Superb Owl Sunday

Kalamazoo Jambo

Kudos for the thread title. 

But, the sport is honking. Tried to watch it last year but the stop/start, 10 seconds play/3 minute analysis...was driving me nuts. 

Then some bam had a rock concert at half time. 

Actually quite enjoyed the all too brief passages of play but they seemed few and far between. 

Just an outsiders take, lads. Enjoy the game. 

You will let me know who wins? 😉😊

34 minutes ago, martoon said:

Kudos for the thread title. 

But, the sport is honking. Tried to watch it last year but the stop/start, 10 seconds play/3 minute analysis...was driving me nuts. 

Then some bam had a rock concert at half time. 

Actually quite enjoyed the all too brief passages of play but they seemed few and far between. 

Just an outsiders take, lads. Enjoy the game. 

You will let me know who wins? 😉😊

It's definitely an acquired taste and some people never get into it.

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'll watch most sports but struggle with it. I'll probably do my usual and start watching it and get bored and go to bed after an hour.

Watching a single game live is a drag.

Highlights or open-all-mics-style live coverage switching between games when something notable happens is the only way to really enjoy it without being bored.

At least watching the Superb Owl live gives you lots of breaks for grabbing more booze or snacks of going for a pish.

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Was hoping this was about the plastic Owl that used to adorn the old main stand.....

Deserves a mention...

C0E863F6-6347-46DD-A8A7-ED07BF99061D.jpeg

Love owls - all raptors, in fact - but why has evolution made them look so soor-faced?

If they had eyebrows they'd be set to permanent frown - just makes them look mean all the time for which I can't discern any hunting advantage.

Mate-finding? Dunno unless bird bursd seem to go for the mean, moody look?

7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Cheers, ML. 👍

All roads lead to Gorgie

Looking out for Owls tonight I nearly tripped over a Badger. Random I know 😄

annushorribilis III

Go Chiefs. 

I went to school with 3 brothers from Kansas so I hope they can pull it off. 

Also nice to see hear a good Scottish name like Troy Aikman getting a mention.  I used to work with one of his cousins.

HT and a tied game. Pretty drab so far.

No sign of either team's explosive offense, yet.

To stay on topic. woo hoo woo hoo.

Two eight-point TDs and a safety versus a TD and FG should see the game finish 28-20.

Or...to stay on topic...

Two eight, two ohhh. 

I P Knightley
10 hours ago, Boof said:

Two eight-point TDs and a safety versus a TD and FG should see the game finish 28-20.

Or...to stay on topic...

Two eight, two ohhh. 

:clap::clap:  :clap:

15 hours ago, Cade said:

Watching a single game live is a drag.

Highlights or open-all-mics-style live coverage switching between games when something notable happens is the only way to really enjoy it without being bored.

At least watching the Superb Owl live gives you lots of breaks for grabbing more booze or snacks of going for a pish.

i agree, to start with at least! Having watched NFL for a number of years now I'm slowly becoming more and more fascinated by the tactical side of the sport, it's unreal. 

There's a good article on the BBC about every team being given tablets that show every play from various angles and includes software for the coaches to re-design tactical plays before passing the tablets to the pitchside coaches at half time. 

Love Owls , spotted this Tawny at The Dell a couple of years ago

Owl.jpg

Edited by jambogaz1968

30 minutes ago, Ribble said:

i agree, to start with at least! Having watched NFL for a number of years now I'm slowly becoming more and more fascinated by the tactical side of the sport, it's unreal. 

There's a good article on the BBC about every team being given tablets that show every play from various angles and includes software for the coaches to re-design tactical plays before passing the tablets to the pitchside coaches at half time. 

Listening to recordings of the coach speaking to the QB is something else.

So much information to sift through and then put into action during the play clock countdown.

11 minutes ago, Cade said:

Listening to recordings of the coach speaking to the QB is something else.

So much information to sift through and then put into action during the play clock countdown.

Yeah, It's almost unfathomable how many plays each side has to remember and then be able to execute during a game. 

Football teams here spend all week working on a formation based on the opposition playing one or two formations against them. Can you imagine training for the opposition having a a few dozen formations and every time the ball goes out both you and the opposition change the formation you are playing just to confuse/counter the opposition.

Edited by Ribble

AlphonseCapone

Watched both the rugby and super bowl over the weekend. I didn't grow up on either. American football is infinitely better. 

How did they get so many owls in that scene in Harry Potter?