“Official Celtic v Heart of Midlothian match day thread “

SMJ_1874

Did anyone expect us to get anything at Darkheid,  let's be honest, we were always getting zero points from this.

It moves on to Saturdays match with Hamilton,  a must 3 points, anything less and we don't deserve to stay up.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Francis Albert

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

If Smith, Naismith and Claire are out on Saturday it will represent the most extreme form of cruelty.  Add to that both Hickey and Sibbick and it's grim beyond belief.

That's a worst case scenario of course but knowing our luck I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

And we don't have a goalkeeper.

Keep the faith.

Psychedelicropcircle

Watched the highlights like a hot knife through butter!  Nowt new mind! If we swapped playing budgets I’d expect us to do the same to them. 

Gonnae get it tight, the day. The fecking site is full of Celtic supporters. PPE and Stihl saw on all day, me thinks.

We'll need to pump Hamilton and St Mirren twice. Those 12 points should kick us clear.

8 hours ago, Deevers said:

I was told that he was signed without anyone the club having actually seen him play.

Now if that is the case it’s absolutely unbelievable. 

Just watched one of their goals, again he fails to catch the ball, bounces off him to a celtic player who scores, 

the guy is useless.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

I have supported hearts for over 57 years and this is the first time i am actually embarrassed with our team  well second time 5-0 livi game must be a 5-0 thing :rifle:

Really.. 

I could rattle of 10 worse scores without a thought. 

No need for the drama. 

8 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

How we can only dream of having quality like that if money wasn’t wasted on sub standard 

players then we could have 

Get yourself to your sister bedroom sadsack

Edited by ramrod

Deepfriedpizza
8 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

go **** yourself you ****ing nob if your happy getting stuffed your a ****ing tit :vrface:

What did I say that was wrong? Where did I say I was happy at all? Silly looking *****.

9 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

I have supported hearts for over 57 years and this is the first time i am actually embarrassed with our team  well second time 5-0 livi game must be a 5-0 thing :rifle:

Since you love an emoji here’s a few for that absolute shocker of a post 

:rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

Not one good goal. All soft from our point of view. 2 from simple set pieces we didn’t challenge for in the air. 

The rest were just, well, meh.  

Honestly so easy to get at us at the back.  

9 hours ago, Gambo said:

I think they are buying into it tbh, but they seem to be very fragile and the first sign of trouble/mistake in a game seems to lead to a collapse.

Yes the goalie is a disaster and needs dropped but some of the defending in front of him in last few games has been comical and the protection from midfield has been non existent. Goalie aside one of my main concerns about Stendel is the midfield, still not addressed the shambles in there the last manager left him.

Yes it's the managers job to get things turned around with what he has at his disposal, but I ain't going to stick the boot in after 2 and a bit months with the shitfest he has to sort out. This was no quick fix. The jury is still out, as it should be in that timescale, but I like the way he goes about games, he just needs to find away with what we have of tightening it up and us being stronger mentally and physically.

We desperately need a morale boosting win on Saturday. Achieve that and I think we will motor on. Hopefully tonight is a watershed moment.

Agree with this Gambo

Most important game for us since that St Mirren game we had to sell out.

Pumped by the best team in country who are pumping teams better than us (yes of course we can slate our own).  The usual angry bores out in force with multiple threads on  just who, why, how etc etc.  This game is done.  For me it all starts for real on Saturday, a run of fixtures that WILL decide where we play our football next season.    We have to stick with it and we will but I do agree that the goalie is simply not good enough.  

9 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

some people on here seem to put up with the drival we have endured the last two years but I dont think with the money hearts have that we should be getting the shit football that we have been watching the last couple of years ,fair enough at least Dan is got us attacking teams but I dont think we have the player right now to play this way but some of the numptys on here are happy to put up with it **** that shit mate :rifle:

Spot on Wattie

Anyone who didn’t expect a real doing last night is a dreamer.

A defeat was always happening and it was just a matter of how many. The only silver lining is it has surely ended the Hearts career of Joel Pereira.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

A defeat was always happening and it was just a matter of how many. The only silver lining is it has surely ended the Hearts career of Joel Pereira.

Sigh. If only that were true.

Just now, DH1986 said:

Prepare to be very disappointed !

That keeper is an absolute disgrace.  The first goal at Parkhead is absolutely crucial.  The longer we keep them out the more chance we’ve got.  The first one was actually comical and so basic.  A poor shot he pushes straight out to a Celtic player when it could have so easily been caught.  I am honestly starting to wonder about this boy it’s like he’s trying to get us sent down.  If he keeps starting then that’s what’s going to happen.  Doesn’t matter how hard the other 10 players try he will continue to sabotage us every single game.  The responsibility is now Stendals how many of these does he need to see????  Get it sorted.  

I actually thought we were doing ok until butter fingers blew that out the water, he also thinks he's Mo Salah with the ball at his feet.

I WANT BOABY!!!

Ex member of the SaS

Too many getting upset about a game we would never have won given who the ref was and the opposition. The only really bad thing is the goal difference.

The keeper is a bombscare and needs removed, no if no buts. Felt we played well in parts and only poor passes or wrong choices in the last third.

My biggest gripe is Stendel wants a high pressing game, yet we fail to put in tackles. Defenders backtracking and allowing them into our box without a single foot being put in. The mid sitting too deep and running off after a failed block or half hearted tackle.

What happened to getting stuck in high up the park? 

Our season will be defined by the games played against the teams around us and wins against the Tic and Hun ( whilst always good ) won't make much difference. We need to battle and battle hard next game or we are going down.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

I actually thought we were doing ok until butter fingers blew that out the water, he also thinks he's Mo Salah with the ball at his feet.

I WANT BOABY!!!

Oi !

Calm doon !

wattie exploited
4 hours ago, King prawn said:

Since you love an emoji here’s a few for that absolute shocker of a post 

:rofl::rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

thanks here one for you  :blahblah::sleepy::sleepy:

wattie exploited
6 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Just watched one of their goals, again he fails to catch the ball, bounces off him to a celtic player who scores, 

the guy is useless.

he has been like this almost every  game good with his feet but shit whhen it comes to makes saves so what is the point of him being in goals mind blowing !!!!!!!!!!!!!:rifle:

wattie exploited
12 hours ago, Coolio said:

I like the Flame Thrower but I also like the Sniper.

Only one way to sort this out.................................FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sterb032::wattie::rifle:

nice one at least someone doesn't upset with them emo.s :toasting:

wattie exploited
21 minutes ago, Coolio said:

Agreed. Life is far too short mate. :thumbsup:

it is thats why I want to see hearts play better football than of late :toasting:

...a bit disco
6 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I WANT BOABY!!!

Ambiguity ya bass.

3 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

he has been like this almost every  game good with his feet but shit whhen it comes to makes saves so what is the point of him being in goals mind blowing !!!!!!!!!!!!!:rifle:

Its very strange and worrying Wattie.

wattie exploited
55 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Its very strange and worrying Wattie.

cant remember ever had such a bad goalkeeping situation that we have right now :huh:

1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

cant remember ever had such a bad goalkeeping situation that we have right now :huh:

Same here, followed them since 1971 pal, this guy is on a different planet ☹️.

Forever Hearts

But we've always took a dry one at Celtic Park so last night's latest embarrassment is to be expected and all we can do is move on to the next game.

Am I doing this properly? 

Willie Hamilton genius
19 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

Jeezo Wattie, of you started supporting Hearts in 1963, you surely would have noticed us getting beaten 7-1 at Tynecastle by Dundee in 65, or a new year game we lost 7 in too?

losing 5-0 away to a team whose goalkeeper is worth more than our entire squad is crap, but nowhere near as embarrassing as those 2.

The first one lost us the league by the way

wattie exploited
10 minutes ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

Jeezo Wattie, of you started supporting Hearts in 1963, you surely would have noticed us getting beaten 7-1 at Tynecastle by Dundee in 65, or a new year game we lost 7 in too?

losing 5-0 away to a team whose goalkeeper is worth more than our entire squad is crap, but nowhere near as embarrassing as those 2.

The first one lost us the league by the way

i was at the hibs 7-0 one was actually almost in tears   i think i was 12 or 14 at the time that that got wiped out when we beat them 5-1 in the final 

wattie exploited
38 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Same here, followed them since 1971 pal, this guy is on a different planet ☹️.

we will need to rebuild from scratch in the summer got at least half a squad to get rid off 

Willie Hamilton genius
47 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

we will need to rebuild from scratch in the summer got at least half a squad to get rid off 

Totally agree.

Still think Stendel should be the man to do it

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

Totally agree.

Still think Stendel should be the man to do it

yeah but his record so far isnt great although we are attacking with more threat anyway we life in hope :jambobanana:

2 hours ago, Willie Hamilton genius said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/champions-league-superclubs-liverpool-man-utd-barcelona-real-madrid-a9330431.html

Regards Celtic getting richer and dominating the league, this is not just a Scottish problem.

Excellent article in today's Independent

An excellent article, thanks for highlighting it.

Reckon if we can hang in there until March we should be ok, will not be as cold and the ball will not be as stingy on the cold keepers hand, he may even try t catch it or at worst try and palm it away without hurting his hands.

if we can’t finish above st mirren and Hamilton with the remaining games it will be down to the manager as he keeps picking the guy.

he inherited a mess but had enough games left to keep the team up, fingers crossed common sense prevails soon starting on Saturday 

On 12/02/2020 at 22:53, Gambo said:

I think they are buying into it tbh, but they seem to be very fragile and the first sign of trouble/mistake in a game seems to lead to a collapse.

Yes the goalie is a disaster and needs dropped but some of the defending in front of him in last few games has been comical and the protection from midfield has been non existent. Goalie aside one of my main concerns about Stendel is the midfield, still not addressed the shambles in there the last manager left him.

Yes it's the managers job to get things turned around with what he has at his disposal, but I ain't going to stick the boot in after 2 and a bit months with the shitfest he has to sort out. This was no quick fix. The jury is still out, as it should be in that timescale, but I like the way he goes about games, he just needs to find away with what we have of tightening it up and us being stronger mentally and physically.

We desperately need a morale boosting win on Saturday. Achieve that and I think we will motor on. Hopefully tonight is a watershed moment.

Great post Gambo, totally agree.

Just watching the BBC highlights...did Langer actually make contact with Broon? He went down clutching a knee but was up again pretty sharpish having a nip in Langer's lug.

I'm fairly sure if there was more in it we'd have seen multiple replays from a variety of camera angles - not disputing the lunge was deserving of a red card.