We have another Cathro

Walter Kidd

Just now, kimosavi said:

This 

Stendel has my full backing

He's brought 4 players into a sea of shite. I'm all for the high pressing but we need to defend

That huddy Perreira needs punted 

How many of the four played tonight? 

there’s a thread praising budge and backing him.

how the **** can any decent manager see that we need a new goalie?  

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, kimosavi said:

This 

He's brought 4 players into a sea of shite. I'm all for the high pressing but we need to defend

We don’t have the full backs, keeper, centre backs, centre mids or centre forwards to play his system. Instead of playing actual footballers like Meshino and Walker, he plays runners like Henderson / Moore.

nathan brittles

I watched the game tonight and for 10 minutes from the kick off I thought our play was terrific but it becomes evident that high press needs a telling final ball or shot.So it gradually becomes clear that a ball beyond our wing backs will create opportunities for a good Killie attack. 

It is ridiculous to compare these tactics with Cathro but maybe we cannot afford to expect that two centre backs can defend half the pitch and maybe we cannot afford to field so many youngsters  

3 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

This 

He has your full backing based on one win? One win?  

Can you explain why exactly?  Because the games aren’t boring losing? He can’t put out a team to win games. He couldn’t for Barnsley either in a decent league. 

celtic away next too, how many games in the league will that be winning one? 

“aye Killie are shite, they will come back to us” really?

”St Johnstone are pish we will catch them”. Should have lost on sat and they just win in Aberdeen.

madness man. 

Edited by Last Laff

SuperstarSteve

I think stendel style will come together. It definitely needs tweaking, I’m no writing him off yet. 

2nd goal was shambles and left Joel massively unprotected. High press is risky business but It can work. We just need to get right. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

I must admit, I'm beginning to wonder if he's a one trick pony.  Either that or our players are just as thick as shite.

Killie just swamped the middle of the final third and we repeatedly tried to play right through them even though it patently wasn't working.  It only changed in the last 5 or 10 minutes when we were just pumping balls in.

Pushing the full backs up so high that it leaves us 2 on 2 every time they break also scares the shit out of me.

The continual selection of that bombscare in goals is utterly baffling too.  As is Henderson & Moore's.

Jury's out for me.

Edited by Le Chat

Nelly Terraces

Sadly results don't lie. People talking about performances are talking out their arse, we need to dig the **** in & battle in games. Tonight we were like a wet teabag.

1 point from the likes of St J & Killie should absolutely have the alarm bells ringing for everyone connected with HMFC. Relegation is real possibility.

6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

How did he not have a proper transfer window?

The injuries out was the excuse now the defence is a mess?

we are in deep deep shit.  Everyone thinking we would pump Killie by two or three based on **** all.  When do people wake up? Stendel has won one league game as his time as manager.  That’s a ****ing shocking statistic. 

Exactly and is making one glaringly bad decision game after game with the GK. 

Ex member of the SaS

You can't blame Stendel for professional players who can't play for 90 minutes, players that can't pass to a team mate or players that stand flat footed on the edge of the box when the ball is played to them./ all of which happened tonight.

1 hour ago, Walter Kidd said:

He’s a dud. Here comes the championship. It’s taken 3 weeks for coaches to suss Stendel out and he’s clueless. 

Even Cathro took 4 off Rangers. 

Why don’t you just £#@& OFF 

1 minute ago, nathan brittles said:

I watched the game tonight and for 10 minutes from the kick off I thought our play was terrific but it becomes evident that high press needs a telling final ball or shot.So it gradually becomes clear that a ball beyond our wing backs will create opportunities for a good Killie attack. 

It is ridiculous to compare these tactics with Cathro but maybe we cannot afford to expect that two centre backs can defend half the pitch and maybe we cannot afford to field so many youngsters  

Agree. The problem is, being bottom of the league isn’t a great time to experiment. 

He’s bringing in a system which could actually be really effective for Hearts in the SPL but the squad isn’t competent enough yet.  Killie aren’t a bad side. They were clever in moments that exposed us on the break. 

I still don’t think our full backs are that great in both attack or defence. Plenty endeavour but lack a decent final ball or the ability to get round the back of defences on the overlap.  

It would be madness to condemn Stendel at this stage. However, he must find a way to tighten up our defence. Opposition Managers are finding ways to beat our press. Someone said Kilmarnocks press was better than ours!

He is certainly not helped by having a calamity of a Goalkeeper not seen since Craig Nelson!!

He is a clever guy, but he must find a way to stop leaking soft goals to bottom 6 teams so easily, or it will be our downfall.

Don”t think he’s anything like Cathro, and I don’t think we’ll be relegated.  Think a few of our players need games to get up to speed.  We’ve got a serious goalkeeping crisis, but there’s plenty to be positive about too.

I’m actually enjoying going to games again.  Tonight’s a set back, but we can bounce right back in the cup on Saturday, then it’s a free hit at Parkhead before the biggest three games of the season.

I’d say judge Stendel after the games v Hamilton, St Mirren and Hibs.

HardcoreJambo

We got a freak result against The Rangers who tbh had plenty of chances to score against us on the day. We are utter shite. Not good enough. 

Its far too premature for us to get on Stendels back but the early signs are not promising. Usually when a new manager is appointed you go through a honeymoon period. Not with Stendel. Langer was god awful today IMO today. And overall i've been completely underwhelmed by all the new signings apart from Boyce. There is amazingly a part of me that is wondering whether we should have stuck with Levein.

The defence has been leaking goals like crazy under Stendel. We don't have players capable or good enough to play Stendel's football philosophy/style. Today was as painful as its been to watch. We are seriously in deep deep shit. We are still bottom of the table and with each passing week its becoming more and more likely we will be relegated. My biggest concern is that the likes of St Mirren and Hamilton will fight for everything and know how to compete in a relegation battle. We don't have that fight or desire and are not used to this scenario. I honestly believe we will be competing in the Championship next season and I'm not sure if Stendel is the man to bring us back up. Like Heckingbottom, I think he may have underestimated the SPL and has signed players that suggest that. Its been incredibly depressing times watching Hearts for the past several years but this is a whole new low.

Edited by HardcoreJambo

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

It would be madness to condemn Stendel at this stage. However, he must find a way to tighten up our defence. Opposition Managers are finding ways to beat our press. Someone said Kilmarnocks press was better than ours!

He is certainly not helped by having a calamity of a Goalkeeper not seen since Craig Nelson!!

He is a clever guy, but he must find a way to stop leaking soft goals to bottom 6 teams so easily, or it will be our downfall.

Honestly think I’d like to see Dikamona back in. He played well with Halkett v Aberdeen and we seemed much tighter in that game. 

30 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Stendel is a football manager. He isn’t the messiah 

you keep walking round poking at stuff with your white stick but I’ll tell you clearly that project Levein has utterly destroyed our club from top to bottom and unfortunately if Stendel can’t get this right in 6 months he will end up being the scapegoat amongst some clueless idiots in our support 

Your included pal. Just do one. 

I wouldn't blame stendel,, it's the shite levein brought in 

That's put us here, we all know that , but our season starts next week v tic and more importantly hamilton , we dont beat Hamilton " wel be 2 thirds of the way down ,,  I admit theres been a lot of hype surrounding stendel "  many fans seeing him as a messiah ?  But hes a human being,  and needs his players to make a few breaks for him on the pitch....otherwise it wouldn't matter who was our manager......

3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Sadly results don't lie. People talking about performances are talking out their arse, we need to dig the **** in & battle in games. Tonight we were like a wet teabag.

1 point from the likes of St J & Killie should absolutely have the alarm bells ringing for everyone connected with HMFC. Relegation is real possibility.

I'll be very surprised if we avoid it tbh.  Hamilton and those other shitbiscuits will scrap their way to points while we struggle to break sitting teams down whilst gifting goals on the break.

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Honestly think I’d like to see Dikamona back in. He played well with Halkett v Aberdeen and we seemed much tighter in that game. 

And, lets face it, Souttar was rank tonight, maybe the worst in maroon. 

6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Need to do something different as Pereira, with Souttar and Halkett in front is a disaster just now.

It has to be said there is zero protection from midfield right now.

When is Smith back?

There are issues, surely no one can disagree with that. 

I like him and has time from me. Remember when managers used to get more than 2 months and 3 signings before folk wanted them sacked? 

It's a big ask to change this squad in January considering the form for the prior 12 months. 

However, as soon as the ball goes loose in midfield we are vulnerable. Don't think we're doing Souttar and Halkett any favours by being so open. It's basically 2 on 2 when they break. 

Langer doesn't look any different to what we have in midfield already. 

If we're going to need to score 3/4 goals to get something from a game, we're in trouble.

I also don't like Naismith dropping into midfield, waste of a very good player. 

The players he's brought in have made us a better. We're scoring goals and going to games is enjoyable again.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Souttar needs time to get back to match sharpness. We still have Hickey, Smith and Sibbick that could come into the team that played tonight. And hopefully we find a goalkeeper who's capable of keeping the ball out of the net.

It's ridiculous to compare him to Cathro. Cathro came in when we were challenging at the top end of the table and had a squad that was relatively settled and on-form. Stendel has come in with us bottom and absolutely rudderless.

There have been positive signs and I'm certain we'll get better when we get more comfortable with the system.

2 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

There are issues, surely no one can disagree with that. 

I like him and has time from me. Remember when managers used to get more than 2 months and 3 signings before folk wanted them sacked? 

It's a big ask to change this squad in January considering the form for the prior 12 months. 

However, as soon as the ball goes loose in midfield we are vulnerable. Don't think we're doing Souttar and Halkett any favours by being so open. It's basically 2 on 2 when they break. 

Langer doesn't look any different to what we have in midfield already. 

If we're going to need to score 3/4 goals to get something from a game, we're in trouble.

I also don't like Naismith dropping into midfield, waste of a very good player. 

It will be 2 months next week and he’s had three signings. 

1 win in 8 and apart from Boyce I have that all too familiar feeling he has brought in a bunch of nobodies that are not going to cut it in the SPL. 

I just don’t know now. 

He needs to come up with a plan B. All these team around us know how to pick up points here and there ugly, we need to do the same.

The 3 times Kilmarnock threatened, they scored, only the second I would attribute to the system he wants us to play.

First was a poorly defended corner where the Killie players were more determined to win the ball, 2nd was a disaster between defence and goalie and third went straight through the goalie after defence invited the shot.

Basic mistakes cost us tonight more than any system imo. The system does need tweeting though along with starting 3 youngsters.

We are being punished for every mistake, Killie offered nothing else, they didn't need to.

Edited by Gambo

It should have been ten
4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

This 

I don’t know who to blame - Stendel?The players? The pitch? The referee? 
All I know is I am in shock over that performance where we made an ordinary Killie look like Real Madrid!
I never saw that coming tonight but feck me we are in the shit.

So feckin depressing! 

3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Dearly ****. A “rolls royce” of a player according to some.😬

I do have some sympathy, as I said at the weekend, in the way the defence are being left exposed time and again but it doesn’t excuse his use of the ball and erratic decisions.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

****ing behave yourself, he was always up against it trying to fix Leveins mess.

Hmmmm.....

Yes and no. He failed to correct glaring issues from Saturday. **** all to do with Levein. That card won't get us anywhere 

Tynecastlesmychurch

**** off you absolute waster! Cathro took over when we were in the top 3 and well in the race to finish second. Our current manager has inherited a mess a bloated and imbalanced squad that not only couldn’t score but couldn’t keep them out at the opposite end either. We have three keepers on the books all duds and all signed by CL that’s what cost us tonight our keeper. Not the manager that has actually improved us. People really need to calm down we always knew this was going to be a tough fight. We’re in a relegation battle we’ve been on the slide for over a year. The manager is in the door less than 2 months and some of you are writing him off already? Pray do tell all you Peps and Klops who do you think could do a better job in our current circumstances? 

Honestly the stupidity and fickleness of some on here never fails to astound me. 

By the way guys we’ll probably take a doing at Celtic next week too. Just warning the faint hearted amongst us.

24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We don’t have the full backs, keeper, centre backs, centre mids or centre forwards to play his system. Instead of playing actual footballers like Meshino and Walker, he plays runners like Henderson / Moore.

The selection of Moore/Henderson with Washington/Walker on bench is more of a problem than the system imo.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The 3 times Kilmarnock threatened, they scored, only the second I would attribute to the system he wants us to play.

First was a poorly defended corner where the Killie players were more determined to win the ball, 2nd was a disaster between defence and goalie and third went straight through the goalie after defence invited the shot.

Basic mistakes cost us tonight more than any system imo.

We are being punished for every mistake, Killie offered nothing else, they didn't need to.

Fact is, its ridiculously easy to turn defence into attack. 

I counted at least 3 tackles breaking balls not even passes, that got behind our midfield and full backs. 

Its one thing slaughtering the centre backs,  but they have nothing in front and nothing behind. 

Exposure that ruins confidence 

It should have been ten
4 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

**** off you absolute waster! Cathro took over when we were in the top 3 and well in the race to finish second. Our current manager has inherited a mess a bloated and imbalanced squad that not only couldn’t score but couldn’t keep them out at the opposite end either. We have three keepers on the books all duds and all signed by CL that’s what cost us tonight our keeper. Not the manager that has actually improved us. People really need to calm down we always knew this was going to be a tough fight. We’re in a relegation battle we’ve been on the slide for over a year. The manager is in the door less than 2 months and some of you are writing him off already? Pray do tell all you Peps and Klops who do you think could do a better job in our current circumstances? 

Honestly the stupidity and fickleness of some on here never fails to astound me. 

By the way guys we’ll probably take a doing at Celtic next week too. Just warning the faint hearted amongst us.

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Bazzas right boot

That didn't take long. 

When is the Stendel oot thread going up. 

We have some  utter ****ing rockets in our support. 

Francis Albert

I think some of the premature elevation of Stendel to legend status (and I admit to getting a bit carried away after the Rangers game) was silly. But to dismiss him as another Cathro and a dud at this stage is plain stupid. 

Edited by Francis Albert

He needed to sort the midfield out in the transfer window - he didn't.

He needed to get Pereira away from the team - he didn't.

Another poor result and he's got to take the blame. Jury is very much out.

1 hour ago, Walter Kidd said:

6 goals against In two games. His tactics will not work with the players we have as teams are countering us and scoring at will. He’s a dud. A dud at Barnsley and a dud here. 

your not very keen on him 😕, hamilton and motherwell coming up need to win both.

25 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

How did he not have a proper transfer window?

The injuries out was the excuse now the defence is a mess?

we are in deep deep shit.  Everyone thinking we would pump Killie by two or three based on **** all.  When do people wake up? Stendel has won one league game as his time as manager.  That’s a ****ing shocking statistic. 

Hard to disagree with that. 

Tough times ahead I reckon. 

With the players we have he might need to change his tactics. 

If he has a plan B that is. 🤔

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

He needed to sort the midfield out in the transfer window - he didn't.

He needed to get Pereira away from the team - he didn't.

Another poor result and he's got to take the blame. Jury is very much out.

Spot on. 

It should have been ten
54 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

You posted the same on Facebook 

the biggest Dud here is you! 

Give him time Levein put us in this mess . Quick to call him a Dud but will back him if he starts winning and get us to hampden again ? 

F6BE974D-A22F-49B4-B9AD-4B7283292C2F.png

Absolute clown  :facepalm:

ToadKiller Dog
10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Basic mistakes cost us tonight more than any system imo. The system does need tweeting though along with starting 3 youngsters.

Agree with this ,plus Kimmarnock while not world beaters are one of the better organised sides in the league and very good at holding onto a lead ,10 behind the ball and break .

We need to improve definitely but we were not rubbish tonight .

We are not near good enough at this system to guarantee to beat anybody yet. 

If Periera has been in goals for Kilmarnock tonight. We would have had the game won in the first twenty minutes.

Our Midfield are far too lightweight. It is the midfields job to win the ball high up the park. Sibbick looked very good against rangers, but Henderson and Moore are the real weak links.

Brian Clough once commented "If there is something wrong with the team - all I need to do is look at the midfield"

This is the engine room of the team, and currently our midfield is probably the worst in the league. Langer and Avdijaj better come good or else we are in bug trouble....

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

If Periera has been in goals for Kilmarnock tonight. We would have had the game won in the first twenty minutes.

Pish. Killie were better team apart from third goal he wasn’t that bad

Has he improved us? In my opinion, no. You could drive a bus through the middle of us and our full backs are so far from our centre half’s it’s a cringe every time. We need blood and snotters not experimental pish with a high press. 

Stop losing goals and build from there. It’s like watching Ossie Ardiles’ Spurs with Sunday league players.