• Jambo 4 Ever

Last few seasons 10th place points totals:

18/19: Hamilton 33 points

17/18: Hamilton 33 points

16/17: Dundee 37 points

15/16: Hamilton 43 points

14/15: Kilmarnock 41 points

That's an average of around 38.

We've got 18 points and there are 13 games to go.

8 pre-split then 5 more after that.

20 points from 13 games??

Need to average more than a point and a half per game.

HardcoreJambo
1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

Relegation battles are usually won by experienced relegation battling teams.  Accies, Midden, County and Saints will fight for every ball.  Hearts are not up for the fight under DS system when opposition teams hang back and wait for the breakdown.  

Add to that the lack of experience Moore, Henderson and Irving have. The young payers will struggle for us. I'm convinced we are going down.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Seasons 14/15 and 15/16 probably higher due to the fact there was no Sevco and was a weaker league in general.

18 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I gave us an optimistic 11 pre-split, which includes 7 matches unbeaten!

Celtic 0, Hamilton 3, St Mirren 1, Hibs 1, Motherwell 1, Livingston 1, Ross Co. 3, Aberdeen 1.

I'm including our win v Rangers and draws v Perth Farmers and Ross County. 5 points. 

I'd be looking at. 

Celtic 0, Hamilton 3, St Mirren 3, Hibs 1, Motherwell 1, Livingston 1, Ross County 1, Aberdeen 1

11 points

Then win 3 of our 5 games after the split. 

That should see us finish 8th to 10th imo.  9 points. 

Total 20 points, season total of 38 points. 

However, based on sheer faith. A very optimistic scenario would be, nick a point at Darkheid and beat Hibs, Livi and Ross County. 

Pessimistic finishing total 28 pts

Realistic finishing total 38pts

Optimistic finishing total 48pts

33 minutes ago, HardcoreJambo said:

Add to that the lack of experience Moore, Henderson and Irving have. The young payers will struggle for us. I'm convinced we are going down.

Whisper it:

So am I.

GorgieRules22

You can go over stats and previous seasons points total but as long as we finish above Hamilton or St Mirren we won’t go down.

We play both after Celtic and it will tell you how much our players want it if we win both. If we do I’m convinced we’ll kick on and pull away.

9 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

How does the split work? And why do you have it?

With 5 games to go the league splits in half.

Top 6 teams play each other once more.

Bottom 6 teams play each other more.

Officially it's to prevent dead games at the end of the season, to make the relegation race tighter and to make the title race more exciting.

In the real world it's to give the Old Firm more games against anybody threatening their duopoly.

9 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

It's so we only have 38 games with a 12 game league and this split means Sky still get 4 old firm games basically

Take the inevitable beating from Celtic, then we will climb to safety.

Hamilton surely must be favourites to go down automatically.

St Mirren have a tough run-in, mind.

12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Take the inevitable beating from Celtic, then we will climb to safety.

Hamilton surely must be favourites to go down automatically.

St Mirren have a tough run-in, mind.

Hamilton even money to finish bottom.St Mirren 4/1 and Hearts 11/2

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Hamilton even money to finish bottom.St Mirren 4/1 and Hearts 11/2

Thanks, I didn’t know that.

Actually, I would love it to be St Mirren who go straight down!

Ricardo Quaresma

Liedown & scummy Hamilton going down would be hilarious gravy 😂😂😂😂

Spoiler

DSxk-zSX0AAEUqx.jpg

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Added more

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Thanks good info. So 6 wins and 2 draws allows us five defeats. Do-able if the players get their fingers out.

William H. Bonney
33 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Hamilton seem to be great escape artists

That’s the worry. They know how to get out of situations like this. They’re used to a scrap. 

Yep Hamilton finished 10th in 3 of the last 4 years and in the year that Dundee pipped them to safety, they won the play-off final to retain their Premiership status.

They manage to avoid the drop every year and are used to relegation dog-fights.

Eventually they'll run out of steam and disappear much like Bolton, Pompey and Sunderland have done down south.

