St Johnstone on Saturday

22games nro

portobellojambo1
12 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Right. After that performance yesterday I’m seriously thinking of taking my 2 girls to their 1st ever away league game. 

What’s  the chances of their being a cash gate?

Don't know if anyone has responded to you, but I don't think they will operate a cash gate. The initial HMFC allocation has gone in full but I think we are trying to get some more (although you've said you don't fancy purchasing online as your weekend arrangements may change). Another option for you, if you are able to go, is to consider the family stand (at the other end of the ground from the away stand), if your two daughter's are both under 13 then the three of you get seats in there for a combined price of £17.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Kiwidoug

• HMFC86

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

portobellojambo1

Saturday's game possibly takes on even more importance now after yesetrday's result. In our present situation there is no point in picking up 3 points against one of the OF if you can't perform to a similar standard against those teams around you. A good result on Saturday and a win next midweek versus Kilmarnock would be a massive boost.

As a SC we are noticing an immediate impact, the bus to Perth sold out overnight and the empty seats for the cup tie are disappearing as well. And the club will also notice a diference as well, they are about to discover that the best way to get money into the club is by performing to an acceptable level on the park and the rest of the business just takes care of itself as a result.

Edited by portobellojambo1

To get back to back wins would be excellent psychologically & would indicate that Stendels philosophy is starting to bear fruit.

A confident team performs better & results do tend to improve.

Would be great to get a run going & who knows maybe it started yesterday.

16 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Don't know if anyone has responded to you, but I don't think they will operate a cash gate. The initial HMFC allocation has gone in full but I think we are trying to get some more (although you've said you don't fancy purchasing online as your weekend arrangements may change). Another option for you, if you are able to go, is to consider the family stand (at the other end of the ground from the away stand), if your two daughter's are both under 13 then the three of you get seats in there for a combined price of £17.

that’s exactly what I was thinking of doing. Thanks for that though. 

Should be considered a winnable fixture given our performance last time out. Even more so given they play Celtic midweek and have just lot (arguably) their best player...

Stendel'sGorgieArmy

This will give us all an indication as to how far we've come. 

For those with short memories, this fixture was Levein's final one in charge. It was, without doubt, one of the poorest Hearts displays I've seen in many many years.

Going into this one hopefully with some confidence, some fresher legs (they play midweek v Celtic) and a bit of belief.

Im at hospitality. Very much looking forward to it. 😁

3 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

That’s me and the wee man sorted for tickets. Cannot wait! 

Parking at the stadium best? 

I would park in the near by streets. Can take a long time getting out the car park at the ground 

6 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

I would park in the near by streets. Can take a long time getting out the car park at the ground 

Ah ok. Anywhere you suggest for heading north? 

I normally get there about 2pm and just get as as close as I can (normally no more than about a 5 min walk). Coming from Aberdeen just take the turn off for the ground from the A9, go past the ground on the left. go straight on at the roundabout and then turn left into the streets in that area. Never had a problem. Good luck

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

I normally get there about 2pm and just get as as close as I can (normally no more than about a 5 min walk). Coming from Aberdeen just take the turn off for the ground from the A9, go past the ground on the left. go straight on at the roundabout and then turn left into the streets in that area. Never had a problem. Good luck

cheers mate much appreciated 👍🏻

It's not long ago at all that stalwart Jambos on here were posting genuine feelings of apathy.  Some stopped attending. Gates were down 2,000 plus.

What a turnaround.  The mood of justified optimism is infectious.  I'll be lucky to stay in bed until 4am on Sunday.  Can't wait to see the line-up and the bench.  Very much hope Stendel has his full squad to pick from other than Haring.  Might even be another newcomer in by then.  Certainly looks like it judging by comments he has made.

We have failed to score in the 1st half of our last two games.  Very confident that won't be the case in Perth.

Envious of every Jambo who will be there.

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's not long ago at all that stalwart Jambos on here were posting genuine feelings of apathy.  Some stopped attending. Gates were down 2,000 plus.

What a turnaround.  The mood of justified optimism is infectious.  I'll be lucky to stay in bed until 4am on Sunday.  Can't wait to see the line-up and the bench.  Very much hope Stendel has his full squad to pick from other than Haring.  Might even be another newcomer in by then.  Certainly looks like it judging by comments he has made.

We have failed to score in the 1st half of our last two games.  Very confident that won't be the case in Perth.

only looks like about 300 or 400 tixs left in the North stand and only 4 tixs in our section of the West Stand. Presumably they'll allocate the South Stand to Hearts as well

Edited by maroonsgotop

37 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

That’s me and the wee man sorted for tickets. Cannot wait! 

Parking at the stadium best? 

The last time I parked in the stadium car park it took an hour to get out after the game. If I manage to go I'll be looking for somewhere else.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

**** I have missed being positive before games.

St J 0 Hearts 2

Short gig up the M90 lad.  You know u want to 😉

pettigrewsstylist
45 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

only looks like about 300 or 400 tixs left in the North stand and only 4 tixs in our section of the West Stand. Presumably they'll allocate the South Stand to Hearts as well

Suspect a signing this week might add enough possibly .

2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

The tactical genius that is Tommy Wright will have us sussed for this one.

