FoH - final installment of BidCo payment made - share transfer likely in April

Footballfirst

18 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

I actually think both FF and FA would make great members of the FOH Board and would get my vote.

That would make me think again about my contribution  😅

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• Beast Boy

• Footballfirst

Borders Jambo
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

That would make me think again about my contribution  😅

I'm not having a go here but why?

FF provides valuable information to me on the financial sides of things and other matters.

FA questions aspects which makes me think over the reasons why I contribute. I don't agree a lot of the time but to me that is healthy.

I worry that perhaps FOH is in danger of becoming too cosy with people coming on board who agree and perhaps that explains the apathy.

1 minute ago, Borders Jambo said:

I'm not having a go here but why?

FF provides valuable information to me on the financial sides of things and other matters.

FA questions aspects which makes me think over the reasons why I contribute. I don't agree a lot of the time but to me that is healthy.

I worry that perhaps FOH is in danger of becoming too cosy with people coming on board who agree and perhaps that explains the apathy.

For goodness sake lighten up..did you miss the 😅

On a more serious note if you do your own work you'll not need others to give you information and I personally worry too many look at them as if they are always right...well maybe not FA right enough 😄...he does get a bad deal from time to time

46 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

I actually think both FF and FA would make great members of the FOH Board and would get my vote.

Most definitely.

annushorribilis III
36 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

On a more serious note if you do your own work you'll not need others to give you information and I personally worry too many look at them as if they are always right...well maybe not FA right enough 😄...he does get a bad deal from time to time

You should be ashamed. You pour scorn on the works of two guys who do a great service to all Jambos everywhere who may not contribute to FoH  or understand it's workings and then make it worse by using emoticons to trash posters/them . You are contemptible. 

Coburg Hearts
8 hours ago, Ribble said:

Was a fantastic day, Gary Halliday from FOH spoke very well, the two players presenting plot certificates (Zlamal and Aidy White) both talked very positively about Stendels influence and training this week has been particularly good but hard with triple sessions each day and team building also thrown in with squad going go karting. 

Regarding the atmosphere I think Gary Halliday covered it when he said he’d been asked by a hibs fan if pledges had dropped off because we were bottom of the league, he said no and that the majority of pledgers see The bigger picture and contributing to the foundation as something they will just always do and that every club is envious of the support. 

In summary today was a celebration of saving the club and the tremendous work at the club that’s been made possible from donations, nobody was there to moan about the league table at a single point in time.

Love reading posts like this.

At this moment in time the board of FOH should of looked into the way forward for the club and what individuals will be replaced. Who will be on the Hearts Board, who will be the Chief Executive, and will the club be split into the manager of the football team with all football maters under their control and a management director controlling hospitality, stadium/pitch Issues, media, shop based in the Tynecastle Offices. 

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, novoman said:

Once the milestone has been reached, I will carry on with my contribution and probably increase it as a few have already stated earlier.

my pledge is for life. 

Teams of a similar size to us Aberdeen and the Hibs will be left in our wake if the monies are used correctly.

onwards and upwards 

c’mon the famous 💕🇱🇻

I'm on this train.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

So it is OK indeed admirable for the club to announce (albeit to 100 people in the Gorgie Suite) the good news but to expect FOH to do so to the 8000 or 10000 who have raised nearly £10m is unreasonable or unjustified criticism. FOH communication  with its members is a disgrace. 

Have a day, off, Francis, you know it makes sense.

5 hours ago, DH1986 said:

You need to go to Specsavers then.

There is ZERO chance of CL staying at the club beyond his current contract.

Not sure what my eyesight has to do with not trusting Ann to make the right call on Levein’s future.

13 hours ago, novoman said:

Once the milestone has been reached, I will carry on with my contribution and probably increase it as a few have already stated earlier.

my pledge is for life. 

Teams of a similar size to us Aberdeen and the Hibs will be left in our wake if the monies are used correctly.

onwards and upwards 

c’mon the famous 💕🇱🇻

100% this for me. 

12 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

You might struggle with that. It was Budge who came up with the idea of FOH.

That's not true is it? Was always under the impression it was Alex Mackie and a few others that came up with the idea and founded FoH then Budge came on board later for her business expertise and then ultimately, money.

9 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Not sure what my eyesight has to do with not trusting Ann to make the right call on Levein’s future.

I'm with you on this until the guy has left the building after the expiry of his contract I will not be happy.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if AB came up with some sort of half witted plan to give him a role at the club.

There would be an awful lot of very unhappy people if she did this.

15 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

This is an extract directly from the FOH website.

