Bottom 6 remaining fixtures

Cade

Here's a wee picture of the remaining matches before the split.

Some teams have to play both the OF, some have more home games, some have more games against fellow bottom 6 sides.

Have fun picking the bones out of this.

*St Johnstone have to play Rangers again in a 9th match at some point due to the postponement on 28th dec but no fixture has yet been made.

dr8r8h0.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cade

• vegas-voss

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

I work out as us probably being joint bottom with Hamilton after these games. Just leaves the last 5 against each of the other bottom 6

If the bottom 6 stays as it is then our likely post-split matches will be St J and St M at home with trips to Hamilton, Ross Co and Killie.

Confident?

Me neither.

Thanks Cade........I will politely decline to suggest future points won by each team, however I expect some posters will have us on 33 before the break, Accies on 23 & SM on 25 with nothing to see here!!

We are in a relegation battle, make no mistake.

Fingers crossed we can scrap 10th position by the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Musemic said:

If the bottom 6 stays as it is then our likely post-split matches will be St J and St M at home with trips to Hamilton, Ross Co and Killie.

Confident?

Me neither.

We might be lucky to get a 3 home/2 away after split as we will have played 16 home/17 away by that time........BUT we are dealing with SPFL, so don't be surprised if they conveniently overlook this matter!

The Old Tolbooth

I think we should only be concentrating on St Mirren and Hamilton now and forget the rest, if we end up above this pair then we're fine, it's as simple as that, but I do think Hamilton have the toughest games left. 

Interesting.....  I see St Mirren as firm favourites for bottom, with a hard last four games.

Hearts will do well to avoid the playoff place.  Killie and St Johnstone seem to be gaining form, but Hearts don't have to play them before the split......

Yep think we just need to see the fixtures for us Hamilton and St Mirren. Other teams have enough points and enough about them to pick up sufficient points. 

The silver lining is I can’t see hamilton or st mirren picking up that many points on those games....unless it’s against us or Killie.

we need to be beating those 2 as a minimal, dunno if that will happen 

I think they take seeding into account to even off fixtures, can't see us not getting three home games after the split, that would be unthinkable. My hunch is that it would be Kilmarnock at home as they won't want us playing Hamilton three times at home - that would be unfair...

10 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I think we should only be concentrating on St Mirren and Hamilton now and forget the rest, if we end up above this pair then we're fine, it's as simple as that, but I do think Hamilton have the toughest games left. 

Think you are bang on the money here. If we beat both of them twice , safe bet to think we'll finish 10th. Breath a huge sigh of relief and look forward to next season.

Austin MacGlee
14 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

This is where I'm at too. Just win those games against those two and we'll be ok.

13 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Interesting.....  I see St Mirren as firm favourites for bottom, with a hard last four games.

Hearts will do well to avoid the playoff place.  Killie and St Johnstone seem to be gaining form, but Hearts don't have to play them before the split......

Oddschecker have Hamilton @ evens to finish bottom with both St Mirren and Hearts generally @ 5/2

24 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

Thanks Cade........I will politely decline to suggest future points won by each team, however I expect some posters will have us on 33 before the break, Accies on 23 & SM on 25 with nothing to see here!!

We are in a relegation battle, make no mistake.

Fingers crossed we can scrap 10th position by the end of the season.

Relegation battles are usually won by experienced relegation battling teams.  Accies, Midden, County and Saints will fight for every ball.  Hearts are not up for the fight under DS system when opposition teams hang back and wait for the breakdown.  

23 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

We might be lucky to get a 3 home/2 away after split as we will have played 16 home/17 away by that time........BUT we are dealing with SPFL, so don't be surprised if they conveniently overlook this matter!

Any of those teams wouldn’t mind coming to Tynecastle three times, we’ll St Mirren aside the rest won’t care 

The games v St. Mirren, Hamilton and Ross County are all must wins. Win those 3 and I reckon we won't be in 12th by the split. Any other points picked up will likely be the from Hibs/Motherwell games which could see us 10th. 

2 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Any of those teams wouldn’t mind coming to Tynecastle three times, we’ll St Mirren aside the rest won’t care 

That is true but our win record our win record is better at home !!!!

21 minutes ago, Barack said:

How many home games will we get after the split?

Home to St. Mirren, and St. Johnstone probably?

Yeah assuming the bottom 6 remains how it is, I believe we will host St Mirren and St Johnstone but travel to Hamilton, Ross County and Kilmarnock. That’s me basing it on the fact that we have hosted those clubs twice this season and have only travelled once. However we went to Ibrox 3 times last season (May have been the season before last) so not really sure how it works 

The Old Tolbooth
18 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Think you are bang on the money here. If we beat both of them twice , safe bet to think we'll finish 10th. Breath a huge sigh of relief and look forward to next season.

And a cup run 😉

Hello. 

We should finish above St. Mirren and Hamilton before the split based on those remaining fixtures.  The split will give us better chances compared to playing top 6 in form sides.

Stendel has to manage the players so that we don't go chasing lost points against Celtic and possibly Livingston.  We can't afford to burn-out our key players.

Will also be interesting to see how Stendel manages our cup game(s).  Cup games are play-off type matches.  I wouldn't expect a constant high press in those games.  Would like to see more from Stendel here.

47 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Should be nicely above Hamilton and St Mirren after that.

Aye heard that a bit too often and look where we are

Say What Again

Ross County have 4 tricky looking away fixtures (Hibs, Sheep, Well, Hearts) and Rangers at home.

