FoH - final installment of BidCo payment made - share transfer likely in April

Footballfirst

36 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think the answer to your question is that FOH will continue to have a minority of club board members in line with its ethos of not interfering in the running of the club which is a principle embodied in the recently agreed Articles of Association of FOH. I think it's bizarre but there it is.

On your first point I agree ... I have suggested more than once that FOH should at least put a brief CV of its board members on its website. Most organisations do so. The response was that I should come to.meetings and ask the directors directly.

I believe FOH have two board members.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• Beast Boy

• Footballfirst

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Jeff said:

That's not the point. Feeling quite lonely without my own email :(

Check spam/ junk. 👍

Bought the club, become accredited living wage employers which includes contractors staff, and built a fantastic new stand.  All in 5 years.  Add to that  saving us from liquidation prior to admin.

That's what not letting your club die looks like.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

So important - as we have seen recently - that we keep the FOH subs going and try and expand the membership and our ownership to provide a maximised income that could really help take us to the next level.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

annushorribilis III
On 30/01/2020 at 21:19, CJGJ said:

I disagree with you

simply taking out your frustration with no plan in place.

The stand is built we need money to complete the fit out which will bring more money into the club but you don't want to complete it..your point is totally illogical

Carry on disagreeing. 

I'm not taking any frustration out on anyone.  Happy to be corrected otherwise. 

I never said anything about not completing it. Happy to be corrected otherwise. 

But as usual , you post total bollocks.  Happy to be corrected otherwise.

Would I be right in thinking the FOH income is the equivalent of approximately an extra 5,000 season ticket holders?? Perhaps more perhaps less?

10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I think the answer to your question is that FOH will continue to have a minority of club board members in line with its ethos of not interfering in the running of the club which is a principle embodied in the recently agreed Articles of Association of FOH. I think it's bizarre but there it is.

On your first point I agree ... I have suggested more than once that FOH should at least put a brief CV of its board members on its website. Most organisations do so. The response was that I should come to.meetings and ask the directors directly.

If the FoH have responded to you like that FA then that's a bit out of order. There's a good few FoH contributors who live abroad. Surely they dont expect folk to fly in from Canada/New Zealand and Australia etc. for an FoH meeting? Even if they don't, there's FoH Jambos all over these islands and folk work full-time so they cant always attend these meetings.

I agree with you, they should have their C.V. type details posted  on the FoH website so folk can decide who they want on the board and vote accordingly. 

Apart from Ann, I have no idea who they are.

20 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

If the FoH have responded to you like that FA then that's a bit out of order. There's a good few FoH contributors who live abroad. Surely they dont expect folk to fly in from Canada/New Zealand and Australia etc. for an FoH meeting? Even if they don't, there's FoH Jambos all over these islands and folk work full-time so they cant always attend these meetings.

I agree with you, they should have their C.V. type details posted  on the FoH website so folk can decide who they want on the board and vote accordingly. 

Apart from Ann, I have no idea who they are.

To be fair, they all produce a 'candidate statement' which includes their relevant experience as part of the election process. 

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, they all produce a 'candidate statement' which includes their relevant experience as part of the election process. 

Did they? Fair enough. Missed that.

35 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

If the FoH have responded to you like that FA then that's a bit out of order.

That part he'll have left out in saying that he's suggested it "more than once" is that it was in fact the 78th bit of self-important minutia he'd pestered them about that day, and they were being extremely accommodating and polite in how they chose to shoo him.

38 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

There's a good few FoH contributors who live abroad. Surely they dont expect folk to fly in from Canada/New Zealand and Australia etc. for an FoH meeting? Even if they don't, there's FoH Jambos all over these islands and folk work full-time so they cant always attend these meetings.

I have a feeling non-bumptious Jambos near and far will have little trouble making their thoughts heard.

Did we not have prospective candidates answer question on here at one point in the past. I also seem to remember candidates publishing their CVs and giving a pitch prior to the elections of Board members in the past. Louise Strutt was the last one I remember reading something about prior to the vote.

3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

That part he'll have left out in saying that he's suggested it "more than once" is that it was in fact the 78th bit of self-important minutia he'd pestered them about that day, and they were being extremely accommodating and polite in how they chose to shoo him.

I have a feeling non-bumptious Jambos near and far will have little trouble making their thoughts heard.

Oh, "letter writer" is he?

EDIT: I had to "write" to them actually, my Maroon points are showing a lot less than they should be on the new website.

Edited by Pans Jambo

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Oh, "letter writer" is he?

I'm just exaggerating for effect--and yet I also wouldn't be surprised if I lucked into near truth with that post :lol:

But yes, as Dave and Dannie have pointed out, the information he is claiming needs to be published in one particular place has been there, it's just that it's never good enough for him, and the pestering must continue until it's exactly as he wants it. This is a theme.

