Top Posters In This Topic

• OBE

• i8hibsh

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Britain has now had 13 quarters of economic growth since the Brexit referendum. It's grown faster than Germany, France and the Eurozone as a whole in the last 2 years and according to the IMF it will grow faster than the Eurozone for the next 2 years

Interesting. Got a source for those two year figures (the actuals, not projections)?

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Do you want to show me I'm wrong then :D

How can we? Boris stashed all the figures along with the Russian Report. :lol:

When is this report out anyway?

12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Do you want to show me I'm wrong then :D

3 times out of 4 last year.

£450b of trade has just been chucked in the channel, because if some fake sense of non sovereignty, yet in Scotland, where sovereignty and democracy is stolen, you chose to not take it back.

There's a word for that, in fact, there's a few.

Anyway, enjoy your Brexit, it has fuelled my Independence, which I called a few years ago. Come to think of. I called Boris' wee tactical manoeuvring too.

English/ British was always the key to the door of Scottish Independence.

34 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

So with the banks not giving out any credit so far since 2008, when prices rise due to tariffs, I'll be passing mine on to the customer obviously, where is all the money coming from?

EU will be cautious with this tariff thingy. Businesses passing on increased costs to their loyal customers :vrwow:  who would've thought?

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

EU will be cautious with this tariff thingy. Businesses passing on increased costs to their loyal customers :vrwow:  who would've thought?

Mind all these German car manufacturers though shouting about a deal last 3 years?

It's almost like Davies, Gove, Farage et all have been talking shite.

Ainsley Harriott
50 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

When the CPI percentage is bigger than the GDP then we have a problem, is that right? :lol:

Cant believe your still allowed on here. 

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Cant believe your still allowed on here. 

I love your Caribbean recipes. Rice and peas with cinnamon is my fave!

14 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

75 minutes until we experience freedom from the EU

happy days my man, happy days. We are going to have our country back and there is nothing the Brussels loyalist snp can do about it.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

3 times out of 4 last year.

£450b of trade has just been chucked in the channel, because if some fake sense of non sovereignty, yet in Scotland, where sovereignty and democracy is stolen, you chose to not take it back.

There's a word for that, in fact, there's a few.

Anyway, enjoy your Brexit, it has fuelled my Independence, which I called a few years ago. Come to think of. I called Boris' wee tactical manoeuvring too.

English/ British was always the key to the door of Scottish Independence.

You really think we are losing £450 billion of trade by leaving the EU?

Edited by Francis Albert

And that’s that.

The triumph of fake news over common sense.  Now, instead of being a citizen of 28 countries, I’m a citizen of one.

And all because some old bints believe what the right- wing s***e newspapers tell them about being overrun with furriners.

Sad and Angry

Ainsley Harriott
2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

I love your Caribbean recipes. Rice and peas with cinnamon is my fave!

You love the idea of independence. You must be pretty happy tonight.

On 30/01/2020 at 09:34, OmiyaHearts said:

Life goes on as normal and hardly anything will change. That's my prediction.

Are you a hermit?

The idiots have taken over and it's official

Every one of the pro Brexit crowd kept talking about freedom and England can make it's own decisions now....Classy crowd who acted and looked as thick as a bowl of porridge

But it's done and though I still shake my head at the thought of a bumbling idiot leading the country and those equally bumbling voters there's no going back

Of course the UK is a major economy and will still survive and lets hope prosper in the future

though I think we need to get rid of dumb and dumber over the pond before we do 

On 30/01/2020 at 14:47, i8hibsh said:

Full control of our borders and punishing our criminals only in the UK.

So you are quite happy for the UK Government to decide who if any migrant workers will be allowed into Scotland to help the many Scottish Businesses that depend on these people.

Remember that this Government are suggesting they favour a points based system similar to Australia to allow anyone in to work in the country which will not be good news for the many Scottish Businesses that need these workers.

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

So you are quite happy for the UK Government to decide who if any migrant workers will be allowed into Scotland to help the many Scottish Businesses that depend on these people.

Remember that this Government are suggesting they favour a points based system similar to Australia to allow anyone in to work in the country which will not be good news for the many Scottish Businesses that need these workers.

As I read the Scottish government/SNP proposals they are are a less objective version of a points based system that equally judges potential immigrants on the basis of what they can contribute to the country they are emigrating to.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

I was alive when we joined the European political thing and now when we left it. 

I can't say I am that bothered. 

Same here. I travelled freely in Europe before we joined the EU. If I had really wanted to I could then have lived and worked in the EU as many of my generation did.

