Pereira

parwj

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Correct. All this stuff about sweeper keeper. Coaches need to coach different ways to play at times. Get a good goalie then adapt for the time being. Can't believe we didn't take Craig Gordon. 

Most hearts fans would want him back 

only a select few idiots wouldn’t 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Jambof3tornado

• kingantti1874

The folk that in the last few days form an opinion that he is a better option than CG frankly do not know diddly squat about goalkeeping and what even a decent GK brings to the backline and team.

This guy is a 🤡 I will admit he has improved of late re anticipation and helping in that regard and almost as a libero type, but feck me, rule no. 1 of GK school, be big and strong and hold your own at keeping the baw outta the bloody net man 😡😠🤯

Fux sake...

Too many folk during the week panning Craig Gordon and waxing about our ‘sweeper-keeper’ extraordinaire.

Craig Gordon would bring assurance and presence to our 18 yard box - which is currently a playground. 

SpruceBringsteen

I vaguely remember a Hearts keeper in the late 80s retired age 23 to join the police. Something for this ****ing clown to think about.

A rotten keeper goes through the team and we've not had a decent keeper for a long time thanks to CL.   Can't have a sound defence with an erratic keeper. The worry is we haven't addressed it this transfer window so will continue to lose points.   So frustrating to watch that 2nd half goalie performance.... Just awful. 

I will say until I am Maroon in the face. A goalkeeper's primary purpose is to prevent the ball from going under the bar and between the posts. All other is secondary.

1 minute ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I vaguely remember a Hearts keeper in the late 80s retired age 23 to join the police. Something for this ****ing clown to think about.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Kenny Garland?

Nah that was 70s

Edited by allyby

Surely, surely there must be some goalkeeper out there in world football out of contract and looking for a club that is infinitely better than the three diddies we're currently lumbered with!

brunoatemyhamster
18 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

We will be chopping and changing every few weeks with these liabilities. A new keeper is a must. 

Agree but it too late now. Bobby's more likley to hit a run off " not to bad" games IMO. 

Has to be someone at the club with goalie gloves that is better than him :(

Might aswell chuck the young lad Harry in goals... at least that way it would be easier to accept having a crap goalie

3 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Andy Bruce I think.

As for today’s keeper, another Levein masterclass.

1 minute ago, Phage said:

Has to be someone at the club with goalie gloves that is better than him :(

Might aswell chuck the young lad Harry in goals... at least that way it would be easier to accept having a crap goalie

sievers?

StirlingJambo

Barely makes a save and when he does he palms it back out in danger.

Is he even a good sweeper keeper? More than half the time when he comes out he’s causes confusion with the back line and we end up in trouble. 

I’d  put bobby back in for rest of season, not the best but at least he can save a shot. 

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

I’d take Bryn Halliwell in goals at the moment. 

I'd take Gerri Halliwell over our current lot

25 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

We will be chopping and changing every few weeks with these liabilities. A new keeper is a must. 

We will. They are all bombscares.

Pity that Celtic blocked the move from Gordon. It will cost us points.

1 minute ago, Pilmuir said:

Supposedly due to cover but you bet your bottom dollar that ***** Lawell wouldn't like to feel responsible in any way for us staying up. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

:rofl:

Agree with your first sentence though.

Roll about all you want, Boyce will help us but the rest are unknowns and from what I've seen of Avidaj he looks poor.

Captain Canada
32 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Must be an out of contract keeper we can get 

Definitely. They said there was money available for one more signing at least. The three we have are awful. 

6 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

And to think some on here didn't think a new keeper was a priority 😂

25 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Better than what we have for a start 

You didn't answer question.  How would we get him before the summer?

NaturalOrder74

Watched the second half and have to say I don’t think he contributed anything at all, be much better taking a gamble on an unknown he’s not bringing anything to the table, think the problem in January was we couldn’t really justify another keeper on the books with 3 already, Weakest link on the park at the moment anyway 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

He fits in well with overall play (it feels strange saying that about a keeper) but I can't think of a single save the boy's made.

He did make plenty in the Celtic game in December. Perhaps not reflective of his general play though 

Even before this game (which I've not seen) I'd want Bobby in goals.

His shot stopping is fantastic. 

I'd also note most of his calamities occur around Berra. A change in personnel may steady Bobby

Few wobbles today, but FFS he gets no protection from Souttar and Halkett whatsoever.  Has to play like a sweeper to make up the numbers because Halkett’s carrying cement in his boots.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Watched the second half and have to say I don’t think he contributed anything at all, be much better taking a gamble on an unknown he’s not bringing anything to the table, think the problem in January was we couldn’t really justify another keeper on the books with 3 already, Weakest link on the park at the moment anyway 

we can justify it when they are all garbage

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Few wobbles today, but FFS he gets no protection from Souttar and Halkett whatsoever.  Has to play like a sweeper to make up the numbers because Halkett’s carrying cement in his boots.

:rolleyes: better to not tell the truth about fecking Baresi to our fellow blind jambos. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

how does that impact his basic ability to catch a ball 🤷‍♂️

Edited by kingantti1874

I was happy to keep Pereira until the end of the year as I thought he'd be good enough but unfortunately hes just cost us 2 points.

Bobby is not the answer though.

Just now, Randy Marsh said:

Zlamal is poor but he's the best we have.  Can Paul Gallagher still play? Probably wouldn't be any worse.

That's plenty. 

I got shot down for saying this joker was the worst keeper I’ve seen in 35 years watching Hearts. I’m sticking by it, I do

not know how this guy has got to Professional ranks never mind Man Utd. All very well being able to kick/pass and sweep but **** me he not made a save of any note since he arrived. He’s utterly useless. Bobby is a mistake waiting to happen but at least he has a save on him, I’d rather take the gamble on Bobby than the certainty this imposter brings every week which is no saves! Send him back to Manchester tonight!

Edited by Rudy T