• Mr Elwood P

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Walter Kidd said:

In your opinion. Others agree with me. 

And the majority think your talking out your ring. The first page of this thread confirms that . 

Folk saying the jury is out on DS isn’t agreeing with your opinion. 

I bet you were not even at the game tonight , you probably thought Levein was axed too soon, love budge when we’re winning against her when we’re in the crap and offended by the young team . 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
5 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Mate, you’re a class poster with a great username (being sincere) I’m just pointing out the inconsistencies.  To be honest I agree with you.  👍

I wouldn't want to see folk being bullied either but the guy is incapable of having an adult debate. 

15 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

This place is full folk that backed Craig Levein to the very end and now, two months in, is turning on a new manager with new ideas. Somehow, now, folk are worried we might get relegated? That's been a real possibility most of the season.

Had a January transfer window to turn everything around, as long as he could shift players out the door though. Why didn't he sign a keeper? Well we currently have three first team keepers that no one else wants. Not easy to free up wages when the last clown was handing out four year deals to everyone.

Nine league games in, four against Rangers, Celtic Aberdeen and Hibs and four with Leveins dross and he's the next Cathro.

Folk that think we aren't playing better football are clueless. The same folk that want our defender to "punt it up the park" at every opportunity.

Stendel has a massive job on his hands and has done since he walked in through no fault of his own. He's patched up a seriously shit midfield with what's available and got a striker in who can actually score goals. Sadly, this team needs a complete refresh from top to bottom because of years of incompetence. 

Best Post of 2020 in all honesty 👍

2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

He is right though. 

A new man has came in and had two months to sort out 4 years worth of mismanagement and clowns like yourself are already writing him off instead of backing him when he is in real need of backing. 

I bet you left when we went two nil down tonight as well, get a ****ing grip of yourself and back the man who has been brought in to keep us up and sort out years of Leveins shitshow!!!

mods ban me if you want, im done with posters like this and this site. 

Spot on Pal!

1 minute ago, Mac80 said:

He is right though. 

A new man has came in and had two months to sort out 4 years worth of mismanagement and clowns like yourself are already writing him off instead of backing him when he is in real need of backing. 

I bet you left when we went two nil down tonight as well, get a ****ing grip of yourself and back the man who has been brought in to keep us up and sort out years of Leveins shitshow!!!

He’s won 1 league game in all his time.  One.  Do you think the squad we have?  With the players out on the pitch it’s good enough to win one game?  It’s the excuse making that is hurting us.  One game.  Pumped at home by loads.  It’s ridiculous. 

We sacked Levein at the worst possible time. January isn't the time to rebuild a squad and completely change the way we play, from defensive and cautious to swashbuckling all out attack. 

Long term, I think Stendel could be a good appointment. If we avoid relegation, I think we'll be an exciting team to watch under him next season. I don't expect us to win any trophies playing his way, but I'm happy with entertaining attacking football and goals after the last few years of mostly meh football. 

I'm not convinced the manager can get Halkett, Souttar and any of our goalkeepers to do play his style now though, and that's a big problem. Sibbick in midfield protecting the centre half's when the full backs press forward will be crucial to our survival chances. We need him to stay fit. 

Just now, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

I wouldn't want to see folk being bullied either but the guy is incapable of having an adult debate. 

Again, I would in general agree.  But it’s inconsistent with others getting banned or removed from threads.  He does get bullied also.  That can’t even be debatable. 

5 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

He is right though. 

A true jambo. Well said 👍

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

He’s won 1 league game in all his time.  One.  Do you think the squad we have?  With the players out on the pitch it’s good enough to win one game?  It’s the excuse making that is hurting us.  One game.  Pumped at home by loads.  It’s ridiculous. 

I think ill back my new manager for longer than 2 months before i start turning my back on him pal. 

how many league games did levein win in 2019? With the players CL had at his disposal did you think that was good enough? Do you think that years of dross signings has lead to this? Do u expect a new manager to sort this in less than two months? 