After last night feeling rather deflated and pessimistic about the rest of the season.

We need a confidence boosting win in the cup and avoid a cuffing from the tims going into our two most important games of the season.

Failure to win 4+ points and we’re goosed.

4 hours ago, Redhelen said:

Hi helen, 

Hearts play the other clubs x3. Half of the 12 clubs will have 17 home games, the other half 16. This is all reasonable, balanced and necessary or the TV companies will withdraw the pittance they pay to cover it if there isn't as many old firm games as possible. 

The league then splits in two and we'll play (this season) the other 5 bottom six clubs once more. 

The authorities will then ensure that the post split, top 6 fixtures are balanced and fair for Celtic and Rangers and the rest of the clubs will have their fixtures built around that. Some may have 18 home and 20 away, or vice versa, but that's fine as long as Celtic and Rangers, their fans and the Glasgow media are content that their fixtures are equal and above board. 

Other than that, and the even handed, balanced refereeing the game up here is beyond reproach. 

You did ask. 👍😉

joondalupjambo

Hamilton and St Mirren have experience in fighting relegation battles and we do not, our players need to learn very quickly how to take part in these difficult times.  The way we are set up at the moment does not lend itself to scraping for points.  For these reasons I think we will probably pick up fewer points that we all hope for, play off spot may have to do and then it will be fill yer pants time.

Everything in my gut says we should be sailing through a couple of those fixtures and picking off the relegation candidate teams around us.  But our form guide suggests differently which is quite difficult to wrap your head round.  It feels like we have some real quality but I do also fear we do not have the stomach for a fight against the diddy sole-escape artists such as Hamilton. 

8 hours ago, Redhelen said:

Thanks for the reply. So the thing is Celtic and Rangers get to play each other more times?

Unfortunately yes. This joke of a league is set up for the Old firm... even before a ball is kicked, fixtures are carefully manipulated to suit Rangers and Celtic. And yes, this is a FACT. 
so in a nutshell, Scottish football is set up to accommodate the OF... they even get the lions share of TV rights. 
Welcome to the farce that is the Glasgow, sorry, Scottish Football League. 
...and every other league outside Scotland wonders why nobody can challenge them. 

Edited by Rogue Daddy

18 hours ago, Barack said:

How many home games will we get after the split?

Home to St. Mirren, and St. Johnstone probably?

No doubt we will lose a home game for an away game, stupid system.

Mind you normal carry on for the folk that run our game.

9 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Would take 11th place now. 

What might help us, is teams with small squads can sometimes fall away late on in a season. I think tenth is within our grasp 

I mistakenly thought that Kilmarnock was one of the more winnable games this month. It should’ve been but I underestimated how lower sides used to sitting defensively can utilise the ball over the top and multiple defenders to stifle and isolate Boyce. So now I have no idea how we’ll be.

Got a gut feeling we’ll play better at Celtic park than we did against Kilmarnock as we’ll be playing against a team who won’t just set up defensively. Could be remarkably wrong with that of course.

True test now will be Hamilton. Rice will have seen what St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock did to get to us and will amplify it. Genuinely thought if we’re in the bottom six playing the last 5 games against teams around us would benefit us, but with our style now it’s almost easier to play against the sides further up the table. I started a thread just a week ago predicting we’d be 7th by the end of February, now I’m just hoping we don’t finish rock bottom as if we’re 11th we have at least a chance with the play off.

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Does anybody even see us winning a couple in a row to pull us away a bit ?

Yes, Hamilton then St Mirren.

The only relevance the teams in 7th, 8th and 9th have is they need to play the two teams above us.

Maybe a bit pessimistic but 10th is the target.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Hope so and it would give us a big lift for the Derby.

Last week I would have thought anything short than 6 points from those fixtures would be a great disappointment as our team and management should have those in the bag. But after seeing St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock tactically outwitting is I have my doubts over Hamilton and St. Mirren.

