Disappointed.

busby1985

10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Seriously **** that. We need to do everything we can to try and get something from the game. It’s obviously unlikely we’ll get anything but we have to fight for every point like our lives depended on it. 

Totally agree. Get into them who gives a toss about goal difference. Just go and try and win the game. We moaned about levein being negative then fans make statements like this.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Mr Elwood P

• graygo

• busby1985

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Seriously **** that. We need to do everything we can to try and get something from the game. It’s obviously unlikely we’ll get anything but we have to fight for every point like our lives depended on it. 

This. I reckon we can get a point. We struggle against “industrial” teams. Teams playing football suit us better if that makes sense.

I certainly don’t expect the usual beat before a ball is kicked attitude 

29 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

£1 for every sensible post I post going forward 😂 

It was, didn’t effect Falkirk tho. 

We are through and I am happy. Keeper dropped the ball like 3 times and for the 2nd shot that hit the post, his positioning was outrageously bad. Dikamona was awful but settled after the formation change but to be honest, I think it was more cause Falkirk ran out of steam. Langer and Irving slowed the game down too much and we went backwards or sideways far too often like the Levein days. Langer is obviously new to the game up here but needs to be quicker. We are supposed to play high press attacking football, we’ve only seen that against Rangers. The intensity to our play isn’t there. Was evident for about 30 minutes on Wednesday but the press wasn’t. We are being turned super easy because we are playing a high line with no pressure being applied to the ball. If we play anywhere near that level against Celtic, free scoring Celtic, we will lose very heavily. 

Dreading that Celtic game tbh.

Gordon Ramsay
15 minutes ago, gedster said:

This guy is never a footballer. He's dreadful, truly dreadful whether fully fit or otherwise. He was an absolute stand out as the worst player on the pitch last night by a country mile. Not even good enough for the bench unfortunately

Another Levein stroke of genius. 

Very poor player. 

21 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

This. I reckon we can get a point. We struggle against “industrial” teams. Teams playing football suit us better if that makes sense.

If walker can hit a run of form we’ll start to do better against the smaller sides. Against killie we had plenty of the ball in and around their box in the first 20mins but Naismith seemed off the boil and they seemed to have two guys on Boyce every time he got near the ball. Start like that against wee teams and we’ll start getting early goals and then it’s the opposition who need to rethink their game plan. 

26 minutes ago, graygo said:

Not easy to catch a wet ball in that wind yesterday, did you see the rugby?

Sorry, quoted the wrong post.

Thought that at the other end Mutch dealt with the conditions well and his handling was superb.  Don’t think pereira can use the wind as an excuse.

11 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Not going to lie. Am disappointed that Stendel has changed the formation instead of addressing the real issue, the keeper. We should’ve stayed in the same formation just changed the personnel. Anyone for Joel, Smith for Langer, Walker for Henderson. Our biggest problem under Levein was the constant changing of the message and game plan. Wednesday was a set back but the shape didn’t cost us, individual errors did. We can’t rock up to Celtic Park and play that formation, we were battered pillar to post by a League one side. 

Positives, we are into the next round. Clare continues to impress. Walker looked sharp. Was good to see MacDonald. 

I fear that Henderson is being lined up for the Clare treatment, unless there's another Henderson on the park that I haven't noticed.

The one I see has a good touch, a bit of pace, is strong in possession and gets into good positions in the box. So he missed an opportunity last night, so-what?  he was in the right place and if he continues to progress like this he will be a good player.

Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

Very poor player. 

His performances in the Livi 5-0 game and the first half of last season's Scottish Cup game against them, are among the worst I've witnessed in 40+ years.

Just now, gedster said:

His performances in the Livi 5-0 game and the first half of last season's Scottish Cup game against them, are among the worst I've witnessed in 40+ years.

Who are you talking about?

16 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Very poor player. 

Genius. 

Like signing Hickey and Clare?

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

You missing the point again?

The point is the overwhelming majority of CL’s signings haven’t been good enough. Take a look at the 19 signings he signed in 2018/19 season and see how they are all doing and come back to me. 

We played poor last night end of. None of this using the weather as an excuse, believe it or not falkirk played in the exact same conditions as us. We played poor but we got the result, which is the only thing that matters. Winning ugly and riding our luck might be our only way to survival and everyone one of us would take that right now. Game against celtic is a right off, we've had many  good teams go there and get pumped in the past. IMO i would rest our best players, Boyce, Naismith, Walker, Smith Halkett and so on and focus on the Hamilton game. Maybe disrespectful to those paying to go through but in the long run would make sense.

11 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah the weather played it’s part, no doubting that but Falkirk hit the wood work 3 times and had two great, clear cut chances that better teams would’ve taken. Horrible conditions, horrible park but still disappointed in nearly every aspect of how we played and set up. We won tho, something we probably wouldn’t have a few months back. 

Falkirk hit the woodwork three times after we moved to a back four. Are you suggesting we should have stuck with the back three?

