CJGJ

Coronavirus serious but this is ridiculous in Edinburgh

SpikeDudley

A member of my household spent the weekend in and around Milan and is flying back today

:wow:

Mac_fae_Gillie
1 hour ago, hueyview said:

Have a slight cold, and some underlying medical issues  Hope to be clear in a day or two, as you want to be in decent health, if you can when this virus really arrives..

Notice the Chinese numbers of new infections are slightly reducing....

I think the major problem with spread in Britain, Europe, USA. Is that folk, unlike in China, etc. Will refuse to follow orders, be bloody minded and do what they want... Potentially coupled with their financial independence, will be difficult to manage....

Interesting to see the legal side of this self Isolating for the employee.

Imagine you come back from 10days in Italy Government say self isolate if feeling unwell, how many folk get sniffles on a plane flight any way. So you phone boss on return sorry  but I got take any 14days off.. hmm now my place of work that would mean the next person on holiday is buggered.

What happens to those that need paid with zero savings or debt suddenly 2 more weeks no pay? they just sit at home and get more in debt thx to 24hour central heating been on etc.

OmiyaHearts
53 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed, flu does kill many more people and that is why I have no real concerns about this virus, unfortunately not everyone is as unconcerned as I am about it.

It's annoying me as well. People are overreacting, probably due to the way the press report it.

Terms like 'super spreader' used by Sky and 'killer virus' doesn't help the situation at all.

hueyview
27 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Interesting to see the legal side of this self Isolating for the employee.

Imagine you come back from 10days in Italy Government say self isolate if feeling unwell, how many folk get sniffles on a plane flight any way. So you phone boss on return sorry  but I got take any 14days off.. hmm now my place of work that would mean the next person on holiday is buggered.

What happens to those that need paid with zero savings or debt suddenly 2 more weeks no pay? they just sit at home and get more in debt thx to 24hour central heating been on etc.

Yes, but most bosses, public and private would not want you anywhere near their pace of work.

I can see local food drop offs, government emergency taking control of electric and gas to avoid as you say, the heating/ lights going out because of folk not paying bills/prepayment metres.

Emergency powers....     Almost like in an 70s nuclear information warning or chemical...

Of course this depends on the severity of effect of day to day living........

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's annoying me as well. People are overreacting, probably due to the way the press report it.

Terms like 'super spreader' used by Sky and 'killer virus' doesn't help the situation at all.

Exactly, lost count of the times I shouted at the TV to stop calling this poor guy a 'super spreader'.

I agree the media is partly to blame, however because it's a new virus and nobody has any immunity to it, people will fear it.

Even although I am in the high risk group, I have not seen anything about this virus which scares me, that might change if it mutates, but until that happens, there are many other things which could kill me ahead of Covid-19.