We have another Cathro

Walter Kidd

13 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

The Levein  shit show started when he appointed a barely 30 year old manager with zero management experience to take control of the 3rd biggest club in the country. It continued when he took over as manager and finished 6th twice in a row while taking us to the bottom of the league this season. 

We have been absolutely murder since Nielsen left (a few games were good, granted). Its actually quite embarrassing the situation we've found ourselves in since Cathro was appointed. 

Robbie was 33 with zero management experience when he was appointed and did a cracking job, so it doesn't seem right to use the age and experience argument against Cathro. Cathro actually had quite a few years more coaching experience than Robbie and a great reputation, so it wasn't an obviously bad appointment by comparison. 

The problem was Cathro, not his age or lack of experience. 

Edited by Smithee

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 07/02/2020 at 22:39, Mr Elwood P said:

During Cathro's initial 10 games he had three big wins:

Hearts 4-0 Kilmarnock

Motherwell 0-3 Hearts 

Hearts 4-1 Rangers 

During Stendel's initial 9 games we've had one big win against Rangers and a Scottish Cup thrashing of Airdrie. The comparisons are entirely valid and worth discussion and debate. 

Cathro inherited a team 2nd/3rd in the league who had just beaten rangers. 

Stendel inherited Levein’s shambles. 

Absolutely no comparison

20 minutes ago, Dr Lager said:

Cathro inherited a team 2nd/3rd in the league who had just beaten rangers. 

Stendel inherited Levein’s shambles. 

Absolutely no comparison

:spoton:

Haven't been on JKB much the last few weeks, and spotted this thread last night. Read the first page or 2, left it, and it's bugged me ever since. Petty, but anyway, here's my take.

Stendel has brought in 4 players. FOUR! Not a new squad, he's brought in a quarter of a match day squad, of which one has struggled with injury and barely been seen. The vast majority of the squad were inherited by him, and are obviously still carrying some scarring from the previous management. There will be even bigger changes in the summer. I know it. But, as we seen with Cathro, too many changes in January can be even more detrimental to our season. He made some essential changes by getting rid of some serious deadwood, and he has bolstered our squad somewhat. They've certainly helped breathe a bit of fresh life into the squad, but are ultimately finding their own feet, especially as 2 of the new boys have never played in Britain.

I said before he was even appointed, that there's a degree of calculated risk with Stendel coming in when he did. I very much believed from day 1 that he is the right man for us and what we crave as a fanbase in the long term, but the truth is, he was never going to be able to work wonders and transform us overnight. In an ideal scenario, I wanted a Warnock-esque manager until the end of the season, with Stendel taking control immediately after. Jack Ross might've even been a good short term appointment, as he's got a track record of quickly transforming teams, but whether he gets the long term results is yet to be seen because he left Alloa and St Mirren after relatively short spells for a bigger job each time, and was sacked at Sunderland after only a season and a bit. He's never had 2 full seasons at one club. 

As anyone should know, Stendel's game is all about high press, intense and attacking football. A style which I am excited for, but I understand the virtue of patience in really seeing it shine through. You can't expect a team who had won 2 games all season prior to his appointment, to immediately start playing free-flowing, confident and expressive football. This season has been a complete right off for months. The cup is very much in our sights but the league has to be our bread and butter. We're not going to finish top 6, I honestly don't care if we finish 10th. As long as we don't go down. If we do, then yes, there's questions to be asked to an extent, because I still believe we have a squad that's too good, dare I say it, to go down. But, aside from that dreaded scenario, I won't question any of Herr Stendel's methods until next season.

We are bottom still, yes. We've only won once in the league under Stendel, yes. But we're scoring goals, and after Wednesday night, we've got a great oppurtunity to pick up a win or 2 that could be what we need to boost us into picking up a bit, and getting away from the trap doors. If you can't have the patience to let the man continue to build what he's building, then don't enjoy the fruits of his labour when it clicks. Because it will. It might not be this season, but it will click.

29 minutes ago, Locky said:

Haven't been on JKB much the last few weeks, and spotted this thread last night. Read the first page or 2, left it, and it's bugged me ever since. Petty, but anyway, here's my take.