Fair chance they'll be there or thereabouts at the business end of the bottom, come the split.

bigis semiauskas

If the vermin end up bottom 6 they will still be safe so we are Billy Brown.

Guaranteed to lie down v Accies and Midden. 

52 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

Oddschecker have Hamilton @ evens to finish bottom with both St Mirren and Hearts generally @ 5/2

Going to get something on St Mirren at that odds

Hackney Hearts

Very hard to make predictions on upcoming fixtures, given that we've just beaten Rangers and lost to Kilmarnock - not to mention a mad 3-3 away to St Johnstone which either side could have won.

With a competent goalkeeper we'd have won all 3 of those matches, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens on that front.

Edited by Hackney Hearts

It's impossible to work anything out from that. Results are all over the place for bottom six clubs just now (except maybe St J).

I really can't say I'm confident we will stay up. Not with the porous defence and invisible keeper.

Last 5 games:

Kilmarnock: LLLWW 6 points

St Johnstone: LWLDW 7 points

Ross County: DLLLW 4 points

St Mirren: WLDDD 6 points

Hamilton: WLLLD 4 points

Hearts: DDWDL 6 points

fb3f2d1e814190100a4ae401b1660d5b.gif

Hackney Hearts

Last 4 games:

Kilmarnock: LLWW 6 points

St Johnstone: WLDW 7 points

Ross County: LLLW 3 points

St Mirren: LDDD 3 points

Hamilton: LLLD 1 points

Hearts: DWDL 5 points

🤷‍♂️

Anything can happen but on paper I’d say St Mirren look to have the hardest run to game 33. That depends on which Hearts go through there next week, right enough.

6 minutes ago, Cade said:

Last 5 games:

Kilmarnock: LLLWW 6 points

St Johnstone: LWLDW 7 points

Ross County: DLLLW 4 points

St Mirren: WLDDD 6 points

Hamilton: WLLLD 4 points

Hearts: DDWDL 6 points

fb3f2d1e814190100a4ae401b1660d5b.gif

Toss a coin man. Impossible to work out whats going to happen

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Need a minimum about 16 points from the remaining Pre split games and then 9 points in the bottom 6 split games imo to avoid a playoff. 

16 points from our next 8 games?

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Need a minimum about 16 points from the remaining Pre split games and then 9 points in the bottom 6 split games imo to avoid a playoff. 

I gave us an optimistic 11 pre-split, which includes 7 matches unbeaten!

Celtic 0, Hamilton 3, St Mirren 1, Hibs 1, Motherwell 1, Livingston 1, Ross Co. 3, Aberdeen 1.

a. Celtic 1-4

h. Hamilton 4-0

a. St. Mirren 1-1

a. Hibs 3-2

h. Motherwell 2-2

a. Livingston 2-2

h. Ross 3-0

a. Aberdeen 0-1

Pld 33 W 6 12 L 15 Pts 30

Still pretty awful but would be a decent enough starting point for the post split dog fight. 

Our season is all about avoiding relegation but I'm still not overly concerned. We're 1 measly point from eleventh and 4 short of tenth with 39 to play for. 

I'd rather be in our shoes, squad and manager wise, than the teams immediately above us. 

Don't panic. 

Hearts will be fine. 

Parkhead is a free hit, not expecting anything from it & it matters very little in the grand scheme of things.

Fail to win the following 2 games and we're almost certainly going down.

The vermin will likely slip into bottom 6 so we will get 3 home post split.

I reckon we will do well to get 10th but expecting a play off place to be honest 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

a. Celtic 1-4

h. Hamilton 4-0

a. St. Mirren 1-1

a. Hibs 3-2

h. Motherwell 2-2

a. Livingston 2-2

h. Ross 3-0

a. Aberdeen 0-1

Pld 33 W 6 12 L 15 Pts 30

Still pretty awful but would be a decent enough starting point for the post split dog fight. 

Our season is all about avoiding relegation but I'm still not overly concerned. We're 1 measly point from eleventh and 4 short of tenth with 39 to play for. 

I'd rather be in our shoes, squad and manager wise, than the teams immediately above us. 

Don't panic. 

Hearts will be fine. 

there are some mental predictions right there. Sincerely hope your right 

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

there are some mental predictions right there. Sincerely hope your right 

True. Hearts scoring at Parkhead is a bit out there, fozzy. 

I'll give you that one, bud. 👍😊

Before the St. J game I was very confident we'd pull away, a tad less so afterwards.

After last night, I conclude, we have the desire, we have a core, but Stendel is being too loyal to some who are not good enough, and there are better players in the squad who would make a difference.

I think loyalty his loyalty could cost us a place in the SPFL.

Sticking my neck out here....

I think we'll get out of the relegation zone after our next 3-4 games. Celtic is a write-off, so as long as other results go our way too (i.e. Hamilton lose), we'll beat Hamilton and Ross Co, and (again assuming other results go our way) we will be sitting in 10th place.

If we don't, then a possible saving Grace is that we have the split to consider, and that our last couple of months games will definitely not be against Rangers/Celtic/Hibs/Aberdeen etc, they'll be against Hamilton/St Mirren/Ross County etc and we should be beating all of them. 

"Should"............. 

I think we will finish 9th.

Edited by Batistuta87

Playing Hamilton and St Mirren back-to-back is the key.

Gives us one chance to hit both teams above us.

Season will be made or broken right there.

Especially since these two games are bracketed by an away stuffing at Celtic and an away derby.