At the game tonight and said to my m8 I was worried about the midfield.  3 young inexperienced players and a brand new signing who the manager admitted himself he wasn’t sure about whether he would be starting.  Obviously due to fitness and match sharpness.  Big gamble which clearly didn’t pay off.  We were soft as **** in midfield which left our defence horribly exposed.  Souttar and Halkett were honking especially Souttar.  Their big forward out muscled Souttar and put him on his backside a few times.  Halkett was blowing out his backside half way through the second half.  Good finish for his goal though have to admit that.  Henderson and Moore were never in the game at all and had very little influence if any.  Strange team selection for me.  To me it showed a lack of understanding about what to expect from Killie and we played right into their hands.   

That middle hour was every bit as shambolic as anything served up by Levein or Cathro. The jury is still very much out on Stendel. Personally I just don’t see how we’re getting out of the mess we’re in.

48 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

1 league win in 9, or whatever, and bottom of the league. It’s not surprising people are asking questions. 

DS reputation has been massively overblown in my opinion due to the fact he’s not CL, fan friendly and viewed as ‘fashionable’ by sections of the support. His track record doesn’t warrant the hype imo. 

I’m firmly in the jury’s our camp. He has inherited a shambles of a situation buts it’s never ‘felt’ right and I suspect the challenge might be too big for him. I wouldn’t be surprised if we started next season with a new manager. 

IF we were to be relegated he would have to share a fair chunk of the responsibility being in charge for circa 6months of the season. We can’t continue to use CL as a free pass, DS is the man in charge and is responsible for getting results. 

Our issues are much deeper than a goalkeeper.

The one things I will say I enjoy the games under DS more than CL, but the results are pretty much the same😞

I fear I agree, especially the bit in bold. If he sticks with Periera ,Moore and Henderson and has no plan B we will be down.

9 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

I think ill back my new manager for longer than 2 months before i start turning my back on him pal. 

how many league games did levein win in 2019? With the players CL had at his disposal did you think that was good enough? Do you think that years of dross signings has lead to this? Do u expect a new manager to sort this in less than two months? 

we are bottom of the league.  Bottom.  

I hate Levien, pal.  You’re barking up the wrong tree there.

I am shit scared we are going down and there’s nothing to suggest we won’t.  You saying you’ll back the manager is fine, me too, let’s not pretend there’s much to back him to get us out of this though.

Another warning by the mods.  Can you please message me to let me know what I’ve done or said was wrong please?  **** sake I get in shit for sticking up against bullying 😂😂😂

Hmm....6pts from a possible 27 should be all that is required to draw an obvious conclusion.

You’ve got to hope he’s at least good enough to gain promotion next season........I’m not so sure he is. 

Hearts could be in for a very long hard journey......Dundee United style, or worse.☹️

Edited by YellowSub

2 minutes ago, deejtee said:

I fear I agree, especially the bit in bold. If he sticks with Periera ,Moore and Henderson and has no plan B we will be down.

The “Barnsley fans” have went a bit quiet.  They’re the ****ing trolls that should be hounded out.  Or Stendel and his family pals or whatever.  The duty is out on their manager by long for Stendel back?  Same boy sacked bottom of the league with one win.  Yet six or seven come on here and con us all 😂😂😂

20 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You enjoyed the game? 

Aye.

Some really good stuff first half.

That kilmarnock suckered us doesnt take that away.

Get me watching Hearts playing football .

Going forward.

The op is a nonsense and my paranoid heid sniffs a rat

22 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

He is right though. 

Exactly Well said 

Around November time everyone on here accepted the squad wasn't good enough.

New manager signed 3 players.

Why do folk think there will be a massive turnaround. 

It's work in progress. 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

The “Barnsley fans” have went a bit quiet.  They’re the ****ing trolls that should be hounded out.  Or Stendel and his family pals or whatever.  The duty is out on their manager by long for Stendel back?  Same boy sacked bottom of the league with one win.  Yet six or seven come on here and con us all 😂😂😂

Na.

Levein I thought you were angry.

See now I say you are at it.

A year of losing 

Then in a couple of months new energy

Have you got a clue about professional sport.

Survival 

We are staying up.

Stick with the German and shut the fek yp

1 minute ago, jake said:

Aye.

Some really good stuff first half.

That kilmarnock suckered us doesnt take that away.

Get me watching Hearts playing football .

Going forward.

The op is a nonsense and my paranoid heid sniffs a rat

Aye fair enough.  In general I could accept losing if it was like that.  I didn’t enjoy the 2 then 3 then hearing Hamilton are up.  If we stay up (and it’s absolutely ludicrous for all we’ve provided for the club and the position we are in to say this) it will be decent next year.  Now we need to shitfest our way to win games.  We done that against Rangers and it’s like we learned zero from Saturday.

Why does Stendel not look at Saturday and change things for tonight? There’s no excuse.  None. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

Aye fair enough.  In general I could accept losing if it was like that.  I didn’t enjoy the 2 then 3 then hearing Hamilton are up.  If we stay up (and it’s absolutely ludicrous for all we’ve provided for the club and the position we are in to say this) it will be decent next year.  Now we need to shitfest our way to win games.  We done that against Rangers and it’s like we learned zero from Saturday.

Why does Stendel not look at Saturday and change things for tonight? There’s no excuse.  None. 

We now always look to go forward.

Fek me Clare was screaming for the ball first half.

Come on Laff I'm doubting you bud

Just now, jake said:

Na.

Levein I thought you were angry.

See now I say you are at it.

A year of losing 

Then in a couple of months new energy

Have you got a clue about professional sport.

Survival 

We are staying up.

Stick with the German and shut the fek yp

What on earth makes you think we are staying up? 

Again I’ll ignore the personal abuse.  This was Kilmarnock tonight, they tore us to bits easily.  

Ive a clue about professional sports Jake my friend, it’s above ultimately winning. Are we doing enough in all our games since Levein left, with our players returning from injury, with new signings? Are we ****.  It’s a warm knife through butter. 

What a bunch of pant wetters...the damage done by CL is huge....I still can’t believe we were 2 down today the football played was decent but no real end product...stats are there for people to use, 6 points out of 27 or unbeaten in 5 before tonight and beaten Rangers....what will be will be just a shame if we did get relegated as players like Boyce and Naismith need to be in the top division.

44 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

This place is full folk that backed Craig Levein to the very end and now, two months in, is turning on a new manager with new ideas. Somehow, now, folk are worried we might get relegated? That's been a real possibility most of the season.

Had a January transfer window to turn everything around, as long as he could shift players out the door though. Why didn't he sign a keeper? Well we currently have three first team keepers that no one else wants. Not easy to free up wages when the last clown was handing out four year deals to everyone.

Nine league games in, four against Rangers, Celtic Aberdeen and Hibs and four with Leveins dross and he's the next Cathro.

Folk that think we aren't playing better football are clueless. The same folk that want our defender to "punt it up the park" at every opportunity.

Stendel has a massive job on his hands and has done since he walked in through no fault of his own. He's patched up a seriously shit midfield with what's available and got a striker in who can actually score goals. Sadly, this team needs a complete refresh from top to bottom because of years of incompetence. 

Spot on sir. 

Just now, jake said:

Just now, jake said:

Yes we do, we look amazing at times going forward. Next year could be fantastic.  

We need to win ugly at times just now though.  Leaving ourselves open is a good football match but watching Burke rip Aidy and float balls in doesn’t win football games.  

I want us to win games just now, good football is secondary at the moment. We are in deep deep trouble.  Doubt me, I can live with that.  I think you’re a good guy personally 👍

3 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

What a bunch of pant wetters...the damage done by CL is huge....I still can’t believe we were 2 down today the football played was decent but no real end product...stats are there for people to use, 6 points out of 27 or unbeaten in 5 before tonight and beaten Rangers....what will be will be just a shame if we did get relegated as players like Boyce and Naismith need to be in the top division.

And Haulket and Souttar and Smith and Clare and Hickey and Moshino and Washington.  There’s absolutely no excuse why we should be bottom of the table or give it a “oh well” if we go down.  Lockey got punted with a bunch of kids and Stevo ffs.  Yet that was in people’s eyes the best decision to get in Robbie and Levein.  

We go down with this team and the players it’s a complete and utter disgrace even a playoff is ridiculous. 

48 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

This guy gets it 👏👍🇱🇻

Bottom line in football: results are all. If Daniel doesn’t start winning games he’ll be on a shoogly peg. Some people might fancy swashbuckling football, but if all it means is constant losses they’ll soon get sick of it.

