We have another Cathro

Walter Kidd

31 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The ‘Craig Levein shitshow’ tan from end of October 2018 to end of October 2019. During that time we still managed to get to a Scottish Cup semi final and final, a League Cup semi final and won twice at Easter Road. The league form was very poor but we still had the above positives to keep us going ...

😂😂😂 Comedy gold 

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The "Levein shitshow" started in 2014 when Ann allowed him to weisel his way into the club despite being a proven abject failure.

2014/15 season not a success? What was your objection to Levein being DOF in 2014? The first couple of years were an undeniable success.

14 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Right. So your option was to stick with CL?  

A manager who’s system fits the existing squad. I’m not confident that Stendel has enough time to turn around results and change our entire footballing philosophy  simultaneously. Stendel would have been the perfect appoint to make at the end of the season in May.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

2014/15 season not a success? What was your objection to Levein being DOF in 2014? The first couple of years were an undeniable success.

A manager who’s system fits the existing squad. I’m not confident that Stendel has enough time to turn around results and change our entire footballing philosophy  simultaneously. Stendel would have been the perfect appoint to make at the end of the season in May.

We should have employed a manager to fit around the under achieving players? Visionary!

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The same manager who's system with the existing squad saw our league form in terminal decline?

You make a fair point about Stendel, though.

Most of us probably have doubts about whether he'll be able to simultaneously change the philosophy and pull of the Houdini - given the shitfest he's walked in to - but I doubt very much he'd have been available come the end of may, especially if we were a freshly relegated Championship club.

9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The same manager who's system with the existing squad saw our league form in terminal decline?

You make a fair point about Stendel, though.

Most of us probably have doubts about whether he'll be able to simultaneously change the philosophy and pull of the Houdini - given the shitfest he's walked in to - but I doubt very much he'd have been available come the end of may, especially if we were a freshly relegated Championship club.

I didn’t say the same manager? I said ‘a manager’ . I initially wanted Stendel but very quickly changed my mind after the first few games. In hindsight a Jack Ross or Stephen Robinson would have provided a greater chance of survival. If we stay up we can look forward to a very positive 2020/21 season as I believe given time Stendel will come good. Unfortunately time is the one thing we don’t have.

Also worth noting that Stendel has Walker, Washington, Halkett, Souttar and Naismith all fit. 

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Oh your hero😍

There were a few prominent posters on here, who looked pretty stupid regarding their blind faith in Levein. Anyone with a bit of football knowledge realised at the end of last season we were going in the wrong direction and things were not getting better.

The prominent posters in question spent the summer doubling down on their blind faith in Levein, and anyone who disagreed was a “pant wetter” or a “hobo”. 

I think it damaged a few fragile egos on here went things went disastrously wrong this season under Levein. I think some of these posters low key want Stendel to fail as in their own head it will kinda validate their opinion on Levein.  

On a separate note there is not a hint of irony with these posters when criticising Stendel, even though they used to regularly talk down to or straight up insult anyone who criticised Levein after a full 2 seasons of poor performance.   

Ainsley Harriott
38 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The first two years were a success due to Robbie being a good coach. However his wastage via his crap recruitment was still sky high and hes pissed away tons of money. So I would say he also failed as a director of football.

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

In your opinion. More and more dissenting voices are now appearing. If we don’t win the next two league games the pressure becomes unreal.

In the entire boards opinion. 

:cornette:

44 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Can I ask what was our system under Craig?, and what was our footballing philosophy when Levein was DOF and manager?.

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

is it not 3 - 2 cup ties and a league match?

Ah good shout forgot about the Airdrie game. To be fair beating League 2 teams should not come into our thinking. Even Levein took care of League 2 teams. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Can I ask what was our system under Craig?, and what was our footballing philosophy when Levein was DOF and manager?.

It changed depending on the opposition. Ironically our biggest success under Levein came from playing the high press in the 4-0 win against Celtic!

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

to quote Willard from Apocalypse Now 'I don't see any method at all, sir'

3 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Ah good shout forgot about the Airdrie game. To be fair beating League 2 teams should not come into our thinking. Even Levein took care of League 2 teams. 

won 3 drawn 3 lost 1

Governor Tarkin
22 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I didn’t say the same manager? I said ‘a manager’ . I initially wanted Stendel but very quickly changed my mind after the first few games. In hindsight a Jack Ross or Stephen Robinson would have provided a greater chance of survival. If we stay up we can look forward to a very positive 2020/21 season as I believe given time Stendel will come good. Unfortunately time is the one thing we don’t have.

