Are you brand loyal?

EH11_2NL

I've probably owned about 10 or so cars and the vast majority have been Vauxhall (Corsas and Astras) and a few bikes (1 Suzuki and the rest Kawasaki). I tend to stick with what I know even if there are better or cheaper alternatives. 90% of my running trainers have been New Balance. Do you choose on price, name or what you are most familiar with?

Probably brand loyal in a few things. Always buy Levi’s, normally Adidas trainers. I’ve owned loads of different cars but my last 3 have all been Mercedes and if I was looking to get back into car ownership I’d definitely go that way. 

A Boy Named Crow

I hate trying on clothes, so I stick to Uniqlo for shorts, casual shirts etc because I know I can just walk in and scoop up everything I like in an L and it will fit just fine. Likewise for work shirts, I know my measurements for TM Lewin  just buy them online whenever there’s a sale.

For other things, no brand loyalty at all..I’m about to ditch my iPhone 8, probably for a Samsung, but who knows?

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

I've been getting samsung phones since the s3 because they're decent quality, reliable, basically a known quantity. I wouldn't think twice about going with someone else if I had a reason though so I wouldn't call it loyalty.

Usually always Adidas trainers, Levi's jeans and denim jacket, Samsung phones for years. Most of my cars have been Vauxhall, however, after switching to BMW for the first time, car make has now changed, it's the not having to use indicators that swing it for me.

5 minutes ago, superjack said:

Usually always Adidas trainers, Levi's jeans and denim jacket, Samsung phones for years. Most of my cars have been Vauxhall, however, after switching to BMW for the first time, car make has now changed, it's the not having to use indicators that swing it for me.

Are you a Springsteen/Dire straits fan?

:D Big feckoff side breezes.

Салатные палочки

I agree on the Levis.  I can't bring myself to buy anything other than 511's.  Nothing else feels right.  I mentioned before that I bought a pair of Lois jeans a few years ago and loved the fit and feel.  But they lasted a few months before the first hole appeared.  Get a couple of years out of Levis if I'm wearing them regularly.  

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, superjack said:

BMW have indicators?

I P Knightley

Pro Samsung; anti Apple

Pro Morrisons; anti Waitrose

Marks and Spencer pants; never any need to look elsewhere

Like others, jeans are mainly Levis, although I went disloyal and picked up a pair of Hilfigers at TK Maxx 'cos they were there and they fitted.

Spyder ski-wear

Schwalbe tyres

Trainers & boots all happen to be adidas but I wouldn't say I'm loyal to them. Loake office shoes, though; haven't worn anything else in about 20 years.

Heinz beans

Hoover for vacuum cleaners (but that's almost an OCD thing as it gets my back up when folk talk about 'hoovering' when they're using a Dyson or a Henry, etc. - I might have mentioned it in the 'seethe' thread.)

11 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

I've probably owned about 10 or so cars and the vast majority have been Vauxhall (Corsas and Astras) and a few bikes (1 Suzuki and the rest Kawasaki). I tend to stick with what I know even if there are better or cheaper alternatives. 90% of my running trainers have been New Balance. Do you choose on price, name or what you are most familiar with?

No. I choose whatever I like the look of or what is well reviewed, with consideration for value for money.

My cars have all been different manufacturers, I own several pairs of trainers/shoes, all different brands. My golf irons, driver/woods, putter and wedges are all different brands. My phones in recent years have varied from Sony to Samsung to Huawei.

The only brand I've stayed loyal to my whole life has been Hearts FC.

22 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Pro Samsung; anti Apple

Like others, jeans are mainly Levis, although I went disloyal and picked up a pair of Hilfigers at TK Maxx 'cos they were there and they fitted.

Spyder ski-wear

Schwalbe tyres

Trainers & boots all happen to be adidas but I wouldn't say I'm loyal to them. Loake office shoes, though; haven't worn anything else in about 20 years.

Heinz beans

Hoover for vacuum cleaners (but that's almost an OCD thing as it gets my back up when folk talk about 'hoovering' when they're using a Dyson or a Henry, etc. - I might have mentioned it in the 'seethe' thread.)

There's quite a few brand names which have become a generic name. Biro, Bubble Wrap, Chapstick, Sellotape and Tippex to name a few. Does the use of any of these when other brands are involved bug you?

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Are you a Springsteen/Dire straits fan?

:D Big feckoff side breezes.

Not my type of music, prefer hard rock and metal usually.

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

BMW have indicators?

Yes, it took a 2 week training course for me to stop using them though.

annushorribilis III
31 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Pro Samsung; anti Apple

Spyder ski-wear

Schwalbe tyres

Heinz beans

Pro Samsung; anti Apple   likewise

Pro anywhere ; anti Waitrose

Running shoes; Saucony (the best) but will go NB & Mizuno

Vacuum cleaners ; not fussed but we had 2 Dyson. One packed up and the missus refuses to buy Dyson any more (Brexit)

Cars ; not bothered, had UK, French, Jap and now Mercedes.

Brown sauce ; must be HP

Razors; those 3 blade types you get in Tesco/Aldi (nothing else works as good). 

I only wear Levi's jeans, 501's or 511's. They must have a button fly. Jeans without button flys aren't really jeans. 

I only wear Calvin Klein boxers. 

Only drink Tetley's Tea and will only drink tea if I make it myself. :laugh2:

Pepsi Max over Coca-Cola 

Lurpak butter, always. 

