• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I got shot down for saying this joker was the worst keeper I’ve seen in 35 years watching Hearts. I’m sticking by it, I do know how this guy has got to Professional ranks never mind Man Utd. All very well being able to kick/pass and sweep but **** me he not made a save of any note since he arrived. He’s utterly useless. Bobby is a mistake waiting to happen but at least he has a save on him, I’d rather take the gamble on Bobby than the certainty this imposter brings every week which is no saves! Send him back to Manchester tonight!

Sadly true.      Bobby is a confidence player so maybe he could cut out mistakes in this new team and with Stendel’s more positive man management.   Can't see on what basis Pereira can get picked on Wednesday.    I'd bring Bobby in and sort our the position in the summer.   

Can’t catch a cold but even worse every parry he does is straight back into the danger zone in front of the goals. Can’t even push it to the side or round the post.

Edited by JamboM003

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

how does that impact his basic ability to catch a ball 🤷‍♂️

I don’t recall us losing any goals to bad handling today.  Looked pretty confident taking the ball out of the air to me.  Unless you’re talking about the lob from May?

50 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Correct. All this stuff about sweeper keeper. Coaches need to coach different ways to play at times. Get a good goalie then adapt for the time being. Can't believe we didn't take Craig Gordon. 

Brian McGlauchlin (SP) on radio this afternoon said we were all set but Celtic pulled the plug.

Scotsman

1. Joel Pereira - 4

Debatable whether he could have done more at the opener, but definitely should've stopped Ali McCann's strike. Had another couple of scary moments too.

Said it on the other thread. The goalkeeping situation is like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Play Pereira you get good distribution and an extra man on the ball but he's pure butter fingers when it comes to facing shots. 

Play Bobby you get something similar to having a crackheid in goals but a very good shot stopper.

Play Doyle and you get a decent shot stopper who flaps at every cross and terrified of a back pass. 

John Terry said that Cech would gain Arsenal 15 points a season when he went there. With our three keepers, it's who's going to cost us the least amount of points until the end of the season. And I think it's a close run race with that calculation! 

I reckon we were caught out by their start to the second half. It became very obvious we were under severe pressure and the goalie choked. The centre backs resorted to old Levein tactics by instinct and DS stuff went out the window. They ended playing neither one thing or another. The goalie should have been there to sort them out but the opposite happened and the communication and trust completely broke down. The goalie, whose confidence should have been on an upward curve, obviously has none. A good goalie would have settled that ship and got his centre backs into the right places. But he didn't. Never mind stopping shots, basic communication would be a start.

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Scotsman

1. Joel Pereira - 4

Debatable whether he could have done more at the opener, but definitely should've stopped Ali McCann's strike. Had another couple of scary moments too.

Not sure how they justify 4 out of 10 though. 

He is murder, was sitting right behind the first and it just seemed to go over him in slow motion, every time I see someone hitting a shot I’m sure it might go in, what are half chances against him are better than half chances, he fumbles about at crosses, being good with the feet doesn’t matter a jot if you can’t make routine saves, will cost us points, hopeless. 

Captain Canada

If it's a choice between a keeper that can stop the ball going in the net and one who can kick the ball well, I know what's more important in a relegation fight. 

The problem is, as I said on here once before, we'd need to merge the best parts of all three keepers at the club to even have one half decent one. 

Edited by Captain Canada

Should play Bobby on Wednesday, he can only be an improvement regarding shotstopping on Pereira, but surely there must be a half decent keeper without a club somewhere who would appreciate a short term contract.

38 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You didn't answer question.  How would we get him before the summer?

My point is we should have signed him in January on loan

we must get him on a pre-contract before end of season 

17 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Scotsman

1. Joel Pereira - 4

4 is generous I’d say

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Coz he is dog poo 

Exactly. So how do they justify 4 then?  Should have been a 2 or 3 at best........ 

Zlamal and Doyle are poor, but at least they are goalkeepers. We’d be better off with John Souttar in goal if all we want is good distribution. He wouldn’t save any less shots than Joel.

Its a damn shame Daniel didn't bring a good stopper in. HE said he thought we were well enough covered, a few days ago, but it doesn't look good to me. It could derail our excellent attacking strategy.