Stendel has brought in 4 players. FOUR! Not a new squad, he's brought in a quarter of a match day squad, of which one has struggled with injury and barely been seen. The vast majority of the squad were inherited by him, and are obviously still carrying some scarring from the previous management. There will be even bigger changes in the summer. I know it. But, as we seen with Cathro, too many changes in January can be even more detrimental to our season. He made some essential changes by getting rid of some serious deadwood, and he has bolstered our squad somewhat. They've certainly helped breathe a bit of fresh life into the squad, but are ultimately finding their own feet, especially as 2 of the new boys have never played in Britain.

I said before he was even appointed, that there's a degree of calculated risk with Stendel coming in when he did. I very much believed from day 1 that he is the right man for us and what we crave as a fanbase in the long term, but the truth is, he was never going to be able to work wonders and transform us overnight. In an ideal scenario, I wanted a Warnock-esque manager until the end of the season, with Stendel taking control immediately after. Jack Ross might've even been a good short term appointment, as he's got a track record of quickly transforming teams, but whether he gets the long term results is yet to be seen because he left Alloa and St Mirren after relatively short spells for a bigger job each time, and was sacked at Sunderland after only a season and a bit. He's never had 2 full seasons at one club. 

As anyone should know, Stendel's game is all about high press, intense and attacking football. A style which I am excited for, but I understand the virtue of patience in really seeing it shine through. You can't expect a team who had won 2 games all season prior to his appointment, to immediately start playing free-flowing, confident and expressive football. This season has been a complete right off for months. The cup is very much in our sights but the league has to be our bread and butter. We're not going to finish top 6, I honestly don't care if we finish 10th. As long as we don't go down. If we do, then yes, there's questions to be asked to an extent, because I still believe we have a squad that's too good, dare I say it, to go down. But, aside from that dreaded scenario, I won't question any of Herr Stendel's methods until next season.

We are bottom still, yes. We've only won once in the league under Stendel, yes. But we're scoring goals, and after Wednesday night, we've got a great oppurtunity to pick up a win or 2 that could be what we need to boost us into picking up a bit, and getting away from the trap doors. If you can't have the patience to let the man continue to build what he's building, then don't enjoy the fruits of his labour when it clicks. Because it will. It might not be this season, but it will click.

Good post. Patience is the key here. It will take time to get things right in the park after the shambles that DS has been landed with.

Cathro vs Stendel!

i think the jury is currently out!

The defence and prosecution both made good arguments!

Perhaps the judge and jury need expert advice before making a decision ......... Craig Levein input??

After tonight his record will be 1 league win in 10 I think. Stendell has my vote of confidence but anyone who can spin that record into a positive is a magician.

2 wins in the cup. I really want the manager to succeed. No buts or maybes. Hopefully he proves me wrong and we remain in the premier league. Tonight is an inconsequence. Saturday is a 6 pointer for us as is our visit to St Mirren. 

He needs to sort the defence quickly. Then we will win more than we lose. 

If anyone thinks Cathro comes near Stendel for charisma, authority and know how in running a first team then you haven’t followed football for very long. 

been here before
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

As it stands, Stranraer are the only Scottish team from the 4 leagues to have won less games than us.

:vrface:

And since your pathetic little one Princess boycott began you've been to as many Stranraer games as Hearts.

"us"

:vrface:

Edited by been here before

On 10/02/2020 at 08:36, Locky said:

Very good post.

jack D and coke
On 08/02/2020 at 13:14, HMFC 86 said:

Levein lovers still beating the drum for their hero

On 08/02/2020 at 13:15, The Real Maroonblood said:

Amazing.

It’s absolutely sickening. Incredible actually. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

After tonight his record will be 1 league win in 10 I think. Stendell has my vote of confidence but anyone who can spin that record into a positive is a magician.

The biggest positive spin I can put on it is there are signs of going in the right direction. Sadly, not as quick as we'd like or need, but there are signs. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, if we can take points from Accies and St Mirren, we're on the up.

Under Cathro, I witnessed some of the worst performances from Hearts teams. A squad full of mercenaries who couldn't give a ****. Not even having a chance at goal, completely being over run. I remember in one of his first games, we were completely outplayed for 45 minutes by Partick Thistle with a certain Ryan Edwards running the show. We were very lucky to get a draw that day, and against a more clinical side, would've lost by 2 or 3.

Under Stendel, statto's could confirm that we've had a lot more possession and chances than under McPhee/Levein combined. We've put in some good shifts and been a bit unfortunate. I know stats mean **** all in the grand scheme of things if you don't win games, but it gives me the confidence to believe we will get there.

The football is better under Stendel but the results are not. I am really looking forward to watching this style on good pitches, under little pressure in August.

