Interesting article on yesterdays match

damo

I'm such a fan of this style of football.  It is not perfect however and our high defensive line was exposed twice yesterday to almost costly outcomes.  I was impressed however how our defenders raced back and threw themselves into the challenge to recover once we were caught out.  They all had each others backs which I absolutely loved.  We will demolish teams by 3,4,5 or 6 goals but we will get caught out now and again also.  So glad we have our mojo back though.

Can you imagine Billy Dodds, Chick Young, Willie Miller, Pat Bonnar or any of our other "experts" writing an article like that?                                              No neither can I.

highlandjambo3

The good thing here is other teams, coaches, managers etc...reading this will be more inclined to stop us playing like this which falls into the hands of us not bothering what other teams are doing, let them bother about us.  Let’s see if we can pull this off away from home now, if we control the game at the farm on Saturday and come away with 1 or 3 points then yesterday was planned.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I'm such a fan of this style of football.  It is not perfect however and our high defensive line was exposed twice yesterday to almost costly outcomes.  I was impressed however how our defenders raced back and threw themselves into the challenge to recover once we were caught out.  They all had each others backs which I absolutely loved.  We will demolish teams by 3,4,5 or 6 goals but we will get caught out now and again also.  So glad we have our mojo back though.

Yes, think we're all happy to see a positive approach with risks than a no risk negative approach. 

2 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

Can you imagine Billy Dodds, Chick Young, Willie Miller, Pat Bonnar or any of our other "experts" writing an article like that?                                              No neither can I.

Reading and understanding it would be a push, never mind writing it!!

11 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

No chance of any of that from the BBC....very interesting.

Yeah, their analysis amounted to a "ziggy-zaggy line"...

5 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Yeah, their analysis amounted to a "ziggy-zaggy line"...

Crayons involved?

AlphonseCapone

Really good analysis. The pictures and arrows along with the explanations are ideal for helping fans understand how the system works. 

Brilliant article. I love analysis like that. Balanced and neutral, explaining the system and the pros and cons. As others have said our pundits and writers should take note.

One of the players getting interviewed recently explained that the high press will lead to more chances at both ends but statistically should give more chances to the team doing the high press. 

I am pretty sure we would all rather watch exciting football and occasionally lose due to the space we leave at the back than watch us desperately trying to cling on to a 1-0 win by parking the bus.

One thing highlighted is that the back 4 need to improve on communication and positioning so we have a more effective offside trap. If other teams realise all the space is behind our defence they will just keep playing through balls and we need to ensure our defence is as well drilled as Arsenal back in the days of Tony Adams.

Great read.

Im being entertained again after years of eye bleeding garbage. We will lose some of course, but as time goes on the players will learn and tighten up.

Boyce is absolutely massive and Sean Clare (possibly at fault for not picking up Kent at their goal) is an absolute revelation, playing superbly and couldn’t be happier for the lad.

we hope that all our bad luck with injuries turns. 

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

Brilliant article. I love analysis like that. Balanced and neutral, explaining the system and the pros and cons. As others have said our pundits and writers should take note.

One of the players getting interviewed recently explained that the high press will lead to more chances at both ends but statistically should give more chances to the team doing the high press. 

I am pretty sure we would all rather watch exciting football and occasionally lose due to the space we leave at the back than watch us desperately trying to cling on to a 1-0 win by parking the bus.

One thing highlighted is that the back 4 need to improve on communication and positioning so we have a more effective offside trap. If other teams realise all the space is behind our defence they will just keep playing through balls and we need to ensure our defence is as well drilled as Arsenal back in the days of Tony Adams.

Time and consistency in personnel will help massively with this. 

21 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

I can't imagine any of them being able to write.

Portable Badger
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We demand the old i8 returns !!!   Can't cope with your new found positivity 😉

3 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

We demand the old i8 returns !!!   Can't cope with your new found positivity 😉

**** Budge and the SNP!

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Definitely. It's early days. And even yesterday we had 3 different left backs including a guy making his debut so they did brilliantly considering. 

I have been looking forward to a Souttar - Halkett partnership since last summer and it is finally possible and they both looked brilliant yesterday. But I don't know which of them is the Tony Adams, doing the shouting and organising the defence. Both are capable of it and it is great to have two potential captains back there but one of them - presumably Souttar - needs to take control and call the line, claim for offside, etc.

If we get that sorted it could be very exciting.

6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The BBC said “too zig zaggy” when describing phases of play yesterday 😂😂

I never have any idea about the technical side of things so that article explained a lot. It also suggested that we won because we didn't let Rangers play their usual game rather than Hearts won because The Rangers were crap.

18 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

🤣🤣🤣 stuck in the 80's the ignorant ****s

Brick Tamland

Great piece of sports journalism particularly liked "Rangers' defensive shape has turned into porridge 

:pleasingao:

You can see why he shifted the likes of Berra and Whelan. You need to be very mobile at the back in case of the counter attack. Up front you need energy, control and accuracy of passing when in possession to maintain the high press. There’s also very little room for individuality as the whole team need to work together as one unit. 
When it’s working it will be exciting to watch.   I commented yesterday on the match thread, buckle up as this could be interesting. If it fails we could be punished if it succeeds it’s a winner. 
I like it!

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Seriously though I am buzzing after beating the huns. Just gutted the derby came too soon.

Still one more to come...

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I think the defence will take a bit of time to perfect it, it’s all a bit chaotic and last ditch just now. In the video that was posted with no commentary you can hear Naismith screaming something to them when Defoe went well through in the first half, couldn’t quite make it out though. 
The fans and layers are feeding off each other and giving energy and power as Stendel likes to say. It’s all positives just now.

Really enjoyed that. Focused what we did good and what we could do better at. 

Remember this is all still so new to our players. We will see further improvement in the coming months and the players not cut out for it won't be around for long. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I thought it was Michael Stewart that said it when talking about the shape of the back 4 at one point on Sportscene. 

jambogirlglasgow
1 hour ago, corryjambo said:

I’d be very surprised if they could read it. 

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That and I'll bet that Oor Daniel will be drilling them like a maniacal dentist. 

Huh, I always wondered what real sports journalism looked like, as opposed to that kiddie on shite Sportscene churns out. 

Honestly, I want Sutherlands hard-drives checked. He's 100% no right. Skin crawl inducing weirdo.

14 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Still one more to come...

Two if we keep playing like last night; or if the hobos collapse as usual

Seymour M Hersh

JJ Bull is good at this sort of analysis in the Telegraph. However to counter balance his excellent articles they have that total Rsole Roddy Nasal Forsyth to make arse cheek feel at home. 

On us. It will take time to get it consistently right and defensively consistent players selection is pretty key especially in the middle (you only have to look Liverpool with CCD & Gomez) and they need to have pace. The more they train using the system and the more they buy into it the better it will become. 

This (gegenpressing) is exactly the reason I wanted a German coach. 

2 hours ago, corryjambo said:

Mind Blown Explosion GIF - MindBlown Explosion Mind GIFs

Can only imagine Craig levein watching this and what is going on here .... it must be the most opposite tactics imaginable from the negative dross he overseen.