• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovecraft

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bull's-eye

• Suso Santana

Pretty solid from what I saw. He has quick feet 

the good thing is that you can see clearly that he isn’t match fit.

Needs work on his fitness so that means he should improve when that happens

He doesn’t shirk a tackle as well and we were a bit lightweight in the DM position 

Hopefully and it is early days but he can get his fitness right and drive the play forward 

That’s what we brought him into do 

Was surprised to see a thread about him as he was neither great or poor.

Looks like he can play a bit with decent attitude but hard to tell either way yet about whether he'll be a first pick longer term.

28 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Wrong answer, this is kickback.

Shite or brilliant. 

No inbetween.

I can say with no uncertain terms that you're shite. 

soz not soz

Edited by Suso Santana

2 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

I can say with no uncertain terms that you're shite. 

🤣

Bed time son. Trot off. 

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

🤣

Bed time son. Trot off. 

Nut, it's no often we hear from you, i'm staying up to see what other mince you come out with. 

Didn’t think much of him tbh. Poor first half but improved when Walker came on.

His style doesn’t suggest he is the type of midfielder we are crying out for, i.e. energetic creative midfielder. I think Ryan Edwards despite his failings as a footballer could’ve been the right type for us.

HamishMcGonagall

First couple of games - looks like a Perry kitchen with hair but without the pointing n motionining for players to slow down the game down.

I know that's a ridiculous statement n expect/hope him to come good.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
34 minutes ago, sadj said:

You get back on the bloody fence....He was very solid and very tidy on the ball. Was impressed with him. 

PS - line up is out for May ill send ya it tomorrow. 

Whatever floats your boat  :lol:

Looks as if he is running for the bog with a stiff shit. Hes no Tommy Gronlund let alone a Robert Tomaschek 

GorgieFifeLife

He hasn't shown up well so far but our midfield in general is terrible. Irving doesnt seem to know what to do with it and continually gets caught in possession. Really missing a creative player in there.

N Lincs Jambo

Too difficult to tell from TV coverage due to amount of water on the main camera lens plus the horrendous conditions not exactly helping proper football players to play. 

Hopefully he will plug the gap left by Haring

16 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Haven’t really noticed him in the 2 games he’s played.

That’s the point.  He quietly gets on with the task in hand.  

There were spells in the game we kept possession well and he was involved in a lot of that.  An excellently weighted ball in the first half nearly had us through on goal, but Washington had strayed offside.  Would like to see more defensive work from him, looks like it may take a few games for him to fully settle in.  Decent so far, but hasn’t made the impact that Boyce and Sibbick have.

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Looks a bit meh to me

He always looks abit lost. Easy to play it simple, that was what hurt us first half, let's see how he does in the bigger matches like Wednesday. Damour's been panned on here, but he had a good game v Celtic last time. Jury is very much out, I mean we got him for the German 3rd Division 

3 hours ago, south morocco said:

. The conditions were terrible which is a consideration 

something that escapes many roasters on quite a few threads 

Add in the fact he is just here and probably trained with a new squad for a week or so, as well as getting sorted moving here. All facts that some don’t compute into their damning analysis.

Dont know if said people watched the rugby today (or even went out their front door) but the rugby was a shambles and lottery with the weather . Great players at Murrayfield couldnt shine

Edited by 1971fozzy

He really reminds me of Perry Kitchen. He'll turn up week in and week out & do nothing wrong. But he'll offer absolutely nothing special either at the back or going forward

been here before

Never noticed him until the 2nd half at the game v Killie last week and as I couldnt make the game last night I only noticed him on the telly last night when the commentator called him Stendal.

Not necassarly a bad thing not to get noticed. Quiet German efficiency. Six months and we'll know.

Edited by been here before

Needs to get up to pace but looks like a clever player, can ping a pass, and gets stuck in. Could be a player when he's fully fit and playing with some confidence.

On the other hand this could be him fully fit in which case....... 

Edited by Batistuta87

Guest ToqueJambo

Thought he was quite tidy. Often picked the right pass. Doesn't seem to offer much going forward but if he settles in and gets fitter he looks like he could potentially play a similar role to Gomis in the Championship team - patrolling the midfield to break things up and pass the ball to players who can make things happen.

Jambof3tornado
On 08/02/2020 at 23:11, HamishMcGonagall said:

First couple of games - looks like a Perry kitchen with hair but without the pointing n motionining for players to slow down the game down.

I know that's a ridiculous statement n expect/hope him to come good.

Cant look like perry coz Marcel plays a forward pass.

On 08/02/2020 at 23:04, Jeremy Goss said:

Didn’t think much of him tbh. Poor first half but improved when Walker came on.

His style doesn’t suggest he is the type of midfielder we are crying out for, i.e. energetic creative midfielder. I think Ryan Edwards despite his failings as a footballer could’ve been the right type for us.

no chance. Edwards has the touch of an elephant.

Austin MacGlee

Needs more games as looked a bit off the pace but looked nice and composed to me. Think he'll do really well if he kicks on.

He looks like a safe player, will probably end up back up to Sibbick

I know he's apparently a comfortable fullback so maybe he's more adventurous in there? 

On 08/02/2020 at 21:20, JJ93 said:

To be honest I didn't really notice him but that may have been down to the rain all over the bloody cameras!

