police shoot stabber in London

Sharpie

Just saw a small piece on the news that police in London  shot a man for stabbing another person in what is described aa a terrorist related incident. 

Lone wolf saddo with a kitchen knife and a couple of empty lurpack tubs sellotaped to his boobs.

Edited by Cade

11 hours ago, CJGJ said:

He was recently released for terrorism offences it seems hence he was under surveillance

Just as well this didn't happen under a Conservative Government. 

https://news.sky.com/story/streatham-terror-attack-sudesh-ammans-mother-spoke-to-her-polite-boy-hours-before-attack-11925460

I feel for the piece of shites mother - she is also a victim here but yet again our judicial system has let down the people of the UK.  How many ****ing times.   This is the only thing that shocks me with all this - how we continue to let this happen.

And I am also sick to the back ****ing teeth of everyone downplaying these filth merchants as being 'radicalised'.  Obviously this is all in the name of a religion but when are they going to start taking accountability and stop playing the victim.

It is not even a surprise how non news worthy all this is now.  Take this thread for example.  It has been in the Shed a day and not even 10 replies. 

Edited by i8hibsh

It's not totally clear.

But indication was they were actively monitoring this guy. That is someone with a gun was nearby when he started stabbing people. 

SectionDJambo

There's a phone video on the Sky News app, in which a policeman enters a restaurant or cafe and asks everyone to evacuate due to a terrorist event just down the road. Some woman is heard asking him if he could wait half an hour. 

You can just imagine him replying that he'll nip down the road and see if any terrorists hanging around can just wait for a wee bit before continuing their murderous spree, to let a wifey up the road finish her lunch.

Psychedelicropcircle

You have to wonder if the police can tell they are wearing a lego suicide vest and just **** them off all the same.

no loss 

1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

You have to wonder if the police can tell they are wearing a lego suicide vest and just **** them off all the same.

no loss 

No chance taken. 

They are wearing them for martyrdom. Idiots. 

Mac_fae_Gillie
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

No chance taken. 

They are wearing them for martyrdom. Idiots. 

You want to go in for a closer inspection?? best just kill them and reduce risk. Would point out a terrorist building such a device does so with household items so pretty difficult to spot a fake from real.

On 02/02/2020 at 22:39, Tommy Brown said:

My son has just bought a house in Streatham. :eek:

I wouldnt worry about it. Theres still only about 350 people all in who are either in prison due to terrorism or released on license. 

As much as some folk would want you to believe we're awash with pure mad terrorists at every turn - its a exceptionally tiny amount and not worth sweating over. 

We can only hope, that this will end one day. I doubt it, but still.  

The things IS did to people in Iraq etc... Breaks your heart. Scum!

SectionDJambo

We, that being the UK, should have kept our nose out of the affairs of the old Arab dictatorships. Evil they were, but they kept a lid on all of their nutters. Our interference gave the nutters, here, an excuse to murder innocent people here.
Pandora’s box has been opened and may never be able to close again.

7 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

We, that being the UK, should have kept our nose out of the affairs of the old Arab dictatorships. Evil they were, but they kept a lid on all of their nutters. Our interference gave the nutters, here, an excuse to murder innocent people here.

I was just thinking the same thing. I wasn't back then, tho. Hindsight?

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I was just thinking the same thing. I wasn't back then, tho. Hindsight?

Of course.

But the UN weapons inspector did say there was no evidence of WMDs in Iraq before the invasion, and he was correct.

52 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Of course.

But the UN weapons inspector did say there was no evidence of WMDs in Iraq before the invasion, and he was correct.

No argument from me.

5 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Countries around that region have, for hundreds of years have nearly always had a hard man in charge, indeed often what we would term them to be a brutal dictator, however they all had one thing in common, they knew that they had to keep a lid on the religious fundamentalists amongst their own population and would often put down any dissent, brutally and without mercy, but they had too because those leaders knew only too well that if the fundamentalists were unleashed, chaos, religious hatred and death would follow.

Then we, the West decided to remove the key and as you say Pandora's box was well and truly opened and just like the mythical tale, all manner of evils have been unleashed upon the World.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

We can only hope, that this will end one day. I doubt it, but still.  

The things IS did to people in Iraq etc... Breaks your heart. Scum!

As long as there is religion there will be blood shed.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

:spoton:

But there are more good people of religion too.

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Religion is only one form of tribalism.

As long as human beings exist, we will form tribes of some sort of another and hate other tribes.

9 hours ago, redjambo said:

Religion is only one form of tribalism.

As long as human beings exist, we will form tribes of some sort of another and hate other tribes.

:spoton:

But there is more good people of tribes too.

16 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Humans love fighting each other. They love forming wee stupid cliques and using any old excuse for a fight. 

Religion could **** off tomorrow and we'd find something else to replace it quickly. 

42 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Humans love fighting each other. They love forming wee stupid cliques and using any old excuse for a fight. 

Religion could **** off tomorrow and we'd find something else to replace it quickly. 

Pitch forks at the ready? 

:kirk:

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, The Brow said:

...he said in  reply to a man whose user name is blanket hatred for those of another clique or tribe. :D 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

Where did you get that photo of me?

Shovels and Spades Monthly. You're their poster boy!