However if come 5pm on Saturday we are hearing the Hamilton manager comment that they knew they could get in behind us by blootering it long (as has happened in 4 out of 5 Stendel matches versus bottom 6 sides) then questions must be asked and genuine concern shown.

I don’t want the manager to completely abandon his philosophy but he must adapt and tweak to match the situation we find ourselves in. 

3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

However if come 5pm on Saturday we are hearing the Hamilton manager comment that they knew they could get in behind us by blootering it long (as has happened in 4 out of 5 Stendel matches versus bottom 6 sides) then questions must be asked and genuine concern shown.

What does Klopp do to avoid that? (Apart from having rather better players.)

Is it just about getting better at the pressing, thus cutting out most of those long balls?

19 minutes ago, Frankfurter said:

What does Klopp do to avoid that? (Apart from having rather better players.)

Is it just about getting better at the pressing, thus cutting out most of those long balls?

It's hard to comment because even at the bottom end of the PL, teams aren't all necessarily long ball sides. Bear in mind though, Liverpool were still fairly average in Klopp's first year or 2. As I've mentioned, all the facet's of Stendel's game will take time for players to truly become comfortable with. 

We've started scoring goals recently, 5 in our last 2 league games, but have sadly shipped 6. We're already adapting to playing on the front foot again, but we're struggling to deal with the combination of defending well, whilst attacking. Again, very much like Liverpool in Klopp's early days.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

If we stay up and that's his record in to the start of the 2020/21 season, I will want him binned.  If not, he has my full support.

He's inherited a squad he doesn't like, has made tiny changes to the squd, and we've already noticed the uplift in terms of performances after 2 months.  After the close season he'll have a bigger overhaul and then we can judge him more fairly in my opinion

Tonight is a free dig, have a go, just make sure we beat Hamilton and at least draw away at St Mirren and I reckon we're safe.

The football is less boring to watch since Stendel came in. People actually want to go to games rather than dread going. I've said since before he was appointed that if Stendel gets the gig he will need around 18 months to turn things around. I still stand by that. He has inherited a squad with next to no confidence. My only annoyance so far is that when Berra was moved on he wasn't replaced. A central defender was a priority, as was a keeper and striker. We've signed one striker which in itself is fine but we've not solved the defensive part of the team. There are plenty players out there who are unattached to any club so we should be looking at bringing in a central defender now, and a goalkeeper. Langer and Avdijaj could well be luxuries we could've done without. We have defensive midfielders and wide players in Damour, Irving and Bozanic, no need for Langer, and Meshino and Walker wide left, no need for Avdijaj. Some will say Damour isn't cutting it, maybe so, however he's on a very long contract and should be getting coached to hell and getting games. He is taking a wage for nothing right now. Avdijaj has had many clubs for one so young which is also a worry. Maybe working with Damour, Irving and Bozanic (Smith to a lesser extent) and lets not forget Sibbick here as well should've been a priority instead of getting Langer in. Same scenario with Walker and Meshino instead of bringing in Avdijaj. I'd have been happy with Boyce and Sibbick coming in and a central defender and keeper in instead of them. 

Edited by jambonian

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

The football is less boring to watch since Stendel came in. People actually want to go to games rather than dread going. I've said since before he was appointed that if Stendel gets the gig he will need around 18 months to turn things around. I still stand by that. He has inherited a squad with next to no confidence. My only annoyance so far is that when Berra was moved on he wasn't replaced. A central defender was a priority, as was a keeper and striker. We've signed one striker which in itself is fine but we've not solved the defensive part of the team. There are plenty players out there who are unattached to any club so we should be looking at bringing in a central defender now, and a goalkeeper. Langer and Avdijaj could well be luxuries we could've done without. We have defensive midfielders and wide players in Damour, Irving and Bozanic, no need for Langer, and Meshino and Walker wide left, no need for Avdijaj. Some will say Damour isn't cutting it, maybe so, however he's on a very long contract and should be getting coached to hell and getting games. He is taking a wage for nothing right now. Avdijaj has had many clubs for one so young which is also a worry. Maybe working with Damour, Irving and Bozanic (Smith to a lesser extent) and lets not forget Sibbick here as well should've been a priority instead of getting Langer in. Same scenario with Walker and Meshino instead of bringing in Avdijaj. I'd have been happy with Boyce and Sibbick coming in and a central defender and keeper in instead of them. 

