15 Games Remaining

Romulus

15 games to go. We currently have played 12 home matches and 11 away, leaving us with 4 home games and 6 away games before the split. Once we play Celtic, we will have no further remaining old firm games left which is a boost.

This will leave us having played 16 Home and 17 Away pre-split and should technically mean we get 3 home ties in the split against the teams around us which could be a big bonus.

Currently 6 points off 7th place, I think this is a realistic target for us and beating the teams around us should hopefully see us comfortably safe.

avhudtheteeshirt

If you take our performance yesterday, and play the same way in the rest of the games, I feel we could realistically end up top 6?

It is a big ask, but after the first half of the season, the players owe it to the fans who have backed them in numbers all through this season!!!!!

6 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

If you take our performance yesterday, and play the same way in the rest of the games, I feel we could realistically end up top 6?

It is a big ask, but after the first half of the season, the players owe it to the fans who have backed them in numbers all through this season!!!!!

Absolutely no chance of top 6

4 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

The ridiculous thing known as the split will this season be a blessing. One more game against all the shite around us. I reckon we will finish 8th.

We fought tooth and nail as underdogs yesterday - just remember the “shite around us” will do the same when they play us!

Stuart McNeill

After yesterday. I'm fairly optimistic we can be sitting 10th by the weekend of results go our way. 

These are the next two 

Hamilton have :

Celtic (H) 

St Mirren (A) 

Aberdeen (H) 

Hearts (A) 

Motherwell (H) 

St Mirren :

Hibs (A) 

Hamilton (H) 

Livvy (A) 

Motherwell (A) 

Hearts (H) 

Should be comfortably ahead by the end of the next 5 fixtures. 

5 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

I think it’s a big ask to be honest. 12 points to make up and only 10 games pre split including trips to Pittodrie and Celtic Park. Anything 10th or above and a good cup run then that’ll do for this season.

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

It's mathematically possible - we can get a total of 47 points before the split, so Hibs in 6th on 29 currently need another 19 points; can they get those 19 points from nine 0-0 draws and a defeat in the Derby? Tricky...

avhudtheteeshirt
16 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

You're assuming Hibs and Livvi are going to win all their games, but I did say, it would be a big ask!!!!!

7th should be a realistic target, top six would mean an extraordinary run of victories in our last 10. 

Survive this season, regroup and then look higher next season. 

I reckon comfortably eighth place with a Scottish cup European place ‘ would love Ross county to go on a run and drag the tramps  into the bottom six 😁

23 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

It's mathematically possible - we can get a total of 47 points before the split, so Hibs in 6th on 29 currently need another 19 points; can they get those 19 points from nine 0-0 draws and a defeat in the Derby? Tricky...

Lay off the mind altering substances!

August Landmesser
Just now, Shaggy said:

Lay off the mind altering substances!

Yesterday has clearly sent me loopy!

It's unlikely, but not unimaginable, that we can win four more games than Hibs in the next ten.

Ha...this place can be nuts at times....of course yesterday was incredible and we have some very positive signs but....

We are still bottom of the league, yesterday was only our third league win of the season and we haven't won a league match outside Edinburgh in almost a year...

Let's go to St Johnstone this weekend and see what happens. At the very least we head to Perth this weekend feeling confident which is a massive boost for the players and us supporters.

The objective this week is still identical to last week....get off the bottom of the table!!!

Ex member of the SaS

We still have to break down teams that sit in, hopefully Boyce can bang them in from distance too. Much more optimistic after yesterday, but not getting carried away. One game at a time and hope those immediately above us loose all their games.

34 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

No chance

we need to be realistic

6 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

It's unlikely, but not unimaginable, that we can win four more games than Hibs in the next ten.

Correct. We'd realistically have to win at Fester Road and beat Motherwell, with sevco beating h1b5. That would leave 6 more points to make up on them from both clubs' remaining 8 fixtures, which would require a lot of wins for us or very few for them!

8 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I admire your optimism but i would take 10th right now. Good cup run and get a full summer pre season. Then go for the league next season!

One game at a time for me, yesterday was superb but too many times we have followed it up with a flop performance ala Ross county, if we play like that away from home we will pick up very quickly, I know that can’t be easy especially with the different atmospheres but we really need the same mentality home and away, hhgh.

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

I admire your optimism but i would take 10th right now. Good cup run and get a full summer pre season. Then go for the treble next season!

FTFY :wink: 

Edited by August Landmesser

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No chance

we need to be realistic

Are you saying you think going 10 games without a win at the decisive time of the season is not “realistic”? This is Hibs you’re talking about,  It’s called Hibsing it for a reason, we can catch them. But we will need to play like yesterday in every match which will be tough. 

Ex member of the SaS

Wed the 6th Feb could be a vital game with St Midden and Hamilton playing each other. A win against St J and Killie would do wonders and a scrappy 0-0  between St M and Hamilton would see us jump the two of them.

Another decent wee signing before the window shut at the end of the week you never know. I was totally resigned to getting beat yesterday but we didn’t much to my delight. As my late mother always said “never say never”.

52 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

After yesterday. I'm fairly optimistic we can be sitting 10th by the weekend of results go our way. 

These are the next two 

Hamilton have :

Celtic (H) 

St Mirren (A) 

Aberdeen (H) 

Hearts (A) 

Motherwell (H) 

St Mirren :

Hibs (A) 

Hamilton (H) 

Livvy (A) 

Motherwell (A) 

Hearts (H) 

Should be comfortably ahead by the end of the next 5 fixtures. 

I’d be shocked if Hamilton get anything from those 5 games.  St Mirren will be lucky to get 3 points. 

5 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’d be shocked if Hamilton get anything from those 5 games.  St Mirren will be lucky to get 3 points. 

Well if Hamilton get nothing, St Mirren will have at least 3...

As long as we finish above both the relegation place and play off place I'll be satisfied. 

7th would be great.

Top 6 would be an unbelievable feat.

William H. Bonney
12 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Hamilton are used to these types of games and will definitely pick up points when not expected. 
I wouldn’t be surprised if they beat Aberdeen and Motherwell. 

I reckon we need to be around the 45 point mark to make it into the top six. With ten games until that point, that’s 28 points to make up. We won’t get that. Finishing 7th after the shitshow of the last few months would be an amazing feat. 

26 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Wed the 6th Feb could be a vital game with St Midden and Hamilton playing each other. A win against St J and Killie would do wonders and a scrappy 0-0  between St M and Hamilton would see us jump the two of them.

We could jump them this weekend if we win and results go our way 

It's been said before but nit needs saying again:

Three points are always welcome but there is no point in beating a team at the top of the table if you then get beat by teams around you.

3 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

We could jump them this weekend if we win and results go our way 

We could . Being slightly pessimistic , suppose , in February , we draw on Saturday get humped by Celtic and win our other games ? Surely not unrealistic ?

34 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Being pedantic - one or both will get something when they play each other. Draw obviously the best outcome for us!

Everyone saying Hamilton are used to this, which is correct but the law of averages says they can't keep doing it year on year at some point they just wont have enough and hopefully that's this season!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Next 2 games  we need to take 4-6 pts vs Saints and Killie, could be crucial especially given the fixtures Accies and St Mirren have next week then they play each other. The Celtic game is a free hit then Accies at home and St Mirren away.

Hopefully we go into the next Derby off the bottom two spots, looking forward to a cup semi final and a smaller gap behind hibs too :beer:

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Nelly Terraces

Would take the worst, snidest, 1-0 on Saturday & think about the next game after that.

Performances mean zip - we need points & by any means possible. 

One game at a time and see where things go. Remember beating Celtic 4-0 and saying if that the game plan and attitude every week how far go this team go..... It doesn't work like that, players change their approach to every game unfortunately. 

54 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Looking at the remaining fixtures I think we actually have more of a chance of catching Livi than hibs, could get very close imho

As long as we finish at least 10th, I honestly don't care. 

Top 6 isn’t impossible but as good as. 

If we can win our next two, turn our attention towards the cup, get through and give Celtic a game, I'd say then that we've well and truly turned the corner and that we can look up to 7th and a Cup Final.