Also worth noting that Stendel has Walker, Washington, Halkett, Souttar and Naismith all fit. 

Aye, I'd noted that Stendel has Walker, Washington, Halkett, Souttar and Naismith all something that resembles fit, thanks.

You're probably right in that a Jack Ross or Stephen Robinson might've given us a better chance of staying up - or at least less of a harum-scarum ride until the end of the season.

I'm ultimately glad that we showed the balls to go and make such an imaginative appointment for a Scottish club out with the OF though, regardless of how this season pans out.

It's a reckless attitude but that's where the last three seasons of utterly depressing football has put me (the odd isolated game notwithstanding).

54 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think it was now or never with him in December though. If you'd waited while May I think he would have had more clubs to choose from.

People trying to make Neilson out to be a class manager 😂 he was ok, he got us promoted and I thank him for that. 

But let's he honest he was a puppet just like Cathro, it may have escaped everyone's attention, but people keep saying Stendel was a failure in the Champioship with Barnsley. 

Hold on a minute what did Robbie do at Mk dons? He was a failure honestly you couldn't write it 😂😂 yet some were wanting him as manager again. 

Christ, even stendel's post match interviews are a joy even when we've been poor. Looking at the positive whilst being realistic. There can't be a supporter missing Levein's depressing contributions where he made football sound like a ****ing ordeal. No wonder the players struggled with such negativity. More joy at an undertakers.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Aye, I'd noted that Stendel has Walker, Washington, Halkett, Souttar and Naismith all something that resembles fit, thanks.

You're probably right in that a Jack Ross or Stephen Robinson might've given us a better chance of staying up - or at least less of a harum-scarum ride until the end of the season.

I'm ultimately glad that we showed the balls to go and make such an imaginative appointment for a Scottish club out with the OF though, regardless of how this season pans out.

It's a reckless attitude but that's where the last three seasons of utterly depressing football has put me (the odd isolated game notwithstanding).

This for me. There’s no doubt a safer appointment or even Levein himself with injured players back would have won us a few more points by now, but fresh ideas were needed.

If Stendel has managed to (almost) unite fans behind him and change the whole mood while not playing especially well or winning much, imagine what he can do when we hit some form. 

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

People trying to make Neilson out to be a class manager 😂 he was ok, he got us promoted and I thank him for that. 

But let's he honest he was a puppet just like Cathro, it may have escaped everyone's attention, but people keep saying Stendel was a failure in the Champioship with Barnsley. 

Hold on a minute what did Robbie do at Mk dons? He was a failure honestly you couldn't write it 😂😂 yet some were wanting him as manager again. 

Neilson was a brilliant manager for Hearts. Robbie leaving for MK Dons was the downfall of the whole project ...

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don’t think it’s necessary to criticise everything Levein had a hand in.

Neilson was a great (and brave) appointment. He did very well. One if our best managers - in the league at least - considering his inexperience and lack of budget. He didn’t do so well in England, like many much more experienced managers who go down there.  

He’s doing a good job at Utd, again with a sporting director/dof. Far from that meaning hes a puppet, maybe like Klopp and many other managers, he’s just better with a Dof/sd.

Levein has done some good things. It’s ok to acknowledge that while recognising he failed as manager and shouldnt have taken the job in the first place.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This for me. There’s no doubt a safer appointment or even Levein himself with injured players back would have won us a few more points by now, but fresh ideas were needed.

If Stendel has managed to (almost) unite fans behind him and change the whole mood while not playing especially well or winning much, imagine what he can do when we hit some form. 

Ffs Levein had 2 years to win us points and couldn’t do it. He put us here. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Ffs Levein had 2 years to win us points and couldn’t do it. He put us here. 

Any more experienced (in Scotland) manager with all the players we now have back, plus a new signing or two (Levein always liked Boyce) would have won us a couple more points playing less open football, including Levein. Levein did quite well - or at least nowhere near as badly - with most of his best players fit, lets be honest here. Not defending him or wanting him back by the way.