A not-for-profit organisation, the Foundation was created in 2010 by a group of local businesspeople (Alex Mackie, Jamie Bryant, Brian Cormack, Donald Ford, Garry Halliday), all of whom are lifelong Hearts fans. We have a shared vision for the future which is based on bringing Heart of Midlothian back to the people who are truly passionate about this club – the fans.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

A not-for-profit organisation, the Foundation was created in 2010 by a group of local businesspeople (Alex Mackie, Jamie Bryant, Brian Cormack, Donald Ford, Garry Halliday), all of whom are lifelong Hearts fans. We have a shared vision for the future which is based on bringing Heart of Midlothian back to the people who are truly passionate about this club – the fans.

😎👍

15 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Eh, no she didn’t. It was Alex Mackie, Donald Park and Brian Cormack if memory serves. She was invited in as a very wealthy Hearts supporter with the potential capital resources we needed. She did not in any way start or even suggest the foundation. 

Edit- forgot Jamie Halliday and Garry Bryant. 

Edited by Heartsofgold

3 hours ago, Poseidon said:

That's not true is it? Was always under the impression it was Alex Mackie and a few others that came up with the idea and founded FoH then Budge came on board later for her business expertise and then ultimately, money.

Think the reality is somewhere in the middle where while the idea was there from Alex, Donald, Brian etc there were very early discussions with Ann Budge where she basically stated 'If you can pull off the idea and get the fans together then i'll front the money' - quote from Gary Halliday at yesterday's Plot Ceremony.

9 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Think the reality is somewhere in the middle where while the idea was there from Alex, Donald, Brian etc there were very early discussions with Ann Budge where she basically stated 'If you can pull off the idea and get the fans together then i'll front the money' - quote from Gary Halliday at yesterday's Plot Ceremony.

Cool, cheers for that

Borders Jambo
21 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Apologies CJGJ, I didn't notice the emoji.

7 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Correct. I honestly don't think I could physically hit the 'cancel direct debit' button. I'll most likely up my contribution once Budge is paid off.

Same here.  I reached such a level of frustration during the levein era that I threatened on here to cancel.  I was rightly berated and withdrew the threat the following day and apologised.

Toxteth O'Grady
9 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Exactly - an old mother of a fan did the necessary and loaned us some cash when we needed it but now is a time for change 

12 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Exactly - an old mother of a fan did the necessary and loaned us some cash when we needed it but now is a time for change 

To be fair she was, and is, a fan as well as she sat in Section D for many years before that. 

Toxteth O'Grady
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair she was, and is, a fan as well as she sat in Section D for many years before that. 

Fair enough. She’s helped us out but we need to move on now 

4 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Fair enough. She’s helped us out but we need to move on now 

We certainly need to move on at some point. 

52 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Same here.  I reached such a level of frustration during the levein era that I threatened on here to cancel.  I was rightly berated and withdrew the threat the following day and apologised.

Good on you Doug, I am totally fed up with what's happening at present but simply couldn't cancel.

Coburg Hearts
On 12/01/2020 at 21:48, Nobreath said:

My guess is that it will be a tiny minority that reduce or cancel their pledge when the milestone is reached.

I think that most supporters will be like myself, it's a direct debit that I'm proud to pay and it will be for life. 

I'm in it for life, come hail,  rain, or shine, or even hell or high water.

Jings, crivens, help ma boab.

Sunday Post got hold of the repayment timelines and published on 15 December even before AB released the info at the AGM on 17 Dec.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/hearts-could-be-in-fans-hands-by-february/

Michty me though.  No mention of the advice to delay transfer until June to align to financial year end.

Edited by DETTY29

Pay Ann back as soo as we can. Then just use our subs to sort the mess left by the imposter Levein. I was never a fan of using subs for players but needs must now.

9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Pay Ann back as soo as we can. Then just use our subs to sort the mess left by the imposter Levein. I was never a fan of using subs for players but needs must now.

Since day 1 I haven't been able to get my head round this POV, we have a million quid a year advantage, let's ****ing use it! Every single time you see clubs doing these type of contribution systems they emphasise that it's going to the player budget, but not us, we're determined that not one penny goes to player budget. Its ****ing mental!

The stadium's nice, the training ground's in place, let's get over obsessing with infrastructure and start improving the ****ing team. Success brings people, brings money, brings growth.

I want FoH money going to the team.

31 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Since day 1 I haven't been able to get my head round this POV, we have a million quid a year advantage, let's ****ing use it! Every single time you see clubs doing these type of contribution systems they emphasise that it's going to the player budget, but not us, we're determined that not one penny goes to player budget. Its ****ing mental!

The stadium's nice, the training ground's in place, let's get over obsessing with infrastructure and start improving the ****ing team. Success brings people, brings money, brings growth.

Money is fungible. You can explicitly not move the money that comes from FoH to the player budget, and yet still end up with a player budget increase of the same amount.

It's ****ing mental you obsess over it this much Smithee :lol:

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Money is fungible. You can explicitly not move the money that comes from FoH to the player budget, and yet still end up with a player budget increase of the same amount.

