Portishead

bighusref

Absolutely delighted to say that we were successful in our attempts to get tickets for this gig. One of only four in the UK.

Anybody else get one?

I must be getting out of touch - would have loved to see them,where are they playing?

still at least I have the Moz next week !

I must be getting out of touch - would have loved to see them,where are they playing?

still at least I have the Moz next week !

12th April at the Corn Exchange bud. I don't know if it sold out (I would suspect so) but today was the pre sale.

Dr, you are hard work my friend, hard work.

knowing my luck it will be an away game that day

from Ticket Scotland site

Portishead have announced a date in Edinburgh Corn Exchange on 12th April .

Tickets go on sale Friday 25th Jan at 9.30am. Tickets will be ?28.50 s.t.b.f

knowing my luck it will be an away game that day

from Ticket Scotland site

Portishead have announced a date in Edinburgh Corn Exchange on 12th April .

Tickets go on sale Friday 25th Jan at 9.30am. Tickets will be ?28.50 s.t.b.f

Clicky the link and then click on the "buy online" icon below the insignia.

Thought about going but would take a whitey of biblical proportions if I had to smoke as much ganj as I used to do to enjoy their stuff.

Do they still have the DJ instead of a support act? Now he played some seriously good music.

I'll be there.

has anyone heard any new material?

There's a couple of tunes from the ATP Festival they did last year on the internet. Sounds pretty damn good. Bit more uptempo and industrial as I remember, but I was fairly pished when I heard it!

Do they still have the DJ instead of a support act? Now he played some seriously good music.

I'll be there.

That's Andy Smith. Don't think he tours with Portishead any more, but he's playing at the Voodoo Rooms on the 16th of Feb. Should be a cracking night!

I saw them years ago at the Usher Hall and thought it was a bit sterile. Beth Gibbons has an amazing voice but the whole thing sounded a bit too much like the album in terms of the quality.

Carl Weathers

That's Andy Smith. Don't think he tours with Portishead any more, but he's playing at the Voodoo Rooms on the 16th of Feb. Should be a cracking night!

Sorry to take this of course a bit but what's the Voodoo rooms like?

Picked up a ticket as Dummy is one of my favourite albums - it is a classic with no fillter tracks.

The follow-up album isn't quite as good, but reports do indicate the new stuff is a return to form.

Sorry to take this of course a bit but what's the Voodoo rooms like?

It's what used to be the function rooms of the Cafe Royal (upstairs). Pretty hideous paint job, but they have some pretty decent guests. Saw David Holmes there a couple of months back - superb!

Archived