We have another Cathro

Walter Kidd

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I know it’s not the point you are arguing but we wouldn’t have finished 6th this season. We have been in persistent relegation form for over a year. Since the league cup final last year we’ve been horrific. Quite what you expect, by the way of a turnaround, after a couple of months escapes me. Your reasoning is frankly bizarre, and the more reasonable arguments you face the more ridiculous your opinion gets. 

We’ve been in relegation form for 12 months. The new manager has come in and the form hasn’t changed at all. Performances have but we’ve won 1 out of 9 league games, while maintaining our recent exceptional record in cup competitions.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Which part of 6th is better than 12th do you find delusional? Seems pretty sound logic to me. 

Because you are comparing Levein with Levein (6th to 12th). Stendel has came in trying to save a sinking ship. 

I honestly don’t believe that you have fully considered the damage done prior to Stendel arriving. 

The impact of having to learn a new tactic mid season. Not having any pre seasons or multiple recruitment drives that Levein had. Having to inherit a squad that was Leveins squad. Having to inherit a team short of confidence. Having to inherit a team shit scared to go and win a game. Having to change the mentality of winners vs losers. Having to tell the team captain mid point that he isn’t good enough and also some key players that they aren’t vs the impact on the rest of the squad at a critical time. Having to wait to get his own coaches in until recently. 

Theres more, much more, but you bash on with your reasoned objectivity 👍

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We’ve been in relegation form for 12 months. The new manager has come in and the form hasn’t changed at all. Performances have but we’ve won 1 out of 9 league games, while maintaining our recent exceptional record in cup competitions.

There’s no way I can argue with your statistic. We’ve lost one game in 6 which included games against Aberdeen and rangers. That’s also not debatable.

I’m not saying everything in the garden is rosy but I am saying there are good points as well as bad. There are signs that we are turning things round and signs that we’re going to struggle. A wee bit balance to your argument wouldn’t go amiss. You were the first to call out people for slating levein yet you hold one of the most one sided views in the forum. 

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Because you are comparing Levein with Levein (6th to 12th). Stendel has came in trying to save a sinking ship. 

I honestly don’t believe that you have fully considered the damage done prior to Stendel arriving. 

The impact of having to learn a new tactic mid season. Not having any pre seasons or multiple recruitment drives that Levein had. Having to inherit a squad that was Leveins squad. Having to inherit a team short of confidence. Having to inherit a team shit scared to go and win a game. Having to change the mentality of winners vs losers. Having to tell the team captain mid point that he isn’t good enough and also some key players that they aren’t vs the impact on the rest of the squad at a critical time. Having to wait to get his own coaches in until recently. 

That just comes across as hysterical nonsense. A team scared to win, who made it to three consecutive semi finals? The massive changes required for Stendel’s system are my main gripe. Trying to implement them, mid season, while already entrenched in a relegation battle, is a very dangerous plan. It may work and I hope it does but we are in very real danger. If we steady the ship I believe Stendel’s going to be great success next season but it can very much go either way just now.

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If by your own admission we have been in relegation form for 12 months and this went through your head why then did you support Craigie boy for all that time and even now?

Geoff Kilpatrick
15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Which part of 6th is better than 12th do you find delusional? Seems pretty sound logic to me. 

Stop hankering after the blessed Levein. He's gone.

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

If by your own admission we have been in relegation form for 12 months and this went through your head why then did you support Craigie boy for all that time and even now?

I was quoting the poster I was replying to ...

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I’m still gutted about Neilson leaving and don’t get me started on Neil McCann. Broke my heart when he went to Rangers.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There’s no way I can argue with your statistic. We’ve lost one game in 6 which included games against Aberdeen and rangers. That’s also not debatable.

I’m not saying everything in the garden is rosy but I am saying there are goos points as well as bad. There are signs that we are turning things round and signs that we’re going to struggle. A wee bit balance to your argument wouldn’t go amiss. You were the first to call out people for slating levein yet you hold one of the most one sided views in the forum. 

That was balanced. I acknowledged Stendel’s exceptional Scottish Cup form. He’s probably the only manager in our history not to concede a goal on the competition? Hopefully we can maintain that until May and stay up as well.

That was balanced. I acknowledged Stendel’s exceptional Scottish Cup form. He’s probably the only manager in our history not to concede a goal on the competition? Hopefully we can maintain that until May and stay up as well.

Ok. Thanks for your response. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That just comes across as hysterical nonsense. A team scared to win, who made it to three consecutive semi finals? The massive changes required for Stendel’s system are my main gripe. Trying to implement them, mid season, while already entrenched in a relegation battle, is a very dangerous plan. It may work and I hope it does but we are in very real danger. If we steady the ship I believe Stendel’s going to be great success next season but it can very much go either way just now.

Hardly hysterical 

I’ll give you that, it isn’t an ideal time to be system tinkering and the players to learn a new tactic especially when it’s this tactic or nothing 

Let’s go back a bit. AB and the club obviously held out for Stendel when they appointed him. Stendel plays football one way and one way only. The Club and AB would know this from their research.

They still appointed him and probably to bring a brand of football to Tynecastle that would get the fans on their feet, and most importantly, engaged again 

She would also know the risks involved but has weighed up risk vs reward in the long term 

I am fizzing at the waste that we have went through especially the last 3 years

i am not about to give up on the potential that we could be turned into a very good side potent in attack and solid in defence 

Are we there yet - nowhere near it 

Does this mean it won’t happen. Not immediately, but I still have faith that it will 

A vision ..... a Stendel & Levein combo .... a wining combination .... delivering results for Hearts!

Stendel & Levein delivering results and trophies 🏆 in Gorgie ..

. H-E-A-R-T-S ...

22 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Not for good. That’s where the anyurism comes into play.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

£10k donation to FOH says you are an arse though, jake. Take the bet; pay up or shut up!

🙃👍

Disnae take 10 g to prove that bud.

Point taken though.

24 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

BUT not forgotten .... ever!!

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

A vision ..... a Stendel & Levein combo .... a wining combination .... delivering results for Hearts!

. H-E-A-R-T-S ...

Your bed is shouting on you bruv.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Your bed is shouting on you bruv.

It is it is it is it is ...

“Craig Levein is a football genius!!”

32 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

. H-E-A-R-T-S ...

But it's not autumn.

Have you froze them?

57 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Leveins own words after St Johnstone away were the boys were scared to go forward.

Yes you have nutmegged me with the 10 grand bet.

But by fek you are still slavering shite.

What would be your preferred way forward?

Please please tell me it's not what was happening.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

£10k donation to FOH says you are an arse though, jake. Take the bet; pay up or shut up!

🙃👍

You see where I'm coming from now?

Geoff Kilpatrick
44 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It is it is it is it is ...

“Craig Levein is a football genius!!”

:cornette:

6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So you would have preferred to persevere with Leven? 

been here before
9 hours ago, jake said:

But I apologise for the hibs stuff.

You'll do it again to someone soon though. Its your default comeback when you find someone who disagrees with you.

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, jake said:

Disnae take 10 g to prove that bud.

Point taken though.

:D

Knew you'd take it in good spirits, Jake. 👍

10 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

10 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Two opposing views, but I agree with alot of what you both say. 

I was a Levein backer, but it's clear now he had no idea how to turn us around in the league. I think the issue was more to do with psychology, loyalty and stubbornness than talent and effort on the squad. We were going down. His tactics and selections didn't work. We did better in cups when the pressure was off an otherwise decent squad. 

These issues can't be fixed quickly, and definitely not in the January window. Stendel continues to work with a squad mostly bereft of confidence, but who appear to be enjoying the change. For me, Stendel rolled the dice when he had nothing to lose. 

Personally, I think we'll finish 11th at best. We're in trouble, and its the away games post split that'll undo us. St Mirren will finish bottom, Hamilton will do what Hamilton do. That gives us a two legged cup final late May.

If we get through that, I've seen enough of Stendel to think next season will be a whole lot better. 

Edited by blairdin

Brauhauser2012

We cleared the debt and at the end of April will be majority owners of our club. Then money will be available for players. We are coming up to a tipping point. 

Edited by Brauhauser2012

11 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You are having an absolute nightmare on this thread.

:greggy:

2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

You are having an absolute nightmare on this thread.

:greggy:

In your opinion. More and more dissenting voices are now appearing. If we don’t win the next two league games the pressure becomes unreal.

21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

In your opinion. More and more dissenting voices are now appearing. If we don’t win the next two league games the pressure becomes unreal.

Really?

Next game is against Celtic so if we don't win there the pressure will be unreal?? Ha ha you are just trying to stir things up for DS ,despite your protestations otherwise.

Still holding a torch for CL I think😍

Anyway you like your comparisons, so please list the CL wins at Darkheid( Parkhead just in case you try to avoid) as manager.

More and more dissenting voices = Mr JF - you have a natural talent for the melodramatic.

Many thanks.

Just now, merrymac said:

Really?

Next game is against Celtic so if we don't win there the pressure will be unreal?? Ha ha you are just trying to stir things up for DS ,despite your protestations otherwise.

Still holding a torch for CL I think😍

Anyway you like your comparisons, so please list the CL wins at Darkheid( Parkhead just in case you try to avoid) as manager.

More and more dissenting voices = Mr JF - you have a natural talent for the melodramatic.

Many thanks.

Two games after Parkhead I meant. The games against St Mirren and Hamilton. 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Two games after Parkhead I meant. The games against St Mirren and Hamilton. 

Not what you said though eh? 

For someone who quickly pounces on other posters a bit of a schoolboy error there

3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Not what you said though eh? 

For someone who quickly pounces on other posters a bit of a schoolboy error there

Well hopefully the Clyde game is postponed and it will be our next two games, as previously stated!

2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

This thread is ****ing chronic. Arseholes and idiots galore.

You’ve not really added anything there. We’ve actually had some good debate, in amongst the childishness ...

Edited by Mr Elwood P

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Well hopefully the Clyde game is postponed and it will be our next two games, as previously stated!

You’ve not really added anything there. We’ve actually had some good debate, in amongst the childishness ...

Good that you are at least aware of the levels of your contribution,

Little steps etc

38 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You're a troll and a half

7 minutes ago, kila said:

You're a troll and a half

I’m not though. I’m a genuine Hearts fan, with genuine concerns about our final league position this season. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’m not though. I’m a genuine Hearts fan, with genuine concerns about our final league position this season. 

When did these genuine concerns begin?

Just now, Redhelen said:

When we lost our first four games under Stendel, two against relegation rivals ...

2 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Aye not during the years and months of the CL shitshow though.He was very supportive of our previous manager.

Suddenly a new manager is appointed and he is genuinely concerned after 4 games

You could,nt make it up.

annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Aye not during the years and months of the CL shitshow though.He was very supportive of our previous manager.

You could,nt make it up.

This. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

When we lost our first four games under Stendel, two against relegation rivals ...

We’ve lost 1 game in 7. 😂😂

9 minutes ago, merrymac said:

You could,nt make it up.

The ‘Craig Levein shitshow’ tan from end of October 2018 to end of October 2019. During that time we still managed to get to a Scottish Cup semi final and final, a League Cup semi final and won twice at Easter Road. The league form was very poor but we still had the above positives to keep us going ...

The ‘Craig Levein shitshow’ tan from end of October 2018 to end of October 2019. During that time we still managed to get to a Scottish Cup semi final and final, a League Cup semi final and won twice at Easter Road. The league form was very poor but we still had the above positives to keep us going ...

Oh your hero😍

We’ve won 1 league game in 9!

Amazing that your prefer to highlight the negative stat

:levein_interesting:

Ainsley Harriott
17 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The "Levein shitshow" started in 2014 when Ann allowed him to weisel his way into the club despite being a proven abject failure.

36 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Right. So your option was to stick with CL?