Disappointed.

busby1985

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Are you kidding on? Falkirk could have taken 4 goals off us last night. Celtic will score anything between 3-10 goals on Wednesday night.

Like the Rangers match it’ll be different. We’ll be forced to sit in more as we won’t dominate the ball. 

It might suit us as we’ll become the counter attacking side. My only concern is our bottle to defend strongly.  

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Mr Elwood P

• graygo

• busby1985

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving the keeper debate aside (cos we're goosed in that dept and we don't see training either so who knows, right?), I had similar concerns about 3 at the back. We never play it well and personnel hadn't changed to change that.

That said, I wonder if Dan wanted to test it in the cup game to see what he thought. Risky, but theory being irrespective of formation, we should be winning. And we did. Just!

I really hope the experiment ends there. Not against us putting Smith back to RB to solidify things a bit. But then playing him CM maybe does that.

I wonder if we should go more of a 433 now. 2 midfielders a bit more Conservative (Smith and Irving/Sibbick/Langer) , one who plays ahead (Walker/Irving) and 3 up top. Allows fullbacks up the park more if you have 2 midfielders as watchmen

Keeper

Clare

Halks

Soapy

Hickey

Smith

Sibbick

Walker/Irving

Boyce

Naismith

Walker/McD/Donis/Ryo

2 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Bit of a problem seeing as you're based in Scotland!

There's a difference between English bad weather and Scottish bad weather to be fair.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Leaving the keeper debate aside (cos we're goosed in that dept and we don't see training either so who knows, right?), I had similar concerns about 3 at the back. We never play it well and personnel hadn't changed to change that.

That said, I wonder if Dan wanted to test it in the cup game to see what he thought. Risky, but theory being irrespective of formation, we should be winning. And we did. Just!

I really hope the experiment ends there. Not against us putting Smith back to RB to solidify things a bit. But then playing him CM maybe does that.

I wonder if we should go more of a 433 now. 2 midfielders a bit more Conservative (Smith and Irving/Sibbick/Langer) , one who plays ahead (Walker/Irving) and 3 up top. Allows fullbacks up the park more if you have 2 midfielders as watchmen

Keeper

Clare

Halks

Soapy

Hickey

Smith

Sibbick

Walker/Irving

Boyce

Naismith

Walker/McD/Donis/Ryo

No point in risking Naismith. 

34 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

you drunk last night, or just blind 

How could we have lost 4-1 against a team who couldn't get one shot on target?

I'd love to hear your explanation how they could have won. Why should only 1 of our shots on target count and 4 of their off target count?

Cos it gives you chance to moan and have a go at the team, despite getting in to the next round?

I might have been drunk at the game last night but seems like you're still on it.

13 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Like the Rangers match it’ll be different. We’ll be forced to sit in more as we won’t dominate the ball. 

It might suit us as we’ll become the counter attacking side. My only concern is our bottle to defend strongly.  

It’s not our bottle that worries me, it’s the technical ability of our goalkeeper...

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

How could we have lost 4-1 against a team who couldn't get one shot on target?

I'd love to hear your explanation how they could have won. Why should only 1 of our shots on target count and 4 of their off target count?

Cos it gives you chance to moan and have a go at the team, despite getting in to the next round?

I might have been drunk at the game last night but seems like you're still on it.

They hit the woodwork three times and missed a one on one. Falkirk could easily have scored four goals last night.

I thin it’s a sign of pragmatism that the manager had the flexibility to try a new formation - takes balls to do it and last night was the perfect time to do it.

He looked at it for 45 mins and decided it wasn’t what he wanted a too many people behind no the ball 😂. Something we’d never think a Hearts manager would ever say LOL

So he changed it second ha,f and we won, with luck,  but we dominated possession 

So I am actually delighted Stendel was flexible enough to do what he did - but he didn’t like it so the gung ho attacking rollercoaster will continue

He is what he is and we just need to stay up and allow him another transfer window to perfect the squad

Klopp took 2 seasons to properly click - we just need to avoid relegation

Edited by Jammy T

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Celtic winning 2-1 or 3-1 was the recurring score line ... with a couple of 5-0 pummelling for a bit of variety. 

A defeat is a defeat is a defeat.

I'd rather we go and have a bash at playing the game on our own terms than curl up into a Leveinball on the off-chance that Celtic play nice.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They hit the woodwork three times and missed a one on one. Falkirk could easily have scored four goals last night.

There easily could’ve been 4 Falkirk goals last night. Add in the 2 at the back idea and a better side could’ve taken double figures off us. I love the all out attack idea but there needs to be some nod to the defensive side of the game haha. The keeper scares the life out me, he isn’t lacking confidence, he’s just no any good. His positioning for the 2nd shot that hits the post is atrocious. He also dropped about 3 crosses into the box as well. Am hopeful the lessons have been learned and that we see a different keeper on Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

A defeat is a defeat is a defeat.

I'd rather we go and have a bash at playing the game on our own terms than curl up into a Leveinball on the off-chance that Celtic play nice.

Not if you get relegated on goal difference it isn’t!

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

There easily could’ve been 4 Falkirk goals last night. Add in the 2 at the back idea and a better side could’ve taken double figures off us. I love the all out attack idea but there needs to be some nod to the defensive side of the game haha. The keeper scares the life out me, he isn’t lacking confidence, he’s just no any good. His positioning for the 2nd shot that hits the post is atrocious. He also dropped about 3 crosses into the box as well. Am hopeful the lessons have been learned and that we see a different keeper on Wednesday. 

Can’t believe anyone would argue that Falkirk didn’t have four great chances to score. Coming from someone used to arguing the minority position!

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Can’t believe anyone would argue that Falkirk didn’t have four great chances to score. Coming from someone used to arguing the minority position!

Thought you’d have been pleased today. Winning is the only important thing. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Haha. Yeah I don’t get that either. We made it though tho so thank the lord. That BBC coverage man 🙈🙈

Just now, GinRummy said:

Thought you’d have been pleased today. Winning is the only important thing. 

Be pleased if BSC Glasgow get another two goals here and then draw us at Tynecastle next round.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Be pleased if BSC Glasgow get another two goals here and then draw us at Tynecastle next round.

Absolutely with you there 👍

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

My biggest concern is that If celtic have between 5-15 shots on target the scoreline will resemble one from the 6 nations. 

😂😂

ScandinavianJambo
13 hours ago, everton_jambo said:

To be fair to Pereira, I doubt Bobby or Doyle would have bailed Dikamona out with that botched backpass. And in the conditions having someone who can get some distance on a kick was important.

Fortunately Falkirk had no shots on target 

They hit the wood work three times...

This place is bat shit mental.

Last week we had folk complaining the manager needed to change his style to suit the personnel we have, he was a one trick pony etc. Now we have folk ‘disappointed’ he changed the formation against a 1st division team in the cup and actually won the game.

He wanted to try it and did so against a lower league team he’ll asses it’s effectiveness and decide what’s best for Celtic away.

Honestly what happened to just enjoying a cup victory! I don’t doubt whoever we get in the next round the doom and gloom merchants will be out in force telling us we’re going out.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

This place is bat shit mental.

Last week we had folk complaining the manager needed to change his style to suit the personnel we have, he was a one trick pony etc. Now we have folk ‘disappointed’ he changed the formation against a 1st division team in the cup and actually won the game.

He wanted to try it and did so against a lower league team he’ll asses it’s effectiveness and decide what’s best for Celtic away.

Honestly what happened to just enjoying a cup victory! I don’t doubt whoever we get in the next round the doom and gloom merchants will be out in force telling us we’re going out.

👏👏👏👏

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not if you get relegated on goal difference it isn’t!

We'd have nobody to blame but ourselves.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My biggest concern is that If celtic have between 5-15 shots on target the scoreline will resemble one from the 6 nations. 

😂😂

My exact thoughts on the game!

Bazzas right boot

It's strange. 

Right now is take us to beat celtic, Aberdeen, rangers at home but I wouldn't be Suprised if we got beat 5-0 either, also I'm as confident of beating rangers at home as I am the likes of  Hamilton. 

We're in the next round and if we avoid a trip to Glasgow could easily progress all the way, on the other hand we could get thumped 5-0 of a shite side. 

11 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

They hit the wood work three times...

Hitting the woodwork is deemed of target, hence the proper description from the BBC analysis. 

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

My suspicion is that the players themselves were largely responsible for the tactics and shape last night and the second half against Killie. The manager has been quick to distance himself from both performances.

I'd be hoping any manager of Hearts doesn't distance themselves from any of their team's performances. 

At the end of the day it's his team selection, his tactics and the outcome is ultimately his responsibility. 

We were poor last night but scraped through. On we go to Wednesday. 👍

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Are you kidding on? Falkirk could have taken 4 goals off us last night. Celtic will score anything between 3-10 goals on Wednesday night.

Don’t believe so. All about opinions though innit?

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, graygo said:

We blamed St Mirren in 1986.  :whistling: 

I didn't. 

Clydebank at home the previous week was our chance to put it out of Celtic's reach. 

MacKay's goal, screamer though it was, wasn't enough of a safety net.

Mind some curly headed bloke having a stormer of a game for them though.

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

TBH I’m just delighted Citeh skelping West Ham is off 😀

Loads of games off across Europe! Not Scotland though eh? Do things a bit differently up here ...

46 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'd be hoping any manager of Hearts doesn't distance themselves from any of their team's performances. 

At the end of the day it's his team selection, his tactics and the outcome is ultimately his responsibility. 

We were poor last night but scraped through. On we go to Wednesday. 👍

I don't think he meant to distance himself but to say it wasn't his preferred style.

I'm delighted to be in the next round as are the vast majority of other Hearts fans I know. Falkirk hit the woodwork 3 times we hit it once , so what we scored a goal they didn't. Goals count for everything, have a look at the stats for the Killie game on Wednesday night we destroyed however, they scored 3 and we scored 2.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I didn't. 

Clydebank at home the previous week was our chance to put it out of Celtic's reach. 

MacKay's goal, screamer though it was, wasn't enough of a safety net.

Mind some curly headed bloke having a stormer of a game for them though.

Who was that? I was at the game and it was dire from memory. The Aberdeen game hurt us more.

54 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I'm delighted to be in the next round as are the vast majority of other Hearts fans I know. Falkirk hit the woodwork 3 times we hit it once , so what we scored a goal they didn't. Goals count for everything, have a look at the stats for the Killie game on Wednesday night we destroyed however, they scored 3 and we scored 2.

That doesn't fit in with the agendas though. 

Governor Tarkin
39 minutes ago, graygo said:

Who was that? I was at the game and it was dire from memory. The Aberdeen game hurt us more.

34 years ago :(

34 ****ing years.

Malinga the Swinga

The only thing that mattered last night was qualification to next round. That was achieved therefore overall last night was success. Anyone who diagrees doesn't understand football.

Malinga the Swinga
56 minutes ago, graygo said:

Gary Mackay missing a penalty in a draw against Dundee Utd cost us big time as did last minute equaliser from Celtic in 1st game of the season. If he had scored that penalty, league would have been done and dusted before Dundee game.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Gary Mackay missing a penalty in a draw against Dundee Utd cost us big time as did last minute equaliser from Celtic in 1st game of the season. If he had scored that penalty, league would have been done and dusted before Dundee game.

If you're going to go that far back we had a hellish start to the season.

ScandinavianJambo
4 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Hitting the woodwork is deemed of target, hence the proper description from the BBC analysis. 

Indeed, however still bloody lucky

Weakened Offender
7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They didn't score any goals and went out, sorry to disappoint. 👍