Heinz Tomato sauce. 

Warburtons bread, the blue packet. 

Can't think of anymore tbh. 

I P Knightley
23 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

There's quite a few brand names which have become a generic name. Biro, Bubble Wrap, Chapstick, Sellotape and Tippex to name a few. Does the use of any of these when other brands are involved bug you?

:D

I never said it was rational. 

Of those in the list, the only one I ever bother about is Tippex. I'll say 'liquid paper' or 'white out' just to mix it up. Doesn't really bother me, though. 

1 hour ago, superjack said:

Yes, it took a 2 week training course for me to stop using them though.

You made of money? I couldn't afford the indicator option

Clothes especially jeans I understand as you find the ones that are most comfortable and you can easily just go and get a pair the same size without having to try them on

All roads lead to Gorgie

Most of the coats and jackets I have are from River Island,

Otherwise I am not drawn to any clothes shop in particular.

Alpen is still a favourite muesli, the others have too many nuts in them for my liking.

Harvieston Beers I have liked for many years and I will usually buy at least one bottle. 

That is all the brands I can think of right now that I stick to on a regular basis!

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

You made of money? I couldn't afford the indicator option

Thought I would make the investment as I love driving around an oxymoron (indicating beemer).

Bridge of Djoum

Nah. Never thought he was funny and that incident over Andrew Sachs granddaughter just pissed me off no end. Boys a ****** ******

Gorgie Loyal only.

When it comes to jeans, polo shirts, jumpers, jackets and trianers I'll only wear branded. Socks and boxers i couldn't care less. I've owned a few cars so have no loyalty to any brand but it would either be Ford or BMW as they've been the cars i enjoyed the most.

Only really with cars. VW group for me...though I have to drive all manner of brands for work as I'm in a hire car most weeks. It's certainly made me aware what brands I won't be switching to if I ever have a change of heart.

Oh, and Google. Google pixel, Google Chromecast, Google search engine, Google home. 

LG for tv.

Edited by Taffin

Samuel Camazzola
17 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Nah. Never thought he was funny and that incident over Andrew Sachs granddaughter just pissed me off no end. Boys a ****** ******

Gorgie Loyal only.

Gorgie Loyal? Isn't she a 'Fake Taxi' favourite? 😉 

Having had 7 different cars and 7 different makes I don't think so. 

I'm loyal to a point with clothes but if it stops working for me then I'm onto another brand. It's about sizing, quality, availability and cost. Then if every other dick in the street is wearing it then I won't touch it. Superdry for example, have been dead to me for around ten years. 

Mac_fae_Gillie

Shop...Tesco.. was my nearest but Aldi popped up 8years ago but still prefer Tesco even though half my shop could be bit cheaper.

Jeans.. last 10years been Wrangler Texas Stretch regular

Footwear... Merrell got about 6 pairs.

Phone.. Samsung last 3 pure use to them never had an issue.

PC...   HP all in one last few just be same style but updated every 3years. I game a lot so still want a good large screen PC

Food... Still brand name loyal on traditional products but do Tesco ready meals a lot more.

Clothes.. Cheap bugger that I am socks/skids/T shirts/lounge wear all "F and F" from Tesco even got my Jackets and jumpers there.

Love Amazon...Prime.. shop online a lot outside of Tesco stuff really buy little in other shops.

Only buy Replay jeans.  The rest of my clothes are generic.

Replay are the only jeans I've found that don't rip at the balls after 6 months.

On 31/01/2020 at 16:30, Bridge of Djoum said:

Gorgie Loyal only.

😂

Alfa Romeo

Quinta Ruban

Titleist

Bakers rolls & Lurpak Butter

Full cream milk

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

On 31/01/2020 at 05:43, A Boy Named Crow said:

I hate trying on clothes, so I stick to Uniqlo for shorts, casual shirts etc because I know I can just walk in and scoop up everything I like in an L and it will fit just fine. Likewise for work shirts, I know my measurements for TM Lewin  just buy them online whenever there’s a sale.

For other things, no brand loyalty at all..I’m about to ditch my iPhone 8, probably for a Samsung, but who knows?

To my regret I forked out for a fairly pricey top by Lyle and Scott, which on this occasion I never tried on. I've got a few so know my size. On this occasion it was too small and I ended up giving it away to one of the girls across the estate from me. Wont be doing that again.  :(

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

To my regret I forked out for a fairly pricey top by Lyle and Scott, which on this occasion I never tried on. I've got a few so know my size. On this occasion it was too small and I ended up giving it away to one of the girls across the estate from me. Wont be doing that again.  :(

Aye, that’s grim. I’ve done it before with jeans, where I just couldn’t be arsed going back and forth to find the right size...ended up with something clowns trousers!

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Watch out for slim fit shirts. I bought one once as it said extra large on the hanger. I failed to see it said slim fit on the label. I parted company with slim fit a long time ago and the shirt was like a corset on me 🙁

12 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Alfa Romeo

Quinta Ruban

Titleist

Bakers rolls & Lurpak Butter

Full cream milk

Used to always buy lurpak but it'ss poor compared to others out there though. Whilst nowhere near the best, even Anchor smashes it. 

18 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Used to always buy lurpak but it'ss poor compared to others out there though. Whilst nowhere near the best, even Anchor smashes it. 

I'll give it a go...:thumbs_up: