Garden Waste

Harry Potter

Moved house last November and missed the payment for my garden waste for the new year.

Payment could be made from January the 20th to start the collection again for 1st pick up

on the 23d of january.

Online was a complete nightmare so i phoned them, terrible line, could hardly hear the person on the phone.

Anyway was about to pay the 25 pounds by card, asked how long to send my sticker for my brown garden

waste bin.

Not one or two weeks, not 4, 6 maybe, was going to take 7 or 8 weeks, this meant i could miss

4 collections,told the person on the phone to forget it.

Did ask her if she could E-Mail the sticker in an attachment, all i got was a list of policies, utter

hopeless, never tried to help me .

The Real Maroonblood
48 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Moved house last November and missed the payment for my garden waste for the new year.

Payment could be made from January the 20th to start the collection again for 1st pick up

on the 23d of january.

Online was a complete nightmare so i phoned them, terrible line, could hardly hear the person on the phone.

Anyway was about to pay the 25 pounds by card, asked how long to send my sticker for my brown garden

waste bin.

Not one or two weeks, not 4, 6 maybe, was going to take 7 or 8 weeks, this meant i could miss

4 collections,told the person on the phone to forget it.

Did ask her if she could E-Mail the sticker in an attachment, all i got was a list of policies, utter

hopeless, never tried to help me .

It’s a disgrace they charge for this service considering the push for recycling. 
Maybe if you were a tourist they would’ve been more helpful..

It’s a disgrace tha

Montgomery Brewster
7 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s a disgrace they charge for this service considering the push for recycling. 
Maybe if you were a tourist they would’ve been more helpful..

It’s a disgrace tha

Clueless councils . 

they should just add 25quid on to everyone’s bill. No Extra administration required

6 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Clueless councils . 

they should just add 25quid on to everyone’s bill. No Extra administration required

But thats common sense bud, doubt they have any.

Just moved into a new house, didn't know about this extra charge until it was too late as I have moved from a flat.  I've bought a house with a decent sized garden that needs pulled apart and now I can't use my bin. Absolute joke of a situation. I have emailed and recieved no reply.

Also bugs me that bin collection is fortnightly! 

2 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Just moved into a new house, didn't know about this extra charge until it was too late as I have moved from a flat.  I've bought a house with a decent sized garden that needs pulled apart and now I can't use my bin. Absolute joke of a situation. I have emailed and recieved no reply.

Also bugs me that bin collection is fortnightly! 

fire is your friend 

Very little garden waste for me at this time of year so much so my bin was empty as were the other (16) houses in my street. No bins out, truck came and left. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Clueless councils . 

Spot on.

Doctor FinnBarr

Still free in West Lothian although they've now merged our garden waste (Brown bin) with food waste (wee green caddy). Food waste now goes in the brown bin and gets lifted once a fortnight as opposed to caddy getting lifted weekly. This should be fun IF we have a long hot summer!

7 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Still free in West Lothian although they've now merged our garden waste (Brown bin) with food waste (wee green caddy). Food waste now goes in the brown bin and gets lifted once a fortnight as opposed to caddy getting lifted weekly. This should be fun IF we have a long hot summer!

That's how our garden waste has been done up here for years. We all thought the same but there has been no issues with bad smells.

12 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Very little garden waste for me at this time of year so much so my bin was empty as were the other (16) houses in my street. No bins out, truck came and left. 

No leaves in your street then,  have a binfull.

22 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

All fell before Christmas. 

True bud, but still got a binfull lol😉, need to get rid , was thinking about a compost heap.