Sportsound Monday

beaver

5 hours ago, Independence said:

Nice one MS. Rankers remain the most detested team anywhere, bar none!

Would you not even consider Celtic being the most loathed, detested and hated football institution in British football given what the club and it's fans stand for ? 

I'm inclined to think you wouldn't, just a hunch though.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

• Under the floodlight

• ...a bit disco

4 hours ago, Independence said:

Im not alone believe me. When I was younger the old Rankers wouldn't even sign catholics. A horrible bigoted team. 

That's right but back in the day before I was born Hibernians would only employ Roman Catholics... They changed their ways, just like Glasgow Rangers, time for you to move on from that unless you have an agenda against the club just like Michael Stewart has.

3 hours ago, Monsignor said:

They're still not keen on signing Catholic's.  Gerrard's wiki page used to describe him as a devout Catholic who married at some top notch Catholic venue, however, this was quickly removed when he was negotiating to become The Rangers manager.

Interestingly, Defoe's wiki page describes him as a practising Catholic.  He allegedly has a crucifix tattooed on one of his arms and that is why he always wears long sleeves at £brox to keep this covered up!

I wonder what the peepul think of that?

Utter bullshit, Glasgow Rangers having been signing football players of all walks of life for decades now, get over it.

The fact that players of that club bless themselves in full view of their fans either at home or away puts your alleged story about Gerrard into the pointless section of the library.

PhoenixHearts
3 hours ago, dannymack said:

Utter bullshit, Glasgow Rangers having been signing football players of all walks of life for decades now, get over it.

The fact that players of that club bless themselves in full view of their fans either at home or away puts your alleged story about Gerrard into the pointless section of the library.

Rangers had an anti-catholic signing policy in place as recently as the early 90's.

An utterly reprehensible club.

Can someone start a thread where all the folk who don't live with/see their kids can boast about how little they pay for their kids upkeep? 

Ta x 

9 hours ago, busby1985 said:

This Daryl King. Incredible to think he now has a job with the SFA. Just for people that don’t know, Nacho “said no to the provos”, a title for a book Rangers had no issue with. 

BAECEAEC-262C-4337-A454-202CBB766C7D.jpeg

Who's Darryl King? Is it not Broadfoot on the podcast?

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Rangers had an anti-catholic signing policy in place as recently as the early 90's.

An utterly reprehensible club.

At least they’ve let all that behind them now.

Well i have no idea what the hell is going on, but i will say the presenter whoever he is ,reacted like a mafia vow had been broken when that Jim Traynor name came up.

6 hours ago, dannymack said:

Would you not even consider Celtic being the most loathed, detested and hated football institution in British football given what the club and it's fans stand for ? 

I suspect the posters political views are more Green Brigade than the other lot...🤷‍♂️

jambo in iraq
3 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Thought it would have been made available by now 

yup, there is no way this will find its way onto IPlayer

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Who's Darryl King? Is it not Broadfoot on the podcast?

You are correct. It’s broadfoot on the podcast, apologies to him. The man that wrote the book used to work for Rangers and is now one of the chief sports writers for the Herald etc. 

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You are correct. It’s broadfoot on the podcast, apologies to him. The man that wrote the book used to work for Rangers and is now one of the chief sports writers for the Herald etc. 

Broadfoot is another, but he did stand up for Hearts the other week. 

6 hours ago, dannymack said:

Maybe up until the last few years however with the direct but opposite view point links with Rangers then not much in it.

However both old and new Rangers now surpass considering they were one of the biggest cheating institutions in the history of world sport, aided and abetted by our football authorities in giving them an easy time and pre fixing the outcome of disciplinary procedures.

12 hours ago, Independence said:

Im not alone believe me. When I was younger the old Rankers wouldn't even sign catholics. A horrible bigoted team. 

Yeah, I remember when Maurice Johnston signed for them, we used to get the bottom section of the Broomlan Road stand at the time. Hearts fans were winding them up big time, " you're not proddys anymore" etc and they were going mental !! They are no worse or better than their mates from across their city however. Both equally as detestable.

Wonder if MS days as pundit on the BBC are now over.  If they are after his comments, it tells you everything about the way that BBC Weegie operate. That’s going to be the interesting aspect to all of this. 

Disappointed this hasn’t been made available for download, I normally listen to the podcast travelling to work. 

ive not heard Stewart’s rant but I’d guess he won’t be far off the mark if it’s about Traynor. I don’t always agree with Stewart but he certainly can’t be accused of being afraid to speak his mind and is happy to have a go at the old firm. There are far to many old firm apologists working in Scottish media 

Stewart shits it when asked "do you have any evidence Jim Traynor leaked that story about cutting the brakes" and pretends like he wasn't trying to make a connection between that and Traynor's role at Sevco. "I was talking about two different things". Riiiiiight. I think there's little doubt amongst anyone who wasn't born yesterday that that's exactly where it came from, but because Stewart has no evidence, he has no credibility in claiming it on a national radio programme.

As long as sense and fairness's corner is being fought by the likes of him, coming to air with stuff like this without having done due diligence and investigative journalism first, the status quo will be maintained.

Edited by Justin Z

12 hours ago, CAR said:

How did you listen to this sit says not available to download when I tried

I've just found it on YouTube give that a try 

12 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

In your head maybe.

Every celtic fan I know couldn't give a shit about ireland or their songs. Near enough every rangers fan I know spout their crap about the UDA the queen and FTP.

