We have another Cathro

Walter Kidd

He’s a dud. Here comes the championship. It’s taken 3 weeks for coaches to suss Stendel out and he’s clueless. 

Even Cathro took 4 off Rangers. 

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Hearts1975

• GinRummy

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

He’s a dud. Here comes the championship. It’s taken 3 weeks for coaches to suss Stendel out and he’s clueless. 

Watch out The Stahlhelm kickers are out tonight.

Didn't realise Stendel was playing in goal tonight.

We are pony at the back, and have a keeper who would be shite in 5-aside goals.  Those 2 combinations do not mix well.

And yet, even Pereira isn't as rank rotten as this thread.

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

We are pony at the back, and have a keeper who would be shite in 5-aside goals.  Those 2 combinations do not mix well.

He picked the GK.

6 goals against In two games. His tactics will not work with the players we have as teams are countering us and scoring at will. He’s a dud. A dud at Barnsley and a dud here. 

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Signs were there on Saturday that there was problems ahead I am afraid. 

Indeed. But let the fan boys relegate us. We’re rotten to the core. 

1 minute ago, EH11 said:

He picked the GK.

What are the alternatives though?  

We should have gone for someone in the transfer window, but that would have left us with 4 goalkeepers, which is mental. 

Nicholas Brody
2 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

6 goals against In two games. His tactics will not work with the players we have as teams are countering us and scoring at will. He’s a dud. A dud at Barnsley and a dud here. 

Teams are scoring at will because of the Joker in nets.

They've had three chances and scored three goals. 

Pathetic. 

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

In amongst many problems we had, it's looking like rank ineptitude that we didn't address the GK situation.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

A manager is there to make players play above themselves. "He's not the one playing" is a pathetic comment, anyway all the top managers what do you hear "he was the 12th Man" anyway I believe strongly in Mr Stendel as he says our football requires confidence and we have a team of bottlers in my opinion, but he will have learned that tonight   

Just now, tian447 said:

We should have gone for someone in the transfer window, but that would have left us with 4 goalkeepers, which is mental. 

We should have though. 

It could be the difference between staying up. 

Just now, tian447 said:

We did go for someone else and he'd be a serious upgrade on the current jokers.  That said, I still think Bobby is better than sweeper keeper.

RustyRightPeg

This club has been festering under two dinosaurs regime for near enough 2 and a half years. 70+ players have passed through our doors in 4 and a half years and you expect someone who is inheriting this while the culprits are lurking in the background can fix it in 2 months?!

Jesus Christ. Cue the posters who sit behind a keyboard and think they know football suggesting that Stendel is the wrong man for the job. He inherited a god awful team with no confidence. A team with three goalkeepers who I use the term keeper very very lightly. 
just shush and keep your ridiculous thoughts to yourself and go back to playing Fifa and championship manager 

14 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Get a grip 

he has made a mistake playing Henderson and Moore before Washington walker that’s for sure but he is a breath of fresh air 

3 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Indeed. But let the fan boys relegate us. We’re rotten to the core. 

Aye it's the fans fault. What a weapon.

Just now, rudi must stay said:

A manager is there to make players play above themselves. "He's not the one playing" is a pathetic comment, anyway all the top managers what do you hear "he was the 12th Man" anyway I believe strongly in Mr Stendel as he says our football requires confidence and we have a team of bottlers in my opinion, but he will have learned that tonight   

It's really not though.  He sets them up in good faith that they will go out and do what is required of them, but when basic mistakes keep getting made, the players are letting the manager, the club, the fans, and themselves down.

Stendel comes across as an intelligent man, who clearly has an idea about what he wants to do.  He will see them in training, and be speaking to every player to suss them out.  He clearly has confidence in some of the players, but they are letting him down badly.

No manager can truly believe that their goalkeeper is going to spend 90 minutes flapping wildly at anything that comes his way in a match.  He must be doing something right in training - OR, the others are truly hopeless.

Just now, NB GIN said:

Get a grip 

he has made a mistake playing Henderson and Moore before Washington walker that’s for sure but he is a breath of fresh air 

League form under Stendel:

1 win

3 draws

5 defeats

It's hardly a breath of fresh air. We need to improve on this fast.

Captain Lithuania
1 minute ago, Walter Kidd said:

A breath of fresh air who will relegate us. Great 

I think we will be relegated but to blame that on Stendel is ludicrous. The guy had to work with just Andy Kirk for about a month. Impossible to move on all the duds at once. We’d have no team to fulfil fixtures with. 

Have a lie down you clown. 

2 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

🤭 dearie me....did you post after the Sevco game per chance sonny???

11 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Pereira on the team sheet tonight was a disgraceful decision

Of course it was. 

Ridiculous decision. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Walter Kidd said:

You’re not going to fool any Hearts fans bud, everyone knows that if we get relegated it’s 1 mans fault and 1 man alone Craig Levein. And 1woman Ann Budge. Stendell is giving it his best shot to try to save us but this is Long Term rot in our squad caused by the 5 year plan - so do yourself a favour, stop being a numpty and think about the bigger picture of what has caused our team to be shite. 

rudi must stay

7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It's really not though.  He sets them up in good faith that they will go out and do what is required of them, but when basic mistakes keep getting made, the players are letting the manager, the club, the fans, and themselves down.

Stendel comes across as an intelligent man, who clearly has an idea about what he wants to do.  He will see them in training, and be speaking to every player to suss them out.  He clearly has confidence in some of the players, but they are letting him down badly.

No manager can truly believe that their goalkeeper is going to spend 90 minutes flapping wildly at anything that comes his way in a match.  He must be doing something right in training - OR, the others are truly hopeless.

I've seen good things from Periera but the guy doesn't give a ****. That is my opinion, but he's still our best keeper so what can you do 

Ann Budge backed him. A goalkeeper should have been top of the list of requirements. So we bring in more midfielders. 

Inexperience  to say the least. I really wanted it to work but one win in 9 is not improving. Sorry. Love the fact that telling home truths gets you called a Hibs clown. 

Just now, rudi must stay said:

I've seen good things from Periera but the guy doesn't give a ****. That is my opinion, but he's still our best keeper so what can you do 

For every good thing, there are many many bad things though.  His habit of going to ground early on, and gifting people a shot over the top of him, is getting on my tits.

Manchester United though? :lol: 

Most of the players have publicly stated they are loving his training, his ethos and his attitude around the club. 

Cathro was horrendous, Stendel is trying to fix a broken squad.

Lets not discount the fact that our "defence" is absolutely shocking and conceding goals like they are going out of fashion.

He is a failure if we go down, simple as that. 

Can't stand the premature ejaculators in our support who predict great things after 1 result. 

rudi must stay
8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

For every good thing, there are many many bad things though.  His habit of going to ground early on, and gifting people a shot over the top of him, is getting on my tits.

Manchester United though? :lol: 

One of the new wave of great Portuguese keepers

Said Jose who never moved to Manchester and got everything wrong