Edited by ToqueJambo

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Any more experienced (in Scotland) manager with all the players we now have back, plus a new signing or two (Levein always liked Boyce) would have won us a couple more points playing less open football, including Levein. Levein did quite well - or at least nowhere near as badly - with most of his best players fit, lets be honest here. Not defending him or wanting him back by the way.

Don't see it myself. Since we're guessing, I d say we'd have lost to Rangers playing more conservatively, We may have drawn at Dingwall - no better. I'd think we'd have lost in Perth and lost 0-1 or 1-2 v Kilmarnock. So, 1 point from those 4 games. All just guesswork but players playing under the same 'system' and 'direction', whatever that was.

Edited by Riccarton3

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You could give Levein the Man City  team and he still lose to every team in Scotland except Hibs.

Berra said they were told to be more aggressive.Wow, team on slide asked to be more on the front foot, pressing opponents. As a poster alluded to above, we pressed Celtic, admittedly a chronic Celtic on the day, and were successful. Where did that go? We became utterly pedestrian and safe. Even with all these fit players back, we are still struggling because the players have been ponderous and directionless for MONTHS ahead of Stendel's appointment. 

Edited by Riccarton3

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Neilson was a brilliant manager for Hearts. Robbie leaving for MK Dons was the downfall of the whole project ...

Yeah 👍

56 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It changed depending on the opposition. Ironically our biggest success under Levein came from playing the never to be repeated high press in the 4-0 win against Celtic!

FTFY

33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don’t think it’s necessary to criticise everything Levein had a hand in.

Neilson was a great (and brave) appointment. He did very well. One if our best managers - in the league at least - considering his inexperience and lack of budget. He didn’t do so well in England, like many much more experienced managers who go down there.  

He’s doing a good job at Utd, again with a sporting director/dof. Far from that meaning hes a puppet, maybe like Klopp and many other managers, he’s just better with a Dof/sd.

Levein has done some good things. It’s ok to acknowledge that while recognising he failed as manager and shouldnt have taken the job in the first place.

Let's he honest mate I admired Levein as a football player 👍 but is it really necessary for him to still be here?, if Jon Daly can come to an amicable agreement, why can't Levein? any proper Hearts man would of held there hands up and admitted that they got it so wrong. 

He hasn't even apologised to the fans or the club, for putting us in the position we are in your entitled to your opinion mate let's leave it at that 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Let's he honest mate I admired Levein as a football player 👍 but is it really necessary for him to still be here?, if Jon Daly can come to an amicable agreement, why can't Levein? any proper Hearts man would of held there hands up and admitted that they got it so wrong. 

He hasn't even apologised to the fans or the club, for putting us in the position we are in your entitled to your opinion mate let's leave it at that 👍

I was defending Neilson. Very good manager.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah 👍

And? Probably the person considered our best manager lost 6-2 to them. A lot of things happened in the 2-2 game, not least losing our best striker the day before and half the team being injured for the last 30 mins.  The 1-0 loss was just that. The overreaction and treating it like it defines Neilson’s time at Hearts (why not remember him for skooshing the league with hibs and rangers in it instead?) is still embarrassing.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I was defending Neilson. Very good manager.

See what I posted above ^good managers don't surrender a 2 goal lead against their greatest rivals. then after the game turn around and say ah its okay its a great money spinner honestly. 

Good managers tell their teams to kill the game off, when the opportunity is there to do so. 

Guest ToqueJambo

See what I posted above ^good managers don't surrender a 2 goal lead against their greatest rivals. then after the game turn around and say ah its okay its a great money spinner honestly. 

Good managers tell their teams to kill the game off, when the opportunity is there to do so. 

Were you at the 2-2 game? We had half a team walking wounded and still very nearly snatched it at the death.

Players who would have been pulled iff would have been and replaced with fresh attacking legs but couldn’t be because two mire defensive players had been forced off earlier and wed used all our subs. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

There were a few prominent posters on here, who looked pretty stupid regarding their blind faith in Levein. Anyone with a bit of football knowledge realised at the end of last season we were going in the wrong direction and things were not getting better.

The prominent posters in question spent the summer doubling down on their blind faith in Levein, and anyone who disagreed was a “pant wetter” or a “hobo”. 

I think it damaged a few fragile egos on here went things went disastrously wrong this season under Levein. I think some of these posters low key want Stendel to fail as in their own head it will kinda validate their opinion on Levein.  