21 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I mistakenly thought that Kilmarnock was one of the more winnable games this month. It should’ve been but I underestimated how lower sides used to sitting defensively can utilise the ball over the top and multiple defenders to stifle and isolate Boyce. So now I have no idea how we’ll be.

Got a gut feeling we’ll play better at Celtic park than we did against Kilmarnock as we’ll be playing against a team who won’t just set up defensively. Could be remarkably wrong with that of course.

True test now will be Hamilton. Rice will have seen what St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock did to get to us and will amplify it. Genuinely thought if we’re in the bottom six playing the last 5 games against teams around us would benefit us, but with our style now it’s almost easier to play against the sides further up the table. I started a thread just a week ago predicting we’d be 7th by the end of February, now I’m just hoping we don’t finish rock bottom as if we’re 11th we have at least a chance with the play off.

I tend to agree with you here. The teams at the bottom tend to be big and are accustomed to getting men behind the ball... it's pretty much the Scottish way!

I also think we'll fair better against Celtic. I've been saying for years that the only way you can play the OF is to set about them, don't give them time on the ball... I'm sick of that old commentator saying 'they're happy to let them have the ball...' but this is how teams play against them.

The OF know how to break down 'parked buses', they've been getting plenty of practice over the years... this style of play is something new to us.One thing is for sure, the keeper is not nearly good enough.. especially if this is our new strategy.

11 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Last week I would have thought anything short than 6 points from those fixtures would be a great disappointment as our team and management should have those in the bag. But after seeing St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock tactically outwitting is I have my doubts over Hamilton and St. Mirren.

Very true bud but we have to look on the positive side, not easy though.

4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Hope so and it would give us a big lift for the Derby.

Would rather lose the derby and win against the teams around us tbh 

Just now, Natural Orders said:

So would I and that's what I'm saying beating those two would give us a big lift.

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Me too. Thankfully it’s not a choice.  

August Landmesser
4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Reeking.

4 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I tend to agree with you here. The teams at the bottom tend to be big and are accustomed to getting men behind the ball... it's pretty much the Scottish way!

I also think we'll fair better against Celtic. I've been saying for years that the only way you can play the OF is to set about them, don't give them time on the ball... I'm sick of that old commentator saying 'they're happy to let them have the ball...' but this is how teams play against them.

The OF know how to break down 'parked buses', they've been getting plenty of practice over the years... this style of play is something new to us.One thing is for sure, the keeper is not nearly good enough.. especially if this is our new strategy.

Agreed. As for the keeper, Klopp disposed of Mignolet and Karius before he was happy with Alisson. Guardiola disposed of Hart and effectively Bravo before being happy with Ederson. Problem is at our level and budget wrrr never going to find the level of sweeper keeper that’ll be perfect, and I think it’ll take Stendel a few goes and some blatant blunders and bombscares before we find someone that’ll be half decent.

Just now, Natural Orders said:

We will just have to agree to disagree 

Probably for the best. More remarkable things happen every day than us gaining four points on st mirren. I could argue the toss but it’d end up with one of us looking daft and it’s too high risk for me. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Agreed. As for the keeper, Klopp disposed of Mignolet and Karius before he was happy with Alisson. Guardiola disposed of Hart and effectively Bravo before being happy with Ederson. Problem is at our level and budget wrrr never going to find the level of sweeper keeper that’ll be perfect, and I think it’ll take Stendel a few goes and some blatant blunders and bombscares before we find someone that’ll be half decent.

I think the guy he had at Barnsley was prone to a few errors but all GKs are. With Sievers here we should be able to pick a good one or two in the summer. I imagine guys that maybe cost you a few goals with misplaced passes as opposed to someone who literally can’t save the majority of shots that are on target.

Jack Torrance

Play as strong a team as possible against Falkirk without risking anyone with knocks; rest as many as possible against Celtic; give Bobby another go in between the sticks. Those would be my priorities for the next couple of games. Then it's a case of closing your eyes and hoping for the best....