5 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Exactly. So how do they justify 4 then?  Should have been a 2 or 3 at best........ 

ah fair enough 

Just saw that first goal. That shot had all the power of blow football. He was miles off it. Even if he had got to it, it was still in. John Inman had stronger wrists.

2 minutes ago, Alva-Jambo said:

Its a damn shame Daniel didn't bring a good stopper in. HE said he thought we were well enough covered, a few days ago, but it doesn't look good to me. It could derail our excellent attacking strategy.

Puzzling tbh. 

Nelly Terraces
22 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Said it on the other thread. The goalkeeping situation is like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Play Pereira you get good distribution and an extra man on the ball but he's pure butter fingers when it comes to facing shots. 

Play Bobby you get something similar to having a crackheid in goals but a very good shot stopper.

Play Doyle and you get a decent shot stopper who flaps at every cross and terrified of a back pass. 

Totally agree. Shocker of a situation Levein left us in with this crock of site but Pereira is the worst keeper I've seen in goal since my 1st game in 1976.

Yes, worse than Craig Nelson. Never thought I'd say that but this geezer is tragic. 

jambogirlglasgow
33 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Not sure how they justify 4 out of 10 though. 

I read it as minus 4, which would be about right!

7 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Totally agree. Shocker of a situation Levein left us in with this crock of site but Pereira is the worst keeper I've seen in goal since my 1st game in 1976.

Yes, worse than Craig Nelson. Never thought I'd say that but this geezer is tragic. 

Completely agree but it's worth adding that the general feeling here last week was that he was improving.  Part of me was feeling very old school in not being able to see his virtues (distribution aside).

10 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

10 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I was going to mention Nelson, who has to be the yardstick for poor Hearts keepers.

There must be someone competent out there who needs a 6-month contract!

an absolutely shocking performance today. looked poor at their 2 goals plus the pen was straight down the middle and it looked like he could do better. shot straight at him that he punched and then slow of his line and their player poked it wide...............that's just for starters

Tokyo Drifter
13 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

No way he was worse than Flap Jack Hamilton

Come the end of the season all 3 keepers should be away and we will need to sign at least 2 new ones just hope we will still be in premiership 

21 minutes ago, westbow said:

Just saw that first goal. That shot had all the power of blow football. He was miles off it. Even if he had got to it, it was still in. John Inman had stronger wrists.

Ow ducky, thats dodgy

It all comes back to Levein on the GK front. Clowns on here backed him and his signing policy over the summer. We are still suffering from it. 

24 minutes ago, westbow said:

He's free. Sadly deid as well

Going back to when he signed, the story goes that contact at Man U was on phone to levein and asked what did they need with keeper offered. Wasn’t scouted at all. Just signed purely on being signed at Man U by Jose 

2 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Bobby was OK was he not? 

No. His distribution is awful and he's as likely to have a brain fart as pull off a wonder save, He's a better shot stopper than Pereira but I'M a better shot stopper than him.

A good keeper can get you points. One as bad as him, like today can lose you points. Should have been addressed in the window. Can't blame CL for it not being but we can for saddling us with 3 keepers neither of whom is fit for purpose

7 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

It all comes back to Levein on the GK front. Clowns on here backed him and his signing policy over the summer. We are still suffering from it. 

It is a sad indictment that nearly every single one of his signings has been dumped. Still, 5 goals in 2 leaue games and some good signings should ensure that our faster paced, energetic style of play will attract the fans back. It is refreshing to hear both the manager and players talk about "off the ball" work and movement.  Something that I don't think I ever heard the previous manager reference. 

2 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Just back from the game and haven’t seen the goals again. Should he have saved the 2nd?

I thought he could have done better with 1st goal to 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Yes.

That’s what I thought at the time. I get the fear anytime I see the opposition lining up to shoot. Scary to think so many people where against Gordon coming back🙈

Arthur Morgan

What's the point in being good with your feet if you can't do your main job; keeping the ball out the net! Put Bobby back in please, yes he has his moments but at least he can actually make saves. Pereira should have been a defender. 

2 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

I thought he could have done better with 1st goal to 

I wasn’t sure about that one as it was right in the bottom corner. Not the greatest strike but hard for a keeper to get to.