Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

20 minutes ago, Barack said:

90% of the time, it works everytime!

Raaar!

That's the spirit. Good positive Corona news for once.

I think I will keep my Lemsips on standby until this has been tried and tested for a wee bit longer. 

I heard that the 90% that survived the vaccine are now bedridden but still alive so all systems go.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, escobri said:

Do you feel the majority will take it though? I'm not so sure, could get very interesting if they try to make it mandatory.

Going by the mad rush to get the Flu vaccine, I'm pretty confident that most people who say they wouldn't take it, will

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Duh!  Fact remains.  Majority take the vaccine = minority benefit from less virus circulating.  

thats a good thing - people making a choice rather than being forced results in less virus circulating

everyone wins :)

1 minute ago, escobri said:

Do you feel the majority will take it though? I'm not so sure, could get very interesting if they try to make it mandatory.

Yes the majority will take it.  Anti-vaxxers and vaccine sceptics will inevitably overplay the scale of their own view.  The roll-out will be something like NHS,  other key workers,  most vulneranle,  less vulnerable,  older age groups through to younger ages.  By the time the roll-out goes through it's stages,  a significant majority will take it.

What travel patterns are affecting Edinburgh, then?  I'd suggest a wee look at the westbound lanes of the bypass & M8 most late afternoons/evenings might just giveyou a clue as to where just perhaps, movement is predominantly occurring.

No fan allowed in to grounds unless he or she has taken the vaccine ?

In the next couple of months we will see other versions and be able to compare but either way it's progress but it would not be covid if it was not a complex procedure re 2 jabs and storage issues

By spring it looks like there will be major progress towards a 'cure'

5 minutes ago, steve123 said:

The guy from STV just asked the correct question around Edinburgh etc and Glasgow, she is just talking nonsense around her 5 step plan.

Exposed her wind and pish ... 

2 minutes ago, the general said:

Exposed her wind and pish ... 

She is absolutely loving the power trip today as per usual.  The God complex of deciding what areas will be in what tiers.  She couldn't/ didn't  answer the stv guy question about Glasgow and even had the audacity to praise Glasgow in the last few weeks.  

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, the general said:

Looks like Edinburgh not moving tiers

A bit of a kick in the balls to be honest

Malinga the Swinga
19 minutes ago, steve123 said:

The guy from STV just asked the correct question around Edinburgh etc and Glasgow, she is just talking nonsense around her 5 step plan.

Yeah but Glasgow was put in a minor sort of restriction months ago therefore shouldn't be restricted again, even though it and Lanarkshire are by a mile the worst areas in Scotland. We need to praise West and knock down Lothian/Edinburgh and keep them the same or else NS won't be happy. If it was other way round, no danger she would be doing the same. 

17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Who needs an economy, anyway?

A madcap improvised comedy show in which Sturgeon, Leitch, Swinney and the wee guy from the Green Pairty compete for to see who can inflict the most damage on the Scottish economy. Hosted by Clive Anderson. Friday nights, Channel Four.

Don't forget to add in the silent part played by Edinburgh Clowncil who are SNP-Labour run, and won't question their party leader.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

The levels system is a joke (not tiers as we need to be different to Englandshire) if they are not even following their own criteria.

What did you realistically expect?

2 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

The levels system is a joke (not tiers as we need to be different to Englandshire) if they are not even following their own criteria.

Actually they are - their criteria was clearly spelled out as they take the stats and decide if they want to go with them or not based on their own ideas.

Basically there is no tiers system at all - its still the Nats playing politics over places it doesn't like.

She is a power mad imbecile.

5 tier plan but sticking to just the two. Glasgow and the West must not be restricted more than Edinburgh at any costs

She shows absolute disdain to the reporters asking questions, as if it's beneath her.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Don't forget to add in the silent part played by Edinburgh Clowncil who are SNP-Labour run, and won't question their party leader.

Hope you aren't criticising the beloved party leader. That won't do at all. Punishing Edinburgh/Lothian and praising Glasgow is what she does. 

Just now, frankblack said:
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Actually they are - their criteria was clearly spelled out as they take the stats and decide if they want to go with them or not based on their own ideas.

Basically there is no tiers system at all - its still the Nats playing politics over places it doesn't like.

Why would they want to do that when they can rule with an iron fist?

Spot on

If we're playing by the 'rules' then I can understand that as a caution, until trends show a decline, to go with our (Lothian) current level, however I cannot for the life of me see how the SG are not clamping down on the near 3 times the level infections seen in Glasgow & Lanarkshire.  While they may think that it's plateau-ed there, there's a good chance that those areas are the heartbeat of the virus spewing out its vile and thereby maintaining the levels we're seeing in and around the neighbouring regions.

Aye, but don't forget about all the other factors you thick imbeciles .... :rolleyes:

N Lincs Jambo
2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

If by people you mean doctors and scientists, then yes, yes they were still going on about it being a cure. (Vit D as opposed to the sun)

https://medium.com/microbial-instincts/the-first-clinical-trial-to-support-vitamin-d-therapy-for-covid-19-906a9d907468

Good reading that! 

23 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

She is a power mad imbecile.

5 tier plan but sticking to just the two. Glasgow and the West must not be restricted more than Edinburgh at any costs

She shows absolute disdain to the reporters asking questions, as if it's beneath her.

There are areas in levels 1, 2 and 3. You seem gutted that parts of the country aren't suffering the harshest measures.

Edited by Ray Gin

Just now, jonesy said:

You do try hard to deflect, I'll give you that, Ray :) 

Straw delivery companies must do a roaring trade with you.

Just correcting misinformation.

Just now, jonesy said:

Your public service is laudable :clap: :) 

What's your view on the fact that, despite officially approved statistics highlighting vast differences, Edinburgh and Glasgow (forget the rail-over bits in between for a second) are in the same tier, despite the idea of the tiers being finely tuned to deal with local contexts? Do you think it's fair and justifiable, or simply those making the calls shitting the bed about annoying the west?

My view is that tier 3 clearly has quite a wide scope with Edinburgh being right at the lower end and Glasgow being right at the upper end. There's been no significant shift in numbers for either city from 2 weeks ago.

Strange that people spend months berating Sturgeon for being overly draconian yet are now greeting because some parts of the country aren't being hit with the harshest measures possible.

As I need to keep repeating, Glasgow has already suffered a local lockdown whereas Edinburgh has not. I know this doesn't fit your agenda but it is an undeniable fact.

I think some Hearts fans are trying to apply a west coast / east coast persecution complex in a wholly inappropriate context.  Mad Nicola Doncaster oot.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I think some Hearts fans are trying to apply a west coast / east coast persecution complex in a wholly inappropriate context.  Mad Nicola Doncaster oot.

That isn't it at all.

The situation is clear that she isn't applying the rules to manage the tiers as the numbers suggest.  That is entirely down to politics not science.

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

My view is that tier 3 clearly has quite a wide scope with Edinburgh being right at the lower end and Glasgow being right at the upper end. There's been no significant shift in numbers for either city from 2 weeks ago.

Strange that people spend months berating Sturgeon for being overly draconian yet are now greeting because some parts of the country aren't being hit with the harshest measures possible.

As I need to keep repeating, Glasgow has already suffered a local lockdown whereas Edinburgh has not. I know this doesn't fit your agenda but it is an undeniable fact.

If anyone has been to Glasgow (I live and work here), it's still essentially in lockdown. Only a few cafes and restaurants open in town and they're absolutely dead. Most places have decided not to even open for 12-6, as it's pointless. I'm really not sure what else can be done here to bring the numbers down. 

If they put Glasgow on full lockdown, I wouldn't even notice the difference (being a key worker, I will still need to go to work!). Place is a ghost town and there's nothing to do except get coffee.

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It was NS who, along with advisors etc, developed this convoluted system. She is now refusing to apply it even when there is strong evidence. FWIW, I'm not saying that Glasgow ought to be 'hit' with the 'harshest' tier (even the language used around this is uncomfortable). But you know that, and are again trying to change the discussion. And, following the logic, surely the worst-affected regions would welcome stricter measures to make life safe again?

There is no evidence of respect from her or her party for those who are suffering due to loss of livelihoods and/or loneliness. But she has a wee cry every time she sees folk trying to enjoy their lives.

The best evidence of someone losing control is when they refuse to give it up. There's a lad over the Atlantic having similar issues at the moment.

What strong evidence? Glasgow's numbers haven't gone up from the last review, so why should they get bumped up a level?

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I believe that, based on the figures, there should be some difference between the tier in force in the Lothians (minus West Lothian) and Glasgow/Lanarkshire/Ayrshire, and I'm from the north of Scotland, so no west/east coast persecution complex here.

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

Hopefully this vaccine works and this thread is consigned to the classics in few months time.

CLASSICS hahahahaha, a 60k word psychological thesis more like 😜

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Serious question, and one you might be best placed to answer given your location: what is it that you think is keeping the numbers high?

In my opinion, it's House parties. My neighbours had about ten people in partying at the weekend.

It's no secret Glaswegians love a drink, so when they close the pubs, what else are people going to do?

Joviality aside,  what's the point in having restrictions if they're rolled back prematurely?  It needs given a chance to do what's intended to do.  It's bloody obvious that the mindset is only to move areas down a tier if it's very likely to be a sustainable move.  Areas jumping up and down too often will do nothing of any use.

An area will only move down the tiers if it can stick.

Just now, Victorian said:

Joviality aside,  what's the point in having restrictions if they're rolled back prematurely?  It needs given a chance to do what's intended to do.  It's bloody obvious that the mindset is only to move areas down a tier if it's very likely to be a sustainable move.  Areas jumping up and down too often will do nothing of any use.

An area will only move down the tiers if it can stick.

Wasn't the circuit breaker supposed to be 2 weeks?  We are well past that.

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I think some Hearts fans are trying to apply a west coast / east coast persecution complex 

Aye, I've never saw this before. The SFA and weegie polis don't treat us differently :whistling:

Just now, frankblack said:

Wasn't the circuit breaker supposed to be 2 weeks?  We are well past that.

So?  There's now a tier system with no fixed end date.  The 2 week thing is obsolete.

Just now, Victorian said:

So?  There's now a tier system with no fixed end date.  The 2 week thing is obsolete.

You mean to tell me the SG lied to us when stripping away our liberties and costing people their jobs again?

Scottish numbers: 9 November 2020

Summary

• 912 new cases of COVID-19 reported [-203]
  • 1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends) [-1]
  • 105 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-6]
  • 1,226 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 [-19]
  • 11,479 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results – 9.1% of these were positive [-5750, +1.8%]

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You would let Sturgeon give you a golden shower and thank her for it. She hasn’t changed the tiers because it would upset her hard core support in the west. If you can’t see that the you are blind. 

Pubs were only meant to be closed for two ****ing weeks. She never mentioned a tier system at the time. She is a lying little **** face. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

You mean to tell me the SG lied to us when stripping away our liberties and costing people their jobs again?

No,  they replaced one idea with another.  We've seen all the governments changing direction in a similar way.  The tier system stands a chance of being a longer lasting strategy.  But areas will only move down if they think it's sustainable.  100%

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

You would let Sturgeon give you a golden shower and thank her for it. She hasn’t changed the tiers because it would upset her hard core support in the west. If you can’t see that the you are blind. 

Juvenile and deluded.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

No,  they replaced one idea with another.  We've seen all the governments changing direction in a similar way.  The tier system stands a chance of being a longer lasting strategy.  But areas will only move down if they think it's sustainable.  100%

Sorry, going to have to disagree.  At best they were misleading the public, at worst outright liars.

The tier system isn't being applied fairly - it should be applied based on the data without political interference which is going on with Edinburgh.

What this appears like is they don't know what they are doing and have lost the plot.

Edited by frankblack

Per-board per-100,000 case stats:

Scotland 17 [-3].

Lanarkshire 33 [-4], Greater Glasgow 31 [-4], Ayrshire 20 [-7].

Fife 13 [-3], Lothian 12 [-1].

All the rest: less than 10.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic