We have another Cathro

Walter Kidd

It’s a valid thread IMO

We certainly haven’t turned a corner that’s for sure.

If our defence can’t play the way he wants it to he has to adjust - it’s that’s simple. Leave his purist style until next season.

I love the way he wants to play but if he can’t work out how to play it with the players he has he HAS to

alter things. A decent manager can’t only play one way of football.

Sergio had to change his style after he joined. Stendel may have to reconsider.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Henrysmithstaxi
41 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

He’s a dud. Here comes the championship. It’s taken 3 weeks for coaches to suss Stendel out and he’s clueless. 

Even Cathro took 4 off Rangers. 

No

1 win in 9 league games, 1 point from 2 games against bottom 6 opponents. It's not making for great reading. 

It's certainly not ****ing Cathro time this early though. 

Toxteth O'Grady

He’s not a Cathro - he has some leadership qualities and a defined style of direct play. Unfortunately it is a simple system that the opposition can hit on the counter and our 3 keepers are atrocious. 

I hope we can scrape enough points to stay up but the jury is out 

Nucky Thompson

What a fecking load of pish coming from someone who calls himself after one of Hearts worst ‘footballers’

Keeper cost us again.

I defended him before but not now.

If you think Stendel is another Cathro you are either trolling or a complete idiot.

37 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

He’s had months and a transfer window. We’re still ****ing rotten. 

1 transfer window and 2 months. Don’t post on here often but **** off give him time. 

I wondered how long it would take for some zoomer to show up calling for the new manager's head.  This place is incredible.

Did someone really expect a new manager to come in, click his fingers and everything is instantly sorted?

:jj_facepalm:

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He’s not a Cathro - he has some leadership qualities and a defined style of direct play. Unfortunately it is a simple system that the opposition can hit on the counter and our 3 keepers are atrocious. 

I hope we can scrape enough points to stay up but the jury is out 

Tommy Wright has him on toast in the second half on Saturday and a young inexperienced coach at Kilmarnock has utterly destroyed him. 

MasterofDisaster

Every Keeper we have is rotten. Stendel didn’t sign any of them. Can’t blame him for Peirera giving away 2 goals today, as any of our keepers could have, and it’s not like the players didn’t get into positions to create chances. They overplayed around the box today, one pass too many every time.

brunoatemyhamster
44 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

He’s a dud. Here comes the championship. It’s taken 3 weeks for coaches to suss Stendel out and he’s clueless. 

34 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

6 goals against In two games. His tactics will not work with the players we have as teams are countering us and scoring at will. He’s a dud. A dud at Barnsley and a dud here. 

27 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

A breath of fresh air who will relegate us. Great 

Hiya Craig! 

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I wondered how long it would take for some zoomer to show up calling for the new manager's head.  This place is incredible.

Did someone really expect a new manager to come in, click his fingers and everything is instantly sorted?

In fairness I think this thread is to balance up with those calling for contract extensions and statues to be erected. 

Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, Walter Kidd said:

Tommy Wright has him on toast in the second half on Saturday and a young inexperienced coach at Kilmarnock has utterly destroyed him. 

I hear what you are saying - Wright put another man up front and told the defence to play it long. Simple but effective 

6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

It’s a valid thread IMO

We certainly haven’t turned a corner that’s for sure.

If our defence can’t play the way he wants it to he has to adjust - it’s that’s simple. Leave his purist style until next season.

I love the way he wants to play but if he can’t work out how to play it with the players he has he HAS to

alter things. A decent manager can’t only play one way of football.

Sergio had to change his style after he joined. Stendel may have to reconsider.

Has he a plan B though. 😏

5 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

1 win in 9 league games, 1 point from 2 games against bottom 6 opponents. It's not making for great reading. 

It's certainly not ****ing Cathro time this early though. 

Include the Ross County game, and its 2 points from 3 games. I still think he's the man for the job.

August Landmesser
47 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Pish.

Tactically we are coming across very naively defensively don't think anyone can dispute that surely.Its alright saying if teams score 2 we will score 3 but unfortunately that is not how football works.

33 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Trolling? Am I not allowed my say? 

As long as you're happy to remove all doubt, yes. 

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I hear what you are saying - Wright put another man up front and told the defence to play it long. Simple but effective 

It just can’t be that easy to counter a high press or no team that plays it would be successful

Just now, VALDOS' said:

In fairness I think this thread is to balance up with those calling for contract extensions and statues to be erected. 

Absolutely. People are utterly deluded - 8th place. 😂

3 minutes ago, MasterofDisaster said:

Every Keeper we have is rotten. Stendel didn’t sign any of them. Can’t blame him for Peirera giving away 2 goals today, as any of our keepers could have, and it’s not like the players didn’t get into positions to create chances. They overplayed around the box today, one pass too many every time.

Why didn't he bring a goalie in the transfer window then.? 

2 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Statues were for Ann and Vlad in fairness.

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Very much this. Folk loosing their shit on here is laughable 😂

This thread is so JKB... it was ever so. Anybody who thought that just by his arrival things were going to be changed are , as has been shown, sadly mistaken. I am as pissed as the next man but I did see this coming. The win again Rangers slightly insulated against this result but we have to start winning the games that matter by that I mean against the teams around us. This result sent us back to the start again IMO. We have to move on and start to make less mistakes and win a few games against our true competition ie.  St Liedown , Hamilton and  Livi.....

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Why didn't he bring a goalie in the transfer window then.? 

we had other priorities and the keeper that would have come without any budget impact was blocked from coming

Reprehensible OP. He's inherited a cesspit of a dressing room. We call out sevco and smelling fans as fickle but we are up there with them. If leagues were won by whinging fans then we'd be up there every season. FFS give the man a chance. 

Just now, Jammy T said:

we had other priorities and the keeper that would have come without any budget impact was blocked from coming

The goalie position was a priority with the 3 clowns we are left with until the end of the season. 😏

Toxteth O'Grady
3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

It just can’t be that easy to counter a high press or no team that plays it would be successful

It works against us - we haven’t perfected it or don’t have the players 

WoolfordsHearts
2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

This thread is so JKB... it was ever so. Anybody who thought that just by his arrival things were going to be changed are , as has been shown, sadly mistaken. I am as pissed as the next man but I did see this coming. The win again Rangers slightly insulated against this result but we have to start winning the games that matter by that I mean against the teams around us. This result sent us back to the start again IMO. We have to move on and start to make less mistakes and win a few games against our true competition ie.  St Liedown , Hamilton and  Livi.....

The world of fickle football supporters we live in now.

I hate it.

24 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Ann Budge backed him. A goalkeeper should have been top of the list of requirements. So we bring in more midfielders. 

Inexperience  to say the least. I really wanted it to work but one win in 9 is not improving. Sorry. Love the fact that telling home truths gets you called a Hibs clown. 

A goal scorer was top of the list. But you keep on making pish up. Numpty

Gordon Ramsay

A lot of heads being buried in the sand. 

We are still bottom. 

This is not good enough. 

Jury is firmly out on Stendel and his tactics/team selection. 

7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Seen Man City,Barca,Liverpool and Dortmund all done in by the long ball over the top.

Just now, Walter Kidd said:

So where is the improvement? Please tell me how we’ve improved. 

Tell us how we have become worse? There’s the opening you want , take the stage you twat and wow us with your mighty knowledge.

54 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Stendel is a football manager. He isn’t the messiah 

you keep walking round poking at stuff with your white stick but I’ll tell you clearly that project Levein has utterly destroyed our club from top to bottom and unfortunately if Stendel can’t get this right in 6 months he will end up being the scapegoat amongst some clueless idiots in our support 

Your included pal. Just do one. 

Gordon Ramsay
3 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

So where is the improvement? Please tell me how we’ve improved. 

We score now but we leak goals worse than before. 

Hence why we are bottom. 

The jury is still out for me.

It was a nice change initially to see some attacking intent but **** me, he has total contempt for any sort of defending. The full backs just bomb forward at the same time. The only other team I see do that is Liverpool. They have quality holding midfielders and the best defender in the world though. We have Andy Irvine and Craig Halkett. 

Love the positive tactics but defending is just as important. Without it we’re ****ed!

56 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

You posted the same on Facebook 

the biggest Dud here is you! 

Give him time Levein put us in this mess . Quick to call him a Dud but will back him if he starts winning and get us to hampden again ? 

F6BE974D-A22F-49B4-B9AD-4B7283292C2F.png