Leeds v Stoke

dryJTlaw

Any Leeds fan in here, weve booked the Centenary Lounge for Good Friday v Stoke.

Is it any good, dress code, were staying over so wheres best place either near ground or station?

Cheers

Edited by dryJTlaw

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Rizla

• Kxf51

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, dryJTlaw said:

Any Leeds fan in here, weve booked the Centenary Lounge for Good Friday v Stoke.

Is it any good, dress code, were staying over so wheres best place either near ground or station?

Cheers

Actually heading down to the game,early train tomorrow v wigan, sorry don't know about the hospitality but loads of good pubs next to the station and places to eat, you may have been to the ground before but if not the old peacock pub next to the main stand on elland road is great, usually good atmosphere, plenty singing.enjoy.👍

Edited by Kxf51

Maybe confirm promotion that day or be very close 

Edit - around the time Barnsley get relegated 

Edited by Mikey1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

We all hate Leeds scum. 

Small man syndrome 

:verysmug:

Don't worry Mowatt will find a better home soon 

I'm watching Hertha Berlin v Schalke.

A few tasty tackles and ref let's the game flow. Our refs would have called a foul and awarded a pen. Just shows the quality of a proper netruel ref.

19 minutes ago, dryJTlaw said:

I know mate sorry but I have a Leeds daft pal from Leeds!!!

Hes paying

Always followed leeds but my mates leeds daft,  he's originaly from leeds, always organizing a 'wee' trip to leeds, no change from 200 quid,☹ always a great day though, should get back to edinburgh about 10ish, usually wrecked mind, keeps the wife happy.😂

1 minute ago, Redhelen said:

Hate Leeds but Bielsa has got them playing some great football.

They're really playing well but need a goal scorer, hopefully the guy from man city will be the answer, hopefully go up this year.

4 minutes ago, Kxf51 said:

They're really playing well but need a goal scorer, hopefully the guy from man city will be the answer, hopefully go up this year.

Still.plenty of time to bottle it again!

5 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Still.plenty of time to bottle it again!

Yeah not going to argue with you, shit it last year and heading the same this year, never know though.

Most Leeds fans watch the games in pubs in Harrogate. I'm fully embedded in a world of Leeds fans. Most have never travelled 15 miles to watch them play. 

So hats off to the OP for travelling down. Travelling more than most locals. 

Pubs, Near Station:

The Hop  (Cheapish and out back of south entrance of the station)

Brewery Tap

Tapped Leeds 

Bundobust  (veg Indian food place and craft beer, best in city)

Head of Steam

Scabby (Scarborough) Taps 

Walking down to the ground via Holbeck:

Midnight Bell

The Cross Keys 

Grove Inn

But if you want some really good beer and food (normally) get to the Northern Monk refectory. Awesome place. 

Old Peacock near the ground is good but I imagine it is rammed beyond capacity on match days. 

10 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Most Leeds fans watch the games in pubs in Harrogate. I'm fully embedded in a world of Leeds fans. Most have never travelled 15 miles to watch them play. 

So hats off to the OP for travelling down. Travelling more than most locals. 

Pubs, Near Station:

The Hop  (Cheapish and out back of south entrance of the station)

Brewery Tap

Tapped Leeds 

Bundobust  (veg Indian food place and craft beer, best in city)

Head of Steam

Scabby (Scarborough) Taps 

Walking down to the ground via Holbeck:

Midnight Bell

The Cross Keys 

Grove Inn

But if you want some really good beer and food (normally) get to the Northern Monk refectory. Awesome place. 

Old Peacock near the ground is good but I imagine it is rammed beyond capacity on match days. 

Zen have you ever heard of or  had drink In the Duncan, if I remember not far from the station I think, it's a  kinda  cross between the Busy bee and the gauntlet on a bad day, not for the faint hearted.leeds stuff on the walls, some good pictures tbf.rough as, went in for one and got out sharpish.😂

14 minutes ago, Kxf51 said:

Zen have you ever heard of or  had drink In the Duncan, if I remember not far from the station I think, it's a  kinda  cross between the Busy bee and the gauntlet on a bad day, not for the faint hearted.leeds stuff on the walls, some good pictures tbf.rough as, went in for one and got out sharpish.😂

haha no but I know the bad boy. Sams Smiths pub next to Corn Exchange. 

Rammed at 11 after they’ve been to bookies and the gang hang out the windows to smoke in the summer. 

I wouldn’t dare go in there. But I’m soft as shite.

Edited by Zen Jambo

8 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

haha no but I know the bad boy. Sams Smiths pub next to Corn Exchange. 

Rammed at 11 after they’ve been to bookies and the gang hang out the windows to smoke in the summer. 

I wouldn’t dare go in there. But I’m soft as shite.

Probably better not going in😂Tbh I've no real idea were it was, we were on a pub crawl and that was next on the list,only 2:30 a pint( only two years ago) there was five of us and not looking any bother but there's a real tension in there, someone attacked the barmaid, yes the barmaid, fight broke out at the bar, unreal,. Highly recommend steering clear of this place.

However as I said earlier some great pictures on the walls, theres a fantastic picture of Billy bremner in his playing days and a leeds Crest on wall.shame it's full of arseholes.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20200131_215314.jpg

Is that the Duncan? Doesn't look like the place were we where in, sure it looked more sparse than that, memorys shit at the best. Could be though.

3 minutes ago, Kxf51 said:

Is that the Duncan? Doesn't look like the place were we where in, sure it looked more sparse than that, memorys shit at the best. Could be though.

That’s no the Duncan. Maybe Northern guitars????

Sorry guys just texted my mate who told me it was Duncan's, apparently might be sam smiths,?

Anyhow no matter, looking forward to the game but I'll probably be on here checking the hearts score.

C'mon HEARTS 

Doctor FinnBarr
40 minutes ago, Kxf51 said:

Sorry guys just texted my mate who told me it was Duncan's, apparently might be sam smiths,?

Anyhow no matter, looking forward to the game but I'll probably be on here checking the hearts score.

C'mon HEARTS 

Enjoy mate, I enjoy it when me and the Mrs have a wee away day to watch Molenbeek or CD Tenerife....although TBH CD Tenerife is more a kinda holiday thing.

Cheers, your a lucky man. I'd love to able to go away to games with the other half but she hates football,i only really get to go away to leeds occasionally, my fault from years ago, took her to dunfermline away game years ago, put her off for life😂 a bit of bother, the good old days imo.

Anyway Hope there's a leeds hearts double tomorrow 👍

Just now, My half sister said:

Marching on together, would love Leeds to get back in the Premiership 

Absolutely, too big not to be there 👍

4 minutes ago, My half sister said:

Yep.Massive club.Would love them to get back as well and to stay there.My folks were from Selby before moving to Edinburgh  and we used to holiday there in the 70s when Leeds where at the height of there powers.Loads of Scots in that team. Peter Lorimar was my fave. 

13 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I've travelled all over England and much of Scotland by rail watching football, and one of the joys is spending time talking football with travelling fans of other clubs.

I can honestly say that I've never comfortably been able to do this with any Leeds fans. Their attitude seems to vary from sarcastic to downright aggressive, but never friendly.

I can only go by my own experience, but I just don't like them. Long may they suffer.

Your right, remember that friendly early 80's , they weren't exactly charitable,😂 think their away support is a bit mad tbh but never really had a problem down there at any time, all pretty friendly.

Guess I'll find out tomorrow 👍

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Kxf51 said:

Your right, remember that friendly early 80's , they weren't exactly charitable,😂 think their away support is a bit mad tbh but never really had a problem down there at any time, all pretty friendly.

Guess I'll find out tomorrow 👍

Think we played them twice in the early 80s did we not?

Leeds fans = wankers. 

Typical Leeds fan = Alan Smith (the shite one)

Typical Leeds player = Lee Chapman.  
Gordon Strachan, best part of his career = Leeds.

7 hours ago, My half sister said:

That version by Shadowlark in the documentary brought a tear to the eye.

Imagine the tears all over the world when Stendel lifts the Scottish Cup

Edited by dryJTlaw

9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Slocken

ah yes. Had to look it up as I didn’t recognise the name. Went in there post gig, pre train once. Hammered, can’t remember much. 

portobellojambo1
12 hours ago, mutchy1 said:

I'm down here now for Wigan game, premier inn near elland Road perfect 10 min walk to stadium 

Was asking your Mrs at work yesterday if you were heading up to Perth today and she was telling me you and the bairn were heading down to Elland Road this weekend. Enjoy your day out, nearly time for me to start getting ready for the trip up to Perth.

7 hours ago, Kxf51 said:

Absolutely, too big not to be there 👍

My mates anorak wearing swaggering indie band have properly got there fan base in the Leeds ‘casuals’.

They played the LUFC century celebrations in the city a few months back and a regularly featured on Leeds social media for goal highlights etc. 

My mate (ironically, not a true Leeds fan like the others in the band) is loving the push for promotion as there is a real buzz among their fan base. 

But these fans, they only come out of the woodwork when when Leeds are doing well. 

Edited by Zen Jambo

12 hours ago, Kxf51 said:

Ah the old BB. Brings back happy memories. Was an Institution back in the day 😢

I went to see Leeds v Arsenal at the Emirates and their management 'army' are f'ing intense. 

A whole troop of managers on the touchline yelling instructions (I was four rows back). It's worth reading about their coach as he's the real deal. They made Arsenal sweat the entire game - tactically, man they were impressive. 

3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Ah the old BB. Brings back happy memories. Was an Institution back in the day 😢

I was in there maybe thirty year ago. No idea what its like now or even if its still there, madhouse.