McInnes

LeftBack

Anyone else heard rumours McInnes is leaving Aberdeen? Someone close to club said he is on very thin ice and new owner wants someone in asap with money to spend in summer. 

Aberdeen fans are wanting him out and have done for some time. 6 games now with no goals from open play ?

thing is the sheep still have this weird train of thought they should be competing with the uglies.  They need to realise it’s not 1983 anymore.

hope he stays as he really is shite now. 

Thought Police

I’m no fan of his, but he turned down two big jobs to stay at Aberdeen. First sign of trouble (if you can call it that) and the fans have turned on him.

Not very classy from the sheep

Thing is. He is shite. He plays eye bleeding football but he's been consistant. Aberdeen may well become better to watch for their supporters if they get a different Manager with a new style but they won't compete at the level McInnes has had them at. 

Would 100% take at Hearts

Can say what you like but he has had Aberdeen consistently 2nd or 3rd in the table, cup record not amazing but still the odd semi and final here and there.

When Aberdeen play the bottom 6 duds at home its pretty much a given they will win, something we are miles from at the moment.

McIness has took Aberdeen as far as they can go as a club, thats the reality their fans struggle to come to terms with, the grass isn’t greener for them

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

The sheep live in the Fergie era think they are this huge club who should be competing winning cups being the 3rd force when they aren’t even the 3rd force in Scotland. They finished 2nd cos no rangers hearts were poor they always bottle it or lie down to Celtic. I hope Mciness doesnt go Aberdeen sink down that league. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Rangers job once Gerrard gets the boot in May for another trophy-less season

He refused to take a PAY CUT last time, can’t see them offering it to him again 😆

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

hes a succesful Levein

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Basically. Craig Levein 18-19 years ago. 

Abso****ingloutely

Aberdeen fans should get a reality check if they want McInnes away

he has been very consistent over a period of time and will not be

short of job offers down south there supporters always come across as

unappreciative

They haven't scored In open play since December. Last 2 goals were free kick against us and penalty against Dunbarton. On a very good contract tho as was increased after he turned down sevco

No firm views on the guy either way. Seems to have hit a wall up there which is good. On the other hand, always feels he bums up Hearts supporters and Tynie at every opportunity, so perhaps he’s a decent sort. I dunno. To be honest,  I only ever read these threads to marvel at the amount of punters who struggle to spell the name McInnes 🤣

4 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

unappreciative

He has been shit.   If he was with us, I’d want him away too. 

Amazed at some of the actual rockets on this board, Derek McInness is a brilliant manager with a excellent pedigree for brilliant signings which has been proven by his top 2/3 finishes for the past 6/7 years. Woulda taken him at Hearts in a heartbeat before DS and honestly I would probably take him now if compensation orders weren’t so hefty. 
Best manager in the league in my opinion

I think Mcinnes is doing a good job too though reminds me of the levein situation last season. Non Jambo's couldn't understand why i wanted levein out as we had a decent league position and squad, when i was moaning about style of play and poor form

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think Mcinnes is doing a good job too though reminds me of the levein situation last season. Non Jambo's couldn't understand why i wanted levein out as we had a decent league position and squad, when i was moaning about style of play and poor form

Don’t think anyone truly understands any team other than their own tbh. I have a Rangers mate who is always talking up Hearts and reckons we’ll be comfortably safe, he’s even said top 6 is still within reach. Any of us could tell him he’s wrong. 

So on that note, Aberdeen can get rid if they like but ultimately I can’t see anyone who would be attracted to the job that would have that club at the same levels they’ve been accustomed to over the last 5 years or so

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, red said:

Amazed at some of the actual rockets on this board, Derek McInness is a brilliant manager with a excellent pedigree for brilliant signings which has been proven by his top 2/3 finishes for the past 6/7 years. Woulda taken him at Hearts in a heartbeat before DS and honestly I would probably take him now if compensation orders weren’t so hefty. 
Best manager in the league in my opinion

Christ no thanks .. he’s a more effective levein.. they play terrible football.. like the levein, the problem with that is when the results stop there is nothing to fall back on.. 

He’s a bit of a shithouse, but apparently Kilmarnock have beaten Aberdeen once in their last 29 games (if I heard right on Sportscene). Compare that with our record against Killie...

Think he's done a really good job there but they probably peaked around 2015 through to 2018 and are starting to slow. As for transfers - mixed bag if I'm being kind. Made some good signings in his early years there but the list of players he's signed in the last 3/4 years must be grim reading for Aberdeen fans.

Henrysmithstaxi

Oh and seems the owner might have started buying players McInnes doesn’t want. Didn’t they sign a Venezuelan RB or something in Jan?

Ainsley Harriott

Would happily take his record of league finishing places over the last 5 years. Calling him shite when we are bottom is a bit ironic.

Ricardo Shillyshally

It's a bit like us with Neilson. Reasonably "successful" but if you're not going forwards, you're going backwards.

We all want to be progressing from whatever level we are at.

Other than that most Dons fans a delusion simpletons that can't accept the SAF years were the exception, not the rule

2 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

No firm views on the guy either way. Seems to have hit a wall up there which is good. On the other hand, always feels he bums up Hearts supporters and Tynie at every opportunity, so perhaps he’s a decent sort. I dunno. To be honest,  I only ever read these threads to marvel at the amount of punters who struggle to spell the name McInnes 🤣

do you mean like Macinnes, McCinnes or Mcines? 😂

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Paolo said:

He has been shit.   If he was with us, I’d want him away too. 

Correct.

Nothing wrong with a bit of ambition.

7 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

unappreciative

Did Aberdeen not sack Alex Smith after he got them 2nd ?

He's improved Aberdire a lot but either they can't improve any more or he can't take them any further.

There is something odd going on with this new stadium nonsense.

7 hours ago, Henrysmithstaxi said:

Oh and seems the owner might have started buying players McInnes doesn’t want. Didn’t they sign a Venezuelan RB or something in Jan?

I read a thing a few days ago that pointed out it was the first non British Isles player they’ve had in a very long time, possibly the first since McInnes took over. If I was the chairman of a club I’d be cautious about him becoming my manager as despite being a manager for a long time he has little to no experience of foreign players. Quite a big skill gap in modern football. 

17 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Rangers job once Gerrard gets the boot in May for another trophy-less season

He probably has a good chance. Who really wants that Rangers job next season? Does anyone want to be the Hun manager when Celtic win ten in a row. 

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

He probably has a good chance. Who really wants that Rangers job next season? Does anyone want to be the Hun manager when Celtic win ten in a row. 

So you aren't putting money on us winning SPL next year? 

2 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

So you aren't putting money on us winning SPL next year? 

As long as we're in the Premierhsip next year, I'll be a happy man.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, kirkierobroy said:

He's improved Aberdire a lot but either they can't improve any more or he can't take them any further.

There is something odd going on with this new stadium nonsense.

Stadium is pie in the sky imo.. £50m is conservative..

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He's driving people away. In and out. 

Blames everyone but himself. 9600 yesterday. 

Feeling is very similar to the one we had with Levein. 

Cosgroves saved them from far worse. 

Lost his form so have they. His interview this weekend is a control freak losing control 

9 hours ago, stotty said:

He's been pretty successful for them, surprised the fans don't seem to like him. 

Aberdeen fans are still in a time warp re the fergie era they’ve never got over nor accept the fact they had a purple patch in the mid 80s early 90s and that was it but more to do with the man than the team as fast forward a couple decades and history has repeated its self with Man.U.... the current Aberdeen team and set up is the best they’ve had in the past 10years and they still aren’t happy plus they just don’t get the support either catchment area north of Aberdeen should all be dons fans but they ain’t Peterhead/Fraserburgh is all old firm go up the coast further Inverness, Dingwall you’ve got that teams though the support they get is poor. But there’s an underlying feeling he’s a Rangers man and that’s back to the time warp.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Angel eyes said:

Aberdeen fans are still in a time warp re the fergie era they’ve never got over nor accept the fact they had a purple patch in the mid 80s early 90s and that was it but more to do with the man than the team as fast forward a couple decades and history has repeated its self with Man.U.... the current Aberdeen team and set up is the best they’ve had in the past 10years and they still aren’t happy plus they just don’t get the support either catchment area north of Aberdeen should all be dons fans but they ain’t Peterhead/Fraserburgh is all old firm go up the coast further Inverness, Dingwall you’ve got that teams though the support they get is poor. But there’s an underlying feeling he’s a Rangers man and that’s back to the time warp.

My Aberdeen mate says it's more about his record v us, hibs, rangers and celtic. 

He's consistent at beat the shite but they want better performances and results v the "big" sides. 

The feeling is that he's too negative in the "bigger" games and the feeling is that the football is pretty turgid. 

The_razors_edge
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My Aberdeen mate says it's more about his record v us, hibs, rangers and celtic. 

He's consistent at beat the shite but they want better performances and results v the "big" sides. 

The feeling is that he's too negative in the "bigger" games and the feeling is that the football is pretty turgid. 

As we all saw against them at the end of December there’s absolutely no doubt they’re ‘turgid’. My mate who watches them regularly says they’re absolutely awful to watch most weeks. 

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah there’s a bit of that too it’s been grim watching them.

• redm changed the title to McInnes