Jack’s tackle on Henderson.

Walter Kidd

I take it that as he was booked it will not go to the compliance officer? Was an utter assault and should have been a straight red. 

Think booking was right having watched it back. Very cynical and ridiculous challenge but don’t think it was a red. 

3 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Think booking was right having watched it back. Very cynical and ridiculous challenge but don’t think it was a red. 

This is where I am with it too.

4 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

I take it that as he was booked it will not go to the compliance officer? Was an utter assault and should have been a straight red. 

Didn’t think so at the game, having watched it since I agree with you entirely.

Dirty wee rat. Still, he clearly came off worst as he stayed in for the second half. 😀

Apparently he's struggling with thigh issues. Nae luck.

🖕👍

Brick Tamland
14 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

I mentioned this in another thread, very late, reckless and both feet off the ground = straight red.

Flanagan's challenge on Henderson was also a straight red as he would have been 1:1 with the keeper.

And I guarantee had these challenges been on Sevco players we would have had red cards.

Yellow was the correct decision as he wasn't quite last man ala Sean Clare a few weeks ago. 

Edit, I'm thinking of Flanagan. 

Edited by Homme

6 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I mentioned this in another thread, very late, reckless and both feet off the ground = straight red.

Flanagan's challenge on Henderson was also a straight red as he would have been 1:1 with the keeper.

And I guarantee had these challenges been on Sevco players we would have had red cards.

I havent seen the Flanagan one again but thought at the game it was a red. Very similar to what Clare got sent off for v Aberdeen. 

Just now, HMFC86 said:

I havent seen the Flanagan one again but thought at the game it was a red. Very similar to what Clare got sent off for v Aberdeen. 

It was very similar to Clare. Including another defender being in line. 

1 minute ago, Spectre said:

But no even shown on bbc highlights 🤷‍♂️

Seem to remember us having a penalty shout for handball too. Not sure if it was in the box, but surely warranted being shown on the highlights?

10 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Oddly also not shown on the BBC "highlights" or discussed

Under the floodlight

Watched sky coverage, two ridiculous challenges on Henderson, Andy Walker said yellow cards about right.Henderson manhandles Kent and that was cynical foul and a deserved yellow card.

We need more balance in the coverage of Scottish football more professionalism.

19 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Watched sky coverage, two ridiculous challenges on Henderson, Andy Walker said yellow cards about right.Henderson manhandles Kent and that was cynical foul and a deserved yellow card.

We need more balance in the coverage of Scottish football more professionalism.

I don think any of the fouls merited a red card yesterday.

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not even close. We had no other cover with the Clare sending off. The Aberdeen was clean through. It was almost the case, but Rangers had players nearby. Never a straight red.

Under the floodlight
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I don think any of the fouls merited a red card yesterday.

Yeah, not saying any where reds just saying bias in the narrative, I'm getting a bit sick of the anti hearts bias from the media.

59 minutes ago, Spectre said:

They showed Ryan Jack's. Didn't show Flanagan one.

1 hour ago, Walter Kidd said:

A definite yellow, I thought, when rewatching it on the telly (though I wanted a red at the match).

42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Clare pulled a jersey - Jack’s tackle was a leg breaker!

NaturalOrder74

As much as I think that ref was a disgrace I’m just happy we still managed to win even against 12 men. Two or three of their players are worth a squad and a half of ours and to absolutely hammer them like that just shows how far we’re progressing 

28 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Flanagan also jumped into white with his elbow leading, that’s what burst whites face

Done that to his mrs previously as well!

Bazzas right boot

Bookings were right.

Clare's red was also correct, the Aberdeen boy was clean through.

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bookings were right.

Clare's red was also correct, the Aberdeen boy was clean through.

Henderson was clean through had Flanagan not taken him out and no one was catching him. 

jack D and coke

It was a rough one but I like games like that the game has gotten far too pussy like in recent years. There was no play acting everyone got on with it and credit to Henderson too for not making mountains out it. 
It was full a full bloodied game yesterday and i thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.  

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Henderson was clean through had Flanagan not taken him out and no one was catching him. 

That was worse imo purely because he looked like he’d gotten away. More cynical. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

The comparison is Lafferty's red card at Aberdeen. 

Agree. Pundits closed ranks on that one, straight red. No discussion on Jack’s challenge, but had it been us it would have been a different story

Henrysmithstaxi
1 hour ago, Spectre said:

Their editing of those highlights would make old USSR censors jealous 

Samuel Camazzola

Jack was booked. Correct decision. 

Flanagan was booked. Correct decision.

Flanagan not booked for foul on White. Incorrect decision. 

No penalty given for Polster handball. Correct decision. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

The comparison is Lafferty's red card at Aberdeen. 

By contrast to the BBC coverage of Jack’s tackle I remember they put a poll on their website asking if Hearts were out of order appealing Lafferty’s red card! An absolute disgrace!

2 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Seem to remember us having a penalty shout for handball too. Not sure if it was in the box, but surely warranted being shown on the highlights?

was 100% in the box and very clearly made his body bigger. Hearts TV made little fuss of it as it was hit hard from close range but under the current rules a pen I believe... Still want VAR Stevie?

Jack was a red card. He makes contact with Henderson's thigh during a slide tackle ffs. Not anywhere near the ball. Reckless challenge imo.

What am I missing here?

Jack got booked for taking out Irving in the lead up to the Boyce deflected effort.

And he was the one taking out Henderson....

So he didn't get booked for that challenge on Henderson?

Edited by DETTY29

Ex member of the SaS

TBF if refs can't be consistent during games you can hardly expect them to be in different games. I thought Kent's was a straight red due the fact it was reckless and denied a scoring opportunity. I agree that had that been at the other end a red would have come out.

2 hours ago, bn jambo said:

Straight Red every day of the week !!!!

Correct, folk justifying it by saying it wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity are ignoring the fact it was serious foul play, straight red would have been justified.

30 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

What am I missing here?

Jack got booked for taking out Irving in the lead up to the Boyce deflected effort.

And he was the one taking out Henderson....

So he didn't get booked for that challenge on Henderson?

Ignore, getting mixed up, it was Henderson that Jack tackled in the lead up to the chance.

Flannigan halfed him at halfway line-ish

Edited by DETTY29

2 hours ago, Under the floodlight said:

Yeah, not saying any where reds just saying bias in the narrative, I'm getting a bit sick of the anti hearts bias from the media.

I thought the ref gave them every 50-50 call.