Edited by Justin Z

43 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I'm just exaggerating for effect--and yet I also wouldn't be surprised if I lucked into near truth with that post :lol:

But yes, as Dave and Dannie have pointed out, the information he is claiming needs to be published in one particular place has been there, it's just that it's never good enough for him, and the pestering must continue until it's exactly as he wants it. This is a theme.

Here comes the “im merely asking questions...where am i criticising ..etc etc” in 5,4,3

It certainly wont be a response noting that the information he seeks has been in the public domain.

26 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

A plan can I suggest should be put in place outlining exactly how the FOH monies will be invested for the future. 

Should have raised that during the governance discussions. 🤔 

The jealousy and ignorance over on hibs.net relating to us saving our club and continuing investment and support is bewildering.  They are still peddling the crap about us cheating and stealing from charities.  This is why we should never EVER stop showing them the double hand gesture.

Great effort by everyone getting us to this point, however I feel this is just the beginning and am off to increase my monthly contribution.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Did they? Fair enough. Missed that.

They did. But the information was not easily accessible. Tracking back to the election address when the relevant Director was elected, up to 3 years ago, might have unearthed the information but the old web site did not contain much archive material. Anyway the new website contains what I suggested so maybe my 87th email requesting it did the trick!

In fact I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I have written to FoH, the majority in response to questions raised by FoH in various consultations. On the other hand counting the number of times I have been told "why don't you write to FoH/the club?" … etc on here would be an arduous task … the answer maybe more in line with Justin Z's estimate of the frequency of my emails to FoH..

Selkirkhmfc1874
42 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

A plan can I suggest should be put in place outlining exactly how the FOH monies will be invested for the future. 

Maybe the benefactors were helping out until the loan was paid back to Mrs Budge and they can now sit back and let us stand on our own 2 feet 

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

They did. But the information was not easily accessible. Tracking back to the election address when the relevant Director was elected, up to 3 years ago, might have unearthed the information but the old web site did not contain much archive material. Anyway the new website contains what I suggested so maybe my 87th email requesting it did the trick!

In fact I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I have written to FoH, the majority in response to questions raised by FoH in various consultations. On the other hand counting the number of times I have been told "why don't you write to FoH/the club?" … etc on here would be an arduous task … the answer maybe more in line with Justin Z's estimate of the frequency of my emails to FoH..

Has anyone ever called you Victor?  😂

Francis Albert
38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Should have raised that during the governance discussions. 🤔 

It was raised. Dave. Not by me. FoH stuck to their "it's up the club" position.

Yours, Victor.

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It was raised. Dave. Not by me. FoH stuck to their "it's up the club" position.

Yours, Victor.

I’ve actually raised it at the last 3 agms. 😎

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve actually raised it at the last 3 agms. 😎

How dare you pester the poor FoH directors with time wasting questions! No wonder they ignored you.

35 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Maybe the benefactors were helping out until the loan was paid back to Mrs Budge and they can now sit back and let us stand on our own 2 feet 

Very careful planning needed to keep the majority on board. 

10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Would I be right in thinking the FOH income is the equivalent of approximately an extra 5,000 season ticket holders?? Perhaps more perhaps less?

More or less.

Get out of this mess and numbers will be up next season. Think that’s a given.

All good.

2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Did we not have prospective candidates answer question on here at one point in the past. I also seem to remember candidates publishing their CVs and giving a pitch prior to the elections of Board members in the past. Louise Strutt was the last one I remember reading something about prior to the vote.

Candidates engaged on threads. Answered questions etc. 

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Candidates engaged on threads. Answered questions etc. 

I was sure they did, thanks Mikey 👍

2 hours ago, brux said:

The jealousy and ignorance over on hibs.net relating to us saving our club and continuing investment and support is bewildering.  They are still peddling the crap about us cheating and stealing from charities.  This is why we should never EVER stop showing them the double hand gesture.

Great effort by everyone getting us to this point, however I feel this is just the beginning and am off to increase my monthly contribution.

This is my favourite... now unless I’m mistaken only one club in Edinburgh has a former director jailed for money laundering and it’s not Hearts... 

Originally Posted by Kato:
Are you not slightly curious as to the anonymity donations, though? A club with a history of avoiding debts and money laundering has millions of pounds being ploughed through it with no discernable sign the money being spent sensibly. When theres a pattern like that people should be asking questions.

They have an owner who has visited once, has security on all their assets and stopped fan ownership... but but big bad Hearts!!

19 hours ago, Victorian said:

How are Hibs getting on with their version?

:ears:

Doing great. £6.32 and a stick of spearmint chewing gum at the last count I’m hearing.

54 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

77 new pledgers overnight. 

Im surprised. I wonder why at this stage we gain rather lose pledgers. 