They can comment on budge levein etc.... mention traynor and 'cant say that he isnt here to defend himself'.

Vlad was spot on when he talked about media monkeys.

Stewart is spot on here and the rest of the bbc run scared from the rangers

Traynor won't take this lying down. I can see Stewart being suspended from the BBC for this regardless of whether it's true. Credit to him for saying what he believes to be true but he is probably unwise in how he's done it. Unfortunately for him, Traynor and Rangers have far more clout than Levein when he started slating him.

21 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Good find 

Sure was, he has to go all the way back to the last post on the previous page to find it. 😄

7 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Every celtic fan I know couldn't give a shit about ireland or their songs. Near enough every rangers fan I know spout their crap about the UDA the queen and FTP.

Celtic fans who don't go to games I take it.

Better call Saul
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Sure was, he has to go all the way back to the last post on the previous page to find it. 😄

I Don't have time to read through all the pages (not that there was man)so I was grateful the post was reposted .. Am a busy guy ye Ken 😜

CornhillHearts
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Never seen the link there, the same as others in the thread going by all the comments. 

Deepfriedpizza

Brilliant from Michael Stewart - who is still a *****, may I add.

The rangers fans had him down as an accomplice to "attempted murder" because of poor Alfreydo's brakes being tampered with last week from a mental football fan.

Turns out, it was a private investigator because the scumbag has been cheating on his pregnant girlfriend/wife.

Stewart now having a go because rangers are trying to bury that story. Good on him. About time someone said something about they dirty cheating rats.

12 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

Never seen the link there, the same as others in the thread going by all the comments. 

Keep posting it then mate, just in case anyone else misses it. 😉

On a separate note, do folk not see the emojis and think "ach, he's not being serious"?

Edited by graygo

Selkirkhmfc1874

Michael Stewart a mouthpiece most of the time but he's spot on this time and good on him for having the bottle to say it in air because no doubt he'll get loads of stick for it 

Thought Police

Whether we like it or not, unfortunately Stewart has left himself open to legal action here. He’s asking for evidence of poor treatment towards Morelos, whilst at the same time accusing Traynor of something with zero evidence himself.

There’s a reason the podcast isn’t up. It isn’t “weegie media” or “BBC Glasgow”. It’s the legal team being fearful of becoming complicit in a defamation claim.

12 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Whether we like it or not, unfortunately Stewart has left himself open to legal action here. He’s asking for evidence of poor treatment towards Morelos, whilst at the same time accusing Traynor of something with zero evidence himself.

There’s a reason the podcast isn’t up. It isn’t “weegie media” or “BBC Glasgow”. It’s the legal team being fearful of becoming complicit in a defamation claim.

You are probably correct in that. The pity is that BBC Weegie were not  so careful when they are allowing people on the show to fire out unsubstantiated stuff about other clubs. We have had a fair amount of that over the years. Hilarious McIntyre bleating that Traynor was not there to defend himself. I can’t remember him having said that when their pundits were laying into Levein, MaPhee and Budge with so much relish last year. As usual duel standards from them. Expect nothing else.

Edited by Deevers

Rangers have been engaged in a real war and also a phoney war of outrage with everyone else for years now.    This is just the latest episode of the pathetic shitshow.     The entire spectacle is allowed to gestate because our media tolerate their nonsense via the threat of menaces.    Some actively encourage it.

Rangers are basically a fascist force trying to impose their deranged world view on everyone else.     Utterly psychotic.

22 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Correct. Typical from Stewart--too lazy to do any actual investigative journalism. Any actual work. Just throws the accusation out there without a whiff of a fart to back it up.

And no, this is no way excuses Rangers' excesses and Trump/Bannon-inspired cult media war. But this is not how you go about bringing it down . . .

11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

You are probably correct in that. The pity is that BBC Weegie were not  so careful when they are allowing people on the show to fire out unsubstantiated stuff about other clubs. We have had a fair amount of that over the years. Hilarious McIntyre bleating that Traynor was not there to defend himself. I can’t remember him having said that when their pundits were laying into Levein, MaPhee and Budge with so much relish last year. As usual duel standards from them. Expect nothing else.

. . . especially when this is the starting point!

Mikey has Stewarted it.

21 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

For sure. Listening back it's mostly insinuation and opinion except for the Craig Whyte editing article comments which were already published c.7 years ago.

It'd be interesting for a lawyer to chime in here...

Deepfriedpizza

There's a "Hearts fan" on FF at the moment comparing Stewart's call for evidence of the racism as the same as a woman being raped... Saying that as she's the only one there, how can she give evidence.

Ffs. There's a stadium full of hundreds of police, dozens of camera's and lots of microphones - if that's not picking up on the racism, then yes, I think he is within his right to ask where the evidence is.

I'm not even going to get into the other side of it as that's the worst comparison I think I've ever heard.

Sevco have become a laughing stock! There are no credible stories about this club anymore just gossip something a big club shouldn’t have but they in fact make up the stupid stories.

The fact he doesn’t speak English is a clear sign why no big club will take him and these interviews will be trying to make out he has had a hard time so some big clubs might take sympathy on him. The bottom line is they need to sell him and can’t have him been seen as a loose cannon, of which he clearly is 

What is it that Jim Traynor has on all these pundits and journo's that makes them shit the bed whenever his name is mentioned.

Stewart basically says what we all know, its a PR machine to deflect from Rangers poor form and a cover story for Rangers to sell Morelos in the summer.

Lets hear Rangers defend this one.