood, and went even higher to try to tempt the Pars into doing business.

The Tangerines were given the same message as the Edinburgh club, though, which was Dunfermline were unwilling to sell their star man mid-season with the promotion play-offs still in their sights.

Even the best part of half-a-million pounds couldn’t persuade them.

Nisbet has scored 22 goals in the Championship this campaign after signing from Raith Rovers.

At the end of the season he will have one year left on his deal when more offers are sure to come in for him.

And by that point, United could be looking for a Lawrence Shankland replacement, with Nisbet thought by many in the game as the best like-for-like candidate in the country.

The January bid, although it was knocked back, was a show of intent from the Tannadice club that they intend to return to the Premiership with a bang next season.

16 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Dundee United made a stunning big money deadline day bid for Dunfermline striker Kevin Nisbet, Courier Sport can reveal.

Hibs were the first club to show their hand last Friday and submitted a £350,000 offer plus £150,000 worth of add-ons for the highly-rated 22-year-old.

United then came to the table, it is understood, and went even higher to try to tempt the Pars into doing business.

The Tangerines were given the same message as the Edinburgh club, though, which was Dunfermline were unwilling to sell their star man mid-season with the promotion play-offs still in their sights.

Even the best part of half-a-million pounds couldn’t persuade them.

Nisbet has scored 22 goals in the Championship this campaign after signing from Raith Rovers.

At the end of the season he will have one year left on his deal when more offers are sure to come in for him.

And by that point, United could be looking for a Lawrence Shankland replacement, with Nisbet thought by many in the game as the best like-for-like candidate in the country.

The January bid, although it was knocked back, was a show of intent from the Tannadice club that they intend to return to the Premiership with a bang next season.

I can hardly read that. 

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Absolutely no chance Hibs offered £350 grand for him.

Agree, £350K plus add ons seems fanciful for a striker unproven in top league

3 hours ago, Graeme Russell said:

Both better than what we have 

23 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

🤭

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Boyce? 
give it a rest!!! How many times you watched Nisbet?

Entitled to my opinion 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Dunno, Doidge has done pretty well in the end for you guys. Boyle is decent on his day. 

4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Absolutely no chance Hibs offered £350 grand for him.

They are not worth £350 grand, ratbags !!!!!🤣🤣🤣🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🤪😬🤭🤞

Entitled to my opinion 

Of course you are .

Obviously not worth a feck if not based on knowledge 

Entitled to my opinion 

Which is wrong, so how much have you seen of Nisbet? Bet you hadn’t even heard of him until somebody mentioned him on here.

Edited by 1874robbo

2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Entitled to my opinion 

Yip you sure are, my opinion is that your opinion is the opinion of someone who only has this opinion based on the fact that you had to take a huge maroon headed custard spitter up your crusty poop shoot on the 19th of may 2012. This of course is only my opinion. Regarding Nisbet, the lad looks a natural goal scorer and im sure will move on to bigger and better things regardless of where he ends up.

47 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I would honestly pay him to stop posting. 

I don't know why you rankled by him.

I bizzarely enjoy his posts.

Deepfriedpizza
4 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

You're aware that Boyce was top scorer in the prem league for a struggling Ross County team eh?

5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He's being watched 👍🇱🇻

Really?? What a scoop! Seriously, are Hearts actually watching him???? Good good to know the scouting department are ahead of the game!!

Hearts are watching him, great news. Surprised they can get a ticket though considering half the teams in Scotland and England have scouted him in the last two months. If he retains his current scoring rate he'll go for more than the mooted half a million, and he's a better all round player than Shankland, also has a fair bit of improvement in him.

Glad Hearts are watching him though, great to get that kind of inside info...your itk status is burnished with these kind of golden nuggets of insider info us outsiders can only dream of.

9 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Really?? What a scoop! Seriously, are Hearts actually watching him???? Good good to know the scouting department are ahead of the game!!