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

This is my favourite... now unless I’m mistaken only one club in Edinburgh has a former director jailed for money laundering and it’s not Hearts... 

Are you not slightly curious as to the anonymity donations, though? A club with a history of avoiding debts and money laundering has millions of pounds being ploughed through it with no discernable sign the money being spent sensibly. When theres a pattern like that people should be asking questions.

They have an owner who has visited once, has security on all their assets and stopped fan ownership... but but big bad Hearts!!

That one makes us sound like an old gangster has turned us into a Chinese laundry. 

13 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Im surprised. I wonder why at this stage we gain rather lose pledgers. 

I would image there will be quite a lot of new pledgers over then next few days, the feel good factor is returning to the club after a long wait.

1 minute ago, brux said:

That one makes us sound like an old gangster has turned us into a Chinese laundry. 

And as if we weren’t following the relevant money laundering rules and procedures. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good news inspires people 

3 minutes ago, brux said:

I would image there will be quite a lot of new pledgers over then next few days, the feel good factor is returning to the club after a long wait.

I’m delighted it’s increased. I was actually expecting a drop of as the “job done” may have made people cancel their pledges. A surplus of funds is most welcome. 

Footballfirst
53 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I’m delighted it’s increased. I was actually expecting a drop of as the “job done” may have made people cancel their pledges. A surplus of funds is most welcome. 

The job is not quite done, at least until the shares are purchased. I also expect a drop off in pledger numbers and/or the amount pledged, although that might be delayed until the actual handover.  However, I don't expect the drop off to be significant in the long term.

What the new pledges show is that every time that FOH is visible or active in the media there is an upturn. I tend to think that they have missed a few opportunities to boost numbers in recent years, by remaining out the spotlight.

Edited by Footballfirst

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

One of the idiots thinks FoH should now start repaying all the creditors that lost out after our administration :lol:

They really don’t have a ****** clue do they? ******* flump!

Edited by iantjambo

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Absolute clowns. The inference that our auditors would compromise their professional judgement is mind boggling.

The bottom line is we have raised £10 MILLION squid whilst they are still scrambling around collecting buttons and bolts in comparison. Puts me in mind of the time many years ago when I used to take lemonade bottles back to the sweetie shop for a shilling. 

FF is one of the most respected posters on here but on this topic I disagree with him completely.  He takes the view that a number of pledgers will either reduce or cancel their pledges when the shares are transferred.

I take the opposite view.  Instead of the money being used to pay off a debt, it can now help pay for all things Hearts.  It's a bit like paying off a mortgage.  You can then spend the money in any way you please.  I think that will have a positive effect on pledging.

FF may prove to be right of course but I bet even he hopes he's wrong.

11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

FF is one of the most respected posters on here but on this topic I disagree with him completely.  He takes the view that a number of pledgers will either reduce or cancel their pledges when the shares are transferred.

I take the opposite view.  Instead of the money being used to pay off a debt, it can now help pay for all things Hearts.  It's a bit like paying off a mortgage.  You can then spend the money in any way you please.  I think that will have a positive effect on pledging.

I tend to agree, we might well see an upturn. 

Edited by Smithee

Footballfirst
51 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The reality is that pledger numbers have been drifting down for at least the last three years. Average annual pledger numbers, announced at recent FOH AGMs, were  2017 - 7,906,  2018 - 7,664 and  2019 - 7,584.  We also know that people who stop or reduce their pledges do so for a range of reasons. It is a personal choice.

That drift is not a huge surprise given the voluntary nature of pledging. In fact it's incredible and to the credit of Hearts fans everywhere that the numbers have been sustained as high as they currently sit.

You are correct in saying that I hope that FOH pledging continues to flourish, but I do anticipate that numbers will continue to fall.   

Edited by Footballfirst

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The reality is that pledger numbers have been drifting down for at least the last three years. Average annual pledger numbers, announced at recent FOH AGMs, were  2017 - 7,906,  2018 - 7,664 and  2019 - 7,584.  We also know that people who stop or reduce their pledges do so for a range of reasons. It is a personal choice.

That drift is not a huge surprise given the voluntary nature of pledging. In fact it's incredible and to the credit of Hearts fans everywhere that the numbers have been sustained as high as they currently sit.

You are correct in saying that I hope that FOH pledging continues to flourish, but I do anticipate that numbers will continue to fall.   

Some folk have stopped due to the piss poor performance on the park and constant underachieving. That's their right of course but I just hope they will return or can be convinced to come back. 

Thing is, it's all about the money that comes in and not the number of pledgers. If I double my pledge tonight that's as good as a newbie signing up. 

More chance of contribute more than getting a new pledger to sign up these days as I think we have probably seen the highest amount of pledgers we are ever likely to see. 

37 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Not wanting to be too morose but I knew 3 pledgers who have died since FoH started and I'm a pretty antisocial person so don't know loads of people.