• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• Beast Boy

• Footballfirst

Footballfirst
24 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Not wanting to be too morose but I knew 3 pledgers who have died since FoH started and I'm a pretty antisocial person so don't know loads of people.

Likewise, although it's more than 3 for me.

There is a fair comparison to be had with the club's share register which also has around 8,000 entries. From the 2018 register to 2019 register there are 16 entries that have been closed following the death of the shareholder between the dates of the listings.  There are also a number of deceased persons still on the register as their shares have never been transferred. I'd imagine that there are more elderly folk who have owned shares for many years, so the mortality rate may be higher on the Club's register.

Edited by Footballfirst

Sale of FOH shares to third party proposed change in super majority from 90% to 75% ...... interesting!

I understand why it probably makes sense but I wonder what’s triggered the thought / proposal now ..... perhaps a billionaire Jambo sniffing around!! 

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Sale of FOH shares to third party proposed change in super majority from 90% to 75% ...... interesting!

I understand why it probably makes sense but I wonder what’s triggered the thought / proposal now ..... perhaps a billionaire Jambo sniffing around!! 

It tells you in the statement why...

People have shown an interest since Bidco in Hearts, in other teams and in Scottish football as a whole.

• 5 months later...
Toxteth O'Grady
On 12/01/2020 at 12:18, Footballfirst said:

IHowever, AB suggested that the transfer of the the majority shareholding would be delayed until the next financial year end (30 June 2020), to simplify accounting, audit and legal requirements.

Any update on this?

Rick Sanchez

I have to say no matter how bleak it is I would like Ann to spell out how bad we're suffering financially. If we need to step up again, I'm confident we'll do just that.

On Saturday the players will start pre season on full wages for 78 days. The brass neck of that prick Doncaster saying every team has suffered. I hope he does turn up one day.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

Footballfirst
54 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Any update on this?

I believe that the final £100k payment for the shares hasn't taken place as yet, while the club has had a continued need for FOH cash.

I would still expect the transfer to happen in the not too distant future, e.g. for the start of the Championship season.

FOH was also planning to have an EGM prior to the handover to take a final decision on the 75% or 90% voting threshold for the sale of shares. That vote needs to take place before the new articles of association come into effect with the handover, otherwise 90% will become the requirement. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Toxteth O'Grady
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I believe that the final £100k payment for the shares hasn't taken place as yet, while the club has had a continued need for FOH cash.

I would still expect the transfer to happen in the not too distant future, e.g. for the start of the Championship season.

FOH was also planning to have an EGM prior to the handover to take a final decision on the 75% or 90% voting threshold for the sale of shares. That vote needs to take place before the new articles of association come into effect with the handover, otherwise 90% will become the requirement. 

Thanks - understandable that it won’t have been top priority under the circumstances. It will be good to get it done soon. 

David Black
On 05/02/2020 at 16:42, Kiwidoug said:

FF is one of the most respected posters on here but on this topic I disagree with him completely.  He takes the view that a number of pledgers will either reduce or cancel their pledges when the shares are transferred.

I take the opposite view.  Instead of the money being used to pay off a debt, it can now help pay for all things Hearts.  It's a bit like paying off a mortgage.  You can then spend the money in any way you please.  I think that will have a positive effect on pledging.

FF may prove to be right of course but I bet even he hopes he's wrong.

I agree with your reasoning. If 50% of all contributions were to go to the playing budget that could well entice more pledgers. Everyone knows we paid back Ann her money in February, 5 months ago and the number has increased .

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, David Black said:

I agree with your reasoning. If 50% of all contributions were to go to the playing budget that could well entice more pledgers. Everyone knows we paid back Ann her money in February, 5 months ago and the number has increased .

I sincerely hope that FOH can continue to attract new pledgers, but I'd suggest that the recent upsurge is mainly borne out of adversity, with Hearts fans doing what Hearts fans do.  

Going forward, the challenge for FOH will be to keep the pledger numbers up, hopefully without further adversity, and perhaps find other channels for fundraising in the good times.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I sincerely hope that FOH can continue to attract new pledgers, but I'd suggest that the recent upsurge is mainly borne out of adversity, with Hearts fans doing what Hearts fans do.  

