Never Let Them Forget

martoon

11 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

@martoonFive years more on you! But I genuinely thought I’d maybe never see us win something. The gap was so large, but we were a brilliant football team. Going through a dreadful final and a near miss that was one of the best...

Fully agree with this although I’m sure the thread wasn’t meant as a comparison with the five wan 

1998 was really emotional and a bit surreal in the sense. Just never ever thought it would happen back then, so it was something else when it did. One of the best days ever but the tears shed that day ...

2012 was a completely different feeling. A feeling of real satisfaction and happiness and joyful ness and obviously massive content at seeing them suffer 

Can u imagine if 98 or 2006 never happened and 2012 against the hubs did happen ...5-1 🤔🥴 ..... think that would have been too much to take!

Great thread though 👍

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Fully agree with this although I’m sure the thread wasn’t meant as a comparison with the five wan 

1998 was really emotional and a bit surreal in the sense. Just never ever thought it would happen back then, so it was something else when it did. One of the best days ever but the tears shed that day ...

2012 was a completely different feeling. A feeling of real satisfaction and happiness and joyful ness and obviously massive content at seeing them suffer 

Can u imagine if 98 or 2006 never happened and 2012 against the hubs did happen ...5-1 🤔🥴 ..... think that would have been too much to take!

Great thread though 👍

You're right, it wasn't.

1998, the 2006 semi and the 2012 final were all, individually, dreams come true. This thread just happens to be about the latter.

Never seen the point in comparing one triumph with another.

19 minutes ago, martoon said:

1998, the 2006 semi and the 2012 final were all, individually, dreams come true.

:yas:  :fth: 

14 hours ago, jambonian said:

Have to agree. Maybe an age thing but I was at Dens Pak in '86 and the Aberdeen Cup Final the week after. That day beating Rangers with all the big players that proper Rangers used to have was amazing. I was greetin (along with thousands of others) like a bairn that day. The memory of Dens still haunting me/us. Hammering Hibs was a fantastic achievement, of course it was, it could've scarily gone either way but I don't think I could've coped with losing to them. And, just for the record, we won the 2006 Cup in the semi against them (arise Sir Paul Hartley) but that Final against Gretna was tense and we would've been the laughing stock of Scottish football had we not won that. Love my Hearts, even though they drive me insane half the time.

Me during games....ya fekn useless bunch o caants one minute or yeeeeeeessss, get innnnn!!, jumpin aboot like a daftie. Y' think as we get older you'd chill out a bit. But that's He'rts all over, they'll either kill me or cure me. But I love the rollercoaster ride.

Good Post. 

I went through all these games and disappointments as well and the 1998 Cup final was the best feeling in the world. 

The sheer emotion of seeing them lift the cup which I never thought they would do in my lifetime was unbelievable. 

As was that night in Gorgie and the cup parade the next day. 

A fantastic weekend with all the grannies and their dugs out on the Sunday. 

Both kids and the missus out on that day as well with the blazing sun. 

Tingle up the spine just posting this. 

Coburg Hearts
7 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Probably do not disagree really but it would be an interesting question to Gowser, Hearts Cup Final or playing in a World Cup.

Sure he would say Cup final, PHM :)

At club level he can tell his grandchildren about that glorious day in May, and at international level he can tell them about his world cup exploits. I wonder if he has a favourite, or looks on both equally? 

You raise an interesting point, though.

Big Slim Stylee
16 hours ago, sadj said:

Was tear inducing.... I missed the first 5mins didn’t know we were ahead for a few mins 😂 The feeling at Adam’s goal then McCoist being fouled n everyones hearts stopping for a second as time slowed to a stop til we realised it wasnt a penalty. 

2012 was just an insane **** you , we are Hearts you are Hibernian FTH.....

I was late in as well...bit of a crush! Turned my back on the pitch for last five mins. Absolutely unbearable!

7 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

The closest they will ever get to that glorious day will be putting us out (in a replay) on their way to winning in 2016. In their tiny wee brains, humping your oldest and fiercest rival in a cup final doesn't come close to that.  

Even better, did they not bring out a framed photo commemorating their 1-0, early round win over us a season after 2012?   :rofl:

jambo-in-furness

Try as hard as you can but,  

this thread won’t get through to them,  they were over it before we did our lap of honour.

we all know this I’m sure.  😂😂😂

4 hours ago, martoon said:

You're right, it wasn't.

1998, the 2006 semi and the 2012 final were all, individually, dreams come true. This thread just happens to be about the latter.

Never seen the point in comparing one triumph with another.