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The point is the overwhelming majority of CL’s signings haven’t been good enough. Take a look at the 19 signings he signed in 2018/19 season and see how they are all doing and come back to me. 

Change the record Rummy and try taking a bit of perspective.

Edited by Spoleto
spelling

3 hours ago, McCrae said:

I think the keeper is part of the problem, we have huge problems at wing back. They can’t defend. We are really missing Hickey. 

I know the weather was atrocious but we play wing backs and they hardly got up the park and behind the full backs. 

We rarely ever make this system work when we play it. (I know we won but looking at the performance it wasn’t really effective) 

Edited by Debut 4

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I know the weather was atrocious but we play wing backs and they hardly got up the park and behind the full backs. 

We’ve rarely ever make this system work when we play it. (I know we won but looking at the performance it wasn’t really effective) 

No it wasn’t. I hope we don’t see any variations of 3 at the back again this season. I also hope Hickey is back and he puts smith into a back 4 because it’s the only time we look solid. 

Edited by GinRummy

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

In the back of our minds we know the old problems still exist but we need to keep looking forward. 

Stendel has what he has to play with. As I’ve said loads of times it’s a difficult situation for him. We’ve undoubtedly improved our play but he’s having to overhaul everything mid season with a bottom table side. 

I still think some of our more experienced players need to start carrying this team to safety but it’s up to Stendel to fit them in.  I include Walker and Washington in that. It’s been lukewarm from them but they need handed the responsibility. 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

In the back of our minds we know the old problems still exist but we need to keep looking forward. 

Stendel has what he has to play with. As I’ve said loads of times it’s a difficult situation for him. We’ve undoubtedly improved our play but he’s having to overhaul everything mid season with a bottom table side. 

I still think some of our more experienced players need to start carrying this team to safety but it’s up to Stendel to fit them in.  I include Walker and Washington in that. It’s been lukewarm from them but they need handed the responsibility. 

What will cover up at least some of our frailties is scoring first. We often start well and an early goal means other teams need to adapt and not us. I think guys like Washington and walker carry a bit more threat up front so aye they’d help. 

9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

We rarely ever make this system work when we play it. (I know we won but looking at the performance it wasn’t really effective) 

Garuccio was driving me mad yesterday.  He was like a statue, almost no movement. When Dikamona came forward with the ball he just stood still and got in the way, rather than move and create space. He looked incredibly weak and was easy pushed off the ball. Almost all if not all of the Falkirk danger came from his side. He just can’t defend.

3 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

We played poor last night end of. None of this using the weather as an excuse, believe it or not falkirk played in the exact same conditions as us. We played poor but we got the result, which is the only thing that matters. Winning ugly and riding our luck might be our only way to survival and everyone one of us would take that right now. Game against celtic is a right off, we've had many  good teams go there and get pumped in the past. IMO i would rest our best players, Boyce, Naismith, Walker, Smith Halkett and so on and focus on the Hamilton game. Maybe disrespectful to those paying to go through but in the long run would make sense.

You are 100% correct, the weather was not an excuse...it was the reason acceptable football was not on display, 45mph gusts FFS!

I'm assuming no one on this forum has ever experienced playing in an amber weather warning condition. If my assumption is correct, your post holds no water (pardon the pun)

I salute both the players and the fans for their endeavours last night, fantastic result.

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Garuccio was driving me mad yesterday.  He was like a statue, almost no movement. When Dikamona came forward with the ball he just stood still and got in the way, rather than move and create space. He looked incredibly weak and was easy pushed off the ball. Almost all if not all of the Falkirk danger came from his side. He just can’t defend.

Yip. He looked nervy and tippy tappy on the ball. Didn’t deal with the conditions very well. 

22 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

You are 100% correct, the weather was not an excuse...it was the reason acceptable football was not on display, 45mph gusts FFS!

I'm assuming no one on this forum has ever experienced playing in an amber weather warning condition. If my assumption is correct, your post holds no water (pardon the pun)

I salute both the players and the fans for their endeavours last night, fantastic result.

There is no doubt it was difficult, but Falkirk were playing in the same conditions and managed to create better chances.

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, Mr 3 Putt said:

There is no doubt it was difficult, but Falkirk were playing in the same conditions and managed to create better chances.

Crap conditions or not it was a poor performance. 

Play like that on Wednesday and Celtic will take at least 5 off us. 

59 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I fear that Henderson is being lined up for the Clare treatment, unless there's another Henderson on the park that I haven't noticed.

The one I see has a good touch, a bit of pace, is strong in possession and gets into good positions in the box. So he missed an opportunity last night, so-what?  he was in the right place and if he continues to progress like this he will be a good player.

He will be a good player and I am delighted to have seen him given a chance. He was needed due to injuries etc but now Walker is fit as is Washington and we have Donis etc. I don’t want Henderson to burn out either. My point is simply, he has done well and seen us through till Walker got back, now id like more experience in there I.e walker. 

1 hour ago, Getintaethem said:

Thought that at the other end Mutch dealt with the conditions well and his handling was superb.  Don’t think pereira can use the wind as an excuse.

He did to be fair to him but not sure that means Pereira can't use the wind as an excuse. 

8 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Crap conditions or not it was a poor performance. 

Play like that on Wednesday and Celtic will take at least 5 off us. 

Exactly.

Scottie Wanshot.
12 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Not going to lie. Am disappointed that Stendel has changed the formation instead of addressing the real issue, the keeper. We should’ve stayed in the same formation just changed the personnel. Anyone for Joel, Smith for Langer, Walker for Henderson. Our biggest problem under Levein was the constant changing of the message and game plan. Wednesday was a set back but the shape didn’t cost us, individual errors did. We can’t rock up to Celtic Park and play that formation, we were battered pillar to post by a League one side. 

Positives, we are into the next round. Clare continues to impress. Walker looked sharp. Was good to see MacDonald. 

We had 1 goal penalty, other than that 1 half shot at goal, Falkirk could have won it 4 - 1 if they took there chances. Lucky for us Pereira never had a save, BUT HE DROPPED AND FLAPPED EVERY CROSS. hope he isn't in goal against Celtic.

Just now, iantjambo said:

Even Dikamona is decent enough as a backup at this level. 
Yes, he was honking in the first half but that was due to the role he was asked to play. When we moved to a back 4 he was fine.

I've been wanting a three at the back system for some time now as it gives the wingbacks a wee bit more freedom to get further forward in the knowledge that there's an extra man man in there to cover gaps left behind. I was happy to see Dikamona getting a full match in. I was less happy that he was once again used on the wrong side of the pitch. Dikamona is predominantly right-sided and watching the game last night I was worried incase he made mistakes and it almost cost us. Him, like any other players need game-time regularly to be match-fit. Different from general fitness. Dikamona needs to be over on the right side of the pitch where he'll gain more confidence. You could see he was uncomfortable with what he was asked to do and tried almost every time to get the ball onto his right foot. He was also a bit over-cautious but it' was understandable. We got away with it this time but against better opposition we may not.  

MarkDevriesScores4

We definitely rode our luck but to be honest, we’ve had tonnes of bad luck over the last year, we were due a bit back

Another quarter final is all that matters

HHGH

13 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

We had 1 goal penalty, other than that 1 half shot at goal, Falkirk could have won it 4 - 1 if they took there chances. Lucky for us Pereira never had a save, BUT HE DROPPED AND FLAPPED EVERY CROSS. hope he isn't in goal against Celtic.

We had 6 shots and 5 were on target. Yet you think Falkirk could have won 4-1 with 0 shots on target?

Edited by OmiyaHearts

I've seen better Hearts teams lose to worse opposition over the years.  We look ropey for spells, but eventually saw the game out comfortably.  Lapses in concentration being our main weakness.  

I was a bit suprised at the change in formation, but thought it was good to see DS is practical, and open to trying things.  The pundits (Kerr? And McCann) seemed to both question Stendel's attacking approach since coming in, one said along the lines of 'it's fine to try to play attacking but you have to get defensive foundations in place'.  Well, he has tried to shore up the defense and ultimately we've got the win.

39 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Falkirk, failed at home on their plastic pitch to bury any of said chances. My team, is in the Scottish Cup Quarter Final Draw...:yas:

Scottie Wanshot.
22 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We had 6 shots and 5 were on target. Yet you think Falkirk could have won 4-1 with 0 shots on target?

you drunk last night, or just blind 

11 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Falkirk, failed at home on their plastic pitch to bury any of said chances. My team, is in the Scottish Cup Quarter Final Draw...:yas:

Which is pretty much what i said, win ugly and ride our luck...

Just now, Scottie Wanshot. said:

you drunk last night, or just blind 

The woodwork is not the target, the hole in the middle is, we managed to find it last night. Falkirk failed to take advantage of being at home, on their plastic and against a team obviously in transition.

13 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I'm pretty annoyed too. 

Pereira, he's a shite keeper. This isn't a blip, where standing by him improves his confidence. He's shite. He's been found out. His shiteness plus now lack of confidence is going to cost us even more points now. 

Bobby has to get a chance. I realise I'm comparing varying degrees of shite but at the most basic level if you cannot stop the ball going in the net you are not a goal keeper. 

I genuinely fear that Pereira is going to relegate us. All the good work of Boyce and Naismith is being undone by the total shitehawk. Missplaced loyalty cost Levein big time. It would be bad if DS fell down that hole too. 

13 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We were battered by the conditions more than we were Falkirk to be honest.

We have never played well in bad weather.

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Are you kidding on? Falkirk could have taken 4 goals off us last night. Celtic will score anything between 3-10 goals on Wednesday night.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Are you kidding on? Falkirk could have taken 4 goals off us last night. Celtic will score anything between 3-10 goals on Wednesday night.

Levein would've kept it between 3 and 5 though, eh. :)

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Levein would've kept it between 3 and 5 though, eh. :)

Celtic winning 2-1 or 3-1 was the recurring score line ... with a couple of 5-0 pummelling for a bit of variety.