Going forward, the challenge for FOH will be to keep the pledger numbers up, hopefully without further adversity, and perhaps find other channels for fundraising in the good times.

As long as FOH start to show some leadership and some bollocks then they’ll be fine. The people who front FOH have been lucky in some respects that we’ve had this period because quite honestly, if covid hadn’t emerged and we’d been relegated naturally they’d probably have been looking at a load of cancelled pledges and a load of questions about wtf the point of them actually was. They’ve been sitting on their hands for a long time 

FoH has flourished despite a lengthy period of dreadful performances on the park and the horror story of the last few months.

When everything is back to normal and we are performing consistently on the park, it will only get stronger.

Psychedelicropcircle
37 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As long as FOH start to show some leadership and some bollocks then they’ll be fine. The people who front FOH have been lucky in some respects that we’ve had this period because quite honestly, if covid hadn’t emerged and we’d been relegated naturally they’d probably have been looking at a load of cancelled pledges and a load of questions about wtf the point of them actually was. They’ve been sitting on their hands for a long time 

This! Quick to get their word in backing up the board against the SPFL, if we are shite on the field for a period they had better pipe up as quick for us!

On 05/02/2020 at 16:02, Footballfirst said:

The job is not quite done, at least until the shares are purchased. I also expect a drop off in pledger numbers and/or the amount pledged, although that might be delayed until the actual handover.  However, I don't expect the drop off to be significant in the long term.

What the new pledges show is that every time that FOH is visible or active in the media there is an upturn. I tend to think that they have missed a few opportunities to boost numbers in recent years, by remaining out the spotlight.

Thankfully that never happened. About the only positive that’s come from this awful pandemic.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Have we hit 9k regular pledgers do you reckon? I think I read that we have more monthly pledgers than we ever had. Did we have 8.5k at our previous peak, I think?

21 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Based on Mrs Budge’s previous comments I don’t believe the share transfer will happen until we are through this current crisis, completely debt-free and with a financial plan that is solid. Don’t think we will be able to do that until promotion is achieved so I’d suspect it could be a year late in April- June 2021. 

21 hours ago, David Black said:

A fear for me in that, is that some supporters inexplicably take a dislike to players based on things other than contribution to the team from time to time. It then spreads like wildfire and you have folk who don’t go to games making the same comments based on what FB is saying etc. Imagine for example Isma Goncalves or Björn Jonsson were paid for using FoH contributions. 😬

13 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

A fear for me in that, is that some supporters inexplicably take a dislike to players based on things other than contribution to the team from time to time. It then spreads like wildfire and you have folk who don’t go to games making the same comments based on what FB is saying etc. Imagine for example Isma Goncalves or Björn Jonsson were paid for using FoH contributions. 😬

We've had plenty huddies in the past 5 years and that's not happened.

I know the money hasn't gone directly on players but the type that would cancel probably don't. 😉

Edited by graygo

39 minutes ago, graygo said:

We've had plenty huddies in the past 5 years and that's not happened.

I know the money hasn't gone directly on players but the type that would cancel probably don't. 😉

Some did cancel. Some gave player recruitment as the reason. No idea if they were being honest about it or not though.

57 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Some did cancel. Some gave player recruitment as the reason. No idea if they were being honest about it or not though.

Well if they did they were more than cancelled out by folk who did the opposite to spite them.

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Well if they did they were more than cancelled out by folk who did the opposite to spite them.

I know. Guid innit. 😀

5 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Have we hit 9k regular pledgers do you reckon? I think I read that we have more monthly pledgers than we ever had. Did we have 8.5k at our previous peak, I think?

Said today "highest ever" number of pledgers. So its over 8,000. 

Footballfirst
42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The highest number I have a record of was 8,083 in July 2016, although it could have been higher at some other point.

FOH had just over 7,500 pledgers in October 2019, according to the EEN.

Francis Albert

So going back to the OP the transfer of shares and FoH ownership was supposed to happen in April. 3 months ago. Why hasn't it and why have we had no explanation  or update from FOH?