It's ****ing mental you obsess over it this much Smithee :lol:

So what's the point in the insistence that not a penny goes to the squad?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

This has been discussed ad nauseam already here dude, why are you asking again? Optics. People who don't think about these things much not ending their pledges because they think the players bought with their money are shite.

4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

This has been discussed ad nauseam already here dude, why are you asking again? Optics. People who don't think about these things much not ending their pledges because they think the players bought with their money are shite.

Optics. Looks like wanting to see that their money is working to get us out of trouble is an increasingly popular opinion. I think it's a weak argument that pledges would be more under threat, we've already seen them weaponised when the fans have been unhappy, I think it would make no difference there. 

I do think it would make a difference in optimism and feeling like our extra contribution is going where it really counts. That, and I just don't see the point in the white lie, the whole dance.

Just now, Smithee said:

Optics. Looks like wanting to see that their money is working to get us out of trouble is an increasingly popular opinion. I think it's a weak argument that pledges would be more under threat, we've already seen them weaponised when the fans have been unhappy, I think it would make no difference there. 

I do think it would make a difference in optimism and feeling like our extra contribution is going where it really counts. That, and I just don't see the point in the white lie, the whole dance.

Right, nothing wrong with any of that--it's just difference of opinion as to the effects. And much more defensible than "not putting money towards the playing squad is ****ing mental".

5 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Right, nothing wrong with any of that--it's just difference of opinion as to the effects. And much more defensible than "not putting money towards the playing squad is ****ing mental".

It is ****ing mental

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

It is ****ing mental

:lol: Okay pal. As we just discussed two posts ago, in practice it's more or less identical, but carry on.

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

:lol: Okay pal. As we just discussed two posts ago, in practice it's more or less identical, but carry on.

Ah we don't all need to agree, I'll get over it

When FoH take over the running of the club, I hope we can have a clean sweep of the board and lay down our vision and blue print for the club's future. I know we all get a bit hysterical on here, usually about the minor things, but the last 2-3 seasons haven't been much to talk about in a footballing sense. By setting out a clear goal we can all agree with and support, and with an experienced CEO to lead us, I'm sure the majority of us will keep pledging our few bob a month. Budge was never meant to be running a football and the longer she does, the more it shows. The future's definitely bright...

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

It’s  been done to death so I won’t go on about it but can you imagine giving £1m a year to Levein for players . As well putting a match to it.
That’s my point.

this is emergency times with hopefully a manager that knows what he is doing.

thats all I’ll say on this

Edited by 1971fozzy

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I don’t think you’ll get your wish. 
At the AGM it was suggested that the next big ticket item would be to build our own dedicated training facility. 

1 minute ago, Jarhead said:

I don’t think you’ll get your wish. 
At the AGM it was suggested that the next big ticket item would be to build our own dedicated training facility. 

That was by Ann who, a bit reluctantly, gave that as a good example when put on the spot. I think that’s a long way away if it ever happens 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

It is pure cosmetics. If we need say to relay the pitch again we can use FoH funds and have the money for players. But it is not just Justin Z's fungibility point, the concept of hypothecation (allocating the funds to specific spends) was ruled out in the governance "consultations" and the Articles of Association approved at the AGM prevent FoH interfering in club business.

In practice I think the most likely use of FoH funds for the first year or so will be to repay (in effect if not directly) Ann's later loan

Edited by Francis Albert

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

on future
It’s  been done to death so I won’t go on about it but can you imagine giving £1m a year to Levein for players . As well putting a match to it.
That’s my point.

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

That’s my point.

12 minutes ago, Section Q said:

When FoH take over the running of the club, I hope we can have a clean sweep of the board and lay down our vision and blue print for the club's future. I know we all get a bit hysterical on here, usually about the minor things, but the last 2-3 seasons haven't been much to talk about in a footballing sense. By setting out a clear goal we can all agree with and support, and with an experienced CEO to lead us, I'm sure the majority of us will keep pledging our few bob a month. Budge was never meant to be running a football and the lon willger she does, the more it shows. The future's definitely bright...

Under the present FOH governance agreement it is not possible to direct money to our playing budget. The Bidco/Mrs Budge money will be paid off in April for accountancy reasons. We require now to focus on best future use of FOH monies.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It is pure cosmetics. If we need say to relay the pitch again we can use FoH funds and have the money for players. But it is not just Justin Z's fungibility point, the concept of hypothecation (allocating the funds to specific spends) was ruled out in the governance "consultations" and the Articles of Association approved at the AGM prevent FoH interfering in club business.

I don't think it was ruled out but it’s just not necessary? If the club board wanted a specific objective funded by FoH contributions they could still do it. 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That was by Ann who, a bit reluctantly, gave that as a good example when put on the spot. I think that’s a long way away if it ever happens 

She also said the existing facilities were very expensive  so arguably this overhead could  be partly subsidised from FOH funds. Would be a huge investment project in terms of a new training ground unless we identify a coo field half way to Berwick.