Hearts are watching him, great news. Surprised they can get a ticket though considering half the teams in Scotland and England have scouted him in the last two months. If he retains his current scoring rate he'll go for more than the mooted half a million, and he's a better all round player than Shankland, also has a fair bit of improvement in him.

Glad Hearts are watching him though, great to get that kind of inside info...your itk status is burnished with these kind of golden nuggets of insider info us outsiders can only dream of.

14 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Ah, it all makes sense now. You're 8. Sorry, didn't mean to pick on a child.

The only thing that makes sense is your name, but that doesn't mean you have to act like one 😂😂👍 have a good night bud. 

1 hour ago, TheTrumpet said:

The irony that you are called trumpet 😂 that must've take about 15 mins to write that out 

What a trumpet 

Guest ToqueJambo

If the rumours of D Utd's bid are true that pretty much confirms they paid a fair whack for Shankland, which everyone knew anyhow.

They're going to crash and burn if they keep up this level of spending - lost nearly £4m was it last season? They'll never get the crowds or prize money to sustain that sort of spending. Don't think this will end well for Utd. Shame, as I always quite liked them.

12 hours ago, Tazio said:

Does this mean this seasons Shankland thread will be a Nisbet thread next season?

If he keeps scoring and H1b5 sign the new Pele it could be an even bigger 

13 hours ago, kimosavi said:

The irony that you are called trumpet 😂 that must've take about 15 mins to write that out 

What a trumpet 

No, it took about 2 minutes. I mean come on, someone smugly posting that Nisbet is being watched? Like it's some kind of insider scoop. Jesus, if Hearts aren't watching him then someone needs shooting. And even if he is being watched he's out of all but the Uglies reach now. Them or the championship, the Nisbet ship has sailed I'm afraid  so Hearts can keep watching him, I doubt they'll be buying him. 

The Old Tolbooth

Raith Rovers didn't want Nisbet to stay on with them as he's apparently a billy big baws in the dressing room and causes a lot of friction, I'm sure that could be knocked out of him by a strong manager, but this came from someone inside Raith, and he was banging in goals for fun for them too. 

2 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

No, it took about 2 minutes. I mean come on, someone smugly posting that Nisbet is being watched? Like it's some kind of insider scoop. Jesus, if Hearts aren't watching him then someone needs shooting. And even if he is being watched he's out of all but the Uglies reach now. Them or the championship, the Nisbet ship has sailed I'm afraid  so Hearts can keep watching him, I doubt they'll be buying him. 

So Hearts should be watching him (to the extent that someone needs shot if we're not) but at the same time he's already out of our league.

Great stuff.

16 minutes ago, Zerothehero said:

So Hearts should be watching him (to the extent that someone needs shot if we're not) but at the same time he's already out of our league.

Great stuff.

Essentially another Shankland except he'll cost a 500k fee plus the rest. I can't see any English championship side paying 500k btw.

10 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Nisbet has to be on our radar surely?

Depends. There's been plenty decent players at other clubs over the last few years that we've not gone for and they usually end up at Aberdeen or Hibs.

I'd like to think our scouting system has been taken care of since Levein because if it hasn't then we'll be losing out on a few more if Aberdeen and Hibs are interested in them.

Edited by jambonian

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Raith Rovers didn't want Nisbet to stay on with them as he's apparently a billy big baws in the dressing room and causes a lot of friction, I'm sure that could be knocked out of him by a strong manager, but this came from someone inside Raith, and he was banging in goals for fun for them too. 

In my experience of football dressing rooms at any level, the guy passing info or bad mouthing Nisbet is most likely the guy who is actually being kept out the side by Kevin Nisbets goal scoring exploits... 9/10 it’s sour grapes or jealousy, you hear these stories about almost every half decent footballer

8 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Hands up who has never heard of this player or even seen him in action? 
Just me. Oh well. 

I watched him a couple of times last season for Raith and he looked decent. Wouldn’t be paying 350k+ for him though