Weakened Offender

I honestly wanted him to get us going. I thought he would. But he hasn't. It's been very poor results wise. He still has time but we look just as likely to get relegated as we did two months ago and if he thinks playing Moore, Henderson and Irving every week in front of a fragile defence which knows the goalkeeper can't save a shot will keep us up then he's very mistaken. 

Handofgod2015
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I've seen good things from Periera but the guy doesn't give a ****. That is my opinion, but he's still our best keeper so what can you do 

Do share what these good things are? How about saving a single shot ever? He’s not even out 3rd best keeper 

Five goals in two games is good form at that end. Six goals in two games is horrendous form at that end.

The defence is too high up and putting us at risk of losing plenty of goals.

4 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I honestly wanted him to get us going. I thought he would. But he hasn't. It's been very poor results wise. He still has time but we look just as likely to get relegated as we did two months ago and if he thinks playing Moore, Henderson and Irving every week in front of a fragile defence which knows the goalkeeper can't save a shot will keep us up then he's very mistaken. 

It will work, with a good goalie.  Next season.  I’ll definitely buy my season ticket full of a lot more optimistic than I have since promotion in the next couple of months.  It’s not going to keep us up now though.  

The_razors_edge

Whilst I disagree with the OP I understand the sentiment behind it. 

I understand DS has a philosophy and I have absolutely no doubt he is working very hard to try and mould and shape the existing squad to try and play his way. However, my view is I think he needs to be more pragmatic, if only to see us safely to the end of the season.

Let’s be clear here, we’re in a relegation battle no doubt about it. With a goalkeeper who can’t stop the ball going in the net, a midfielder at RB and inexperienced kids like Henderson, Moore and Irving being asked to shoulder a lot of the attacking burden, we are not set up properly to survive a relegation battle. 

We are only going to win games IF we stop conceding goals - despite a reasonably positive transfer window I still don’t believe we have the strength in attack to regularly overturn 2/3 goal concessions per game. 

We need the most experienced, battle hardened pro’s playing as much football from now until the end of the season - substance over style time. I don’t believe a team with pereira, Moore, Henderson and Irving starting regularly is going to keep us in this league. I don’t think playing such a high line and leaving our 2 centre half’s as exposed is going to work either - it hasn’t taken other teams long to cotton on to the fact that if you win possession and quickly launch balls in to the channels between our centre half’s and vacant full back positions this will lead to goal scoring opportunities. 

Sometimes you just have to reflect and concede that you need to be more flexible and adaptable in your approach, even just temporarily to meet a short term goal. In the fullness of time I do think DS’s approach will reap its rewards and we will witness exciting, attacking, winning football. But from now till the end of the season he needs to be realistic with regards to the abilities of the existing squad and set us up accordingly. 

After tonight i’d like to think he’s seen enough of Pereira to realise he simply isn’t good enough and that Moore, Henderson and Irving, while maybe still having a part to play can’t be relied upon to grind out victories against the likes of Kilmarnock. Sportsound made the point tonight that the average age of Killie’s midfield tonight was 32. Ours was 21 and it showed. 

Just now, Gorgiewave said:

Five goals in two games is good form at that end. Six goals in two games is horrendous form at that end.

The defence is too high up and putting us at risk of losing plenty of goals.

Parkhead is a write off.  Hamilton at home.  I want a scrappy win more than open football and some clogger scores a couple for them. 

1 minute ago, The_razors_edge said:

I understand DS has a philosophy and I have absolutely no doubt he is working very hard to try and mould and shape the existing squad to try and play his way. However, my view is I think he needs to be more pragmatic, if only to see us safely to the end of the season.

Let’s be clear here, we’re in a relegation battle no doubt about it. With a goalkeeper who can’t stop the ball going in the net, a midfielder at RB and inexperienced kids like Henderson, Moore and Irving being asked to shoulder a lot of the attacking burden, we are not set up properly to survive a relegation battle. 

We are only going to win games IF we stop conceding goals - despite a reasonably positive transfer window I still don’t believe we have the strength in attack to regularly overturn 2/3 goal concessions per game. 