👍

100%

Pasquale for King
21 hours ago, martoon said:

It's crossed my mind every single day since (as it has every tormented, emailing, scuttling Hibby) but occasionally, every now and then, the reality that we played and ****ed Hibernian 5-1 in the Scottish Cup final just hits me all over again. 

Years of daydreaming of an all Edinburgh Cup final, Hearts slaughtering the riff-raff on the big day then, one glorious day, it all came true.

Sometimes still can't quite believe that it actually happened but, feck me, it did. 

14554947.jpg

_60353097_trophy.jpg

8af43535bc553a83f994ba1aaabe86ec.jpg

034.JPG.40257dcb0fb6ea3b68bae7856d0cf3ca.jpeg

91607t8e1UL._SL1500_.jpg

My mate mention Riordan last bightbavd I was telling them how Kane wanted to change the name of the four in hand into the IV hahahaha 😃😆😂🤪. Typical stupid Hibs *****.

3 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Try as hard as you can but,  

this thread won’t get through to them,  they were over it before we did our lap of honour.

we all know this I’m sure.  😂😂😂

I hope and believe it will torment them forever. 

But, even if they are over it I don't care. It was a dream day to be a Hearts supporter and I'll cherish it forever. The emailers being over it, or not, is irrelevant. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

My mate mention Riordan last bightbavd I was telling them how Kane wanted to change the name of the four in hand into the IV hahahaha 😃😆😂🤪. Typical stupid Hibs *****.

Didn't really think that one through, did he? 😂

Mind you, 4 in Hand or 1-5 it's still more than the derby wins Kane achieved in a Hibs shirt. 

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, martoon said:

Didn't really think that one through, did he? 😂

Mind you, 4 in Hand or 1-5 it's still more than the derby wins Kane achieved in a Hibs shirt. 

That’s higher than he can count with his mittens on 😜

44 minutes ago, martoon said:

Beautifully put, bud. 👏

Merci, Monsieur Columbo.  

Emailing, trash, scuttling arsewipes that they are.

On 03/02/2020 at 00:45, Big Slim Stylee said:

@martoonFive years more on you! But I genuinely thought I’d maybe never see us win something. The gap was so large, but we were a brilliant football team. Going through a dreadful final and a near miss that was one of the best...

I was 30 in 1998, and I'm like you, I never thought I'd see Hearts winning anything, except the tennets soccer sixes, but the win against Rangers was absolutely fantastic, cause it was the 1st trophy that Hearts had won for years, but each cup final win was brilliant in their own right, hope there's a few more cups to come.

HHGH 

☝️🖐

jambo-in-furness
On 03/02/2020 at 21:09, martoon said:

I hope and believe it will torment them forever. 

But, even if they are over it I don't care. It was a dream day to be a Hearts supporter and I'll cherish it forever. The emailers being over it, or not, is irrelevant.

my “they are over it” was very very much tongue in cheek.

1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

my “they are over it” was very very much tongue in cheek.

I know, bud. 👍

I probably could have worded my reply a wee bit better. 

Edited by martoon

My mate Boston on .net is becoming a wee bit worried about wee Ron.  Where's the plan, where the new signings, where's the investment?  He's  not alone.

I know it's only a small percentage of nutters who post on there, but I suspect the ones with an IQ are thinking exactly the same.

They know that a revenge 5-1 is an extremely distant prospect.  Hearts furnishing them with the stars of their last glory days, Hamilton and Gordon, is simply not going to happen.

The ultimate dream must be leathering 

st Mirren

Aberdeen

Celtic 

Hibs

and then Rangers*

on the way to lifting the cup. 

*order may vary. 

peebles jambo
On 03/02/2020 at 15:56, Robbo-Jambo said:

Good Post. 

I went through all these games and disappointments as well and the 1998 Cup final was the best feeling in the world. 

The sheer emotion of seeing them lift the cup which I never thought they would do in my lifetime was unbelievable. 

As was that night in Gorgie and the cup parade the next day. 

A fantastic weekend with all the grannies and their dugs out on the Sunday. 

Both kids and the missus out on that day as well with the blazing sun. 

Tingle up the spine just posting this. 

That is exactly how I feel as well, to me personally 98 was the best

But humping the scum  5-1 was magnificent ,

HHGH

On 03/02/2020 at 12:27, Zico said:

Never pished myself laughing as much at a football match. Should’ve been 10 though. 

It was hysterical but 1998 was unbeatable in terms of that whole day.

I thought it couldn’t get any better until, through a haze of drink, someone reminded me Hubs were, indeed, relegated into the bargain !

The best rivals anyone could ask for !

🤣

3 hours ago, peebles jambo said:

That is exactly how I feel as well, to me personally 98 was the best

But humping the scum  5-1 was magnificent ,

HHGH

👍