Peter Haring

Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Can’t see him playing again. Real shame - even bigger shame he’s on a long contract as we need wages freed up. Sounds harsh I know but that’s reality 

No, he will.  He will come back and be ****ing outstanding - sadly after he leaves us.  

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• JamboAl

• Cruyff

• Jee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gordon Ramsay
55 minutes ago, Jee said:

I'm only telling you what's in the article. Here's another though...

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17756448.craig-levein-considers-reinforcements-peter-haring-fitness-concern

Happy?

The crack is if you have to take an injection to play one football match, cup final or not, you're not fit. It was a gamble and it has backfired.

Another notch on Craigies belt of failure. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Another notch on Craigies belt of failure. 

Mair notches on his belt than Princess Diana had on her bedpost.

1 hour ago, Jee said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17756448.craig-levein-considers-reinforcements-peter-haring-fitness-concern

Happy?

The crack is if you have to take an injection to play one football match, cup final or not, you're not fit. It was a gamble and it has backfired.

Of course it was a risk, the kind that will be taken fairly regularly by managers and players.  One that paid off - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/3683102.stm

Your binary method of assessing fitness may be useful in making a point about the decision to play Haring, but is actually complete rubbish.

9 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Of course it was a risk, the kind that will be taken fairly regularly by managers and players.  One that paid off - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/3683102.stm

Your binary method of assessing fitness may be useful in making a point about the decision to play Haring, but is actually complete rubbish.

Many examples of this being done by many teams .

Funny , looking at that team , how many projects , misfits and misshapes it contained 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A real shame for the player.

Must be difficult not understanding what the problem is, simply not knowing what the future is

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A real shame for the player.

Must be difficult not understanding what the problem is, simply not knowing what the future is

I really feel sorry for the lad. I just wish Hearts could find a cure for this problem because there will be a remedy out there some where. 

3 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Sorry to say if there is no improvement by the end of this season we should let the guy go on a free.

You mean we should pay up his contract in full and leave another club free to take a chance on him

49 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

I'd say if you need pain killing injections in order to play when otherwise you can't do so, you aren't fit, regardless of how prevalent it is.

We rolled the dice with him and here we are now.

Anyway, I wish big Peter every ounce of luck in getting back onto the pitch 👍

3 minutes ago, Jee said:

I'd say if you need pain killing injections in order to play when otherwise you can't do so, you aren't fit, regardless of how prevalent it is.

No argument in theory mate but I think you're failing to grasp how commonplace it is to do that. There are likely to be players on the pitch most weeks with painkillers in them.

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

No argument in theory mate but I think you're failing to grasp how commonplace it is to do that. There are likely to be players on the pitch most weeks with painkillers in them.

As we move into March, I would suggest that all players play with some sort of painkiller to get them through games.

My eldest lad suffered cruciate ligament damage and even after months of physiotherapy at BUPA he was unable to play without being topped up with Ibuprofen. After a season he had to retire due to severe knee pain.   

13 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Fair enough, I probably don't realise how common it is.

Do you mean by taking tablets or by injection, which to me seems like the extreme end of the scale?

1 hour ago, The Kdogg said:

You mean we should pay up his contract in full and leave another club free to take a chance on him

Like Chris Shevlane. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, The Kdogg said:

A contract eh :)

2 hours ago, Jee said:

3 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

Have to agree dia liom  here it is fairly common practice tbh.

I had a conversation with wee Robbo and he was telling the story of the "Wayne Foster " derby.

Robbo shouldn't have been playing that day, he had a pain killing injection under the proviso he was only to play 30 minutes. He started, he scored and he was kept on much longer than was agreed upon. Thankfully Fozzie scored the winner that day but shows that it's not uncommon and certainly not a new thing to give players injections to get them through big games they otherwise may miss

5 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Can’t see him playing again. Real shame - even bigger shame he’s on a long contract as we need wages freed up. Sounds harsh I know but that’s reality 

I think insurance would cover that eventually, Bax. Hopefully it won't come to that and Peter's issue can be sorted, but pretty sure neither Hearts nor Peter would take a hit. 

6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

While I don't know it not to be the case, I doubt you do know that to be the case, so not sure we should be stating as fact that playing in the final has exacerbated the injury to this level.  I don't think Levein and his team handled injuries well, but I don't think we can levvy ruining a guy's career at him unless we know that for certain.

I feel heart sorry for Peter - such a good player and seems a top lad too.  Feel heart sorry for us too!  Our biggest issue especially of late has been a midfielder who takes responsibility and that's  him to a tee.

A far too sensible reply /post for this forum surly . You talk far to much sense 😜😜

49 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Like Chris Shevlane. 

I believe we were fitted up by Celtic on that one as Shevlane was like a new player after leaving us compared to his last few performances for us before decaring himself unfit.

28 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

A far too sensible reply /post for this forum surly . You talk far to much sense 😜😜

Aw shucks! Clock right twice a day n aw that!

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Like Chris Shevlane. 

I’ll admit I had to google him. And still no clue about the reference. Must be for the chaps of a certain vintage. Played 100 odd games. Be happy if Haring gets close to that

51 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

I believe we were fitted up by Celtic on that one as Shevlane was like a new player after leaving us compared to his last few performances for us before decaring himself unfit.

That’s the story that went about. 

22 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

I’ll admit I had to google him. And still no clue about the reference. Must be for the chaps of a certain vintage. Played 100 odd games. Be happy if Haring gets close to that

Seriously injured so released to instantly get fit and sign for Celtic then Hibs. 

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I really feel sorry for the lad. I just wish Hearts could find a cure for this problem because there will be a remedy out there some where. 

It's not as if we are not and have not spent time and money to find a solution

It's just one of these things that might just be cured with a piece of luck but in our position lady luck has gone missing this season

He has been to top class experts in the field to no avail but still some want to have a go at the club based on other posts prior to yours

He is not the first and won't be the last to play with an injection...Virgil van Dijk did so for a few weeks for example

Seriously injured so released to instantly get fit and sign for Celtic then Hibs. 

Didn't play much for Celtic . 2-4 games depending what source you use .

Great player for us , I've no doubt he'd have been a full international playing for the OF .

Ahh ok. Miraculous recovery from the charlatan. Didn’t manage many appearances for either though. Clearly a terrible human being all the same. What a fall?

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, Jee said:

Happy?

Football is littered with stories of players who voluntarily played through pain for their club. Haring would have been consulted on how fit he felt for the cup final. And his presence undoubtedly helped us stay in the game for 80 minutes, considering they scored just after he went off.

Feel very sorry for him, and it's symptomatic of our bad luck with injuries over the last year.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Football is littered with stories of players who voluntarily played through pain for their club. Haring would have been consulted on how fit he felt for the cup final. And his presence undoubtedly helped us stay in the game for 80 minutes, considering they scored just after he went off.

Feel very sorry for him, and it's symptomatic of our bad luck with injuries over the last year.

You are correct but it does not meet the narrative that Jee wants to deliver

Posters like him will go on and on about the injury when they have no medical knowledge and blame the man they want to take it out on

I knew he was not 100% fit as did the vast majority of fans and of them the vast majority wanted him to play as he did.

That risk almost won us the cup and had we done so we would not hear a peep from him

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

Sorry to say if there is no improvement by the end of this season we should let the guy go on a free.

Not if doctors say he's on the road to recovery. Darren Fletcher was out for the best part of 2 years and Man Utd stuck by him. Haring has been out for 6 months.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You are correct but it does not meet the narrative that Jee wants to deliver

Posters like him will go on and on about the injury when they have no medical knowledge and blame the man they want to take it out on

I knew he was not 100% fit as did the vast majority of fans and of them the vast majority wanted him to play as he did.

That risk almost won us the cup and had we done so we would not hear a peep from him

He was all over the papers saying how much he wanted to play in his first cup final.

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Mair notches on his belt than Princess Diana had on her bedpost.

Is that supposed to be funny or edgy? Fails miserably. 

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not if doctors say he's on the road to recovery. Darren Fletcher was out for the best part of 2 years and Man Utd stuck by him. Haring has been out for 6 months.

Haring has hardly kicked a ball since the cup final last May so hardly six months.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Haring has hardly kicked a ball since the cup final last May so hardly six months.

I wasn’t counting the summer 

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Darren Fletcher wasn't injured though, he had an illness. 

As other have said, players have came back from worse. Fingers crossed as Haring is one of the few players I'd like to see kept on. 

I'm sure everyone slating the decision to play him in the final was also against Beattie playing in the semi Vs Celtic? 

As for his wages/contract, with absolutely no knowledge of how these things work I'd be surprised if insurance doesn't kick in at some point.

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Less than a year but not 2 years ?

Ok then 9 months !

annushorribilis III
5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not if doctors say he's on the road to recovery. ...is that what they're saying ?

Darren Fletcher was out for the best part of 2 years and Man Utd stuck by him....you obviously have no clue hat Fletcher suffers from a debilitating illness.

Haring has been out for 6 months.....that's not true. 

4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Toque jambo

He was talking about Darren Fletcher though was he not? and the Club supporting him through his illness?

Hungry hippo

Michael Smith posted an Insta story of Haring running in a pool today.

No idea if he's been doing this kind of lower impact training throughout or if this is progress but definite evidence he's still alive.