Pereira

parwj

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He didn’t exactly do well last season either, sent back in January and punted out again. Did anyone at the club do any homework on this guy “his career has stalled”, no shit. If there is a clause then this is why.

0D89B1E6-1286-49D4-A442-07A1AAAEE546.jpeg

See whoever it was at Old Trafford who sold us the pup, his card should be well and truly marked if he ever dares to make any more recommendations to us. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

1 hour ago, Cwapsy said:

From the Evening News:

There have been calls for either Zdenek Zlamal or Colin Doyle to replace Pereira between the sticks. The Polish goalkeeper was on the bench on Wednesday.

“Yes, but it’s normal for every position,” Stendel said when asked about possibly making a change.

“What is the best? You need to look at what has happened in training and what has happened in the last games.

“For every position, not only goalkeepers, I like to speak with players on why we decided what.”

Evening News reading a name that sounds foreign and then straight up guessing what country he comes from instead of actually checking. Absolutely classic. 

5 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Evening News reading a name that sounds foreign and then straight up guessing what country he comes from instead of actually checking. Absolutely classic. 

Didn't even notice that. 🤣

Difference between  Joel and the other keepers is that the others can occasionally save a shot at goal, his kicking is great but how he is getting paid to be a keeper is beyond a joke. I reckon an outfield player could do the the job he does. The guy is shipping goals for fun and yes you can look at the lead up to the goals and find fault but nearly every shot is going past him.

I would take any of the famous hibs flop keepers  from recent years in front of him.

The guy is driving me to drink I swear.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

See whoever it was at Old Trafford who sold us the pup, his card should be well and truly marked if he ever dares to make any more recommendations to us. 

More likely is that Levein/Murray signed him without even bothering to assess him. That would be more like our transfer strategy.

The clue is in Man Utd sending a keeper to a struggling side in the SPL. They clearly think he’s shite 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Every keeper at the club is better than Joel - we can debate who is best or who is least worst but a different keeper at the weekend will improve us.

Where is this boll@cks about Joels wages coming from  ?

Where is this boll@cks about us having to pay his wages if he isn't playing coming from ?

ITK .. more like slavering utter nonsense.

Seriously, Pereira would be better as an outfield player.  He should change his carrer direction, because he ain't EVER going to make it as a keeper.

28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He’s erratic, but capable of saving stuff .. he is much better.. occasional clangers b constant clangers in every single game

Thing is, Stendel dropped Zlamal after one game, which was quite a statement, and hasn't seen fit to use him subsequently. Whether he'd see recalling him now as involving a loss of managerial  face, I don't know, but I kind of expect Pereira to be between the sticks tomorrow. If he tries punching another shot back into play...   

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Considering Mitchell and Stewart too I would say we should lose their phone number. 

33 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Was gonna post this too.

Usual shite from EEN.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Thing is, Stendel dropped Zlamal after one game, which was quite a statement, and hasn't seen fit to use him subsequently. Whether he'd see recalling him now as involving a loss of managerial  face, I don't know, but I kind of expect Pereira to be between the sticks tomorrow. If he tries punching another shot back into play...   

He slaps it with open palms, punching it up in the air would be better, seeing as actually catching it seems to be out with his capabilities.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He didn’t exactly do well last season either, sent back in January and punted out again. Did anyone at the club do any homework on this guy “his career has stalled”, no shit. If there is a clause then this is why.

0D89B1E6-1286-49D4-A442-07A1AAAEE546.jpeg

Look to rival Henderson Hahahahahahaha 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Where is this boll@cks about us having to pay his wages if he isn't playing coming from ?

Someone put some links up about how loan deals work, Liverpool for instance demand you play their players 75% of the time or there are financial penalties involved.

39 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Ricky Spregia and his close relationship with Levein. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He slaps it with open palms, punching it up in the air would be better, seeing as actually catching it seems to be out with his capabilities.

Often wonder if he's on some kind of 'maintain excitement' bonus to keep the ball from going out of play. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Look to rival Henderson Hahahahahahaha 

Cloud cuckoo land, Henderson is the top rated English GK in the EPL, Pickford is the worst.

Ronald Villiers
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s like the ball goes through him if it’s anything more than 2ft either side. Even the 2nd Celtic goal from the corner was straight at him hes absolutely ****ing hopeless and he just can’t play again. 
We’re in dire straits and I have my doubts we’re getting out of this tbh but with him in goal we’re an absolute cast iron certainty to go down. The only saves he makes I could probably make and anything else just goes through his lettuce like hands and in....it’s utterly bizarre he’s playing professional football imo. 

Exactly mate.  The guy's not very good for my blood pressure.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Often wonder if he's on some kind of 'maintain excitement' bonus to keep the ball from going out of play. 

Only the away teams and fans get excited by him 🙈.

41 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Hibs rag being blatantly xenophobic, I really really wish I could pretend to be even slightly shocked. 

There hasn’t been a pole at this club since, I think, Blazej Augustyn?

1 minute ago, Thommo414 said:

Hibs rag being blatantly xenophobic, I really really wish I could pretend to be even slightly shocked. 