We need the most experienced, battle hardened pro’s playing as much football from now until the end of the season - substance over style time. I don’t believe a team with pereira, Moore, Henderson and Irving starting regularly is going to keep us in this league. I don’t think playing such a high line and leaving our 2 centre half’s as exposed is going to work either - it hasn’t taken other teams long to cotton on to the fact that if you win possession and quickly launch balls in to the channels between our centre half’s and vacant full back positions this will lead to goal scoring opportunities. 

Sometimes you just have to reflect and concede that you need to be more flexible and adaptable in your approach, even just temporarily to meet a short term goal. In the fullness of time I do think DS’s approach will reap its rewards and we will witness exciting, attacking, winning football. But from now till the end of the season he needs to be realistic with regards to the abilities of the existing squad and set us up accordingly. 

After tonight i’d like to think he’s seen enough of Pereira to realise he simply isn’t good enough and that Moore, Henderson and Irving, while maybe still having a part to play can’t be relied upon to grind out victories against the likes of Kilmarnock. Sportsound made the point tonight that the average age of Killie’s midfield tonight was 32. Ours was 21 and it showed. 

Absolutely spot on mate. 

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It will work, with a good goalie.  Next season.  I’ll definitely buy my season ticket full of a lot more optimistic than I have since promotion in the next couple of months.  It’s not going to keep us up now though.  

If you think he'll relegate us then be successful, you're on glue. 

I fear that the pressing game as operated by our team just now is not going to save us from relegation.

The defence is left exposed and Soutar looked as though his confidence has taken a hit .

I cannot understand why Stendel did not move heaven and earth to sign a capable goalie even if it meant carrying our 3 duds for the rest of the season.

Henderson and Moore are not at this stage first team material.Moore could not get his game for Falkirk when out on loan.

Langer looked well off the pace and should not have played.

It leaves me questioning whether Stendel understands the qualities need to compete in our league.

We looked very soft tonight.

Fingers crossed that Stendel learns and adapts.

23 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yes we do, we look amazing at times going forward. Next year could be fantastic.  

We need to win ugly at times just now though.  Leaving ourselves open is a good football match but watching Burke rip Aidy and float balls in doesn’t win football games.  

I want us to win games just now, good football is secondary at the moment. We are in deep deep trouble.  Doubt me, I can live with that.  I think you’re a good guy personally 👍

Sorry man.

Fekin football.

7 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Absolutely spot on. The test will be Celtic Park next week. If he goes there and tries the high press it could get extremely ugly for us.

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Handofgod2015 said:

Do share what these good things are? How about saving a single shot ever? He’s not even out 3rd best keeper 

Good distribution, decent shot stopping ability (not great but look at Zlamal, he's even worse, can't forgive him for not saving Edoard's penalty that day) I think Zlamal is worth another shot though 100%. He may be nuts but he's committed. Or we could pick up a free agent, maybe the famous Vittorio or whatever from Italy with all the caps 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, tolcross lad said:

I fear that the pressing game as operated by our team just now is not going to save us from relegation.

The defence is left exposed and Soutar looked as though his confidence has taken a hit .

I cannot understand why Stendel did not move heaven and earth to sign a capable goalie even if it meant carrying our 3 duds for the rest of the season.

Henderson and Moore are not at this stage first team material.Moore could not get his game for Falkirk when out on loan.

Langer looked well off the pace and should not have played.

It leaves me questioning whether Stendel understands the qualities need to compete in our league.

We looked very soft tonight.

Fingers crossed that Stendel learns and adapts.

It could save us but we need more leadership at the back. This is our problem, from what I've seen nobody talks 

The highlights of that St J game are still haunting me.  They ripped us to shreds in that 2nd half and could have scored 5 or 6 with a bit more luck.  

My only real hope is that Smith and Hickey are back before that Celtic game and strengthen that defence dramatically.

Haven't seen any of the latest debacle and don't even want to.  Finding ourselves 0-3 down makes me believe that the top 6 is out of reach and we're going to have to battle really hard to get clear of the drop.

I only hope the players are up to it.

Levein and Budge have delivered us to this dangerous point but it was neither of them who started Moore and Henderson and persisted with the Sunday League goalkeeper.

Stendel has had little criticism so far but his team selection was poor last night.

Sincerely hoping he's learning quickly from this because we're running out of games.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Jesus talk about an overreaction. Think some folk need to stay away from kickback & alcohol after hearts games

This