Yup, he came out after the last game and said he knew how to deal with a high pressing style of game . This time he needs to worry about the same style but with different players, so right up ye , yer fat ******* 

We are coming back down the M90 with 3 points on Saturday evening. Believe it. 
We’re winning this one! 
The lads have bought into Stendel’s way and have the bit between their teeth. He’s got his own backroom staff, got rid of negative influences and signed some really good players with more to come.

St.Johnston are getting swept aside by this. 

Mon the Hearts!

It took a Berra OG for them to beat possibly the worst Hearts team in my lifetime last time up there.  Stendel’s team will wipe the floor with them, we just need to take our chances.

9 hours ago, 1953 said:

The last time I parked in the stadium car park it took an hour to get out after the game. If I manage to go I'll be looking for somewhere else.

Ah ok, I’ll look somewhere else then 👍🏻

Perth is always a hard place to go.  Hopefully we will have a big travelling support to generate good atmosphere and help us to kick on.  

Family package for Ormond Stand - £34 for 2 adults and 2 kids. Pretty decent. 

Tickets bought direct and scanned onto phone from email. No charges. Tic office number is 01738 455000

Edited by PTBCAL

I see Hearts twitter says extra tickets from St Johnstone should be arriving today - I'll be refreshing every half hour 😂

Parking in one of the streets off Newhouse Road or West Mains Avenue is usually good for a quick getaway.

After the game if you head up Newhouse Road and along Hillend Road, Ettrick Drive and then Lamberkine Drive it will bring you to the Broxden Roundabout which should avoid a lot of the traffic on the busy part of the bypass by the stadium.

CavySlaveJambo
44 minutes ago, JH-HMFC said:

I see Hearts twitter says extra tickets from St Johnstone should be arriving today - I'll be refreshing every half hour 😂

I am doing the same. Normally something announced by now though

14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Spot on. For the first time in my life I stopped going to home and away games, despite having paid £500 for a ST. I needed a break as I just wasn’t enjoying it anymore. Then in comes Stendel and my passion has returned. The Aberdeen game in particular had me buzzing and wanting more. Burnt a half day’s annual leave to go to Dingwall, plus another day for the following day, and now wouldn’t dream of missing a match. I can accept us losing games, but I very much doubt we’ll ever see the lack of passion from the players that we saw under Levein.

Exciting times ahead for us.

So

Joel

Clare Halks Souttar H/G/W(fittest!)

Sibbick Irving

Washington Naismith Donis

Boycey

Bobby, An LB, Smith, Uche, Ryo, Hendo, Bozi

Yeah?

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

So

Joel

Sibbick Irving

Boycey

Yeah?

Have you forgot about Moore? He was excellent again

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

So

Joel

Sibbick Irving

Boycey

Yeah?

I feel Henderson deserves to keep his place, any problems we gave them on Sunday in the first half were because of him, though he did fade in the second half, maybe give Hendo and Donis a half each to see who's our best option.

23 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Looks like they're here now - update on twitter and back on etickets, both West and North available 

CornhillHearts
24 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

New batch of tickets now on etickets

7 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Have you forgot about Moore? He was excellent again

Horses for courses for me mate, I think Lewis still needs to learn to impose himself and use his body better, be a bit more streetwise.  Not dropped, just squad game etc.

7 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

I feel Henderson deserves to keep his place, any problems we gave them on Sunday in the first half were because of him, though he did fade in the second half, maybe give Hendo and Donis a half each to see who's our best option.

Kinda similar to the above.  I just don't think he will unlock a defence in a tight game (just now, it may come).  I think we want to go at them with our very best attacking options and, while Moore and Hendo give us energy and a cool rawness that I love, I think Washington's power and Donis' creativity and nouse around the box (I hope he has these things!!!) are what's required on Sat.

22 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

So

Joel

Sibbick Irving

Boycey

Yeah?

Yep I’d go with this. Maybe smith in at Centre Mid and Sibbick Lb if other 3 don’t make it. 

1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

Spot on. For the first time in my life I stopped going to home and away games, despite having paid £500 for a ST. I needed a break as I just wasn’t enjoying it anymore. Then in comes Stendel and my passion has returned. The Aberdeen game in particular had me buzzing and wanting more. Burnt a half day’s annual leave to go to Dingwall, plus another day for the following day, and now wouldn’t dream of missing a match. I can accept us losing games, but I very much doubt we’ll ever see the lack of passion from the players that we saw under Levein.

Exciting times ahead for us.

We also will never see any lack of bottle from Daniel to go out and try to win the game!

alicante jambo

We must go out to win this. After pumping sevco we need to keep the momentum up and this game could maybe take us off the bottom. Once we are off the bottom i have no doubt the points will keep coming. Come on the jambos.

Another two tickets bought. With Hibs at home to ST Mirren and Accies playing Celtic we could just possibly jump up to 10th if everything goes our way, fingers and everything else crossed.

33 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Another two tickets bought. With Hibs at home to ST Mirren and Accies playing Celtic we could just possibly jump up to 10th if everything goes our way, fingers and everything else crossed.

Assuming we win!!! We will certainly have a good support to spur the boys on.

This is the sort of game we really should be winning to get us up the table and hopefully it is a better performance than the Ross Co game.