Hugh Burns

132goals1958

Hope you enjoyed the result today, So you were only here for the hospitality and your team would go on to win in the second half . One of our worst signings ever so we must have been scraping the bottom of the barrel. A Hearts legend my arse.

He's palS with Gary Locke who sorts out his tickets.

The story that when he signed for hearts that rangers were so desperate to get rid of him that we had to take him to get McPherson

An out and out bigoted arsehole, and that was when he played for us. Greeted by silence which was good. After the Alex Macdonald debacle last season it was disappointing to see us play the played for both clubs card again. Never again thanks. 

Just now, Newton51 said:

He's palS with Gary Locke who sorts out his tickets.

The story that when he signed for hearts that rangers were so desperate to get rid of him that we had to take him to get McPherson

Would have thought Gary had better taste

Alex MacDonald didn't want to sign Hugh Burns. He was told by Souness if you want Dave MacPherson you have to take Hugh Burns as well or it's no deal. He didn't like John Colquhoun and would rarely pass to him. Think I remember hearing they had a bust up or two before he was released. Was it Dunfermline he ended up at? Can't remember but sounds familiar. he was a decent player but his head was full of shite. He's nowhere near legendary status. A bigot aye. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, jambonian said:

Alex MacDonald didn't want to sign Hugh Burns. He was told by Souness if you want Dave MacPherson you have to take Hugh Burns as well or it's no deal. He didn't like John Colquhoun and would rarely pass to him. Think I remember hearing they had a bust up or two before he was released. Was it Dunfermline he ended up at? Can't remember but sounds familiar. he was a decent player but his head was full of shite. He's nowhere near legendary status. A bigot aye. 

Did someone actually say he was a legend?

3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

An out and out bigoted arsehole, and that was when he played for us. Greeted by silence which was good. After the Alex Macdonald debacle last season it was disappointing to see us play the played for both clubs card again. Never again thanks. 

Ditto

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

I don't know for sure but that's what the OP (132goals in 1958)  suggested so I was responding to that. If that was said then someone's having a laugh!

Thought he spoke quite well in hospitality and still has a bit affection for the club even tho hes an out an out Bluenose, cant ask for anything else to be fair ………

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Normally they ask a Hearts Legend to do the half time draw.

Came on to silence, Scott Wilson gave him a verbal slapping 3 times in their 30 second chat, then departed to silence, before his team got beat. Hope the pie was worth it Shuggie...   

9 minutes ago, jambonian said:

p368.jpg.00074d12ed0a733bf16432b93edcc426.jpg

9 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Yeah that's the story. He was a journey man who had double figures of clubs and ended up in the juniors at lark hall. Used to be on rock sport before it went to the wall. Rangers TV have ditched him too now

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I don't know for sure but that's what the OP (132goals in 1958)  suggested so I was responding to that. If that was said then someone's having a laugh!

Exactly. A laugh.

Fozzyonthefence
26 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Beat me to it.  A perfect match for that disgusting club.

13 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

He didn’t like JC, that was a fact. And as mentioned above, Walter Kidd threatened to kick Burns ***** in once or twice over it. 

tartofmidlothian

Scott Wilson was class, though.

"I know it will wind up the Hearts fans, but I'm sure the Rangers fans are enjoying it."

"Only the ones who never saw you play, Shug." :lol:

Edited by tartofmidlothian

Strawberry Jam

The rumour was that he only celebrated with JC (in the pic above) because he scored against Celtic. Horrible person and pretty push football player. 

been here before

Snidey rat faced *****. He couldnt het back up that tunnel quick enough the free loading Rangers wank

Should have just got one of the wee laddies on the pitch at half time to do the draw.

Strange one. I know nothing about the guy but the name rang some bells.

Was in hospitality today and I did wonder if it was the same guy I’d heard such bad things about.

He came across ok but clearly someone hearts shouldn’t be inviting back.

SectionDJambo

I was down to the gents early and couldn't believe hearing his name from in the concourse. Hugh Burns!

One of the worst footballers we have had in my lifetime, and a nutter as well.

Could have got Michael Smith or another Hearts player, not involved today, to do the draw. 

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

what happened with MacDonald? I missed that

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Hope you enjoyed the result today, So you were only here for the hospitality and your team would go on to win in the second half . One of our worst signings ever so we must have been scraping the bottom of the barrel. A Hearts legend my arse.

We got him and big Dave McPherson as part of the same deal. Most jambos have forgotten Burns or wish they had.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Scott asked him on the pitch at the HT draw.

"Rangers goal looked offside, Alex?"

"No, good goal"

Hearts fans take the hump.

He will always be a bluenose, a fantastic manager for us that deserves legend status.

But too many lose all sense of humour and see it as disrespectful.

:facepalm:

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

He was unsurprisingly very pro Sevco when Scott Wilson spoke to him at half time. Massive respect for Doddie after all he did for us but ultimately when put in that position he was always going to back the club he supports and who employ him in an ambassadorial role. He came over as a bit of an auld arse. Surprised the same mistake was made today. 

steviefrailspants
56 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Pretty sure JC had just scored against Celtic in that picture  - probably why Burns is happy...

4 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Scott asked him on the pitch at the HT draw.

"Rangers goal looked offside, Alex?"

"No, good goal"

Hearts fans take the hump.

He will always be a bluenose, a fantastic manager for us that deserves legend status.

But too many lose all sense of humour and see it as disrespectful.

:facepalm:

But he was offside to be fair! 

Just now, steviefrailspants said:

Pretty sure JC had just scored against Celtic in that picture  - probably why Burns is happy...

Think so

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

He was unsurprisingly very pro Sevco when Scott Wilson spoke to him at half time. Massive respect for Doddie after all he did for us but ultimately when put in that position he was always going to back the club he supports and who employ him in an ambassadorial role. He came over as a bit of an auld arse. Surprised the same mistake was made today. 

I thought it was Hugh Burns on the park at half time? What game were you guys at ?

steviefrailspants
1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Think so

Cracking goal from distance into top corner - which Billy McNeil went on to describe as flukey or some such pish.

Pasquale for King

Who the **** asked that hun *****, some of the decisions are all a bit too cosy with these horrible *******s for my liking.

7 minutes ago, steviefrailspants said:

Cracking goal from distance into top corner - which Billy McNeil went on to describe as flukey or some such pish.

Ahh remember that