• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

Was he an outfield player till 16 and then changed position to goalkeeper?

I'd actually rather Doyle in goals as at least he can save shots straight at him.

Well. almost all of them.

Not long turned the game on and I’ve just seen his spilling /punching of the ball that Souttar was asking him wtf , then his theatrics at the attempt from May . 
Very very much a continental modern day keeper , punch it ,palm it out , kick it well but don’t HOLD THE ****ING BALL . 
Thought he was getting better but that has put him back the way 😡😡😡😡

WheatfieldWarrior
3 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Bobby must be due a run out surely. 

I agree - Bobby would be my selection too.

Joel's a sweeper, not a keeper unfortunately.

Gorgie Boys are in town.

Terrible keeper. He is a total liability.  1st goal! Ffs. Second goal! Ffs! Soutar was going mental at him and, no wonder. We haven't had a good keeper in a while.

I seem to recall stating Hearts needed a keeper and being told 'Nah, he's good with his feet, that's what we need for Stendel's style.'

Maybe he could try saving a shot with his magic feet? 

Should be dropped. Problem is Zlamal is likely to drop a clanger.

I’d seriously be looking at the free agent market for a keeper.

Just watched the game on Alba.  Not a great keeper but not exactly helped by those in front of him.  Does he know keepers are allowed to catch the ball?

Indecisive, poor shot stopper, punches the ball back into the danger area.

All outweigh the ability as a sweeper, which we saw very little of today, apart from being so far off his line Stevie f..... May nearly lobbed him from halway.

First signing in the summer should be a keeper.

2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Better than what we have for a start 

Celtic have Forster asNo.1, Bain as No.2 (currently injured, returning in next few weeks) & Gordon No.3.  Lennon didn't want to leave them short, he is a **** but understandable. If Bain was fit I'm sure Gordon would be our current No.1

I was willing to give him a chance since his distribution of the ball has been very good but it's now obvious that we need a better shot stopper. 

I can't remember the last great save he made.

I’ve said it for a while now. This guy will lose us points between now and the end of the season. 

All these clowns that scoffed at the idea of Craig Gordon returning. If Craig (or any other semi competent keeper) played today then we win the game. 

Very big error by Stendel not to address this. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, DS98 said:

I’ve said it for a while now. This guy will lose us points between now and the end of the season. 

All these clowns that scoffed at the idea of Craig Gordon returning. If Craig (or any other semi competent keeper) played today then we win the game. 

The problem is we do need a keeper who will play that sweeper role, which I don't think Gordon can do well. Perreira's the only one. He's a poor shot stopper though. On balance in our situation I'd prefer we got Gordon and found another way to cover the space left when we attack in numbers.

Lord Montpelier

Samson may fair better now that the defence is a bit stronger with Gallery and Souter back but still a long way from a Hearts class keeper.

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Celtic were never going to let Gordon go but yeah, i get your point. 

4 minutes ago, on&up2017 said:

Celtic have Forster asNo.1, Bain as No.2 (currently injured, returning in next few weeks) & Gordon No.3.  Lennon didn't want to leave them short, he is a **** but understandable. If Bain was fit I'm sure Gordon would be our current No.1

Bain has been fit for weeks. Lennon doesn’t rate him. CG was told he was the number one in the summer before Forster was brought in. Totally understandable why they would want to keep a hold of him right now. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Samson may fair better now that the defence is a bit stronger with Gallery and Souter back but still a long way from a Hearts class keeper.

What’s that all about. Craig Samson and...like..whit...

45 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

I seem to recall stating Hearts needed a keeper and being told 'Nah, he's good with his feet, that's what we need for Stendel's style.'

Maybe he could try saving a shot with his magic feet? 

Maybe tie his hands behind his back for all the use they are.

Your right might have a better chance going with his feet

The first goal he was poor, but the second, wtf, he should be saving that.

Stendel said in the window that a goalkeeper wasn't a priority, well I'm sure he'll think differently now,  pity the windows shut, if we had any half decent keeper playing today, we'd have definitely won that game, instead we've got "butter fingers Pereira", got a point, which is ok, but 3 would've been better.🖐👋

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Stop that!  You'll go blind!

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

That should have been Zamel

It is like seeing 3 piles of dog shit and saying to yourself which one do I want on my shoes.

Sorry if already posted earlier but I noticed John Souter going ballistic at home one of the times he parried the ball away. Something along the lines of ‘fuc£ing catch it!’

terrible shot stopper. remember watching his debut warm up at Motherwell in the League Cup and he was terrible. Appreciate he's very good (normally) with his feet but he just doesn't seem to be able to make saves 

In comparison to past Hearts goalies our current crop are poor, but most of Bobbies errors have been assisted by the likes of Berra  over the last season, where as Periera messes up all by himself, get Bobby in unless someone becomes available.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 hours ago, parwj said:

What do we do !!!

Replace him in the summer. Stendel knows what needs to be done. It’s nice to have moved to a manager who isn’t deluded 

3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Periera couldn't catch the coronavirus

Give the young kid a go.

Bobby or Doyle aren't the answer either.

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Replace him in the summer. Stendel knows what needs to be done. It’s nice to have moved to a manager who isn’t deluded 

He was left by the last regime with 3 shite keepers!

He had a couple of decent stops today but badly at fault for 2nd goal and a few he should of caught. 
need to get behind the lad . No new keepers coming in and to be fair he had some awful crap in front of him to contend with in the 2nd half

I hoped for Gordon’s return through the week but totally get that Celtic want to keep him for now. Sod this lack of ability with the ball at his feet, Craig Gordon with nae feet would be better than Pereira. 
Get Craig in the summer, although if Colt believes he can find better I’ll trust his judgement.

Bobby being given a shot isn't the worst idea. 

I mean its a shit ****ing idea, but Doyles out and Pereira is a truly atrocious shot stopper so that leaves him as our only real option.

Does Bobby's ability to actually save a shot supersede Pereira's distribution? 

I'd say its probably a trade worth making. Keeping things as is effectively means that any shot on target is likely to be a goal and we're going to have a lot of opposition shots on target. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Bobby being given a shot isn't the worst idea. 

I mean its a shit ****ing idea, but Doyles out and Pereira is a truly atrocious shot stopper so that leaves him as our only real option.

Does Bobby's ability to actually save a shot supersede Pereira's distribution

I'd say its probably a trade worth making. Keeping things as is effectively means that any shot on target is likely to be a goal and we're going to have a lot of opposition shots on target. 

Surely then we just put another outfield player in goal?  🙂

If we were good enough to score from his distribution, then there would be an argument for that, but we're not.

The problem with playing Bobby, is that we will still play the same way and get caught out at the back.  That means he will have to come out his box.  We've all seen what happens when he does that.

200.webp?cid=790b7611fb9f88e4a95b0aaa97e

Time to give Zlamal a chance. This guy is an absolute clown.

Never seen a goalie with such poor handling and shot stopping ability (apart from Kurskis obviously.)

He dances around like an idiot and pretty much never looks like he's able to save anything on target.

An empty jersey. How the hell did this guy get Man United to sign him?

12 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

My point is we should have signed him in January on loan

we must get him on a pre-contract before end of season 

I doubt he'd go to hibs TBH