Sportsound Monday

beaver

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

They’re an odd bunch. Mikey Stewart doesn’t like them. Not long ago he was bickering with Derek Ferguson about why rangers had an orange strip. Ferguson made an arse of himself by insisting it was to honour the huns great Dutch players. Stewart just told it how it is and clamped Ferguson down to a high pitched squeal.

I don’t think he doesn’t like them, he just doesn’t buy their non sense. 

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

• Under the floodlight

• ...a bit disco

Just now, busby1985 said:

I don’t think he doesn’t like them, he just doesn’t buy their non sense. 

The thing is lots of journo/commentator types don’t buy their shite but say nothing because they’re scared. It’s quite disgraceful tbh.

17 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

As a club, Rangers try everything they can to rid their support of its sectarian element........😂😂

Exactly .... total coincidence that their goalkeeper is bedecked from head to toe in bright orange!

Shanks said no

Bearsden are taking it quite well, only a few post about MS on the Morelos thread and a dancing Leprechaun potato

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Exactly .... total coincidence that their goalkeeper is bedecked from head to toe in bright orange!

Derek Ferguson can explain all about their Dutch heritage and the need to wear orange. 😂

12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So was another GK on Saturday afternoon, cough cough

1 hour ago, Independence said:

Im not alone believe me. When I was younger the old Rankers wouldn't even sign catholics. A horrible bigoted team. 

They're still not keen on signing Catholic's.  Gerrard's wiki page used to describe him as a devout Catholic who married at some top notch Catholic venue, however, this was quickly removed when he was negotiating to become The Rangers manager.

Interestingly, Defoe's wiki page describes him as a practising Catholic.  He allegedly has a crucifix tattooed on one of his arms and that is why he always wears long sleeves at £brox to keep this covered up!

I wonder what the peepul think of that?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
27 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Bearsden are taking it quite well, only a few post about MS on the Morelos thread and a dancing Leprechaun potato

Going down very well on Kerrydale Street.  Never thought I'd see the day that an ex-Hearts player would win support over there.

2 minutes ago, Monsignor said:

They're still not keen on signing Catholic's.  Gerrard's wiki page used to describe him as a devout Catholic who married at some top notch Catholic venue, however, this was quickly removed when he was negotiating to become The Rangers manager.

Interestingly, Defoe's wiki page describes him as a practising Catholic.  He allegedly has a crucifix tattooed on one of his arms and that is why he always wears long sleeves at £brox to keep this covered up!

There’s a fantastic ‘Scotch & Wry’ (anybody remember that?) sketch about the Rangers Manager (Ricky Fulton) and his idiot scout...

https://m.facebook.com/scotlandfunniest/videos/353910672215468/

....from the 70s when rangers didn’t sign catholic’s or Englishmen... allegedly!

SectionDJambo
8 minutes ago, Monsignor said:

Always found it ironic that the “Sons of William” love wee Alfredo so much. Changed days from pre Souness, when players having any connection to a Catholic family was, shall we say, discouraged.

22 minutes ago, Monsignor said:

You've been led up the garden path with that one, mate.

Not difficult to find plenty short sleeved photos.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

You've been led up the garden path with that one, mate.

Not difficult to find plenty short sleeved photos.

I'll give you that one having just looked up Google images, the rest is 100% accurate though.

47 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Derek Ferguson can explain all about their Dutch heritage and the need to wear orange. 😂

I love it when they come out with that  crap... it started with Dick Advocat and his Dutch signings... do they not realise Holland wear orange as it signifies King William and the house of Orange... it’s the same bloke/reason their ‘loyal’ support wear orange!? But, for some reason, they hide behind their Dutch players and that makes it ok? Are they just thick?

37 minutes ago, Monsignor said:

Gerrard got married at a country house in Buckinghamshire that appears to have zero connection to Catholicism 

11 minutes ago, Monsignor said:

I'll give you that one having just looked up Google images, the rest is 100% accurate though.

care to post your source?

Shanks said no
38 minutes ago, Monsignor said:

Gerrard and his wife, Alex Curran, married on 16 June 2007, the ceremony took place at Cliveden House Hotel in Taplow, Buckinghamshire.

Not exactly the Vatican, it appears to be a rather posh hotel / stately home. It belonged to the Astors and was featured in the recent Profumo series.

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Gerrard got married at a country house in Buckinghamshire that appears to have zero connection to Catholicism 

beat me to it

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Gerrard and his wife, Alex Curran, married on 16 June 2007, the ceremony took place at Cliveden House Hotel in Taplow, Buckinghamshire.

Not exactly the Vatican, it appears to be a rather posh hotel / stately home. It belonged to the Astors and was featured in the recent Profumo series.

Must have got his facts from one of his “Celtic friends” 🤷‍♂️

My name is Roy
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

The BBC are desperate to get back into bed with Rangers and this will ensure they’re staying in the spare room for the foreseeable future.

The BBC are desperate to get back into bed with Rangers. 

4 minutes ago, Monsignor said:

For Gerrard, I read it myself at the time.  For Defoe, see Wikipedia............

Personal life[edit]

Defoe is a practising Roman Catholic.[189] In 2017 he adopted a vegan diet in order to prolong his football career.[190] He is teetotal.[191]

Nice. And what did you read? Kerry dale Street?

But what has that got to do with him covering his arms to hide a crucifix, as you suggest?

Type in “Defoe Rangers” and you will see images of Defoe wearing short sleeves. 

Clearly ra peepul don’t give a toss 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Nookie Bear

Shanks said no
10 minutes ago, Monsignor said:

For Gerrard, I read it myself at the time.  For Defoe, see Wikipedia............

Personal life[edit]

Defoe is a practising Roman Catholic.[189] In 2017 he adopted a vegan diet in order to prolong his football career.[190] He is teetotal.[191]

The link referring to him being a RC was from 2006 and he was still a relatively young man. The Telegraph article it comes from has a paragraph stating

Defoe delves into his faith to give him mental strength and put things in perspective when they are not going right, like now. He often attends church with his West Indian mother Sandra, girlfriend, younger sister and grandmother, and when he has a Sunday off, his mother will ring to remind him to go. He is surely the sporting equivalent of the riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.

The 23 year old Defoe may be very different from the 37 year old

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

2 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

What's the betting this episode does not go up?

suspect the BBC lawyers will be taking a hard look at it...

2 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

What's the betting this episode does not go up?

Would not be at all surprised. They were shitting themselves every time Traynors name was mentioned by MS. If it’s not then it just provides further proof of how much these idiots are in Sevco back pocket. 

part_time_jambo
44 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Now look what you've done. You've let the facts get in the way of a good story

MS shouting his mouth off without facts as he has been accused of plenty times by Hearts fans or through his football and political media contacts a bit of knowledge as to what has happened and not being scared to say so?

Guest ToqueJambo

Traynor is a PR/spin doctor. It's his job to "manage" the image of Rangers and their employees and control the news around them. "Leaking" stories included. Don't see how Stewart is saying anything too controversial there.

The real story is how many pet journalists and editors Rangers still have in Scotland, who are willing to run with whatever they are fed.

Podcast still not up; usually is by now...

Annoying if they don't post it as I had started to listen to it but had to leave and deal with my daughter who had woken up crying and when settled, the show had finished. 

Must be a legal thing as surely they don't care what Traynor thinks, or am I being naive here?

2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Podcast still not up; usually is by now...

Annoying if they don't post it as I had started to listen to it but had to leave and deal with my daughter who had woken up crying and when settled, the show had finished. 

Must be a legal thing as surely they don't care what Traynor thinks, or am I being naive here?

next time just pause it and leave the window open...

1 minute ago, Jap Jambo said:

next time just pause it and leave the window open...

I did and when I came back it bloody refreshed to Get It On!

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don’t ruin the conspiracy mate. Someone changed the Wiki page!!

4 hours ago, Suso Santana said:

Stewart should have dropped the mic and walked out after that haha. 

Absolutely brilliant. 

Reminds me of the time the ex started a CMS case because she thought i wasn't paying her enough and then she ended up getting less! 

Totally Yassss moment. 

My kids mum did this. They quartered what she got...