I suppose only £10m plus is not enough to expect even this.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Highest we’ve had is 8.5k, I think. However, even a one of donation is considered a pledge, is it not? 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So going back to the OP the transfer of shares and FoH ownership was supposed to happen in April. 3 months ago. Why hasn't it and why have we had no explanation  or update from FOH?

I suppose only £10m plus is mot enough to expect even this.

I just put it down to the global pandemic and the legal action, and never really gave it another thought tbh. Has it been causing you angst?

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I just put it down to the global pandemic and the legal action, and never really gave it another thought tbh. Has it been causing you angst?

No angst. Just a question. Why would the global pandemic or the legal action prevent a transfer of shares and ownership? 

31 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I suppose only £10m plus is not enough to expect even this.

You might get you answer here FA.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11790/11963967/hearts-delay-transfer-of-ann-budges-shares-to-foundation-of-hearts-amid-coronavirus-disruption

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Not really. "Hearts have decided" are the first words. Not really Hearts decision if FoH applied the terms of the Bidco/FOH  agreement. The FoH quotes are very unconvincing. I think we could have welcomed something to celebrate and we were certainly not consulted on the pretty fundamental decision to not take ownership under the terms of the FoH agreement with Bidco. Which of course need not have had any impact on the management of our legal claim or indeed anything else.

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No angst. Just a question. Why would the global pandemic or the legal action prevent a transfer of shares and ownership? 

Because we don’t want to spend £100k on it at the moment? 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Because we don’t want to spend £100k on it at the moment? 

As an FoH member who thought the main point was to achieve fan ownership I would. But we were not allowed to.express an opinion on what we wanted

Edited by Francis Albert

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

As an FoH member who thought the main point was to achieve fan ownership I would. But we were not allowed to.express an opinion on what we wanted

You just have. 

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Give it a rest! Ann Budge (love her!) has deep pockets. The FoH hasn’t! And the banks won’t lend any money. 
Queen Ann is the best and only bet in town!

And thank god we have her because without her we would be in the poo!

Francis Albert
29 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Nice to see old blue eyes reverting to type.

Deary me. 

Never diverted from type!

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
29 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Give it a rest! Ann Budge (love her!) has deep pockets. The FoH hasn’t! And the banks won’t lend any money. 
Queen Ann is the best and only bet in town!

And thank god we have her because without her we would be in the poo!

What money is currently coming from Ann's deep pockets?

All I see is a massive overspend on the stand, a disastrous management of the "football department" and a failed and expensive adventure in the courts.

Francis Albert
39 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You just have. 

We were not allowed to express an.opinion before FoH decided to defer the transfer of shares and the delivery of fan.ownership. I wasn't talking about expressing an.opinion on JKB.

19 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

All I see is a massive overspend on the stand, a disastrous management of the "football department" and a failed and expensive adventure in the courts.

More than the FoH! Just get over it! We are where we are!

John Findlay
6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Always wise after the event FA.

So you are one of those in the "should have taken our medicine camp"?

Independence
7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Deary me! Why do you bother? Is there not another football team you could 'follow' that reaches your very high standards? You seem to enjoy making senseless statements without realising that football is not like any other business!

davemclaren
9 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

We were not allowed to express an.opinion before FoH decided to defer the transfer of shares and the delivery of fan.ownership. I wasn't talking about expressing an.opinion on JKB.

I know, I was being a bit cheeky. What do you think the outcome of any consultation would have been?

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I've contributed since the start and as far as I'm concerned it's for life.

I also think it's a sensible move to delay transfer given the current circumstances, and I'm pleased that - despite a few mistakes - Ann is staying on for the foreseeable.

However, I also think the criticism of FOH is fair - this isn't the first time when the lack of communication looks poor or even arrogant.  They have much work to do on that.

Francis Albert
9 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

More than the FoH! Just get over it! We are where we are!

Ann is pumping more than £150 k a month into Hearts? Source?

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I know, I was being a bit cheeky. What do you think the outcome of any consultation would have been?

Probably close to 100% in favour pf whatever FOH recommended. As usual.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Independence said:

Deary me! Why do you bother? Is there not another football team you could 'follow' that reaches your very high standards? You seem to enjoy making senseless statements without realising that football is not like any other business!

Football is famously a results business. We have not had many results recently on or off the pitch.