Reading This Site

NlGHTMARE

The Old Tolbooth

When we were first linked with Stendel, I was very excited by the thought of him being Hearts manager, but didn't think it would happen if I'm being honest, I knew he was good as I've a mate who's family are all Tykes, and they're gutted he's gone. When he was appointed I was uber excited, he's going to be the real deal up here for sure! 

Thanks NIGHTMARE for all your posting as well, you're a cracking poster mate :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

When we were first linked with Stendel, I was very excited by the thought of him being Hearts manager, but didn't think it would happen if I'm being honest, I knew he was good as I've a mate who's family are all Tykes, and they're gutted he's gone. When he was appointed I was uber excited, he's going to be the real deal up here for sure! 

Thanks NIGHTMARE for all your posting as well, you're a cracking poster mate :thumbsup:

I don’t think many of you realised just what you were doing appointing Stendel, your Club were adopting a footballing philosophy, and embarking on a massive overhaul, obviously it’s become more apparent as he’s settled into the role, but reading this site at first I don’t think some of you realised just how bigger change your club was about to go through. 

To play how Stendel wants to, he had to be able to change everything at the club, get rid of players not capable of playing his way even if they were senior pros with long standing affiliation to the club, bring in new football coaches, sports scientists, and fitness coaches, overhauling the youth teams to get them playing his style of football, and sign young hungry players and give them plenty of game time. 

The big big thing now though is once he’s done it, you won’t have to go through such a massive transition next time you have to appoint a new head coach, the foundations are in place, next time you need to appoint a new head coach it’ll be a lot simpler and smoother, you’ll just inform all the agents in Europe you’re looking for someone, to develop young players, play attacking, energetic high press, passing football, with young players who are already settled into this style, and sit back and watch the curriculum and vitae’s land in the club inbox, the work that’s being done now will stand the club in good stead for years to come. 

I didn't know much about him when he came in but I already feel he is the most exciting appointment since Burley...I'm just glad Budge took her time and apppears to have got her decision right.

11 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I don’t think many of you realised just what you were doing appointing Stendel, your Club were adopting a footballing philosophy, and embarking on a massive overhaul, obviously it’s become more apparent as he’s settled into the role, but reading this site at first I don’t think some of you realised just how bigger change your club was about to go through. 

To play how Stendel wants to, he had to be able to change everything at the club, get rid of players not capable of playing his way even if they were senior pros with long standing affiliation to the club, bring in new football coaches, sports scientists, and fitness coaches, overhauling the youth teams to get them playing his style of football, and sign young hungry players and give them plenty of game time. 

The big big thing now though is once he’s done it, you won’t have to go through such a massive transition next time you have to appoint a new head coach, the foundations are in place, next time you need to appoint a new head coach it’ll be a lot simpler and smoother, you’ll just inform all the agents in Europe you’re looking for someone, to develop young players, play attacking, energetic high press, passing football, with young players who are already settled into this style, and sit back and watch the curriculum and vitae’s land in the club inbox, the work that’s being done now will stand the club in good stead for years to come. 

In fairness I think a lot of us knew the amount of work that needed undertaken at our club. There was a lot of smoke and mirrors from the previous management but gradually they were found out by the vast majority of fans.

As soon as I found out about Stendel - thanks in the main to @Martin_T - I knew he was the right man for the club. There were those that stuck by (and some still are) the old regime, but I put that done to embarrassment. They nailed their colours to the mast and stubbornly stood by the colours as the ship quickly sank.

Stendel - to me - seems the type of man who remembers where he has come from. In that respect I am sure he will always have a place for Barnsley in his heart. But he’s a Hearts man now. He’ll be ours for a long time.

The last thing I would say is please keep posting on here. The Barnsley fans are more than welcome on the forum and if ever you fancy taking in a game I’ll put you up and show you the sights 👍

23 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

In fairness I think a lot of us knew the amount of work that needed undertaken at our club. There was a lot of smoke and mirrors from the previous management but gradually they were found out by the vast majority of fans.

As soon as I found out about Stendel - thanks in the main to @Martin_T - I knew he was the right man for the club. There were those that stuck by (and some still are) the old regime, but I put that done to embarrassment. They nailed their colours to the mast and stubbornly stood by the colours as the ship quickly sank.

Stendel - to me - seems the type of man who remembers where he has come from. In that respect I am sure he will always have a place for Barnsley in his heart. But he’s a Hearts man now. He’ll be ours for a long time.

The last thing I would say is please keep posting on here. The Barnsley fans are more than welcome on the forum and if ever you fancy taking in a game I’ll put you up and show you the sights 👍

Spot on, good post 👍

...and all our Glasgow media can come up with is that his English is poor.  Subtitles required to listen to them weegies talking,

Bridge of Djoum
On 27/01/2020 at 06:43, NlGHTMARE said:

It’s clear you’re all seeing Stendel the way Barnsley fans saw him, I’m really happy for him and you lot, I had no doubt he’d be brilliant for your club and give you what he gave us, I’m just glad you’re seeing it now and appreciating him his personality and footballing philosophy.

But you’ve not seen nothing yet this is just the beginning. 

You read the forum? Most of us just come for the Billie Piper pics. 

9 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I didn't know much about him when he came in but I already feel he is the most exciting appointment since Burley...I'm just glad Budge took her time and apppears to have got her decision right.

I agree it was worth the wait. Also pleasing that he was, by and large, the fans choice. 

I love Stendel already and feel we’ve seen nothing yet, the boys he’s brought in are all absolute class.

I also love how his efforts have kept the Hobbits and clowns away from JKB!

9 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

...and all our Glasgow media can come up with is that his English is poor.  Subtitles required to listen to them weegies talking,

Yeah a bit rich from a group of people who choose to express command of the English language by throwing the odd long word into a sentence. 

Edited by GinRummy

I'm glad it's working out for him and for Hearts. He's too exciting a manager to go back to Germany, which at one point I wondered if he might. I'm starting to get to know your players too so it'll be interesting to see how they continue to develop under him. I admit to knowing next to nothing about football in Scotland  We had an unbeaten season plus under him at fortress Oakwell so here's to a similar run for you. He's one on his own, and there will be plenty more Daniel moments to come on and off the pitch.

The Old Tolbooth
11 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Great post as usual mate, I reckon most Hearts fans were sick to the back teeth of Budge and Levein using us as some sort of experiment, so any new manager coming in will be subject to a great deal of scrutiny because of this, and your point about the groundwork already being done is a very good one, there's a lot more to do yet, but his methodology and application is absolutely fantastic and the fans love it! 

I'll give you a clue of how much the fans are buying into it, the last time we went away to Perth to play St Johnstone, we barely took 300 fans there and it's only 45 minutes away, that was only at the end of October and no one wanted to go and suffer another eye bleeding Levein bottle job (which it ultimately turned out to be as we lost 1-0), this time around when we go there at the weekend, we're begging them for extra tickets! There will probably be Hearts fans in the home end as St Johnstone don't have a big support too. 

Exciting times mate, exciting times :) 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

I love Stendel already and feel we’ve seen nothing yet, the boys he’s brought in are all absolute class.

I also love how his efforts have kept the Hobbits and clowns away from JKB!

I don’t know if I’ve missed posts but there’s certainly some posters missing :look:
Always wondered how many accounts that complete weirdo freak Coonster has on here too. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah a bit rich from a group of people who choose to express command of the English language by throwing the odd long word into a sentence. 

Come on man, we're not all like that. You won't see this weegie gasconading about my sentences being sesquipedalian.

jack D and coke
Just now, NlGHTMARE said:

both

Didn’t they come out and say he’d been trying to get another job? Speaking to another club or something. Did I imagine that lol?

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Didn’t they come out and say he’d been trying to get another job? Speaking to another club or something. Did I imagine that lol?

Sure that was the barnsley chairman that said that. Linked with Huddersfield. no idea if any truth in it

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

it all boils down all our players having a price, today rumours are flying about that we’re about to sell one to Brentford this week, despite him being quality for us, we all know it’ll happen, Stendel knew it was good to happen so he put the feelers out for another job 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Sure that was the barnsley chairman that said that. Linked with Huddersfield. no idea if any truth in it

Just now, NlGHTMARE said:

it all boils down all our players having a price, today rumours are flying about that we’re about to sell one to Brentford this week, despite him being quality for us, we all know it’ll happen, Stendel knew it was good to happen so he put the feelers out for another job 

Thought I’d read that aye👍🏼

52 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Come on man, we're not all like that. You won't see this weegie gasconading about my sentences being sesquipedalian.

😂 was more talking about the ‘broadcasters’. I wouldn’t dream of generalising and don’t include your average Buckie swilling native 😀

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I would guess some truth in it as he's not denied it, What I'm not sure about is how often these things happen. I can't see how it would work without some "unofficial* talks before an official wpproach is made. Doesn't alter the fact that he wasn't backed. Our loss is your gain.

3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Great post as usual mate, I reckon most Hearts fans were sick to the back teeth of Budge and Levein using us as some sort of experiment, so any new manager coming in will be subject to a great deal of scrutiny because of this, and your point about the groundwork already being done is a very good one, there's a lot more to do yet, but his methodology and application is absolutely fantastic and the fans love it! 

I'll give you a clue of how much the fans are buying into it, the last time we went away to Perth to play St Johnstone, we barely took 300 fans there and it's only 45 minutes away, that was only at the end of October and no one wanted to go and suffer another eye bleeding Levein bottle job (which it ultimately turned out to be as we lost 1-0), this time around when we go there at the weekend, we're begging them for extra tickets! There will probably be Hearts fans in the home end as St Johnstone don't have a big support too. 

Exciting times mate, exciting times :) 

Did I see on Twitter this morning that we've sold something like 1,500 tickets?  To a ground where we inevitably don't turn up while sitting at the bottom of the league, it's quite incredible.

WheatfieldWarrior
4 minutes ago, Haken said:

Did I see on Twitter this morning that we've sold something like 1,500 tickets?  To a ground where we inevitably don't turn up while sitting at the bottom of the league, it's quite incredible.

It'll be my first visit to St. Johnstone - somewhere for one reason or another I've missed out.

10 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

I would guess some truth in it as he's not denied it, What I'm not sure about is how often these things happen. I can't see how it would work without some "unofficial* talks before an official wpproach is made. Doesn't alter the fact that he wasn't backed. Our loss is your gain.

Also your 🇺🇸 chairman didn't seem the most reliable source with all the talk re image rights etc

The Old Tolbooth
14 minutes ago, Haken said:

Yes mate, and asking for more too, and there will be the inevitable walk ups on the day who don't know if they can make it until later on in the week as well, St Johnstone won't turn us away either as they're desperate for the cash, they open 2 stands for the uglies. 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Also your 🇺🇸 chairman didn't seem the most reliable source with all the talk re image rights etc

Agreed.  Quite a few things they've said and not said don't add up. In all honesty I wasn't expecting Daniel to stay with us for long but I did expect him to get a decent cracki at keeping us in the championship this season. 

2 hours ago, Haken said:

We have sold out our initial allocation although not exactly sure how many that is so far  (north stand holds 2k) and now requested additional tickets for West Stand.

Suggestions that we may take nearer 3k to this one.

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Yes mate, and asking for more too, and there will be the inevitable walk ups on the day who don't know if they can make it until later on in the week as well, St Johnstone won't turn us away either as they're desperate for the cash, they open 2 stands for the uglies. 

If we sell out our section of the West Stand they will open the South Stand for last minute sales and walk ups as you say they are desperate for the money.

Cory McNamara
On 27/01/2020 at 14:43, NlGHTMARE said:

It’s clear you’re all seeing Stendel the way Barnsley fans saw him, I’m really happy for him and you lot, I had no doubt he’d be brilliant for your club and give you what he gave us, I’m just glad you’re seeing it now and appreciating him his personality and footballing philosophy.

But you’ve not seen nothing yet this is just the beginning. 

What the future holds for Barnsley FC, I wonder.

In another 20 to 30 years we'll have another bright young manager starting their career in England with us who will be called Daniel and have a 2 syllable surname and offers exciting football , promotion and breaks club records. Us fans will be walking in his wonderland and he"ll be giving us plenty of waves!

On 28/01/2020 at 13:35, 3fingersreid said:

The two Barnsley fans posting have been very informative and more than welcome on here .

Both seem like proper fans supporting their local club and not taking the easy option of following a bigger more successful team , sounds familiar.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏🇵🇱🇶🇦

The saga of getting a new manager in post went on for weeks and weeks, and the club was heavily criticised for it - not least by our own fans. I’m so glad Ann Budge stuck to her guns and waited to get the right man in though. It’s still early, but the indications are she may have pulled off a masterstroke.

On 28/01/2020 at 22:40, Tasavallan said:

Is that that right, Barry or is it Ken, likesy!

Cory McNamara

Barnsley Football Club

38529167380_3f1022880c_b.jpg

6s2JSWLZ2Oz-BCWxtF0pNOvl_WMrPtVLeHu3x_-8

1912 Cup Final at Crystal Palace (Barnsley vs West Bromwich Albion)

1912 Barnsley vs West Bromwich Albion (FA Cup Final replay)

12 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Keepers should go back to wearing flat caps IMO

Definitely,  No need for these new fangled baseball caps!

Edited by Redhelen