• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Rizla

• Kxf51

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Off topic but has McGinn been left out of the squad altogether for a crucial game against Man Utd?

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Off topic but has McGinn been left out of the squad altogether for a crucial game against Man Utd?

Eyesight failure.  He's in there doing his best.

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Eyesight failure.  He's in there doing his best.

You saw him fall on his arse there.

Unmissable.

Captain_Peacock

When Leeds play the team that scores first is critical, if Leeds score first it forces the opposition on to the front foot which suits their style of play.

I'm still concerned by the lack of options up front and can see a difficult game coming up at the weekend at Swansea. It seems to be a 4 horse race for the 2 automatic places in the league. I'm sure sides will drop points during the run in, West Brom play Fulham on Tuesday which will be a critical game in the automatic promotion race.

8 minutes ago, Captain_Peacock said:

When Leeds play the team that scores first is critical, if Leeds score first it forces the opposition on to the front foot which suits their style of play.

I'm still concerned by the lack of options up front and can see a difficult game coming up at the weekend at Swansea. It seems to be a 4 horse race for the 2 automatic places in the league. I'm sure sides will drop points during the run in, West Brom play Fulham on Tuesday which will be a critical game in the automatic promotion race.

my feeling is the 2 automatic spots will be leeds and brentford. i feel west brom will drop just enough points to allow brentford to overtake them

Captain_Peacock
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

my feeling is the 2 automatic spots will be leeds and brentford. i feel west brom will drop just enough points to allow brentford to overtake them

I'm finding it tough to predict, West Brom have the talent up front in the squad, seemed to labour initially at the restart but then looked comfortable in recent games, they strolled past Derby.

Brentford are on a red hot streak and look a match for anybody in the league at the moment.

I thought with the Mitrovic suspension Fulham would struggle but they've won the 3 games he was suspended for,  their game with West Brom will be key.

As we both know with Leeds anything could happen.

alicante jambo

Oneil having a shocker with stoke. We seemed to have been linked with him and a lot of fans on here were desperate to get him. I dont see the big deal. Stoke are in real danger here. 

7 points to gain automatic promotion. But this is Leeds and I’ve a feeling points will be dropped. Hope not, but the same could be said for the other teams going for it.
Swansea will be tough but fingers crossed.

Dallas Green

I've always had a soft spot for Leeds. Would be good to see them back up in the top flight. 

Nookie Bear
On 10/07/2020 at 10:08, alicante jambo said:

Oneil having a shocker with stoke. We seemed to have been linked with him and a lot of fans on here were desperate to get him. I dont see the big deal. Stoke are in real danger here. 

The form since taking over a team that last 12 of their first 16 games would have Stoke in the play off mix so he’s done pretty well overall. 

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

The form since taking over a team that last 12 of their first 16 games would have Stoke in the play off mix so he’s done pretty well overall. 

I don’t mind O’Neil at all always comes over as a decent guy.

Can't believe there's so many fellow Hearts/Leeds fans. Thought I was literally the only unfortunate *******! 

24 minutes ago, Flow State said:

Can't believe there's so many fellow Hearts/Leeds fans. Thought I was literally the only unfortunate *******! 

Think we like the suffering. Not quite right in the head.😃

39 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Think we like the suffering. Not quite right in the head.😃

Guess we've been due a season where its Leeds that are the saving grace!

Not that I'm counting my chickens until we actually are up- we are Leeds after all! 

MOT

7 minutes ago, Flow State said:

Guess we've been due a season where its Leeds that are the saving grace!

Not that I'm counting my chickens until we actually are up- we are Leeds after all! 

MOT

It’s never easy with Hearts/Leeds.

They should manage to get over the line now.

That late goal took a lot of the pressure  off.

West Brom struggling to get up now as well.

Hopefully Brentford win their last 3 games and go up with Leeds.

58 minutes ago, benny said:

They should manage to get over the line now.

That late goal took a lot of the pressure  off.

West Brom struggling to get up now as well.

Hopefully Brentford win their last 3 games and go up with Leeds.

It would be fantastic for a club like Brentford to make it especially moving to their new ground. Quite a few clubs from London in the top flight.

3 minutes ago, denz190512 said:

1 point to go, not pretty tonight but it wouldn't be Leeds if it was straightforward 😅

you can ben promoted without kicking another ball, just need either west brom or brentford to drop points

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

you can ben promoted without kicking another ball, just need either west brom or brentford to drop points

Been waiting on brentford dropping points for weeks 😭 be nice to do it against Derby and make up a bit for last year 

Hard fought win tonight 1 point to get and it’s back up.

Just wondering about the games being played behind closed doors if it’s maybe actually helped Leeds in their final push. Having the pressure of a big fanatical support could have been a factor in missing out in previous years.

Mr Brightside
21 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Hard fought win tonight 1 point to get and it’s back up.

Just wondering about the games being played behind closed doors if it’s maybe actually helped Leeds in their final push. Having the pressure of a big fanatical support could have been a factor in missing out in previous years.

I think the break has been a bigger factor.  Bielsa teams are notorious for running out of steam at the end of the season due to the high energy system he plays. Maybe the couple of months of have allowed the players to recharge their batteries.

37 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

I think the break has been a bigger factor.  Bielsa teams are notorious for running out of steam at the end of the season due to the high energy system he plays. Maybe the couple of months of have allowed the players to recharge their batteries.

Fingers crossed

Lord Beni of Gorgie

By Leeds standards of putting you through the wringer,  tonight was pretty mild. 

Binoculars out for Sunday 

NotTheHoople

They think it's all over...it is now! Leeds promoted after 16 years out of the top flight. Not been a vintage year in the Championship but Leeds have been the top dogs in that division.

MOT...

Congratulations to Super Leeds who are finally in the EPL.

They have one of the best managers in the world and the whole set up is geared towards staying there and becoming successful again.

Fantastic it’s been a long time to wait. Been in the top two since November.

Be a lot of social distancing celebrations in Leeds tonight 😊.

MOT

Lord Beni of Gorgie

16 years who gives a **** cos we are Leeds and we're going up.

Still stunned despite how obvious it was,  Leeds United fans darent dream