On a separate note there is not a hint of irony with these posters when criticising Stendel, even though they used to regularly talk down to or straight up insult anyone who criticised Levein after a full 2 seasons of poor performance.   

:greatpost:

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

And? Probably the person considered our best manager lost 6-2 to them. A lot of things happened in the 2-2 game, not least losing our best striker the day before and half the team being injured for the last 30 mins.  The 1-0 loss was just that. The overreaction and treating it like it defines Neilson’s time at Hearts (why not remember him for skooshing the league with hibs and rangers in it instead?) is still embarrassing.

I do remember that as I said above I thanked him for getting us out the championship, we were always a strong team at home, away from home we were mince👍

Guest ToqueJambo

I do remember that as I said above I thanked him for getting us out the championship, we were always a strong team at home, away from home we were mince👍

He was pretty average away if you look at his actual record, and again considering his inexperience he did very well.

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You are fast becoming the most boring, repetitive and negative poster on here.

You have totally isolated yourself with your continued support of Levein, which is at the expense of supporting our current manager.

Your attitude is pretty appalling. If you attend games, please stop. We really don’t need your negativity.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

You have totally isolated yourself with your continued support of Levein, which is at the expense of supporting our current manager.

Your attitude is pretty appalling. If you attend games, please stop. We really don’t need your negativity.

This.

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Sheer arrogance to tell someone to stop attending games. I’ve been repetitive as I keep getting quoted and asked similar to questions. Surely you could have worked that out yourself?

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

We’ve seen this behaviour before on here. Basically slate the new manager/player with a few caveats, if he’s good then refer everyone to the caveats, if he’s crap tell JKB you were right all along. It’s weird social media age behaviour.

Edited by Rudy T

3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The ‘Craig Levein shitshow’ tan from end of October 2018 to end of October 2019. During that time we still managed to get to a Scottish Cup semi final and final, a League Cup semi final and won twice at Easter Road. The league form was very poor but we still had the above positives to keep us going ...

We got a free pass to the final and he blew it by fielding Berra and Bobby in the same side. Everyone knew Berra was a liability back then. I could’ve managed us with the same results. How can you continually defend him when he’s spunked  away hundreds of thousands? Long term deals for below average players ffs. Give your love in with the previous manager a rest as it’s becoming tiresome. 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

18 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Sheer arrogance to tell someone to stop attending games. I’ve been repetitive as I keep getting quoted and asked similar to questions. Surely you could have worked that out yourself?

Can’t beat a bit faux outrage 😂😂

The irony of that comment is incredible given you are one of the most arrogant posters on here.

You attempt to come over as intelligent yet - by your own admission - you keep getting reeled in on the same argument. Do yourself a favour, just stop. Levein was a footballing dinosaur who let his ego get in the way of sensible decision making. You’ll not change anyone’s mind on that.

3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The Levein  shit show started when he appointed a barely 30 year old manager with zero management experience to take control of the 3rd biggest club in the country. It continued when he took over as manager and finished 6th twice in a row while taking us to the bottom of the league this season. 

We have been absolutely murder since Nielsen left (a few games were good, granted). Its actually quite embarrassing the situation we've found ourselves in since Cathro was appointed. 

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Can’t beat a bit faux outrage 😂😂

The irony of that comment is incredible given you are one of the most arrogant posters on here.

You attempt to come over as intelligent yet - by your own admission - you keep getting reeled in on the same argument. Do yourself a favour, just stop. Levein was a footballing dinosaur who let his ego get in the way of sensible decision making. You’ll not change anyone’s mind on that.

How does one, ‘attempt to come over as intelligent’ ?

Surely it's in everyone's best interests to actually get behind the club and Stendel, during this difficult period rather than slate the club and Stendel for ****sake. 

I beginning to wonder if people seriously want to see us relegated, just to say told you so fecking pathetic,call yourselves Hearts supporters man embarrassing. 

Do people really want us to be playing Championship football next season?, we have been through the shit and back and survived before why, because in my opinion we have the best fans in the world.

when this club was on it's knees and time's were looking dark how did we get by? By being defiant Heart of Midlothian football club and all sticking together and taking the blows that came along. 

Just like this man says in this video this is a call to arms 

The club needs us all Now!!!.

And we are going nowhere without one hell of a fight!!. 

**** this is I'm out, cut me open and I bleed maroon. 

Bongo 1874. 

Edited by Bongo 1874