And the idea of moving to and working in the EU or Europe has always been an opportunity for a small minority of UK citizens.

Edited by Francis Albert

16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Same here. I travelled freely in Europe before we joined the EU. If I had really wanted to I could then have lived and worked in the EU as many of my generation did.

And the idea of moving to and working in the EU or Europe has always been an opportunity for a small minority of UK citizens.

Exactly.

The only ones that are whining about it are the nats who moan and whine about anything that doesn't suit their singular agenda of bootjack illiberal scots nat nationalism. 

We had to leave the EU as its been hijacked by the illiberal stazi leftist self serving elite. 

43 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It's the open door policy to migrants that have lead us to Brexit. 

You're are right though. We need professionals, we need Doctors and Nurses, we need folk to do the minimum paid jobs. 

What has happened though is far too many people have come over here, jumped on the benefits system and taken up housing.

We've let in thieves, beggars, criminals, murderers, sex pests, human trafficking gangs, drug gangs and all sorts have also been allowed to come. That was wrong. 

Immigration should always have been considered on a basis of skills. That is how it works in Canada, Australia, the US and New Zealand.

What skills do they have. Can they support themselves. Have they got a job to come to. Available employment at that time. Housing stock available and projected future housing stock are important factors. 

On the flip side of that. People who have come here, work as professionals and who contribute to the economy, should be allowed residency in the UK. 

Previous Governments have not had a handle on this situation or the impact of mass migration to the UK whatsoever and it has ultimately lead us to this. I also think this was shown in the way Scotland and England voted. 

If Scotland does gain Independence from the UK and rejoins the EU, we should not return to an open borders policy and we should not integrate ourselves into the EU to the extent that the UK did before. It would be a disaster waiting to happen. 

Nearly 4 years on and there’s still so many ignorant and misinformed fools about. Incredible. Brexit is a victory for dishonesty and lies. 

annushorribilis III
49 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's the open door policy to migrants that have lead us to Brexit. 

You're are right though. We need professionals, we need Doctors and Nurses, we need folk to do the minimum paid jobs. 

What has happened though is far too many people have come over here, jumped on the benefits system and taken up housing.

We've let in thieves, beggars, criminals, murderers, sex pests, human trafficking gangs, drug gangs and all sorts have also been allowed to come. That was wrong. 

Immigration should always have been considered on a basis of skills. That is how it works in Canada, Australia, the US and New Zealand.

What skills do they have. Can they support themselves. Have they got a job to come to. Available employment at that time. Housing stock available and projected future housing stock are important factors. 

On the flip side of that. People who have come here, work as professionals and who contribute to the economy, should be allowed residency in the UK. 

Previous Governments have not had a handle on this situation or the impact of mass migration to the UK whatsoever and it has ultimately lead us to this. I also think this was shown in the way Scotland and England voted. 

If Scotland does gain Independence from the UK and rejoins the EU, we should not return to an open borders policy and we should not integrate ourselves into the EU to the extent that the UK did before. It would be a disaster waiting to happen. 

1. The UK govt has always had the power to control this : as has every other EU member govt. 

2. Wrong. Cameron got concessions and cut welfare payments accordingly. 

3. UK Home Office has admitted to failing to provide details of "sex pests " et al who have moved to Europe from the UK (Google it) 

4. The UK govt always had the power to exclude anyone from the EU  , anyone without the means to support themselves. 

5.It's not a disaster : it's ignorance. 

Edited by annushorribilis III

16 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

1. The UK govt has always had the power to control this : as has every other EU member govt. 

2. Wrong. Cameron got concessions and cut welfare payments accordingly. 

3. UK Home Office has admitted to failing to provide details of "sex pests " et al who have moved to Europe from the UK (Google it) 

4. The UK govt always had the power to exclude anyone from the EU  , anyone without the means to support themselves. 

5.It's not a disaster : it's ignorance. 

1) Is the the exact point I was making. Previous Governments have failed to keep a handle on things. They did not take into account various factors. 

2) Still a key reason for immigration to the UK. Benefits include housing. Government and Local Authorities didn't have enough housing stock and weren't building enough housing to cope with the amount of people on the lists. = pissed off local communities blaming immigrants. 

3) That wasn't a point I made but entirely true. The UK failed to report crimes by EU nationals to their home Countries. However, immigration wasn't vetted properly as it should have been. Another failure by the UK government. 

4) But they failed to do so. Again the UK government failed. 

5) Immigration as suggested is fine. Open borders policy which the SNP will probably welcome, would not be. It has to be super strict. 

The reason why the majority of people in England in particular voted to leave the EU was down to immigration. Which is entirely the point I was making. 

In reality, it was the fault of Government. People will always blame outsiders for the lack of jobs/housing etc..

Scotland voted differently because we didn't feel the effects as strongly as other parts of the UK and in general, migrants have assimilated into Scottish society better than in other parts of the UK. 

And the real agenda for leaving the EU was about money. Framed as Sovereignty. So they could avoid regulation, lower corporation tax, make deals with the US and China and relax Standards and Regs. Had it been sold as that, then I doubt the majority would have voted for it. 

:rofl: Dafties demanding their change in new 50p coins. :jj_facepalm:

Must be those Onionist, non Onionists, who voted no but leave. So they can chuck them at what they are not, Scottish people.

Edited by ri Alban

On 30/01/2020 at 23:16, i8hibsh said:

We also have Interpol.

Interpol do not investigate, extradite or prosecute criminals. They have no investigators or agents.

They're pretty much an office that allows co-operation and effective communication between member states law enforcement agencies. 

They're not a global or international police force.

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Remember that this Government are suggesting they favour a points based system similar to Australia to allow anyone in to work in the country which will not be good news for the many Scottish Businesses that need these 

How did we manage before? You do know we will still have lots of migrant workers yeah? It just means we will actually get to vet them coming in.

And the world is a big place, why should most of our migrant workers just be from Europe?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

How did we manage before? You do know we will still have lots of migrant workers yeah? It just means we will actually get to vet them coming in.

And the world is a big place, why should most of our migrant workers just be from Europe?

Freedom of movement with India, Pakistan and Afghanistan. 👍

16 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Interpol do not investigate, extradite or prosecute criminals. They have no investigators or agents.

They're pretty much an office that allows co-operation and effective communication between member states law enforcement agencies. 

They're not a global or international police force.

Yes and seemingly will now be excluding Germany and Britain as a dual and mutual law abiding bi-lateral judicial partnership. Well, as a certain person believes anyway.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Freedom of movement with India, Pakistan and Afghanistan. 👍

Those countries ****ing despise each other.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Those countries ****ing despise each other.

They despise the UK anaw, won't stop them coming to live next door to you.

I see the ickle wickle Scottish Nats have a new shiny hashtag to keep their victim mentality going for the next year (until a new fancy shiney hashtag becomes more 'in vogue' that is). Since when did these ***** care about what the majority of Scotland voted for?

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They despise the UK anaw, won't stop them coming to live next door to you.

Indian people come here and integrate. I work with many who are in the most an asset to our company. 

Now we will see intense scrutiny over every individual coming here. I want their DNA on record too. This will not change the above.

52 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I see the ickle wickle Scottish Nats have a new shiny hashtag to keep their victim mentality going for the next year (until a new fancy shiney hashtag becomes more 'in vogue' that is). Since when did these ***** care about what the majority of Scotland voted for?

Majority of Scots want their country back. Next time Jonny foreigner won't get a say. Just like Brexit , which you would have lost, had the EU citizens had a vote.

22 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Does anyone know where I can buy some fireworks :flag3::byebye::653:

How I pictured the way your transaction went

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

How I pictured the way your transaction went

:D Seriously, I don't give a shit about Brexit one way or the other. I don't know why people on both sides waste their time and energy waving flags about.

It won't effect my every day life, the same as if Scotland are independent or not.

I know where you are coming from because it has an effect on your status 👍

Anyway off to the warm and sunny spots of Europe tomorrow morning with a wee bit extra euros in my pocket :D

On 30/01/2020 at 16:55, Old Blue Eyes said:

Here we go, ***king experts...Who was doing the pumping of the quarter of a trillion pounds?

My home pc, car, central heating, phone, camera and TV was all meant to go doolally. 

Experts convinced me to by a diesel, the experts changed their mind. Experts assured me this winter was gonna be the coldest in the last 20, due to the worlds axis being tilted X amount of degrees more than normal. I cut my grass today, it's 11 degrees in East Lothian. Experts predicted Andy Irving wood be lost in midfield on Sunday past...I have more but I reckon you get my drift.

I've no got 20 minutes to spare, I'll watch your Y2K thing later, conspiracy maybe?

YER DA! 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Funny how I felt a bit European before. I do feel totally a EU citizen now! 

Determined to see Scotland back with our friends in the EU as soon as possible!

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Funny how I felt a bit European before. I do feel totally a EU citizen now! 

Determined to see Scotland back with our friends in the EU as soon as possible!

:cornette_dog: