Morelos....

busby1985

In other news the SFA, SPFL and the complete cast of the Scottish Media appear to condone Sectarian abuse. Their indifference to it can only bring you to that conclusion.

The RFC PR department in full scale deflection this week. 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busby1985

• ...a bit disco

• DETTY29

• brunoatemyhamster

On 03/02/2020 at 03:13, Smithee said:

I'm amused by the concept of someone being stupider than Jane Park.

i’m confused how she thinks calling him a donkey in bed is an insult....Unless she likes men with smaller appendages..

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Preparing the ground-work for an exit to realize much needed funds.  The board and management will play the racist card about how he was driven out of Scotland  and Sevco reluctantly  had to accede to his wishes which is a sad indictment on the country. Traynor  probably has the script written already.

Yup Goebbels a complete amateur at propaganda,compared to level 5

Ex member of the SaS

Why do all the good looking women go for ugly Feckers like Morelos and Griffiths. I can give them my number if they want an ugly c^&t.

8 minutes ago, farin said:

Wee fredo just can’t get enough. 😀

64BFDFD4-805F-4EC1-A303-C0A5E74E9FE0.thumb.jpeg.48e050cd96a3d1725cb0fb369cefcbd8.jpeg

Money must have been the attraction for that beauty Queen.

Footballfirst
Here's the view of a journalist who covers South American football. I assume he is fluent in Spanish.

Simon Edwards@SimonEdwardsSAF
 South American football journalist. Colombia expert for @WorldFootballi Copa Libertadores & South American Football Show. Luxury #10, Paisa chiviado, Mono.

What Morelos actually says in this interview:
"There have been a lot of racist gestures towards me. Including in Aberdeen with my mum, she was with me & they threw coins, threw everything. Sometimes when I celebrate goals in away games"

"But no, I am a person who moves forward. Who doesn't stop... who doesn't pay much attention because the truth is it is my work and it's my passion to score goals and I know the others fans won't like that".

"Are you ever worried about your safety?"
"I don't know what they wanted to do, I don't know what they are going to do. They hadn't done what they wanted. If I hadn't noticed that the kid was under the car I don't know what could have happened"

In the interview he doesn’t once mention Celtic specifically but rather points to the racism & abuse he has received from away fans during his time in Scotland In passing he mentions one incident where his mother was in the ground playing against Aberdeen

Despite never once mentioning Celtic in the interview, every article has taken the inaccurate translation and lead with ‘Morelos slams racist Celtic’. The racist incidents are serious and it needs to be reported but this is a complete distortion of what was said or intended.

ImageImage
ImageImage

35 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Alfie 🤢🤮

Aye,  What’s It All About!?

Edited by Dannie Boy

...a bit disco
24 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Aye,  What’s It All About!?

Done that 4 hours ago!

4 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

"What's it all about, Alfie?"

IMG_20200204_131229.thumb.jpg.ccc65b22eb87ae6d181568c84c7b17ef.jpg

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Interesting development!

http://www.celticfc.net/news/17492

for those who dont want to click the link

CELTIC Football Club has today asked Sky Sports to conduct an investigation into an interview broadcast yesterday, which accused Celtic supporters of racist behaviour.

Translations provided to Celtic Football Club have shown inconsistencies between the words spoken during the interview broadcast and the subtitles used by Sky Sports.

In particular, and most concerning, while the broadcaster used the following subtitle on screen: "Afterwards it was very frustrating to hear the crowd screaming at me. They were saying offensive and racist words.”

Mr Morelos does not use these words anywhere within the extended interview which has been broadcast across Sky’s platforms.   

Celtic FC has asked Sky Sports to clarify their position on this matter.

Celtic, a club open to all since its inception, abhors racism. Our consistent stance is that wherever racism exists it should be tackled head on. Celtic will always investigate any report of racist behaviour and take appropriate action. This is a standard which all clubs should meet. 

Celtic needs no encouragement to pursue racism, particularly as players and management at the club have suffered abuse persistently over the years. The seriousness of such cases has been confirmed with the prosecution and criminal convictions of some of the perpetrators.

Celtic is proud of the wonderful reputation earned by its supporters over many years in many countries and at home. The club owes it to them to act in a responsible, dignified and professional manner and to treat racism with the seriousness it deserves.

William H. Bonney

God I wish both rangers and Celtic would **** off and leave us all in peace. 
Their tedious tit for tat bullshit is boring and pathetic. Do us all a favour and piss off. 

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

CELTIC Football Club has today asked Sky Sports to conduct an investigation into an interview broadcast yesterday, which accused Celtic supporters of racist behaviour.

Translations provided to Celtic Football Club have shown inconsistencies between the words spoken during the interview broadcast and the subtitles used by Sky Sports.

In particular, and most concerning, while the broadcaster used the following subtitle on screen: "Afterwards it was very frustrating to hear the crowd screaming at me. They were saying offensive and racist words.”

Mr Morelos does not use these words anywhere within the extended interview which has been broadcast across Sky’s platforms.   

Celtic, a club open to all since its inception, abhors racism. Our consistent stance is that wherever racism exists it should be tackled head on. Celtic will always investigate any report of racist behaviour and take appropriate action. This is a standard which all clubs should meet. 

Celtic needs no encouragement to pursue racism, particularly as players and management at the club have suffered abuse persistently over the years. The seriousness of such cases has been confirmed with the prosecution and criminal convictions of some of the perpetrators.

Celtic is proud of the wonderful reputation earned by its supporters over many years in many countries and at home. The club owes it to them to act in a responsible, dignified and professional manner and to treat racism with the seriousness it deserves.

Let the battle of statements commence! Actually this one is fair enough until the bit in bold.

Fined in Europe for fan behaviour every year. Banned their own fans for misbehaviour. Get complaints and bad coverage every time they play friendlies in England.

30 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Pure as the driven snow. Perpetual victims don’t you know.   Consistent searchers for truth and justice. However, to most not of their particular persuasion, enough to make you puke. 

35 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Hearts should’ve released a similar statement after investigating the Morelos racism incident. 

Thst died a quiet death did it not. 

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Yeah cause there was no evidence other than some Jake ball Rangers fans who suddenly become a lip reading expert. It was national news. It was played every half hour on talk sport and the hourly sky news bulletins. The club shouldn’t have just allowed this to float away. 

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Was mentioned in the past couple of days.

Think it was Daily Record or Sunday Mail.

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Never seen anything myself. No idea if it was dropped or not.

43 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The Daily Record has put up a full translation and compared it to what Sky put up in its subtitles.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-rangers-star-alfredo-morelos-21428201.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Wow Daily Record - defender of truth! LOL  it's somewhat Pot Kettle Black but would not expect the Record to pass up an open goal like this...

It is like one Rangers fanboy attacking another...

Edited by Spellczech

58 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Anybody got a link to this?

6 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Their tedious tit for tat bullshit is boring and pathetic. Do us all a favour and piss off. 

Agreed.

To be honest, I prefer Hibs to either of them. I mean that.

When I was younger, all the guys in Drog supported Celtic without question. Now, there's a couple who check the scores every week, but much prefer watching English football. I think most people have gotten sick of the toxic bile that both clubs represent...it's definitely something that makes Scotland look v bad. 

Coburg Hearts
9 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Why do all the good looking women go for ugly Feckers like Morelos and Griffiths. I can give them my number if they want an ugly c^&t.

Well played. Made me laugh.

13 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Think they would prefer your platinum plated American Express Gold card :(

12 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Same. Its ****ing exhausting and unavoidable. Get them both in the bin. 

hearts related nickname
On 03/02/2020 at 22:22, GlasgoJambo said:

As if by magic

I speak a bit of Spanish and that translation is shocking.  Very first line mentions fascism after that there's not one reference to it. The complaints are  about not being happy at lies being told about him, his mother (Aberdeen mattress banner) and his money, etc.  

Take racism out of the headline and you've got a fair reflection of the interview.  

Antagonistic football in fan abuse shocker

13 hours ago, milky_26 said:

They weren't even mentioned. Always the hurt party. The club with no shame.

Not the first time sky sports have mucked about with quotes from people. Raheem sterling said he'd never pick up a gun and they randomly added 'again' to the end of the quote. Completely changing the translation from an interview in Spanish is a step up in the 1984esque altering of the truth though. 

14 hours ago, milky_26 said:

The statement misses the last line

.........Celtic are also very proud to play into the hands of systematic sectarian abuse conducted in the main by our travelling support without once giving it any thought that the law should view this in the same light as racism. And whatever you do lets not talk about sweeping scandal aside or under the well worn carpets at Darkheid.

A club that has never shown shame but preaches inclusion. Scum, absolute human filth.

42 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

.........Celtic are also very proud to play into the hands of systematic sectarian abuse conducted in the main by our travelling support without once giving it any thought that the law should view this in the same light as racism. And whatever you do lets not talk about sweeping scandal aside or under the well worn carpets at Darkheid.

A club that has never shown shame but preaches inclusion. Scum, absolute human filth.

👋👋Well said. Hypocrisy at the highest level. Sectarian hate allowed to florish unabated by either the teams or our football governing authorities. 

Scottish footballs darker side. 

14 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah cause there was no evidence other than some Jake ball Rangers fans who suddenly become a lip reading expert. It was national news. It was played every half hour on talk sport and the hourly sky news bulletins. The club shouldn’t have just allowed this to float away. 

Could it be he/she/it was actually the translator used by Sky ?

As for Celtic’s reply , until they sort out their fans stance of being the sporting wing of the ira , they can go **** themselves too . 

3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Could it be he/she/it was actually the translator used by Sky ?

As for Celtic’s reply , until they sort out their fans stance of being the sporting wing of the ira , they can go **** themselves too . 

My money is on fatty Traynor supplying the subtitles via friendly hun loving 'journo'. 

5 hours ago, sjh1874 said:

The statement only needed a couple of lines and that was about it....

Racism won't chase Morelos from Rangers.

Things that may 'chase' him include

- An unbelievably good cash offer

- A  desparation for the need for any amount of cash by Rangers

- The or the continuing fact that Morelos just can't learn where that line is on the park  with Rangers not being able to do that much about it now due to the PR stance superseding any common sense football stance.

38 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

My money is on fatty Traynor supplying the subtitles via friendly hun loving 'journo'. 

You think ?🤔😂😂😂😂😂😂

...a bit disco
56 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Is there a better footballer/striker in Scotland...

Too easy...

Footballfirst

A further statement from Celtic and a complaint to OFCOM about Sky.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/17507

The statement starts:

THE statement issued by Sky Television is inadequate. It does not identify the source of the translation or why phrases, which bore no relationship to the words used by Mr Morelos, were introduced into it.

In view of the substantial issues of public interest involved, Celtic have lodged a complaint with the broadcasting regulator, Ofcom, who can seek the necessary answers and adjudicate accordingly.

It goes on to reproduce the letter of complaint.