We have another Cathro

Walter Kidd

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, martoon said:

I see you've still got your finger on the pulse of all things Hearts and those who support her.

Honestly, Mr E, you're so out of touch you may as well be on the moon.

Cwaigywaigy has gone. Digest it, accept it, choke back a tear, if you must, and step forward into the future with rest of the support.

It's Stendel time, Mr E. 

:walk_man:

:laugh:

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You're wasting your time, Boab.

Time well spent, Gov.

In a cracking mood today !

👍

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Walter Kidd said:

I apologised on Saturday. Emotions are a terrible thing. 

Fair play man👍🏼

Governor Tarkin
48 minutes ago, Boab said:

Time well spent, Gov.

In a cracking mood today !

👍

Magic.

It's been a great few days.

To cap it off I'm due in port around midnight. Homeward bound. 

1 hour ago, martoon said:

I can read you, Mr E.

Like a book.

:D

35 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Magic.

Safe journey.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Magic.

Ship ahoy !

👍

4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Magic.

Safe journey home, bud. 

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Safe journey.

8 hours ago, Boab said:

Ship ahoy !

👍

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

07379D7C-3BD1-4EC8-A646-51342346A32E.gif

4 hours ago, martoon said:

Safe journey home, bud. 

0883fad7a4db211bfef093cddb41fe10.gif

I was wondering if DS sought and took advice and guidance from CL on defensive tactics and approach!  Is that possible?

It would certainly explain why the defensive players picked and their approach has delivered!

Just wondering .....

On 05/02/2020 at 21:01, Walter Kidd said:

He’s a dud. Here comes the championship. It’s taken 3 weeks for coaches to suss Stendel out and he’s clueless. 

Even Cathro took 4 off Rangers. 

:rofl: 

Nookie Bear

Whilst the difference between Cathro and Stendel are clear in terms of the way we are playing, the fact is we are bottom of the league and in a real fight to stay up. 

I would argue all day long that DS is the better manager but, looking at the bare facts (the WDL record) and the fact we have been exposed by quite a few ‘weaker’ teams this season then it is not a ridiculous comparison. 

But then, Cathro took over a winning team and DS inherited a shambles. That is the clincher for me. 

We are on the right track but I do think we need to keep our feet in the ground a bit more than we have been after this week 🤷‍♂️

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I was wondering if DS sought and took advice and guidance from CL on defensive tactics and approach!  Is that possible?

It would certainly explain why the defensive players picked and their approach has delivered!

Just wondering .....

No. 

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Just wondering .....

:rofl:

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Whilst the difference between Cathro and Stendel are clear in terms of the way we are playing, the fact is we are bottom of the league and in a real fight to stay up. 

I would argue all day long that DS is the better manager but, looking at the bare facts (the WDL record) and the fact we have been exposed by quite a few ‘weaker’ teams this season then it is not a ridiculous comparison. 

But then, Cathro took over a winning team and DS inherited a shambles. That is the clincher for me. 

We are on the right track but I do think we need to keep our feet in the ground a bit more than we have been after this week 🤷‍♂️

The last part - no we don't. We are supporters, maybe the players do but we can get carried away all we like.

7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Just wondering .....

I don’t believe you were wondering that. I do believe you’ve thought of yet another way to poke a shitey stick in the hornets nest that is Craig Levein. 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

The last part - no we don't. We are supporters, maybe the players do but we can get carried away all we like.

Couldn’t agree more, but it works both ways. So when we struggle against diddy teams we over react the other way. 

As for the players, I expect they still know they are in a battle and the Hamilton result on Wednesday hopefully refocused their minds. 

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Was he not joking ?

Christ I hope he was

My first thought too.

TRM's rofl emoji at the end of the original post would have made it a mildly amusing dig at CL. 

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Couldn’t agree more, but it works both ways. So when we struggle against diddy teams we over react the other way. 

As for the players, I expect they still know they are in a battle and the Hamilton result on Wednesday hopefully refocused their minds

My hope, too. 

Would obviously have preferred a Hamilton loss at Ibrox but their win should, hopefully, have that effect. Tuesday was magnificent but we still have an awful lot to do. 

16 minutes ago, martoon said:

My hope, too. 

Would obviously have preferred a Hamilton loss at Ibrox but their win should, hopefully, have that effect. Tuesday was magnificent but we still have an awful lot to do. 

Absolutely. And if it was a choice between Stendel or Levein to lead us out of this mess it’s a no brainer for me. 

Would rather have the one that’s going about sorting the decline that we are in as opposed to wishing we still had the former one in place and who created it 👍

5 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Absolutely. And if it was a choice between Stendel or Levein to lead us out of this mess it’s a no brainer for me. 

Would rather have the one that’s going about sorting the decline that we are in as opposed to wishing we still had the former one in place and who created it 👍

The very thought of CL still being in his position(s) is terrifying. 😱

8 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Just wondering .....

for me, Stendel has decided to stop the piddling passing from keeper to defenders who are only 10 yards up the pitch. 

Dikamona replacing Soutter also appears to see our defence's primary aim now being to clear our lines first and foremost.

11 minutes ago, martoon said:

The very thought of CL still being in his position(s) is terrifying. 😱

Doesn’t bear thinking about in all honesty 

Like u said mate, it’s still a long way to go, and we have a whole lot to do, but we have dominated the last 2 games and have been much tighter at the back - including having the vermin in our back pocket 

We have momentum on our side. Treat every game from now and till the end of the season like a cup final, play with the same energy and discipline as the last 2 games, we will be fine 

I was in disbelief with the Hamilton result in all honesty but focusing on other results given where we are isn’t the right thing to do.

I’m sure Stendel and the players know this and will be focussed on making sure it doesn’t become an unnecessary distraction.

We just need to focus on winning the majority of our games and we will be fine. We can and we will do this. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t believe you were wondering that. I do believe you’ve thought of yet another way to poke a shitey stick in the hornets nest that is Craig Levein. 

And you Sir are spot on once again 👍

8 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Like u said mate, it’s still a long way to go, and we have a whole lot to do, but we have dominated the last 2 games and have been much tighter at the back - including having the vermin in our back pocket 

We have momentum on our side. Treat every game from now and till the end of the season like a cup final, play with the same energy and discipline as the last 2 games, we will be fine 

I was in disbelief with the Hamilton result in all honesty but focusing on other results given where we are isn’t the right thing to do.

I’m sure Stendel and the players know this and will be focussed on making sure it doesn’t become an unnecessary distraction.

We just need to focus on winning the majority of our games and we will be fine. We can and we will do this. 

Fancy doing the teamtalk tomorrow, bud. 👍😁

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Fancy doing the teamtalk tomorrow, bud. 👍😁

😂

If I was in the dressing room tomorrow the reality is I would probably just go to pieces ... as much as I would like to say I wouldn’t, haha  

I was confident that he would have an impact,as I said before we seen a massive improvement and if we look at the hard facts we have lost 2 in 11, one at Celtic park where we regularly lose even when we are flying.

Yes he has had to make concessions and firmed up the defence but that is the sign of a good coach not blindly sticking with something that isn't working and adapting to different situations. He has formed it to but we are still more attacking than at any point in the last 3 years. 

We have a good coach, he is now making an impact, we just need to keep the faith

23 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Excellent post. 

1 minute ago, Bozi said:

I was confident that he would have an impact,as I said before we seen a massive improvement and if we look at the hard facts we have lost 2 in 11, one at Celtic park where we regularly lose even when we are flying.

Yes he has had to make concessions and firmed up the defence but that is the sign of a good coach not blindly sticking with something that isn't working and adapting to different situations. He has formed it to but we are still more attacking than at any point in the last 3 years. 

We have a good coach, he is now making an impact, we just need to keep the faith

Look at the performances of bozanic and Damour in midweek as an example. Not ashamed to admit that I had personally written both of as duds at one point 

Now that they are being coached properly by coaches and a manager who understands the game it is making a huge difference to our situation 👍

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, martoon said:

It's unbelievable, eh? 😅

It’s just the usual pish from that poster about the loser.

51 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Look at the performances of bozanic and Damour in midweek as an example. Not ashamed to admit that I had personally written both of as duds at one point 

Now that they are being coached properly by coaches and a manager who understands the game it is making a huge difference to our situation 👍

Bozanic is playing exactly the same way he has always played . Industrious , team player . Probably , like Dikamona and others , signed as a squad player . Again , like Dikamona , worked hard never let the team down (despite what majority on here said) and has reaped the benefits .

Great left foot , at times . If he could reproduce Tuesday nights goal more often he wouldn't , of course , be playing for us !

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

I think Damour is one who could’ve taken the huff after the hibs game when he was pretty unceremoniously dropped but he’s obviously not done that. I don’t think he’s the greatest player but he’s now playing with some grit and determination. He was jumping about daft at the goals Tuesday night too. I know it’s probably a bit silly but I love to see that kind of thing from our players. Everyone celebrating the goals, I love it. 
Bozanic too seems to be another who’s head doesn’t seem to go down, he keeps looking for it even when he’s not had great games and has a cracking attitude. Seems to have a wee nose for a goal too, we’re crying out for that from our midfield. If you watch his goal again you’ll see he passes out to Moore and Damour shouts at him to get forward and well...the game was ours. 
Id personally written both off too btw. 

Edited by jack D and coke

13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I think Damour is one who could’ve taken the huff after the hibs game when he was pretty unceremoniously dropped but he’s obviously not done that. I don’t think he’s the greatest player but he’s now playing with some grit and determination. He was jumping about daft at the goals Tuesday night too. I know it’s probably a bit silly but I love to see that kind of thing from our players. Everyone celebrating the goals, I love it. 
Bozanic too seems to be another who’s head doesn’t seem to go down, he keeps looking for it even when he’s not had great games and has a cracking attitude. Seems to have a wee nose for a goal too, we’re crying out for that from our midfield. If you watch his goal again you’ll see he passes out to Moore and Damour shouts at him to get forward and well...the game was ours. 
Id personally written both off too btw. 

100% mate. Totally agree. Love to see that kind of thing as well. You look for signs, and no question that the squad is together, and playing for the gaffer. That’s obvious.

Even although I have backed Stendel from day dot I was getting a wee tad worried that he wouldn’t adapt or tweak the team tactics but he has shown that he can.

Even Naisy as well. On the bench, but celebrating the goal like he was playing in the game 

it’s what we need. A Wee 3 points tomorrow Would be a perfect end to this week ♥️

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

100% mate. Totally agree. Love to see that kind of thing as well. You look for signs, and no question that the squad is together, and playing for the gaffer. That’s obvious.

Even although I have backed Stendel from day dot I was getting a wee tad worried that he wouldn’t adapt or tweak the team tactics but he has shown that he can.

Even Naisy as well. On the bench, but celebrating the goal like he was playing in the game 

it’s what we need. A Wee 3 points tomorrow Would be a perfect end to this week ♥️

Huge game tomorrow. Massive. This could be so pivotal🙏🏼

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Bozanic is playing exactly the same way he has always played . Industrious , team player . Probably , like Dikamona and others , signed as a squad player . Again , like Dikamona , worked hard never let the team down (despite what majority on here said) and has reaped the benefits .

Great left foot , at times . If he could reproduce Tuesday nights goal more often he wouldn't , of course , be playing for us !

That’s Fair enough. I personally think that there are tell tale signs that some of our squad are playing a lot better after Stendel came in. Think it’s fair that he gets some credit for this.

There are others Sean Clare, Lewis Moore 

etc 

Edited by Hearts1975
Typo Apols

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Huge game tomorrow. Massive. This could be so pivotal🙏🏼

Big time. Going into the St Mirren game after a win and they will be bricking it.