There hasn’t been a pole at this club since, I think, Blazej Augustyn?

Think Grzelak would be the last, though forgetting about him would probably be for the best 😅

Just now, AGoodLaugh said:

Think Grzelak would be the last, though forgetting about him would probably be for the best 😅

Christ. Aye I did and the ignorance was bliss until you reminded me 😂

3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Someone better remind Stendel that he has only been playing Pereira because he has to and its all Levein's fault for signing a dodgy contract. I know it's true, I read it on kickback.

So you know for sure there is no financial penalty if he doesn't play?

That's not to rule Stendel out btw, he said he wanted to give everyone a good and fair chance so it may all be down to him. But Pereira has been poor all season yet only been dropped twice.

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cloud cuckoo land, Henderson is the top rated English GK in the EPL, Pickford is the worst.

Absolutely!  Gave me a laugh so it’s all good. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Krystian Novak got emptied around the same time. 
To think we had Skacel, Bednar and Pospisil then the next Czechs we got were Zlamal and Vanacek 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈🤪.

They way I feel and I’m sure most jambos feel the same ...... drop JP for Saturday   surely any keeper we have can’t possibly give us less confidence than that balloon! 

50 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Gadja

been here before
1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

It wasnt even ITK slavering. Someone on here said something along the lines of 'I wouldnt be surprised/it might be the case' about the loan deal, wages and appearances. Its since grown more arms and legs than Pereira has ****ed up saves and has subsequently been jumped on as gospel. 

Batshit stuff.

Just now, been here before said:

It wasnt even ITK slavering. Someone on here said something along the lines of 'I wouldnt be surprised/it might be the case' about the loan deal, wages and appearances. Its since grown more arms and legs than Pereira has ****ed up saves and has subsequently been jumped on as gospel. 

Batshit stuff.

This is actually what happened. Everyone should realise it’s just unfounded speculation. 

18 hours ago, Deevers said:

Man U must be watching these developments with a trepidation. This guys reputation is being totally shredded up here. I’m surprised they have not bitten the bullet and recalled him.

Man utd won't care about him.  If he was ever to be in their plans he wouldn't be playing for a team bottom of the Scottish league at 23.

WoolfordsHearts
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Batshit stuff.

I'm genuinely hoping there is a clause that would cost us money if we never played him.

Because if there's not,then Stendel doesn't know a goalie from a goldfish.

1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

.net had a lovely thread saying they’d been over on here planting the idea of it...

I’d say that prob answers your question.

19 minutes ago, been here before said:

Batshit stuff.

17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

This is actually what happened. Everyone should realise it’s just unfounded speculation. 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

.net had a lovely thread saying they’d been over on here planting the idea of it...

I’d say that prob answers your question.

^^^^^ 🙈

47 minutes ago, Morph said:

Man utd won't care about him.  If he was ever to be in their plans he wouldn't be playing for a team bottom of the Scottish league at 23.

Probably not. Though they have a duty of care towards him. I see he’s out of contract at the end of the season and I would not be surprised if they intend to unload him. Probably why he’s here in the first place.  Who would take him given the catalogue of basic errors he makes week in week out playing for us. 

The only positive I have about Pereira as a keeper is his kicking is superb.  He really is the absolute pitz apart from that.

1 hour ago, Morph said:

I very much doubt that Joel's form is a surprise to anyone at Man United.

2 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

I very much doubt that Joel's form is a surprise to anyone at Man United.

Confirmed just how bad they thought he already was. 

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Confirmed just how bad they thought he already was. 

Feel a bit sorry for the guy. Goalkeeper with hands made of mist. Not much fun. Still, get him to flip and stick Zlamal in. 

18 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

Feel a bit sorry for the guy. Goalkeeper with hands made of mist. Not much fun. Still, get him to flip and stick Zlamal in. 

“Hands made of most” 😂

Funny but so very accurate at the same time.

40 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

And stick with him for the rest of the season and let him know it. 

Gordon Ramsay

Folk keep going on about his kicking but from what I've seen he boots it out of play half the time. 

He doesn't have any attributes. How he's making a career as a professional is mind boggling. 

SuperstarSteve

Joel has been dropped and ZZ Is starting tomorrow. Hardly news as it was hinted at in papers earlier buts he’s finally dropped him which will make quite a few people happy. 

49 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Joel has been dropped and ZZ Is starting tomorrow. Hardly news as it was hinted at in papers earlier buts he’s finally dropped him which will make quite a few people happy. 

If true should increase the attendance also the proper decision 

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Folk keep going on about his kicking but from what I've seen he boots it out of play half the time. 

This. I always feel he's just one sklaff away from giving somebody an open goal to aim for.

Guest ToqueJambo
55 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Thank ****! We should have persisted with Zlamal longer anyhow while focusing on grabbing a better long-term replacement when one became available - saving up to offer a 4 year contract to Jon McLaughlin on a pre-contract this January would have been an idea. Zlamal made mistakes including a couple of howlers but so has every goalie ever. His shot stopping and communication was mostly good. He certainly never palmed the ball away all the time.