Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

NHS in various regions are now starting to cut right back on routine care services.  Some of it very important care.  It's almost as if it was a good idea to try to limit the volume of covid they get day on day or week on week.

They’ve been cutting back on routine care since late March. Where are you getting that they are starting to cut back on it now?

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I witnessed a comical and also horrible site today.  I was in the Princes Mall having a coffee with a mate.  Anyway there was a lad also there with a couple of mates. He was about 19 years old.  Music was on the sound system thingy.  One song was " Im on my way" and he started singing it and jumping about it . All in good nature. I assumed he was a Hibbee ?  Anyway about 10 mins later  we heard a scuffle outside the centre at the stair down to the station.  The lad was arguing with the security as they threw him out for not wearing a mask.  

This all quickly escalated and  4 Police  and 2 undercover ones got involved . He was on the deck within minutes shouting his head off. struggling on the ground.  Some of the police had no masks on or they had fell off.  Anyway the lad started shouting " I cant breath "  " Ive got asthma"  " Get the **** off me".  Whilst slightly comical it was quite disturbing as the police were really pushing him to the ground etc.  He clearly wasn't given a ****  as he was shouting in their faces but was obviously distressed. They managed to get him off the ground and he got huckled away.  All for no wearing a mask it seems.  ! 

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

That’s a lot of tests. Surely if they can keep those figures up it will help. 

They are trying to test the population of Liverpool

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I witnessed a comical and also horrible site today.  I was in the Princes Mall having a coffee with a mate.  Anyway there was a lad also there with a couple of mates. He was about 19 years old.  Music was on the sound system thingy.  One song was " Im on my way" and he started singing it and jumping about it . All in good nature. I assumed he was a Hibbee ?  Anyway about 10 mins later  we heard a scuffle outside the centre at the stair down to the station.  The lad was arguing with the security as they threw him out for not wearing a mask.  

This all quickly escalated and  4 Police  and 2 undercover ones got involved . He was on the deck within minutes shouting his head off. struggling on the ground.  Some of the police had no masks on or they had fell off.  Anyway the lad started shouting " I cant breath "  " Ive got asthma"  " Get the **** off me".  Whilst slightly comical it was quite disturbing as the police were really pushing him to the ground etc.  He clearly wasn't given a ****  as he was shouting in their faces but was obviously distressed. They managed to get him off the ground and he got huckled away.  All for no wearing a mask it seems.  ! 

**** him 😂

Prophetic song though. He’s on his way now

Edited by GinRummy

Universal basic income would have been perfect for dealing with paying people to isolate.  Tailor made.  It could also be done via the furlough scheme.  

On a means basis of course.  Those who really need it and **** all for those on comfortable earnings.  Doctors,  for instance.  A doctor wouldn't need to think twice about losing 10-14 days worth of income.

6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

That is the issue I have tried to get across loads of time’s - scotgov and advisers are good at telling us what to do, but very poor at being realistic about what we WILL do.

They are insulated and protected where the rest are not.

pay me my income to sit at home for 2 weeks and it’s rock out with my cock out.

tell me to sit at home for 2 weeks and not get paid? 

2 weeks pay can be a big loss for some people. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They’ve been cutting back on routine care since late March. Where are you getting that they are starting to cut back on it now?

News articles showing NHS Trusts reporting their routine care being cut back.  

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Maybe something more serious occurred during the 10 minutes later period.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Universal basic income would have been perfect for dealing with paying people to isolate.  Tailor made.  It could also be done via the furlough scheme.  

On a means basis of course.  Those who really need it and **** all for those on comfortable earnings.  Doctors,  for instance.  A doctor wouldn't need to think twice about losing 10-14 days worth of income.

Do you realise how much good quality leeches cost these days?

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

News articles showing NHS Trusts reporting their routine care being cut back.  

If it means cut back from normal levels then fair enough but if it means further cutbacks from how far behind they are right now then god help us. I know through personal experience and the experience of close friends and workmates that some routine care has already been sidelined for several months and some since the start of all this.  

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

**** him 😂

Prophetic song though. He’s on his way now

Aye he will have free board and lodgings tonight in a top City centre location..( St Leonards) Im not saying who was at fault but i think there was an over action from the police.  They should know that that type of person ( and Im not judging) are probably very volatile. He clearly flipped . He said at one point.  " Where the **** where u when i got stabbed in the face? " I've worked with lads like him in some of my jobs and they need a special type of handling and de escalation skills.  Those skills weren't in much evidence today. I suppose he was lucky he wasn't black or in America. :) 

35 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I thought the both taste like chicken.

Maybe I've got covid.

I'll let you use your imagination as to the difference. 

pheasant-cd7ecb9.jpg?quality=90&resize=9

Screenshot_20201112-190304_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Dawnrazor

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Maybe something more serious occurred during the 10 minutes later period.

Yes I didnt see the full picture between him  being on the deck and before. I did witness him shouting etc in their faces when they tried to usher him up the Waverly steps. It then went pear shaped. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

If it means cut back from normal levels then fair enough but if it means further cutbacks from how far behind they are right now then god help us. I know through personal experience and the experience of close friends and workmates that some routine care has already been sidelined for several months and some since the start of all this.  

Either way,  the policy always was to limit the flow of covid to enable the maximum capacity to deal with routine care and elective proceedures.  

Less covid = more non covid.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I didnt see the full picture between him  being on the deck and before. I did witness him shouting etc in their faces when they tried to usher him up the Waverly steps. It then went pear shaped. 

**** him.  

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Excellent, we want doctors to take care of those in hospital with Covid but if they catch it and test positive, it's two weeks with no pay. How empathetic of you. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Excellent, we want doctors to take care of those in hospital with Covid but if they catch it and test positive, it's two weeks with no pay. How empathetic of you. 

Comfortable incomes have more headroom to cope.  Limited public funds are better devoted to those who really need the support.  If you're trying to guilt trip me over this then you're way off the mark.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

**** him.  

🤣 charming .my sympathy for him was tempered by his singalong to that song...

Just now, Victorian said:

Either way,  the policy always was to limit the flow of covid to enable the maximum capacity to deal with routine care and elective proceedures.  

Less covid = more non covid.

Yeah I get that. The issue is they put of treatments for renal care, cancer care, endometriosis and arthritis that I know of because they were expecting to be too busy because of Covid and that they didn’t want patients to be potentially exposed to Covid. If they’re now putting of these appointments and treatments even more it’s devastating and dangerous for people. Not blaming anyone but the NHS was stretched to start of with, how are they ever going to catch up. People are going to suffer and die for years as a result of all these missed appointments and that’s not to mention the undiagnosed stuff that’s suddenly going to be diagnosed after Covid is over.

Starting to look like Covid is the tip of the iceberg ☹️

I was off sick for about 6 weeks earlier in the year.  I got SSP instead of wages.  I have a very modest amount of savings but more than enough to cope.  

But I'm what?   Expected to support doctors getting paid full income to isolate?  Nut.  Naw.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah I get that. The issue is they put of treatments for renal care, cancer care, endometriosis and arthritis that I know of because they were expecting to be too busy because of Covid and that they didn’t want patients to be potentially exposed to Covid. If they’re now putting of these appointments and treatments even more it’s devastating and dangerous for people. Not blaming anyone but the NHS was stretched to start of with, how are they ever going to catch up. People are going to suffer and die for years as a result of all these missed appointments and that’s not to mention the undiagnosed stuff that’s suddenly going to be diagnosed after Covid is over.

Starting to look like Covid is the tip of the iceberg ☹️

Yeah,  it's not great.  

Malinga the Swinga

Good to see Government, UK one, sticking to their guns and refusing to exempt footballers from Iceland from playing qualifier at Wembley after they previously visited Denmark this midweek. Denmark of course has Mink Covid and no travel exemptions are allowed. Everyone must isolate for 14 days without fail. 

What's that, England are involved and may forfeit game. Well, in that case, exemptions granted. On you go. 

What a joke UK is. They deserve to bring new variation of Covid here. 

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Comfortable incomes have more headroom to cope.  Limited public funds are better devoted to those who really need the support.  If you're trying to guilt trip me over this then you're way off the mark.

I didn't expect you to feel guilty, nor did I expect you to empathise or sympathise. 

I expected you to react exactly as you did, with an overwhelming case of look at me, I'm superior and I had savings. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I didn't expect you to feel guilty, nor did I expect you to empathise or sympathise. 

I expected you to react exactly as you did, with an overwhelming case of look at me, I'm superior and I had savings. 

What a weird attitude and total misrepresentation.  I'll leave you to your wee vendetta.

25 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

www.hibs.net?

43 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Not quite, but I’d downgrade to cheaper cask scotch for the week or sack the cleaner

Can you put the cleaner on furlough?

Seems the best solution.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

You wouldn't believe the difference in taste.

:rofl:

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Very plucky of you.

:muggy:

30 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Can't speak for elsewhere, but my local GP's practice hasn't carried out routine care since March and they have no plans to re-start it anytime soon.

From my own personal point, my last Cardiac & Diabetic check-up was in March 2019, that's now 20 months ago, I was due to have my annual check-ups in March this year but they got cancelled for obvious reasons, and I fully well expect it will be over 2 years will have passed by the time I get another check-up.  On a national level it's now 14 months since I last had a diabetic retinopathy screening, you are supposed to get a retina scan every year. 

Obviously there are many many more people than just me who are also in the same/similar position with their check-ups being cancelled.

You say in a later post about it being the tip of the iceberg, and indeed I think you will be correct, because there will be thousands maybe even millions of people in the UK whose conditions could well be deteriorating but are not being caught and treated at an earlier stage, as it's not just cancer which has better outcomes if treated early.

48 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Didn't have sauce or marinade.

The first phots had a sauce of shallots, white wine, salt, pepper and capers. 

The second photo has a sauce of fags, white lightning, greggs sausage rolls and a yeast infection. 

Nucky Thompson
26 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

On a national level it's now 14 months since I last had a diabetic retinopathy screening, you are supposed to get a retina scan every year. 

I got my type1 diabetic consultation over the phone in May. They then arranged for me to go to my practice nurse to get bloods taken.

I got my retinopathy screening at the ERI 2 weeks ago, about 4 months overdue granted.

I can't argue with the service I'm getting from my GP practice 

37 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Can't speak for elsewhere, but my local GP's practice hasn't carried out routine care since March and they have no plans to re-start it anytime soon.

From my own personal point, my last Cardiac & Diabetic check-up was in March 2019, that's now 20 months ago, I was due to have my annual check-ups in March this year but they got cancelled for obvious reasons, and I fully well expect it will be over 2 years will have passed by the time I get another check-up.  On a national level it's now 14 months since I last had a diabetic retinopathy screening, you are supposed to get a retina scan every year. 

Obviously there are many many more people than just me who are also in the same/similar position with their check-ups being cancelled.

You say in a later post about it being the tip of the iceberg, and indeed I think you will be correct, because there will be thousands maybe even millions of people in the UK whose conditions could well be deteriorating but are not being caught and treated at an earlier stage, as it's not just cancer which has better outcomes if treated early.

Sorry you’ve had those tests postponed mate. Hope you stay well and fully agree with everything you say. 

50 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I have stated earlier about a person I know who has possibly skin cancer and he has been told he may wait “ up to 14 weeks “ to see a consultant . A disgrace 

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Don't worry, the Greens are on the case.

6 weeks after I emailed all my local MSPs re the impact of Covid measures, the last one to reply, Andy Wightman, told me the following:

---

If it is left unchecked, it will cause far more deaths than the wider harms caused by the response measures.

---

So, he accepts there are wider harms being caused by the response measures, but he states in no uncertain terms that CV19 will cause more deaths than the measures, despite providing no proof. It's reassuring to have this quality of representative in these troubling times.

As a political party, the Greens are pointless.

In Scotland, they're Nats in all but name

52 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:muggy:

:biggrin2: Ah, so you weren't going to crack the old "pheasant plucker" one then with the play on words you never posted.

53 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Diabetes needs regular checks . My mate has contacted his Msp and also made an official complaint to try speed things up . Luckily for him he has arranged a private consultant . The initial visit will cost £ 200 then more if treatment needed . What about people who can’t afford to do this ? Again it’s the poor/ low income people who have suffered so much during this pandemic in so many ways . 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Diabetes needs regular checks . My mate has contacted his Msp and also made an official complaint to try speed things up . Luckily for him he has arranged a private consultant . The initial visit will cost £ 200 then more if treatment needed . What about people who can’t afford to do this ? Again it’s the poor/ low income people who have suffered so much during this pandemic in so many ways . 

Annual checks are fine for controlled diabetes.

Has your mate just been diagnosed? I can't think why anyone would need to go private.

21 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I got my type1 diabetic consultation over the phone in May. They then arranged for me to go to my practice nurse to get bloods taken.

I got my retinopathy screening at the ERI 2 weeks ago, about 4 months overdue granted.

I can't argue with the service I'm getting from my GP practice 

Our retinopathy screening travels from the ERI to Haylodge Hospital in Peebles, but all that's been put on hold, for the time being.

When I got a phone call from my GP surgery about the flu jab, i asked about check-up's, that's how I know they have no plans to re-start them, I mentioned that it was March '19 since my last, and was told that our GP's are only seeing urgent cases only.

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Annual checks are fine for controlled diabetes.

Has your mate just been diagnosed? I can't think why anyone would need to go private.

No he hasn’t but is worried sick as it’s the usual with cancer or suspected the earlier found the better the outcome so isn’t taking chances waiting on a diagnosis  

Edited by JamesM48

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Our retinopathy screening travels from the ERI to Haylodge Hospital in Peebles, but all that's been put on hold, for the time being.

When I got a phone call from my GP surgery about the flu jab, i asked about check-up's, that's how I know they have no plans to re-start them, I mentioned that it was March '19 since my last, and was told that our GP's are only seeing urgent cases only.

Maybe tell them that you would be willing to travel up to the ERI to get the screening 

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Maybe tell them that you would be willing to travel up to the ERI to get the screening 

That's something to think about. 👍

46 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I have stated earlier about a person I know who has possibly skin cancer and he has been told he may wait “ up to 14 weeks “ to see a consultant . A disgrace 

I really hope everything works out for your mate.

What was the pre-covid waiting time?  I was a four month wait in 2005.  I'd like to think things had improved since then.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I really hope everything works out for your mate.

What was the pre-covid waiting time?  I was a four month wait in 2005.  I'd like to think things had improved since then.

For this it’s meant to be 2 weeks 

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Are we talking treatments or personnel?

Nice you expect my taxes to support everyone 

, except myself if I need it

Thoughts on this which is an organisation heavily backed by UK Gov. 

https://www.weforum.org/reports/the-future-of-jobs-report-2020/digest

• The future of work has already arrived for a large majority of the online white-collar workforce. Eighty-four percent of employers are set to rapidly digitalize working processes, including a significant expansion of remote work—with the potential to move 44% of their workforce to operate remotely. To address concerns about productivity and well-being, about one-third of all employers expect to also take steps to create a sense of community, connection and belonging among employees through digital tools, and to tackle the well-being challenges posed by the shift to remote work.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic