Has there been a bigger GIRFUY moment in football than your rivals holding a relegation party at your ground, getting beat and then getting relegated themselves?

Craigieboy

24 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

You said since 1902 was our biggest bragging right. It wasn't.

You're right.

Second biggest. 

gorgie rd eh11
1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

You're right.

Second biggest. 

More trophies, more derby wins, more derby wins at their place, 2 cup finals 2 trophies, 5-1...

Aye second biggest :turned:

willie wallace

We were talking about the Hamilton play  off game the other day.

I was reluctant to go to the pub to watch it as I thought the Accies had no chance.

Ended up going and had one of the best days ever watching a game Hearts were not involved in(or even lot of games we were involved in to be honest😄)

"Jason is a Jambo"  chants ringing around the boozer at the end.

Brilliant day.

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

THEM? Who?

"Since 1902" was probably our biggest bragging right. Anyway .... 

It isn't hard working out who 'THEM' is on this thread but if you need help here goes - Hibs fans / interlopers / miserable pessimistic Hearts fans / trolls / general all round nobs who think that drawing a cup tie is anywhere near revenge on being relegated and staying down 3 seasons after partying and celebrating you rivals relegation. Think you must tick at least 2 or 3 of those boxes.

Your first post about Hibs revenge was absolute garbage and your 'Since 1902' comment is even bigger garbage. It wouldn't even make most Hearts fans top ten list of bragging rights against Hibs. 

We have a list a mile long from our own achievements against Hibs without having to bring up their multiple embarrassing failings.  

3 hours ago, Uche said:

Not to put a dampener on things but we really really really need to get our own house in order before threads like this. 

Bitterness 

1 minute ago, Pistol1874 said:

A scene repeated in many a Jambo living room?

“Dry yer eyes” whilst waving his handkerchief at the screen 😂

Hibs Relegation Party.

Date: 30th March 2014.

Venue: Tynecastle.

Significance: Hibs winning this derby will relegate Hearts to the Championship.

Hibs are sitting in 7th place in the league, on 34 points.

Hearts are in 12th place on 6 points, having started the season on -15 due to being in administration.

Result: Hearts win 2-0.

The final league game results for the Hibs are as follows:

7th April: Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen (Hibs still 7th)

19th April: St Mirren 2-0 Hibs (Hibs still 7th)

27th April: Hibs 1-2 Hearts (Hibs slip into 8th place)

3rd May: Hibs 1-1 Partick Thistle (Hibs still 8th)

6th May: Ross County 1-0 Hibs (Hibs tumble into 11th place)

10th May: Hibs 0-1 Kilmarnock (Hibs end the season in 11th place on 35 points and have to play in the playoff final)

Hearts, meanwhile, have recorded 4 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat and end the season on 23 points. 

Without the points deduction Hearts would have ended up in 11th place on 38 points and Hibs would have been automatically relegated. 

Moral victory to the Jambos.

The Playoffs:

Hibs travel away to Hamilton Academical for the first leg of the play-off final and win 2-0, with a goal in each half.

The two goals were Hib's only shots on target.

In the second leg

Hamilton score in the 13th minute and Hibs start to panic.

Hamilton equalise in the 94th minute of regulation time, 10 seconds from the end of injury time.

Extra time passes with both teams utterly knackered and penalties is almost inevitable.

Kevin Thomson misses the first penalty for Hibs.

Hamilton score every one of their four spot kicks.

Hibs manage to reply each time until Jason Cummings, who had scored both of Hib's goals in the tie, misses his penalty and Hibs are relegated.

Hearts go on to set a new Championship points total and be automatically promoted back to the Premiership the very next season.

It will take Hibs three years to regain their top flight status.

Year 1: Finish in 2nd place behind Hearts but above The Rangers. Hibs are beaten by The Rangers in the playoff semi-final. 

Year 2: Finish in 3rd place behind The Rangers and Falkirk. Hibs beat Raith Rovers in the playoff quarter-final then lose to Falkirk in the playoff semi-final.

Year 3: Finish in 1st place and finally get promoted.

:greggy:

Edited by Cade

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, Cade said:

Hibs Relegation Party.

Date: 30th March 2014.