On 08/02/2020 at 22:15, JamboAl said:

Was he playing?  Watching the game the commentator seemed to be calling him Stendel.

On the player himself I thought he did very little (right or wrong).

Time will tell but we need players to shape up now.

Sometimes not noticing a player is a good thing. If only we could 'not notice' our goalie a bit more often.

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Sometimes not noticing a player is a good thing. If only we could 'not notice' our goalie a bit more often.

That's pretty much what I was meaning.

Obviously don't take this as a direct comparison, but Makelele said if you don't notice him during a game, he is having a good game.

I think Langer is there to protect the defence a bit, get the ball back back and move it forward to creative players as quickly as possible.

I don't get the impression he is there to make bursting runs through the middle.  Although he did play a good through ball for Washington that nearly had him through on goal.

It's also his second game in a foreign league.

I thought he looked very decent on the ball, had a bit of a dig/fight about him, and from what I remembered, hardly gave the ball away.

On 08/02/2020 at 22:15, JamboAl said:

Was he playing?  Watching the game the commentator seemed to be calling him Stendel.

On the player himself I thought he did very little (right or wrong).

Time will tell but we need players to shape up now.

😆😆😆... that's right! I noticed that also. Quality coverage from the BBC yet again... not that you could see most of the game through their camera lenses. Pathetic!

Anyway, back to topic, I think Langer looks good. Very rarely takes a second touch... everything is first time with him. i think he'll get better with time. Very slick.

On 08/02/2020 at 21:17, merrymac said:

Absolutely

think he will grow into it with confidence.

Wisely keeping it simple but takes up good positions and simple passes that go to a team mate.

Sounds a bit like Boz, Whelan, Damour etc

Langer looks like a Levein signing. Good passing stats but not much else - and another who needs to get up to speed/get match fit/get used to the Scottish game. 

Bit meh so far 🤷‍♂️

Tokyo Drifter
On 08/02/2020 at 21:19, Lovecraft said:

Could be the player in Haring's absence to let Irving play and get more time on the ball.

Yeah he's Haring-esque, I'd say. Couldn't figure out why he was hooked v Killie but maybe he was knackered. Probably hasn't played  for a while.

When's Sibbick back? He was sorely missed last week.

6 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Yeah he's Haring-esque, I'd say. Couldn't figure out why he was hooked v Killie but maybe he was knackered. Probably hasn't played  for a while.

He said he hadn't been playing since December.

On 09/02/2020 at 02:35, Madjambo21 said:

Didn't see anything Bozanic couldn't do.

Hope he is not a waste of a Jersey 

He can pass the ball 5 yards with BOTH feet which is more than can be said for Bozanic.

Langer will become a very good player for us, just needs time to build partnerships in the middle of the park, his off the ball movement is very good and always looking to be in space to take the ball, just need the other midfielders to realise this and use him when they need to. Very much like a Gomis when we were in the Championship, simple but effective and always available as an out when a forward pass isn't on.

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

He can pass the ball 5 yards with BOTH feet which is more than can be said for Bozanic.

Langer will become a very good player for us, just needs time to build partnerships in the middle of the park, his off the ball movement is very good and always looking to be in space to take the ball, just need the other midfielders to realise this and use him when they need to. Very much like a Gomis when we were in the Championship, simple but effective and always available as an out when a forward pass isn't on.

Pretty much how I seen it.

He never seemed to panic either.

If he plays on Wednesday, I guess we should have a better idea.

24 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

This was from the EEN on Saturday.

Sibbick is unwell and has been confined to his bed since Tuesday, Hickey is still recovering from a groin issue, while Avdijaj has an ankle injury and is resting.

I don't think that was the game to judge him. New teammates, lower division team playing quute a physical game, cup tie, dodgy surface and hideous weather. The words 'Culture Shock' probably don't quite cover it for Herr Langer.

Players from more technical leagues need several games to adjust to the pace of the Scottish game. Judge Langer after 5 or 6 games, you'll know what he has in his locker by then.

Hard to say what he'll be like. I actually forgot he was playing until the second half when I heard his name but the soggy camera shots made it very difficult to watch him play. What bothers me is that over the last few years we've been inundated with defensive midfielders, far too many and most not any better than the other. We desperately needed to bring in a central defender during the window and here we are yet again bringing in defensive midfielders. Bozanic for example has improved since Stendel came in. Irving can play there and we've got Damour on a four-year contract. Whether he stays or not he'll be on a very decent wage and should be one of the players that's coached the hell out of and getting games. Waste of another wage otherwise. Smith can play in there but said for long enough he should be staying at right back. A lot of the goals we've lost lately have come from that area of the park yet folk still want to see Clare there. He's a midfielder, not a right-back and is much more productive getting forward. It's not too much to expect a recognised right-back playing that position. Less for Clare to worry about behind him as well with the big gaps that are there every time he gets forward. Signing Langer was never a priority position, a goalie, defender and striker were but we have to hope he'll be better than some we've signed over the last few years.

Sibbick can also play in there, in fact, he was excellent against Rangers in there and not great when he went back to left back. Hopefully not another square peg in round holes situation is about to happen....again!

Edited by jambonian