Dont forget Sibbick is a central defender/full back.

DS sees him in midfield but he could easily play centre back if required. Certainly has the stature/ability for it from what we have seen so far.

2 hours ago, Rods said:

I cant believe Craig Levien post on Kickback and even starts his own threads.

He can also spell his name correctly.

On 10/02/2020 at 09:19, karipidis said:

Absolutely. Mr Elwood having a complete shocker. 

We've taken the lead, in 1 out of 9 Premiership matches under Stendel. At the same time we're apparently playing this high intensity attacking football. Under Levein we scored 10 goals in 11 Premiership matches. Under Stendel we have currently scored 9 goals in 9 Premiership matches. We've only won one game under each manager. Stendel has had the advantage of Walker, Naismith and Washington returning from injury. He has also had the benefit of the signing of Liam Boyce. I actually believe Stendel will be a success if he keeps us up and has a full pre season / summer window. However, the statistical comparison doesn't support the optimism shown towards Stendel or the negativity towards Levein. Literally nothing separates the records of each manager over the season.

Discuss ...

Edited by Mr Elwood P

20 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We've taken the lead, in 1 out of 9 Premiership matches under Stendel. At the same time we're apparently playing this high intensity attacking football. Under Levein we scored 10 goals in 11 Premiership matches. Under Stendel we have currently scored 9 goals in 9 Premiership matches. We've only won one game under each manager. Stendel has had the advantage of Walker, Naismith and Washington returning from injury. He has also had the benefit of the signing of Liam Boyce. I actually believe Stendel will be a success if he keeps us up and has a full pre season / summer window. However, the statistical comparison doesn't support the optimism shown towards Stendel or the negativity towards Levein. Literally nothing separates the records of each manager over the season.

Discuss ...

Don't go bringing facts into this.

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We've taken the lead, in 1 out of 9 Premiership matches under Stendel. At the same time we're apparently playing this high intensity attacking football. Under Levein we scored 10 goals in 11 Premiership matches. Under Stendel we have currently scored 9 goals in 9 Premiership matches. We've only won one game under each manager. Stendel has had the advantage of Walker, Naismith and Washington returning from injury. He has also had the benefit of the signing of Liam Boyce. I actually believe Stendel will be a success if he keeps us up and has a full pre season / summer window. However, the statistical comparison doesn't support the optimism shown towards Stendel or the negativity towards Levein. Literally nothing separates the records of each manager this season.

Discuss ...

Stats, eh? Look at the graph.

We scored 2 in Stendel's first 5 games.

We've scored 7 in his last 4 games.

i.e. Stendel came in when confidence and form was at rock bottom and since the turn of the year, perhaps he's had the chance to assess the shortcomings of the squad and tactics, and attempt to rectify it? Would that explain a degree of optimism? I'd certainly be worried if the graph was the other way round. Yes, he's had Liam Boyce - but Liam Boyce goes down as a Stendel signing. And I'm not one to bash Levein, but Stendel also seems to have signed a new player called Sean Clare.

2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Stats, eh? Look at the graph.

We scored 2 in Stendel's first 5 games.

We've scored 7 in his last 4 games.

i.e. Stendel came in when confidence and form was at rock bottom and since the turn of the year, perhaps he's had the chance to assess the shortcomings of the squad and tactics, and attempt to rectify it? Would that explain a degree of optimism? I'd certainly be worried if the graph was the other way round. Yes, he's had Liam Boyce - but Liam Boyce goes down as a Stendel signing. And I'm not one to bash Levein, but Stendel also seems to have signed a new player called Sean Clare.

We scored 8 in 4 under Levein at one point this season, which is why I analysed it over the full term of each manager.

Hearts have been trying to sign Liam Boyce for years. He is a current Northern Ireland international. Stendel is the least likely person to have signed Liam Boyce.

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We scored 8 in 4 under Levein at one point this season, which is why I analysed it over the full term of each manager.

Hearts have been trying to sign Liam Boyce for years. He is a current Northern Ireland international. Stendel is the least likely person to have signed Liam Boyce.

The full term of Stendel? Not really fair to judge him on the first few games - largely a hangover from his predecessor(s). Post winter break you can start to evaluate his influence. And not really fair to pick Levein's best 4-game run out of a season!

Re Boyce: that's why I said "goes down as" a Stendel signing. Trying to sign someone is all well and good, the point is, it didn't have to be Boyce, Levein came up short in terms of signing any out-and-out goalscorer (Naismith alone was clearly not enough).

43 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Discuss ...

Were you honestly expecting an immediate reaction from the players we had when Stendel took over? We had scored one goal in our previous 4 games and conceded 10 goals so I think the majority of fans have been focusing on the form after the winter break. Since then, we have lost 1 game and won 3.
Yes he has had additional players to pick from but Levein had a front four of Naismith, Washington, Walker and Uche at home to Ross County and we put in one of the most inept attacking performances I have seen. Also, Stendel signed Liam Boyce, do you think he would have signed under Levein? I have my doubts.

it is very naive to be comparing a managers stats when he has been in the job for 2 months to a guy who had been in the job for 2 and a half years. The reason people are optimistic with Stendel is the style of football is what we all want to see, he talks sense in pre and post match interviews, he has got rid of the majority of deadwood in the squad, and he has improved the performance of various squad members. I agree the last couple weeks have not been great and we have been poor defensively but that is easier to fix than not scoring goals. Who knows if Stendel will work out in the long term, but to write him off already or say he is the next Cathro is ridicolous. 

3 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

The full term of Stendel? Not really fair to judge him on the first few games - largely a hangover from his predecessor(s). Post winter break you can start to evaluate his influence. And not really fair to pick Levein's best 4-game run out of a season!

Re Boyce: that's why I said "goes down as" a Stendel signing. Trying to sign someone is all well and good, the point is, it didn't have to be Boyce, Levein came up short in terms of signing any out-and-out goalscorer (Naismith alone was clearly not enough).

Levein signed Naismith, Washington and Walker to score goals. All three were injured at the start of the season. I agree things do feel a lot more positive post winter break but the Kilmarnock result and Falkirk performance have dampened my enthusiasm. Damage limitation tonight and then we simply must go on some kind of winning run ...

24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Elwood when players such as Washington, Naismith, Walker, Clare, Halkett, and many more publicly come out and say they are enjoying training and games. 

Doesn't that speak volumes these players seem to be willing, and I hope in time if Stendel's gets it he is fully able to implement the style he wants to play. 

Some of these players seem to have had a new lease of life under Stendel. 

I know you like Levein and I won't disrespect him, but how many players can you honestly say, came out and said I really enjoy playing under Levein? 

Infact quite the opposite even players that were close to him like Prince, questioned his philosophy and way of tactics. 

Swanson came out in his press conference when he joined St Johnstone, I would rather play for a team that tries to win games, rather than a team that set's up not to lose one. 

Celtic is a free hit tonight if we get something from it great, our big game is the one on Saturday if he fails to win that then question him. 

3 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Were you honestly expecting an immediate reaction from the players we had when Stendel took over? We had scored one goal in our previous 4 games and conceded 10 goals so I think the majority of fans have been focusing on the form after the winter break. Since then, we have lost 1 game and won 3.
Yes he has had additional players to pick from but Levein had a front four of Naismith, Washington, Walker and Uche at home to Ross County and we put in one of the most inept attacking performances I have seen. Also, Stendel signed Liam Boyce, do you think he would have signed under Levein? I have my doubts.

it is very naive to be comparing a managers stats when he has been in the job for 2 months to a guy who had been in the job for 2 and a half years. The reason people are optimistic with Stendel is the style of football is what we all want to see, he talks sense in pre and post match interviews, he has got rid of the majority of deadwood in the squad, and he has improved the performance of various squad members. I agree the last couple weeks have not been great and we have been poor defensively but that is easier to fix than not scoring goals. Who knows if Stendel will work out in the long term, but to write him off already or say he is the next Cathro is ridicolous. 

Levein was in charge for almost exactly two years? Why would Boyce not sign for Levein? 

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Elwood when players such as Washington, Naismith, Walker, Clare, Halkett, and many more publicly come out and say they are enjoying training and games. 

Doesn't that speak volumes these players seem to be willing, and I hope in time if Stendel's gets it he is fully able to implement the style he wants to play. 

Some of these players seem to have had a new lease of life under Stendel. 

I know you like Levein and I won't disrespect him, but how many players can you honestly say, came out and said I really enjoy playing under Levein? 

Infact quite the opposite even players that were close to him like Prince, questioned his philosophy and way of tactics. 

Swanson came out in his press conference when he joined St Johnstone, I would rather play for a team that tries to win games, rather than a team that set's up not to lose one. 

Celtic is a free hit tonight if we get something from it great, our big game is the one on Saturday if he fails to win that then question him. 

The players are positive, the fans are positive but none of it has translated to winning more games or scoring more goals. That's my main point. We didn't get the anticipated new manager bounce and we're now in a worse league position. We are running out of games and the brilliant training sessions and fans singing Stendel's name has to translate into Heart of Midlothian winning football matches. That starts on Saturday, unless tonight we can pull off the biggest shock Scottish football has seen in many a year.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

So, a manager who led Hearts to consecutive 6th spots and whose managerial qualities led to the major decline in team performance is still being justified?

****ing unreal. 

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

So, a manager who led Hearts to consecutive 6th spots and whose managerial qualities led to the major decline in team performance is still being justified?

****ing unreal. 

:lol:

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Levein was in charge for almost exactly two years? Why would Boyce not sign for Levein? 

He was in charge from August 2017 - October 2019. Pretty much 2 full seasons and given plenty time in his 3rd season to be a success.

Would Boyce have taken a wage cut and joined a team who are bottom of the league who do not create many chances or score goals? I doubt it. 

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

****ing unreal. 

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

****ing unreal. 

Not justified, simply compared. How else would you measure the current Hearts manager, other than against their predecessor(s)? Every Hearts striker is compared and contrasted to John Robertson. Naturally Daniel Stendel will be compared to Ian Cathro and Craig Levein, as they held the managerial position directly before him.

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

He was in charge from August 2017 - October 2019. Pretty much 2 full seasons and given plenty time in his 3rd season to be a success.

Would Boyce have taken a wage cut and joined a team who are bottom of the league who do not create many chances or score goals? I doubt it. 

No chance has Boyce taken a wage cut. The chequebook was out. Before he arrived we hadn't scored many goals under Stendel so technically he did join a team bottom of the league and not scoring goals. 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Not justified, simply compared. How else would you measure the current Hearts manager, other than against their predecessor(s)? Every Hearts striker is compared and contrasted to John Robertson. Naturally Daniel Stendel will be compared to Ian Cathro and Craig Levein, as they held the managerial position directly before him.

We’ll compare in 2 years time then.

That way, we can close this ridiculous thread, probably started as a laugh !

I'm not impressed with what I've seen if I am honest, Rangers game aside.

I'm also not sure why so many are so desperate to defend him and sing his praises.

His record since coming in is appalling.

Captain Canada

It's never easy joining a team mid season. The timing of Stendel's appointment left him little time to work on the training ground between games while trying to revolutionise the style of play, lift morale and work on transfers. 

It's not just us that this has affected. Look at Spurs and Arsenal - they're hardly setting the Premier League alight after hiring new managers. Watford had an initial bounce but are back in the relegation places. 

It would appear we didn't learn anything from when Neilson left. 

There are clearly going to be twists and turns between now and May but Stendel should be judged then, not in mid-February. 

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

We’ll compare in 2 years time then.

That way, we can close this ridiculous thread, probably started as a laugh !

We don't have 2 years though, do we? Two more results like Kilmarnock and we might not be able to recover ...

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Walter Kidd said:

2 wins in the cup. I really want the manager to succeed. No buts or maybes. Hopefully he proves me wrong and we remain in the premier league. Tonight is an inconsequence. Saturday is a 6 pointer for us as is our visit to St Mirren. 

He needs to sort the defence quickly. Then we will win more than we lose. 

The drama queen has returned.

Just now, KingRudi51 said:

I'm also not sure why so many are so desperate to defend him and sing his praises.

We read it the first time

8 minutes ago, KingRudi51 said:

1 minute ago, KingRudi51 said:

2 minutes ago, KingRudi51 said:

1 minute ago, Blackshades said:

We read it the first time

That's one way to get the post count up ...

5 minutes ago, KingRudi51 said:

Yes but look at the dross he inherited. He's had to do a patch up job with what he could get in January as well as changing the mindset of a demotivated bunch of players that were so badly managed by the previous regime. 

He has come in, shifted out the stale rubbish that everyone could see needed to happen, made tough calls (Berra) but ultimately the right calls. 

There is no way we will go down this year. Tonight is a free hit but we will start to pick up points off Hamilton and St Mirren over the coming weeks playing as we are. Yes we will lose some silly goals while they adapt to the new style by my god its a revelation seeing us trying to play some football for the first time in about 2 years.