Venue: Tynecastle.

Significance: Hibs winning this derby will relegate Hearts to the Championship.

Hibs are sitting in 7th place in the league, on 34 points.

Hearts are in 12th place on 6 points, having started the season on -15 due to being in administration.

Result: Hearts win 2-0.

The final league game results for the Hibs are as follows:

7th April: Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen (Hibs still 7th)

19th April: St Mirren 2-0 Hibs (Hibs still 7th)

27th April: Hibs 1-2 Hearts (Hibs slip into 8th place)

3rd May: Hibs 1-1 Partick Thistle (Hibs still 8th)

6th May: Ross County 1-0 Hibs (Hibs tumble into 11th place)

10th May: Hibs 0-1 Kilmarnock (Hibs end the season in 11th place on 35 points and have to play in the playoff final)

Hearts, meanwhile, have recorded 4 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat and end the season on 23 points. 

Without the points deduction Hearts would have ended up in 11th place on 38 points and Hibs would have been automatically relegated. 

Moral victory to the Jambos.

The Playoffs:

Hibs travel away to Hamilton Academical for the first leg of the play-off final and win 2-0, with a goal in each half.

The two goals were Hib's only shots on target and Hamilton had dominated most of the game.

In the second leg, Hibs seem set up to try and contain Hamilton and hit them on the break as this had worked in the first leg.

Hamilton score in the 13th minute and Hibs promptly park the bus for the rest of the game, playing to hold out.

Hamilton equalise in the 94th minute of regulation time, 10 seconds from the end of injury time.

Extra time passes with both teams utterly knackered and penalties is almost inevitable.

Kevin Thomson misses the first penalty for Hibs.

Hamilton score every one of their four spot kicks.

Hibs manage to reply each time until Jason Cummings, who had scored both of Hib's goals in the tie, misses his penalty and Hibs are relegated.

Hearts go on to set a new Championship points total and be automatically promoted back to the Premiership the very next season.

It will take Hibs three years to regain their top flight status.

Year 1: Finish in 2nd place behind Hearts but above The Rangers. Hibs are beaten by The Rangers in the playoff semi-final. 

Year 2: Finish in 3rd place behind The Rangers and Falkirk. Hibs beat Raith Rovers in the playoff quarter-final then lose to Falkirk in the playoff semi-final.

Year 3: Finish in 1st place and finally get promoted.

:greggy:

A Hearts team full of youth players with a transfer ban beat THEM 3 times in the league and knocked them out the league cup. If it wasn't for a pretty dubious penalty we would have been unbeaten by Hibs that season.

I remember how ecstatic their fans were when Terry Butcher was appointed manager.  Pictures of Butcher bleeding green all over social media.

If the relegation derby wasn't humiliating enough when Carrick and King scored, the 2nd relegation derby when Paterson scored twice smashed them right into the relegation mix. 

Hibs season of 2013/14 was without doubt the biggest collapse ever seen in Scottish football the term 'Hibsed it' didn't come from nowhere! 

11 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

I mean honestly? Has there been?

They actually hold a relegation party at your place. They get beat that day. Then beaten again a few weeks later. Then take a 2 goal lead into a play off 2nd leg. **** it up and get relegated on penalties, one penalty missed by a Hearts fan. 

😂😂😂😂😂

To compound all that, they then lag behind the league champions the next season, miss out on the play offs and stay down for  3 years. 😂

Here’s to Hibernian. I salute you. 

F88EE85C-B86E-4EDF-9895-AA1AB70898E6.jpeg

4C691BF0-AFA4-4469-86E3-F6921AF3EA87.jpeg

2B6612BA-2788-4487-A264-98F52F6BEAA6.png

4FD6EDCA-85E1-4B68-90B3-44C392E42275.jpeg

Superb post.  :rofl::rofl:

Ironically they've got an on this day thread on .Ron.  it's about getting a draw at Tynecastle.  Poor timing.  On this day as posted earlier, their masters won the Scottish Cup in 1891 and beat them 9-1 in an earlier round.

It should have been 20.

14 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

They actually hold a relegation party at your place. They get beat that day. Then beaten again a few weeks later. Then take a 2 goal lead into a play off 2nd leg. **** it up and get relegated on penalties, one penalty missed by a Hearts fan. 

😂😂😂😂😂

To compound all that, they then lag behind the league champions the next season, miss out on the play offs and stay down for  3 years. 😂

To be fair to them, the flier was very successful. There were lots of green balloons there.

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Ironically they've got an on this day thread on .Ron.  it's about getting a draw at Tynecastle.  Poor timing.  On this day as posted earlier, their masters won the Scottish Cup in 1891 and beat them 9-1 in an earlier round.

It should have been 20.

Doh!!! My sincere apologies.  It wasn't us who beat them 9-1, it was Dumbarton.

Even better in a way.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
18 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

It isn't hard working out who 'THEM' is on this thread but if you need help here goes - Hibs fans / interlopers / miserable pessimistic Hearts fans / trolls / general all round nobs who think that drawing a cup tie is anywhere near revenge on being relegated and staying down 3 seasons after partying and celebrating you rivals relegation. Think you must tick at least 2 or 3 of those boxes.

Your first post about Hibs revenge was absolute garbage and your 'Since 1902' comment is even bigger garbage. It wouldn't even make most Hearts fans top ten list of bragging rights against Hibs. 

We have a list a mile long from our own achievements against Hibs without having to bring up their multiple embarrassing failings.  

yeah hibs winning the Scottish cup was no big deal - barely hit the headlines

probably because it was so over-shadowed by the fact they were still in the championship - totally ruined it for them

:lion:

1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

probably because it was so over-shadowed by the fact they were still in the championship - totally ruined it for them

It was more over shadowed by their fun filled friends getting a little bit of loopy juice in them tearing down goal posts, eating grass and pongo sticking it in front of The Rangers support.

At least their sisters got a good nights sleep for once.

And as per my thread through the week the guy that sends them down is the guy who's career they tried to ruin by having the panel of hibees deny his work permit as he had pumped them out the cup a few weeks prior. 

Beautiful poetry. 

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

What are you on about? I never said anything like that at all. Where did I say their cup win wasn't a big deal? Where did I say them being in the Championship overshadowed or ruined it for them?  

If you even took the time to read my post what I said was in bragging rights between the clubs 'since 1902' is hardly a Hearts bragging right it was more a Hibs failing. Beating Hibs in multiple derby games and getting one over on them on countless occasions is more a bragging right than them not achieving.

We were having a laugh at what must rate as the biggest collapse in Scottish football history and as er usual the most miserable of Hearts fans have to come in and piss all over the thread as per usual.

FTH  

sanderson1874

Does anyone have the video of the guy being consoled by his missus!! I’m sure when it first surfaced, I recognised the guy but for the life of me, can’t mind who it was!

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

What are you on about? I never said anything like that at all. Where did I say their cup win wasn't a big deal? Where did I say them being in the Championship overshadowed or ruined it for them?  

If you even took the time to read my post what I said was in bragging rights between the clubs 'since 1902' is hardly a Hearts bragging right it was more a Hibs failing. Beating Hibs in multiple derby games and getting one over on them on countless occasions is more a bragging right than them not achieving.

We were having a laugh at what must rate as the biggest collapse in Scottish football history and as er usual the most miserable of Hearts fans have to come in and piss all over the thread as per usual.

FTH  

did you not infer (if not directly say) that drawing that cup-tie (without which hibs couldn’t have won the cup) was insignificant compared to being relegated in the manner they were?

did you not infer that being in the championship for 3 years (during which they achieved their holy grail) was a significantly bad period for them?

either way it’s not worth getting hysterical over

On 07/02/2020 at 16:33, Craigieboy said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Simple answer NO!!! and never will there be!!!

However I find just as funny, all the media fawning and in particular BBC love in wi the Club that died and the unmentionable that they are NOT the same club and have still won COCK ALL!!!

Glasgow Rangers you let your club die!!

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Did anyone find the missing "thousands" from the 2006 semi?

Yes they where stuck in a traffic on the east end off Glasgow it took 3 hours to clear

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, j1964m said:

Yes they where stuck in a traffic on the east end off Glasgow it took 3 hours to clear

It was Harthill was it not? Whats now known as HEART of Scotland services.